The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday September 15th, 2022

richwmn

55 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

Much praise and support for good caregivers. Thanks to my sisters, brother, SIL, & BILS for their loving help with DM’s move to her new home. Especially thankful for sister who stayed the entire month of August (in Phoenix…) to make the move happen. I spent the last week in the “cool” weather of AZ with DM. Her new home is resort like- beautiful public rooms, a library much like the beautiful Oceania libraries, the dining room reminded me of a bhb, comfortable, with a nice variety of food and serving times & good food - not quite as good as The Lido or the GDR, but tasty.  The best part was staying with her and learning about her new home. Especially enjoyed the Queen Elizabeth conversations. We are not a star struck family (although once I was delighted to follow the Earl of Grantham (Hugh Bonneville) and Mr. Bates (Brendan Coyle) around a small shop in Los Angeles…) but I loved hearing DM talk about the princesses, Elizabeth and Margaret, Elizabeth’s and Phillip’s wedding in 1946, a year before my mother and father wed, and learning that DM and her father woke up early to listen to Bertie abdicate.

3B78FE66-FDBA-40CA-8F5B-A0442EDA4E80.thumb.jpeg.c2589cb1eceaec91e09f3b8b58b7cdc9.jpeg

That is good news that your DM is in her new home and that she likes it.  It was nice that the entire family helped with the move.  

Lenda

• Like 10

Good afternoon everyone.

It is amazing that I actually have time for a second post today.

I went over to our house.  Jim did not come with me.  He was exhausted and just wanted to rest. I was okay with that but a bit frightened.  I feel the house is a hazard and am so afraid of falling again.

No one from the water mitigation team showed up so I was all alone.

I dismantled all the things from the bathroom.  I washed all the show towels and the pretty curtain on the block window and put them away for safe keeping.  Took all the pretty shell, etc and put them in a box.

The surprise was the report from the insurance company with the amount of first check based on the adjuster’s report.  The piddling amount was pitiful.  I called the contractor who told me not to cash it and he would be in touch with the desk adjuster and copy me with all communication. i don’t understand how a check could be issued when the demolition work hasn’t been finished.

I am very tired.  The drive was very long today with lots of traffic.  I think we have to find another place closer to home. i just can’t do this on a daily basis.

I hope everyone had a great day.

Take care and stay safe.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I am under contract!!!  Great offer.   So good it actually kind of blew me away.    Now we just have to pass inspection and the appraisal.   Realtor isn't worried about anything.

IMG_7069.thumb.jpg.3d963a483b8d24edb6dd26b3fa325061.jpg

I do, too!  But I'm having veggie nachos tonight.   And wine!  Celebration night!

Congratulations, Debbie!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I am under contract!!!  Great offer.   So good it actually kind of blew me away.    Now we just have to pass inspection and the appraisal.   Realtor isn't worried about anything.

I do, too!  But I'm having veggie nachos tonight.   And wine!  Celebration night!

How awesome! Congratulations! Hoping more are in store!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Awesome!  Now you just need to get a deal on the house in Midland.

Roy

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Congratulations, Debbie.  Relax and celebrate tonight, and hopefully tomorrow they'll accept the offer on the house in Midland.  

Lenda

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Congratulations on the pending sale. No sloppy joes here tonight Pork Enchiladas are on the menu. 

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Debbie I couldn't be happier for you!!!  Woohoo!!!  C E L E B R A T E!!  🍷

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Debbie CONGRATULATIONS!! We will toast to your home sale tonight!! 

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Congratulations Debbie!  Hope the Midland house comes through soon, and then you'll be on your way!🏡

57 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

@dfish Congratulations! Now take a deep breath and relax!  Hope you will soon be in your new home!

55 minutes ago, Cat in my lap said:

Congratulations Debbie on being under contract so quickly!

11 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Congratulations, Debbie!

9 minutes ago, Love the beach said:

How awesome! Congratulations! Hoping more are in store!

Thank you everyone.  There will defintely be some celebration tonight, but not too much as I have a busy day tomorrow.  The best part of this right now is being able to stay in my own home and not go driving around while strangers occupy it.  Poor Bob and Cindy had to put up with me for three nights in a row.  

The hold up on the Midland house is not price.  The son, who is an attorney, is a stickler on every possible detail (except a hole they left in the living room wall) and he is hung up on waiting for our homes to clear inspections and appraisals.  I emailed all the sale documents to my realtor in Midland, hoping that will help.   We shall see.  But for now, CHEERS!!!!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@Cruising-alongHighway 2 is closed at least until Monday, so your weekend plans will require driving around. A large tree slid onto the highway near town yesterday and went through the guardrail. Safety continues to be a concern with the hillside compromised by the fire. Crews are cutting and clearing burnt out trees and clearing rocks and fire debris from the road.

