The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 4th, 2022

richwmn

A minor miracle occurred today-our income tax refund finally arrived. It included an $80 interest payment which we'll have to claim next year.  It's a very overcast, humid (97%) day in the Seattle area- a bit different from all the sun lately. But still no rain! And around here the area between the street and the sidewalk is known as the parking strip or sometimes the planting strip.

• Like 16

@Cruising-alongthe product is called "Gas Fireplace Glass Cleaners" and I believe it's made by the Imperial company.  We purchased it at Canadian Tire, but very likely Lowe's or a hardware store would carry similar cleaners.  Failing that, check with your fireplace stores, they're sure to carry it, but at an elevated cost.

@marshhawkI'm afraid I'd be exactly like your friend re: claustrophobia.  Just the thought of having a mask like that on me gives me the heebie jeebies.  Credit to him for being able to get through it.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good rainy and cold evening. I hope everyone had a great day. It’s supposed to rain tomorrow and then be sunny on Thursday.🤞 

My brother is in the process of cleaning out the cellar to get ready  for installation of a new furnace . Needless to say we should have done this years ago. We’ve been taking the treasure to a thrift store in Lancaster county that is run by the Mennonite Church. I managed to find a brand new Alaska dressy sweatshirt that still had the store tag on from Skagway. 
      Good luck continued when we stopped for lunch at Cracker Barrel and upon going to pay the check, the waitress said it was taken care of by someone.❤️
     I promise to pay it forward .

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.❤️🙏

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 19

@Cruising-alongI just did a search for you and found fireplace glass cleaners both at Ace Hardware:  https://www.acehardware.com/departments/heating-and-cooling/chimney-and-flue/chimney-brushes-and-accessories/49968

and Lowe's:  https://www.lowes.com/pd/IMPERIAL-Stove-Glass-Cleaner/5013483449

Hope this helps!  And yes, I agree, taking the glass off and putting it back is truly a pain, but so is trying not to disturb the gasket on the glass.   Good luck!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

I'm taking a break, have been cleaning house and finishing the Christmas Village.  We also took advantage of HAL's gift cards and saved $1200.  It will be nice to have a clean house to come home to, but I'm worn out. Will try to post a photo of the village later -- it takes up the whole dining room.  What we do for grandchildren 😉  

Sharon @Sharon in AZsafe travels!  I look forward to meeting you and Craig on Saturday.  

Gerry @ger_77thank you!  I bookmarked the one at Lowes -- we have both Ace and Lowes here, and even get a military discount at Lowes lol.  

• Like 14

The saga ends…. finally

Well all wonderful things have to end sometime. After waiting three years for this trip - it was so worth it. I am so happy the planets and stars finally aligned for us. 

We got up, had coffee and breakfast out in the Oasis. Then we said farewell to our hostess & Bella. 

My friend’s brother drove us to the airport. Our flights were on time, though the one from Dallas to Orlando was bumpy and we had quite a jolt when we landed.  We had an hour between flights and though we made it in plenty of time, our luggage did not. The second hiccup of the trip.  American said it would be delivered tomorrow. My friend asked them to deliver hers to my place, too. And then she’d come to pick it up. Our transportation was waiting and I was home by 10 p.m.

I slept really well. Woke up early and had some coffee. My friend and I were going to meet at Panera for breakfast in the morning, then I was going to Aldi and finally to pick up Bindi. As I was backing out of my driveway, I noticed my front door looked odd. It was our luggage!  I quickly put mine inside and loaded my friend’s into the car. I was impressed. 

But as much as American impressed me with this service, I deplore them for not just the number of flight changes, but how disruptive some of them were. One change was four hours different from the previous one, and one was seven hours different. And that one would have resulted in us landing in Orlando after midnight. But Flight Ease helped fix that mess. In hindsight, we should have booked Delta flights in both directions. Though Delta made a few changes most of them were either flight numbers or changes of less than 30 minutes. Lesson learned. 

So there you have if folk. My great Northwest Adventure. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for the daily and the locations of the HAL fleet.  Thanks to Roy @rafinmd for the Care and Celebration lists.

@richwmn Rich, thanks for listing a New Zealand wine, best wishes for safe travelling and a fabulous cruise.

Wishing a good Yom Kippur to our Jewish CC members.

We have been to Brisbane to stay a few days, also  by cruise ship,........ when we were on board the Maasdam noticed that the New Zealand flag was flying, instead of the Australian, we did notify an officer of the error.   The Australian flag flew the remainder of the Circumnavigation cruise!

@JazzyV wishing you a very Happy Birthday.

