The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday October 1st, 2022

richwmn

Today is International Coffee Day, International Day for the Elderly, and International Frugal Fun Day

Do not read, as children do, to amuse yourself, or like the ambitious, for the purpose of instruction. No, read in order to live.--Gustave Flaubert

Meal Suggestion for today - cumin steak
Drink of the Day - Rum Breeze
Wine of the Day - McManis 2020 Estate Grown Certified Sustainable
Destination of the Day - Toulon, France

Eurodam

Seattle, Washington 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 10/02

Nieuw Statendam

Bar Harbor, Maine 08:00 - 17:00

Noordam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 10/02

Oosterdam

Sarande, Albania 08:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Rotterdam, Netherlands South Holland eta 10/02

Volendam

Haifa, Tel Aviv-Nazareth, Israel 08:00 - 23:00

Westerdam

Victoria, Canada

Zaandam

Montreal, Quebec Canada 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

San Francisco, California 08:00 - 17:00

1001World.thumb.png.b95a0fdbf2c1154924c534f15dcb4c31.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 13

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit. 

Good Morning! I’ve been up for a couple hours, don’t know why. 

Thanks to all for caring and sharing. 

I’m so glad everyone is safe from Fiona and Ian. 

I’m going to try and go back to sleep now. 

• Like 29

It is sunny and 55°F here in North East England at 11.50am.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich.

Interesting days.

White Rabbit 🐰🐰 White Rabbit for the first day of October.

We are stopping home today watching TV so we are being Frugal.

Nice food today.

Toulon is a nice destination.

Wishing everyone a safe and nice weekend.

Graham.

Screenshot_20221001_114831.jpg

Screenshot_20221001_114808.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Rabbit  Rabbit  White rabbit

Welcome October, please be kind.

Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

I know a lot of people who will celebrate coffee day!  Please be kind to the elderly, especially if you are one.  We often have frugal fun.😉

Love the quote.

Looking forward to seeing the recipe for today's meal suggestion.

I'm sure the drink and the wine are tasty.

It's cool and dark.  When the sun comes up, Bertie and I will go for a walk.

Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend.

Stay safe.

• Like 27

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds interesting and I’m sure I’d like it.  I look forward to recipes and pictures from @dfish.  I’ll run some errands this morning and hopefully get them done before the rain starts.  Definitely need the weekend away from work. A few customers finally woke up after months of my nudging them claiming we were helping fast enough, ugh.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.756d9dc1ebe002e73390f81851352522.png

• Like 24
  • Haha 5

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit.  Thank you, Rich for the first Fleet Report and Daily for October.    I like all 3 of today's days but International Day for the Elderly and International Coffee Day are tied closely for my favorite.  I have not been to Toulon.  A nice quote from Flaubert.  It looks like a wet day here but not heavy enough rain to make things impossible.  I'll head to the mall soon for my walking and then groceries.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Pear, Cucumber, and Melon Gazpacho, Turkey Scallopini, and Apple Strudel, my first dinner on Amsterdam's Grand Asia voyage October 1, 2017.

dishes01.jpg

Today’s care list:

Threat and horrific damage from Ian
Status of jimgev

Sam with shingles
Western wildfires
Tthose in Fiona’s wake
Tana’s aide with Covid
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and in denial
Seasick Sailor’s sister recovering from soldier surgery
Marshhawk needing more diabetes medicine
From the rotation:
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)
Heartgrove brother discharged but in hospice care
LocoLoco1 recovering from back surgery
Cruisin Terri leak damage

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

kplady RETIRED
Cruzin Terri headed to Barbados 10/3 to 10/17
Seasick Sailor booking holiday cruise
HALSailer family place in South Florida coming through Ian
7 days for Cunnorl (Noordam 10/8 to 1/2/23)
7 days for Cruising-Along(10/29), dfish, NextOne, Richwmn, SharoninAz (Nieuw Statendam 10/8 to 10/22)
7 days for HAL4NW (Koningsdam 10/8 to 10/24)
1 day for MissG (Avalon Imagery II 10/2 to 10/6 then Oosterdam 10/10 to 10/22)
1 day for Dismomx5 (Rotterdam 10/2 to 10/27)
Bon Voyage Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12)
Bon Voyage Mister67 (Clelebrity Infinity to 10/8, Lemonade cruise
Rowsby in Hawaii until 10/28
fatcat04 (Nieuw Statendam to 10/2), LoveTheBeach (Adventure OTS  to 10/8), sailingdutchy (Oosterdam  to 10/10), and  Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 16

