The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday October 9th, 2022

richwmn

16 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Vanessa, the cheapest place to purchase it is on Amazon.  They have various price ranges but I just went with the cheapest, $14.99.  Six wipes in a package individually wrapped.  You need to use it in a well ventilated place.  I only used two today so can use it elsewhere if needed.  I have another bistro set on the deck, plus I guess I could do the grill.  It's 11 years old.

See if this link works.  It's the green package.  In 2018 I purchased it and instead of 6 wipes they had a 2 oz. bottle of it and one wipe.  But the liquid will eventually dry up, so I'm not sure which way is better.  Maybe the six wipes.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rustoleum+recolor+wipes&crid=33JRA7ZG7IQ2D&sprefix=rustoleum+recolor+wipes%2Caps%2C101&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Thanks for the link.

• Like 6

I'm happy to announce my niece Lisa is now a Grandma!  Her DS and DDIL lost their twin sons last year on June 4 due to premature birth.  The baby was born yesterday and her name is Elliott Rose, and from what Grandma said absolutely beautiful.  She will be called Ellie and her middle name is in honor of her two brothers who died in the month of June.  The flower for June is Rose so voila!  A beautiful middle name.🌹

Prayers answered!🙏

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'm happy to announce my niece Lisa is now a Grandma!  Her DS and DDIL lost their twin sons last year on June 4 due to premature birth.  The baby was born yesterday and her name is Elliott Rose, and from what Grandma said absolutely beautiful.  She will be called Ellie and her middle name is in honor of her two brothers who died in the month of June.  The flower for June is Rose so voila!  A beautiful middle name.🌹

Prayers answered!🙏

How wonderful, Sandi! Thank you for letting us know!

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Prayers answered!🙏

Oh my gosh, that's wonderful news; congratulations to the entire family!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Prayers answered!🙏

Wonderful news! What a sweet picture.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon Dailyites!  Happy Sunday @grapau27Thank you so much for sending Father David to us.  DH even enjoyed the talk.

I got up early enough to watch the F1 race (F1 Channel, I can watch over and over) and we hooked up with our friend Debbie, for breakfast at the Old Hickory House in Tucker, then we went grocery shopping, she had to go to a City of Atlanta planning committee meeting.  She is involved with politics, we are so different in so many ways, yet we are buddies.  After her hubby died in 2020, she has stayed involved, which I think helped her get through his death.  But she, like me, doesn't have a lot of "girl friends" to hang out with.  I work, and she does politics, and we hang out together when we can.  We met years ago at a book club, both left the book club and she, her DH and an ex employee and her DH and Chuck and I formed our own book club.  Over the years, we lost three members, so we don't meet as often, but Deb and I love to eat, so we get together and go to restaurants. There's just 5 of us now.  Next Book is the first Harry Potter book.

Ok, I love pumpkin pie with whipped cream.  I'm in with the pie share there.

@XBGuy I could eat PIE for infinity.  Really.😸

@bennybear I love that moon picture, when I first saw the sandhill cranes down in Florida, I asked my dad, why there were emu's by the side of the road.  Now each spring and fall I await hearing their calls.  The last time I saw them was Christmas eve two years ago, flying against the moon.

Thank you everyone for the great pictures today of St. Kitts and Nevis.  I have these islands on my wish list,  but as @kazu pointed out, I'm between saving and you only live once.  And right now, after my clothing purchases, my hotel reservations in Vancouver and my excursions in Vancouver, and paying for the round trip flight and the excursions on the May Alaska cruise, I'm living once, broke.  I need to start a go fund me, to just GO.

To my Canadian friends, happy Thanksgiving!

Just, a stupid post note...On the farm that my dad grew up on in VT, there were actually druid stone circles (small) not like Stonehenge, but if you sat in one, the sun came through the slit on the equinox, and he believed, as do I that someone before Lief discovered America.  However since very little grows on rocks, they probably moved back home.

@StLouisCruisersI just saw Elliot Rose!  She's beautiful!

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good afternoon Dailyites!  Happy Sunday @grapau27Thank you so much for sending Father David to us.  DH even enjoyed the talk.

I got up early enough to watch the F1 race (F1 Channel, I can watch over and over) and we hooked up with our friend Debbie, for breakfast at the Old Hickory House in Tucker, then we went grocery shopping, she had to go to a City of Atlanta planning committee meeting.  She is involved with politics, we are so different in so many ways, yet we are buddies.  After her hubby died in 2020, she has stayed involved, which I think helped her get through his death.  But she, like me, doesn't have a lot of "girl friends" to hang out with.  I work, and she does politics, and we hang out together when we can.  We met years ago at a book club, both left the book club and she, her DH and an ex employee and her DH and Chuck and I formed our own book club.  Over the years, we lost three members, so we don't meet as often, but Deb and I love to eat, so we get together and go to restaurants. There's just 5 of us now.  Next Book is the first Harry Potter book.