@Vict0riann I made Banana bread this morning, will roast a leg of lamb for dinner tonight.

Some sunshine this morning when I went for my walk, have since had two snow showers, an Antarctic  polar blast gives us a temperature of 7 C today,  Some heavy snow inland.

Stay safe, take care everybody.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, maryandmarge said:

In Ohio the land between the sidewalk and street is called the “tree lawn”.  At least that’s what we’ve always called it.  
Maryell

I've heard tree lawn, devil's strip, and out lawn.

• Like 7

Good evening.  It's been a  very loooooong day.  Retail therapy today wasn't that therapeutic, but then, I'm normally not much of a shopper.  However, by keeping tract of prices at some stores, I was able to save on a few things by buying at a different store or on-line.  In one case, DH found the store had a sale on-line and I was able to get the same price in the store.  That made it less than half price.  I'm  glad I called him about it.

12 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a fright and sunny day at the beach

A very blessed Yom Kippur to all our Jewish friends.

I will celebrate golf day as it is one of my favorite past times.  Frappes are wonderful and as a former New Englander I fully understand what they are.

Brisbane is a scheduled port for us so thank you for the wonderful pictures. We are planning on going to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.

My eye doctor called last nite and I am getting my shot this afternoon. Different office because they still have flooding. Even though my eye is doing well, I was nervous about going so long without the shot. 

So my nail appointment is switched to tomorrow morning. Then we leave tomorrow nite!   

@JazzyV A very Happy Birthday to you!

@Cruzin Terri A very Happy Anniversary to the both of you. 

Stay and enjoy today

Charlene

Charlene, that is good news you were able to get the shot for your eye.  Safe travels tomorrow.  I know you will have a wonderful cruise.

8 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites,  Happy Birthday, @JazzyV  and Happy Anniversary @Cruzin Terri.  Also, wishing a good Yom Kippur to our Jewish Dailyites!

All is quiet here, we enjoy the Nobilo wine often, Pat laughs when I say I prefer an odd year to an even year (in any wine, I'm not sure why, I just do).  We have visited Brisbane, but it was to see friends, and we didn't do much touring.

View of Brisbane from our friends' home

CIMG1829.thumb.JPG.06dc1bbe2499ace91fa6327aa2a8f072.JPG

Sad about Loretta Lynn, the "coalminers daughter".  

Pat is getting very frustrated, testing positive every day.  I am trying to get him to rest, sleep it off.  He would like to be out golfing, having a coffee at Timmie's etc.  I'm just as happy staying home.  We did go for a walk yesterday, with masks in our pockets in case we saw someone, but just checked the mail.  DD has started coming upstairs during the night to do her laundry.  I would imagine we are not infectious, but we want to be careful.  I've got some overripe bananas, so I want to make banana bread today.  I think we will have lamb tonight, just not kebabs.  The weather continues to be unusual for this time of year, we are still very dry and sunny, around 20 all week.  We really need rain.

Ann, I'm sorry Pat is still testing positive.  I hope that changes soon.

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

The saga ends…. finally

Well all wonderful things have to end sometime. After waiting three years for this trip - it was so worth it. I am so happy the planets and stars finally aligned for us. 

We got up, had coffee and breakfast out in the Oasis. Then we said farewell to our hostess & Bella. 

My friend’s brother drove us to the airport. Our flights were on time, though the one from Dallas to Orlando was bumpy and we had quite a jolt when we landed.  We had an hour between flights and though we made it in plenty of time, our luggage did not. The second hiccup of the trip.  American said it would be delivered tomorrow. My friend asked them to deliver hers to my place, too. And then she’d come to pick it up. Our transportation was waiting and I was home by 10 p.m.

I slept really well. Woke up early and had some coffee. My friend and I were going to meet at Panera for breakfast in the morning, then I was going to Aldi and finally to pick up Bindi. As I was backing out of my driveway, I noticed my front door looked odd. It was our luggage!  I quickly put mine inside and loaded my friend’s into the car. I was impressed. 

But as much as American impressed me with this service, I deplore them for not just the number of flight changes, but how disruptive some of them were. One change was four hours different from the previous one, and one was seven hours different. And that one would have resulted in us landing in Orlando after midnight. But Flight Ease helped fix that mess. In hindsight, we should have booked Delta flights in both directions. Though Delta made a few changes most of them were either flight numbers or changes of less than 30 minutes. Lesson learned. 

So there you have if folk. My great Northwest Adventure. 

Ann, I'm sorry your Alaska adventure ended.  I really enjoyed you saga.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1