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit.  Thank you, Rich for the first Fleet Report and Daily for October.    I like all 3 of today's days but International Day for the Elderly and International Coffee Day are tied closely for my favorite.  I have not been to Toulon.  A nice quote from Flaubert.  It looks like a wet day here but not heavy enough rain to make things impossible.  I'll head to the mall soon for my walking and then groceries.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Pear, Cucumber, and Melon Gazpacho, Turkey Scallopini, and Apple Strudel, my first dinner on Amsterdam's Grand Asia voyage October 1, 2017.

dishes01.jpg

Today’s care list:

Threat and horrific damage from Ian
Status of jimgev

Sam with shingles
Western wildfires
Tthose in Fiona’s wake
Tana’s aide with Covid
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and in denial
Seasick Sailor’s sister recovering from soldier surgery
Marshhawk needing more diabetes medicine
From the rotation:
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)
Heartgrove brother discharged but in hospice care
LocoLoco1 recovering from back surgery
Cruisin Terri leak damage

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

kplady RETIRED
Cruzin Terri headed to Barbados 10/3 to 10/17
Seasick Sailor booking holiday cruise
HALSailer family place in South Florida coming through Ian
7 days for Cunnorl (Noordam 10/8 to 1/2/23)
7 days for Cruising-Along(10/29), dfish, NextOne, Richwmn, SharoninAz (Nieuw Statendam 10/8 to 10/22)
7 days for HAL4NW (Koningsdam 10/8 to 10/24)
1 day for MissG (Avalon Imagery II 10/2 to 10/6 then Oosterdam 10/10 to 10/22)
1 day for Dismomx5 (Rotterdam 10/2 to 10/27)
Bon Voyage Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12)
Bon Voyage Mister67 (Clelebrity Infinity to 10/8, Lemonade cruise
Rowsby in Hawaii until 10/28
fatcat04 (Nieuw Statendam to 10/2), LoveTheBeach (Adventure OTS  to 10/8), sailingdutchy (Oosterdam  to 10/10), and  Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

Happy to see so many celebrations and shoutouts.

My blood tests at my doctor's on Wednesday came back as normal.

My doctor's surgery has booked me in for a flu jab and the Autumn booster at the same time next Thursday.

Graham.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!  @Cat in my lapsafe travels.

Rum Breeze cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Cruzan® Black Cherry Rum
1 part Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
2 parts Pineapple Juice
Splash Ginger Ale
Lime Twist

Instructions
Pour first three ingredients over ice in a tall drink glass. Top up with ginger ale and garnish with a lime twist.

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 7.22.27 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 10

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit…..

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich.

Great collection of days - I don’t think I can celebrate fun frugal day at the rate I am spending money on maintenance & having the audacity to cruise 😉 But, I will happily celebrate both the day for the Elderly and Coffee day as I sit here sipping 😉 

7EF920AD-196B-4E6D-ADC3-4E901F55ECCC.thumb.jpeg.e2f6b06879be77dc22023c880698db12.jpeg

Love the Flaubert quote & the meal suggestion sounds intriguing.

Busy day - cruise stuff to do for the upcoming one - check name tags, update the spread sheet & maybe even start a packing list?

But more importantly continue my work outside as much as I can.  Garden Club participants - here is a tip for you - see this mess?

DBCD79F6-E053-4D53-BAB4-FE41BA8D717F.thumb.jpeg.68336c2ea095b8ab4b762773368f3254.jpeg

Canna leaves and dahlias have a lot weight to them.  Big dahlia stems in particular have a LOT of water.  If you lay them out to dry in the sun for a few days, they weigh a lot less and you can get more in your compost bin or bags.

B5F7FB06-FD54-4A15-9CBF-913255E1A852.thumb.jpeg.dee41a0de75047aae31f47ea5c73a4ad.jpeg

This is my 3rd batch 

Now comes the “fun” of trying to lift the dahlia planters and get the bulbs out.  Hopefully they have dried up a bit.  They were so weighted down with water that they were impossible to handle before.    I want everything dried and put a away before I leave.