@bennybear I love that moon picture, when I first saw the sandhill cranes down in Florida, I asked my dad, why there were emu's by the side of the road.  Now each spring and fall I await hearing their calls.  The last time I saw them was Christmas eve two years ago, flying against the moon.

Thank you everyone for the great pictures today of St. Kitts and Nevis.  I have these islands on my wish list,  but as @kazu pointed out, I'm between saving and you only live once.  And right now, after my clothing purchases, my hotel reservations in Vancouver and my excursions in Vancouver, and paying for the round trip flight and the excursions on the May Alaska cruise, I'm living once, broke.  I need to start a go fund me, to just GO.

Just, a stupid post note...On the farm that my dad grew up on in VT, there were actually druid stone circles (small) not like Stonehenge, but if you sat in one, the sun came through the slit on the equinox, and he believed, as do I that someone before Lief discovered America.  However since very little grows on rocks, they probably moved back home.

I'm always happy to post Father David's sermon for my dailyite friends.

I am happy to hear your husband enjoyed the sermon too.

Graham.

• Like 9

Good afternoon.  It's been a long, busy day, and there is still laundry left.  I did get the other things that I planned to do finished, so a successful if tiring day.  The rest of the laundry will be easy.

3 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  I think I’d like today’s meal suggestion but with marinara sauce.  It’s a beautiful day here in New England and after the morning errands Christmas shopping is completed.  Yesterday I was able to stock up on cat food.  The kids are set for about six months but I’ll still keep an eye out for bargains.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

Thanks for the idea of using marinara sauce on the Turkish dumplings.  I guess it would be fusion food of a sort.

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Vanessa, the cheapest place to purchase it is on Amazon.  They have various price ranges but I just went with the cheapest, $14.99.  Six wipes in a package individually wrapped.  You need to use it in a well ventilated place.  I only used two today so can use it elsewhere if needed.  I have another bistro set on the deck, plus I guess I could do the grill.  It's 11 years old.

See if this link works.  It's the green package.  In 2018 I purchased it and instead of 6 wipes they had a 2 oz. bottle of it and one wipe.  But the liquid will eventually dry up, so I'm not sure which way is better.  Maybe the six wipes.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rustoleum+recolor+wipes&crid=33JRA7ZG7IQ2D&sprefix=rustoleum+recolor+wipes%2Caps%2C101&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

@JazzyV  This year I bought the same Recolor kit as @StLouisCruisers Sandi used, but I haven't gotten around to treating our shutters after the hot summer.  In the past I have gotten the kit with one premoistened wipe and the bottle of liquid.  If you leave the liquid a long time in the bottle, it does turn into a hard rock, but this year was the first time I found that to have happened.  Maybe, it was because I have neglected the shutters the past two years.  Give it a try in either version and you will see good results.  BTW, Sandi, the mailbox and post look great.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending our best wishes for a very successful surgery for your husband on Tuesday Lenda.

Thank you for your good wishes, Graham.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

And that sentiment goes for me, too!  Prayers for him and the surgeon.🙏

Sandi, thank you too for  your good wishes for DH's surgery on Tuesday.  From what our neighbor told us, the pre-op and post-op in recovery will take much longer than the actual procedure.

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

This was my second shingles shot. 3 months after the first. I took it easy today and feel so much better. 

I'm glad you are feeling better, and now your have both doses behind your.  I was told the second one had a stronger reaction than the first.  

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Prayers answered!🙏

Sandi, that is the best news I've heard today.  Elliott Rose is a perfect name, and she is a beautiful rose.  I like the name Elliott, since that was my grandmother's name.  Her parents wanted a girl named Elliott, and my DGM's three sisters had the first name Elliott, but all went by their middle names.  My DGM was the youngest girl, so she was named Elliott with no middle name.  That still didn't work because her brother who was just learning to talk could not pronounce Elliott.  Instead, it came out Lettie, which stuck, and then became my mother's first name.  My mother went by her middle name or nickname.  Finally, my DGM's niece was called Elliott.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Prayers answered!🙏

I'm really pleased  to hear your news Sandi.

Congratulations to all of your family on the birth of baby Elliot Rose.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

The sound the Sandhill cranes make us unforgettable ❤️

we have indigenous stone circles nearby that are older than Stonehenge. They are in perfect alignment with the compass

0444F616-3038-44FF-A579-64076A366F8C.jpeg

D0EA8968-8808-40AD-828A-AB0CD6415CE1.jpeg

0D864E44-5CAD-42D3-BA37-11548D7B43BC.jpeg

4CF6B66C-5130-443C-B757-6DB6B13CF5D0.jpeg

• Like 18

Thanks Ann @cat shepardand Gerry @ger_77

I have a picture!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVjUaF-WaPwwU4fn4xrbtqVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1665346822

Just precious!

Sandi, SO ADORABLE!! Beautiful picture. Congratulations!