975585571_tunneltree1.jpg.3e4ccf67fa755620ebe210c2a468fe8c.jpg  1009673363_tunneltree2.jpg.960c19bba0a88cedf9458e5bbac578b8.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, dfish said:

WOO HOO!  I am so happy for you.  Definitely wine is on the agenda tonight for you if not champagne 🙂 

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon everyone.

I went over to our house.  Jim did not come with me.  He was exhausted and just wanted to rest. I was okay with that but a bit frightened.  I feel the house is a hazard and am so afraid of falling again.

I dismantled all the things from the bathroom.  I washed all the show towels and the pretty curtain on the block window and put them away for safe keeping.  Took all the pretty shell, etc and put them in a box.

The surprise was the report from the insurance company with the amount of first check based on the adjuster’s report.  The piddling amount was pitiful.  I called the contractor who told me not to cash it and he would be in touch with the desk adjuster and copy me with all communication. i don’t understand how a check could be issued when the demolition work hasn’t been finished.

I am very tired.  The drive was very long today with lots of traffic.  I think we have to find another place closer to home. i just can’t do this on a daily basis.

Take care and stay safe.

God Bless,

Terri

Oh Terri, so sorry.  Leave it in your contractor’s hands and good advice - DO NOT CASH THAT CHEQUE - it can be interpreted as all settled and fine (and no, I’m not a lawyer).

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon everyone.

Take care and stay safe.

God Bless,

Terri

Prayers for better solutions and action. B.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

@Cruising-alongHighway 2 is closed at least until Monday, so your weekend plans will require driving around. A large tree slid onto the highway near town yesterday and went through the guardrail. Safety continues to be a concern with the hillside compromised by the fire. Crews are cutting and clearing burnt out trees and clearing rocks and fire debris from the road.

975585571_tunneltree1.jpg.3e4ccf67fa755620ebe210c2a468fe8c.jpg  1009673363_tunneltree2.jpg.960c19bba0a88cedf9458e5bbac578b8.jpg

Wow!  And that's a good-sized tree 😞  So much work.

Thank you so much for the update, now we can plan on taking I-90.  At least I found another spot we can stop to let the boys run around and take a dip in a lake.  It's a long ride for 7 and 9-year-olds.

Thanks again.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

@Horizon chaser 1957 I believe you are boarding Zaandam in Montreal soon.  Just a quick heads up, you will be joined in Montreal by MS Amera, most recently MS Prinsendam.

Roy

😍😍😍
Thank you for letting me know!

Do you think they would notice if we swapped ships?🤔

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

Wow, that is a big tree.  I'm glad it did not hurt any one.

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon everyone.

Take care and stay safe.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm glad you safely navigated the house, and rescued the things from the bathroom.  I agree with the advice not to cash the check.  It's probably their first offer which they hope you'll take.  It the contractor is willing to handle it, it's a good idea to do so.  He's probably handled a lot of insurance claims.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dfish said:

Congratulations, and fingers crossed for the midland house

• Like 7

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@dfish,Debbie, I just saw your good news and I am very happy for you.Congratulations!

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

Woohoo! 👏

1 hour ago, kazu said:

WOO HOO!  I am so happy for you.  Definitely wine is on the agenda tonight for you if not champagne 🙂 

4 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

@dfish, Congratulations, now take some time to relax and start packing for your cruise.🎉🚢🍾

Thank you, all.  I am celebrating with a nice bottle of La Crema Chardonnay.  It is back to the grindstone tomorrow.  This is happening quickly so I need to start packing up.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

😍😍😍
Thank you for letting me know!

Do you think they would notice if we swapped ships?🤔

Not quite sure what you're suggesting but I have my doubts.  If the idea is to take Amera to Fort Lauderdale, I expect Amera's Captain might object, and I don't think you would want to sail to Bremerhaven and miss the World Cruise.  If you get a chance to look down from Zaandam's top deck, do check out the new Beer Garden where the Lido Pool used to be.

Roy

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Not quite sure what you're suggesting but I have my doubts.  If the idea is to take Amera to Fort Lauderdale, I expect Amera's Captain might object, and I don't think you would want to sail to Bremerhaven and miss the World Cruise.  If you get a chance to look down from Zaandam's top deck, do check out the new Beer Garden where the Lido Pool used to be.

Roy

That will be interesting to check

out. And I’m sure that commandeering a cruise ship with the defence that she used to be our favorite would be frowned on. 😉

It would be nice to see her again, non the less.

• Like 7