For those of you who wonder why some of us have our cars in the driveway in the summer and fall - speaking for myself - I need a place to put my compost bags.

E03AB5F9-117C-44B9-AD15-A6C42C8503A5.thumb.jpeg.f1b38a5700a307d28fc577302143cae6.jpeg

We aren’t allowed to use plastic here - paper - so you don’t want them exposed to too much rain.  I put them in the sun for a couple of days (if we have it) to help dry up the stuff and reduce the weight).  Needless to say, my neighbours are helping by letting me put some of my bags in their spot.  There will be more before compost day comes for sure.  Once there is no need for compost - the SUV goes in.

The news on Ian seems to be worse and worse.  My prayers for everyone affected 🙏🏻 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Saturday everyone !!

C68E9048-1ED6-4517-B488-4384E7E772EE.thumb.jpeg.b498c095c06fdd7e2659f54cc7faa0e3.jpeg

Stay very safe please

• Like 32
  • Haha 9

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily Rich! Roy, thank you for taking the time to keep our lists updated. 

it is another lovely morning here. Hoping that Ian hasn’t caused much damage for our neighbors to the North and all are safe. Lots of surrounding areas still without power. But nothing like Charlotte and Lee Counties. My friend’s Winter  place is gone. I actually hope they do not rebuild there. It is such low lying ground. 

Today I may try to get to the gym to Zumba. Not sure if they are open. Or if they will even have classes. Then I have friends coming over for dinner.

In honor of International coffee day…

0470F6E8-08ED-4F6E-9E4F-CCB8171D7F29.jpeg.069de33390f597d7a7f5cb73ed914aca.jpeg

53C28C5E-B077-41B0-B952-29D40A13747C.jpeg.f643b34958ee346b706cd52f6f8ce66f.jpeg

26DD502D-5DF8-4EAA-AD26-52031176C6F6.jpeg.6ca6f9820f84a81ca7b92ee988002b47.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Hope we hear from @jimgev today. Cheers to all who are celebrating.  Stay well everyone.  

McManis 2020 Estate Grown Certified Sustainable Viognier

This Viognier is priced to try! I am adding this to the list. It is available from several online distributors with prices starting at $8.97! Cheaper than most glasses of wine. 😎

Winemaker Notes

Light straw in color, this Viognier is a rich, velvety white wine with peach, pear and apricot aromas. Similar stone fruits and vanilla notes grace the palate along with a touch of minerality, leading to a smooth and decadent finish.

Critical Acclaim

WE90
Wine Enthusiast
Rich and aromatic, this full-bodied, luxurious and ripe-tasting wine pours out coconut, fig, vanilla and honeysuckle flavors that coat the palate and linger on the finish.
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, kazu said:

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit…..

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich.

Great collection of days - I don’t think I can celebrate fun frugal day at the rate I am spending money on maintenance & having the audacity to cruise 😉 But, I will happily celebrate both the day for the Elderly and Coffee day as I sit here sipping 😉 

7EF920AD-196B-4E6D-ADC3-4E901F55ECCC.thumb.jpeg.e2f6b06879be77dc22023c880698db12.jpeg

Love the Flaubert quote & the meal suggestion sounds intriguing.

Busy day - cruise stuff to do for the upcoming one - check name tags, update the spread sheet & maybe even start a packing list?

But more importantly continue my work outside as much as I can.  Garden Club participants - here is a tip for you - see this mess?

DBCD79F6-E053-4D53-BAB4-FE41BA8D717F.thumb.jpeg.68336c2ea095b8ab4b762773368f3254.jpeg

Canna leaves and dahlias have a lot weight to them.  Big dahlia stems in particular have a LOT of water.  If you lay them out to dry in the sun for a few days, they weigh a lot less and you can get more in your compost bin or bags.

B5F7FB06-FD54-4A15-9CBF-913255E1A852.thumb.jpeg.dee41a0de75047aae31f47ea5c73a4ad.jpeg

This is my 3rd batch 

Now comes the “fun” of trying to lift the dahlia planters and get the bulbs out.  Hopefully they have dried up a bit.  They were so weighted down with water that they were impossible to handle before.    I want everything dried and put a away before I leave.

For those of you who wonder why some of us have our cars in the driveway in the summer and fall - speaking for myself - I need a place to put my compost bags.

E03AB5F9-117C-44B9-AD15-A6C42C8503A5.thumb.jpeg.f1b38a5700a307d28fc577302143cae6.jpeg

We aren’t allowed to use plastic here - paper - so you don’t want them exposed to too much rain.  I put them in the sun for a couple of days (if we have it) to help dry up the stuff and reduce the weight).  Needless to say, my neighbours are helping by letting me put some of my bags in their spot.  There will be more before compost day comes for sure.  Once there is no need for compost - the SUV goes in.

The news on Ian seems to be worse and worse.  My prayers for everyone affected 🙏🏻 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Saturday everyone !!

C68E9048-1ED6-4517-B488-4384E7E772EE.thumb.jpeg.b498c095c06fdd7e2659f54cc7faa0e3.jpeg

Stay very safe please

Very interesting post as well as funny memes.

Graham 

• Like 15

Good morning.  I'm elderly and drinking coffee here at five in the morning, so on task there. Like @dobiemom, I've been up seems like forever.  But haven't been very frugal lately.  Gotta work on that.

Things are settling down here after a real marathon summer.  We had two new grandchildren.  DH and I were tasked with keeping the older siblings occupied.  One of the children has some disabilities, so it's pretty hard work.  Labor of love, but still tiring for this old lady.  Glad it's October.  Bring on the Autumn!  🍁  🍂  🎃

Nice to see lots of "movement" going on here with people heading off on trips.  Love the fall travel season!  

Have a great day, Everyone, and thanks for the Daily!

• Like 28

Good morning. It is dark and almost rainy here. It will be that way for the next two days.

Well, I am also older and drinking coffee this morning.Frugality is becoming  more and more of a necessity. We have been to the port and I will have to find pictures.I look forward to recipes.

The extent of the damage from Ian is stunning. I am so glad we heard from so many people so far but it has to be overwhelming for everyone.

We continue to be basically ok here and for that I am truly grateful. 
Take care everyone.

• Like 29

🐰Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!🐇  Good morning friends!  It's a lovely sunny morning here.  I am hoping those with damage from Ian and Fiona are able to get some clean up work done today.  I  haven't heard back from my Myrtle Beach friends.  We plan on calling tomorrow if no word comes in today.  I think I'll text DGD and ask if they can find out about power, running water, and road conditions before they head back to Tampa.  They should probably bring back some bottled water and food in case the grocery stores are low on supplies in Tampa.  Prayers for all of you who were hit so hard, and let's hope we hear from @jimgevvery soon.

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor our Daily and Fleet Report!  I support coffee day even though I never drink it.  I know how much everyone depends on it to get moving each morning.  A salute to the elderly including myself I guess.  LOL!  I'm all for frugal fun.  We can play cards or take a walk for entertainment and it's cheap!  Need to hear about cumin steak before I make any decisions.  A good quote but no thanks to the wine or drink.  Toulon, France is a new port for the Daily.  I've been there once on Westerdam so will have to go over the photos and try not to post too many.  I went on a tour of outlying areas so lots of photos to choose from.

Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor our Care and Celebration lists.  So many to pray for but even more cruisers on the Celebration list.  So nice to see a long list of happy people.  Graham @grapau27good news on your blood tests and getting your jabs.  @Cat in my lapsafe travels!  Jacqui @kazuthanks for the memes and the gardening tips.  I understand the compost bag problem with trying to keep them dry.  Back when I mowed and did 90% of the lawn care I had 3 or 4 of those bags a week and if they got really wet it was more difficult moving them to the street for pickup plus the extra weight.  Good luck getting all your chores finished before your cruise!  

My keyboard seems to want to go on strike every 4 or 5 letters so I am having to go slowly and fix all the typos. If any errors come through, sorry for the confusion.  Roy I think autocorrect got the best of you today. I see @Seasick Sailor's sister is recovering from "soldier" surgery instead of shoulder surgery!  😁  

I should turn this laptop off and on again to see if my keyboard will begin to work properly.  That's as good as my technical skills get.  Back later with photos of Toulon.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!

Good morning, everyone.   We have a chilly start to a cool day here in northeast Ohio.  For me it is more of the same - doing my laps, packing boxes, and listening on a Zoom meeting.  It is nice to just have to be a participant and not lead them.  I can fully embrace the celebrations today.  Love my coffee, I'm old, and I try to be frugal.  I haven't been to successful on that part lately.  

I took the bait yesterday and upgraded from an inside stateroom to a balcony cabin through a paid upsell.  I think I'll enjoy it.  I passed up on the first round of upsells but this one came in quite a bit lower.  

Today's meal showcases cumin.   I love cumin in recipes.  I make a fish dish that uses pico de gallo, cumin, basil, and oregano,   I sprinkle a dash of olive oil on it and then put it in the oven till its done.  The cumin gives it a really nice flavor.  

Cumin  is a flowering plant in the family Apiaceae, native to the Irano-Turanian Region. Its seeds – each one contained within a fruit, which is dried – are used in the cuisines of many cultures in both whole and ground form. Although cumin is thought to have uses in traditional medicine, there is no high-quality evidence that it is safe or effective as a therapeutic agent.

Cumin seed is used as a spice for its distinctive flavor and aroma. Cumin can be found in some cheeses, such as Leyden cheese, and in some traditional breads from France. Cumin can be an ingredient in chili powder (often Tex-Mex or Mexican-style) and is found in achiote blends, adobos, sofrito, garam masala, curry powder, and bahaarat, and is used to flavor numerous commercial food products. In South Asian cooking it is often combined with coriander seeds in a powdered mixture called dhana jeera.

Cumin can be used ground or as whole seeds. It imparts an earthy, warming and aromatic character to food, making it a staple in certain stews and soups, as well as spiced gravies such as curry and chili. It is also used as an ingredient in some pickles and pastries.

For cumin steak you will usually find the cumin in a rub that is used to flavor the steak before cooking.   This first recipe comes from the Food Network and does just that along with a cucumber salad.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/sunnys-easy-cumin-rubbed-steak-with-cucumber-salad-5580115

1953823617_cuminsteak1.thumb.jpeg.8c9f03fa92db847ab1c2e09f6fd13e48.jpeg

A rub or marinade can be used on different cuts of meat as in this one for flank steak.  https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/recipes/Cumin-and-Coriander-Rubbed-Flank-Steak

1298090778_cuminsteak3.jpg.97101d1332b49711dbbeff18da68614b.jpg

This one gives us a cumin chili combination for flank steak (or any other kind of steak).  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cumin-chili-spiced-flank-steak/

1009903428_cuminsteak4.jpg.e824e2ecfc54f7829158bbd02b250bf0.jpg

You can always use your cumin steak in a salad.   Here's one for cumin steak and roasted root vegetable salad.  https://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/recipes/recipe/1858/cumin-rubbed-steak-and-roasted-root-vegetable-salad

1328782616_cuminsteak5.jpg.e1b44d29432353f723343e2d07e9a020.jpg

Maybe this steak can be a last chance at the barbecue as the seasons change on us.   Wishing everyone a wonderful day.  Thankful we have heard from most of our Florida Dailyites.  Hoping we hear from @jimgev soon.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 9

Good morning everyone. I can celebrate all the days and the quote. I can’t believe its October. What happened to June?
Thankfully, I’ve heard from all our friends in Ian’s path and all are safe. The devastation in Florida is awful. How do these people rebuild their lives? 
We have some light rain which is from Ian today, but nothing like those in Florida suffered.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Another beautiful day that’s starting out at 56 degrees F and will get to 80 later in the day. We really enjoyed our drive out to Gulf Shores National Park yesterday and a lovely lunch as well. With the stock market eroding our retirement funds so much we definitely have to practice being more frugal. Eye opening to see Carnival stock down to seven dollars a share!  I celebrate being elderly every day cuz the alternative is not so good!

There is another Octoberfest in town and we may drop in as money is being raised for hurricane aid but we have already contributed through our church. Probably will make the usual shopping run to the Commissary and no plans after that.

Hard to believe it’s October already but we are also getting excited as we leave for France in eighteen days for our Scenic River Cruise which is by no means being frugal!

Thanks Rich and Roy and all who make the Daily the addiction it has become!

Bruce

• Like 32

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!

Thanks @rafinmdfor including me on the celebration list - yesterday was my last day at work.  It probably won't hit until I don't have to get up at 5:45 every morning! (now if I can actually sleep later....).

I like the days - I'm definitely in the older camp, LOVE my morning coffee, and try to be frugal.

I have a good friend in Punta Gorda, and hadn't heard from her since the storm hit.  I texted her daughter, and she and her DH are fine, as is their home.  I know so many others have devastating damage, so prayers for everyone in Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and also Canada.  These hurricanes have been pretty awful this year!

Hoping everyone will have a good day. It's supposed to rain here in NY for the next 2 days, but not as bad as in the south.  I'll lift a glass later to celebrate all on the happy list, and prayers are being said for those on the care list.  Stay safe!

Laura

• Like 31

The Westerdam arrived in Toulon, France on August 12, 2017.  It appears it was a nice day for a tour of the region around Toulon.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIFTdnB56XNg8iiubtWeyox?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939125

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLoULjKMreXa_RjLzrjL5YO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939169

On the bus ride out of town we saw a nursery full of olive, palm and fruit trees.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKiI6qi3KWnBtRhwIaek9uC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939639

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI0TCoAnSvRoy_D78_d-G0A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939641

Our first stop was Sanary-sur-Mer, a lovely port city.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5v_D9x3NHZN5BhhP03xVc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939679

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJpv_n5130Rnzrl0DTr9zrY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939694

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLXHx5zgBzeF69C4uGP6UGV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939695

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIgHJOqHijrWduxR2zTsqlA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939707

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVK4CVCU6xdfPtN-YRaDxn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939703

As you can see it was a charming town to spend some time in.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJQp-xi-W7YzzfTQ3Fy18R8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939745

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIz6iihVkmJV_JK1Sykolg8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939784

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLA1pb73B02bUyghNslkbM1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939796

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJonhajON1FZs6noAhOf5p1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939823

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKX5u9rgV4CCHnzIW0EWU-f?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939835

Check out the market.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKE9Pj437b0MwyL6TdRbA7z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939855

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJf3wnvuHrEDNq6uEWcV7q-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939864

Unfortunately, it was time to leave Sanary and move on to our next stop.  We saw interesting things all along the way, but this is what your photos look like from a bus!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJXSfSzeLWb4dsDmoNJPeFl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939893

Here's a decent bus photo of the gorgeous countryside.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK9KlOnxYnTKkmTVUzLoQv6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939903

I think I will begin a separate post for the upcoming stop at Le Castellet, a medieval village according to the signs.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2OCPE693N-W3XiX1M8b3n?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939966

• Like 25
  • Thanks 10

8 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

The Westerdam arrived in Toulon, France on August 12, 2017.  It appears it was a nice day for a tour of the region around Toulon.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIFTdnB56XNg8iiubtWeyox?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939125

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLoULjKMreXa_RjLzrjL5YO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939169

On the bus ride out of town we saw a nursery full of olive, palm and fruit trees.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKiI6qi3KWnBtRhwIaek9uC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939639

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI0TCoAnSvRoy_D78_d-G0A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939641

Our first stop was Sanary-sur-Mer, a lovely port city.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5v_D9x3NHZN5BhhP03xVc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939679

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJpv_n5130Rnzrl0DTr9zrY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939694

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLXHx5zgBzeF69C4uGP6UGV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939695

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIgHJOqHijrWduxR2zTsqlA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939707

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVK4CVCU6xdfPtN-YRaDxn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939703

As you can see it was a charming town to spend some time in.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJQp-xi-W7YzzfTQ3Fy18R8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939745

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIz6iihVkmJV_JK1Sykolg8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939784

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLA1pb73B02bUyghNslkbM1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939796

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJonhajON1FZs6noAhOf5p1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939823

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKX5u9rgV4CCHnzIW0EWU-f?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939835

Check out the market.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKE9Pj437b0MwyL6TdRbA7z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939855

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJf3wnvuHrEDNq6uEWcV7q-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939864

Unfortunately, it was time to leave Sanary and move on to our next stop.  We saw interesting things all along the way, but this is what your photos look like from a bus!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJXSfSzeLWb4dsDmoNJPeFl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939893

Here's a decent bus photo of the gorgeous countryside.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK9KlOnxYnTKkmTVUzLoQv6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939903

I think I will begin a separate post for the upcoming stop at Le Castellet, a medieval village according to the signs.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2OCPE693N-W3XiX1M8b3n?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1503939966

Lovely photos Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1