My niece is due next month. I call the baby Skeeter since they don't want to know if it's a boy or girl. My sister and I are wringing our hands!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Before I forget, @0106 Thank you for the recipes today.  I have no patience at all that things that are involved, folded, or sized when cooking, but I could eat a heck out those little fellers!

I do think that DH does look over my shoulder at times, cause he asked for spaghetti casserole this week.  Every time I have told him I was considering making it, he said, " no I wont like it."  But low and behold, it was on the menu for the Dailys this week, and now he wants to try it????  So that is dinner tomorrow night.  Prep work in the early hours tomorrow, assembly at lunch time, and I can throw it in the oven to bake when I start the third shift tomorrow. 

For all of you who realize that I work way too many hours a week to be part time and retired, you will be glad to know I am taking Friday off.  The whole day.  I will go to a piano recital, I will have lunch and dinner out, and  I will not work.  (I feel so guilty, and yet I still end up with 35 hours  of work) 

tumblr_n4j68df8W81s2wio8o1_500.gif

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon All,

We have a lovely fall afternoon here. DH got home and we’re going to take the bikes out in a bit.

I’m thinking this might be good to try on the black plastic trim on DH’s Subi. Several years ago I used possibly a similar product made by armor all on my Vibe before I sold it. She looked fantastic, (sort of like a Subi*), and I got more than I expected for her. 

Our Golden made a few “puddles” this morning, but perked up when DH got home. He’s getting rice and chicken, and maybe a bit of pumpkin for dinner. And will see the vet tomorrow if it continues.

Have a great day everyone!

*(That Vibe looked like a classic Subi: red with black trim. Really sharp. DH got me a license plate frame that said “When I grow up I want to be a Subaru.) I traded her for a real Subi.

• Like 13

Prayers answered!🙏

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks Ann @cat shepardand Gerry @ger_77

I have a picture!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVjUaF-WaPwwU4fn4xrbtqVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1665346822

Just precious!

Congratulations to the family!!  What a cutie pie!  And I love her name and the meaning. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning from QC!  I haven’t been outside yet but it’s overcast and chance of rain. Last evening’s get together was lovely. 

48E81C5C-CC82-47B3-B8D3-F2855F7878FB.thumb.jpeg.205345b073fc3621c8089259ddd6895d.jpeg
From left— Edi @NextOne, Rich @richwmn, me, Debbie @dfish, Carolyn @Cruising-along, Julia & Reggie @Teapot Cruiser, Craig, Henry—Carolyn’s DH. 

Sail away is at 5:00 this afternoon, IIRC. I think I’ll watch from my cozy cabin. 

Sharon thank you so much for sharing this photo and identifying several dailyites that I have yet to meet.  I hope your psoriatic arthritis is improving and you start feeling better soon.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Wonderful news! What a sweet picture.

Thanks Vanessa!

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Annie, thanks for your good wishes towards Elliott Rose.  She has no idea she has a lot of admirers already.

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

That is great news. Congratulations to all

Thanks Terry!   Happy to share a baby picture with everyone.  We all love our Daily baby Camilla's photos, don't we?

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  It's been a long, busy day, and there is still laundry left.  I did get the other things that I planned to do finished, so a successful if tiring day.  The rest of the laundry will be easy.

Thanks for the idea of using marinara sauce on the Turkish dumplings.  I guess it would be fusion food of a sort.

@JazzyV  This year I bought the same Recolor kit as @StLouisCruisers Sandi used, but I haven't gotten around to treating our shutters after the hot summer.  In the past I have gotten the kit with one premoistened wipe and the bottle of liquid.  If you leave the liquid a long time in the bottle, it does turn into a hard rock, but this year was the first time I found that to have happened.  Maybe, it was because I have neglected the shutters the past two years.  Give it a try in either version and you will see good results.  BTW, Sandi, the mailbox and post look great.

Thank you for your good wishes, Graham.

Sandi, thank you too for  your good wishes for DH's surgery on Tuesday.  From what our neighbor told us, the pre-op and post-op in recovery will take much longer than the actual procedure.

I'm glad you are feeling better, and now your have both doses behind your.  I was told the second one had a stronger reaction than the first.  

Sandi, that is the best news I've heard today.  Elliott Rose is a perfect name, and she is a beautiful rose.  I like the name Elliott, since that was my grandmother's name.  Her parents wanted a girl named Elliott, and my DGM's three sisters had the first name Elliott, but all went by their middle names.  My DGM was the youngest girl, so she was named Elliott with no middle name.  That still didn't work because her brother who was just learning to talk could not pronounce Elliott.  Instead, it came out Lettie, which stuck, and then became my mother's first name.  My mother went by her middle name or nickname.  Finally, my DGM's niece was called Elliott.

Lenda

Thanks for the backstory on the name Elliott in your family.  Very interesting!   That's a lot of Elliotts!  Also maybe you can get those shutters treated this fall since you're staying in Texas longer than usual.  Cooler, dry weather will be perfect.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm really pleased  to hear your news Sandi.

Congratulations to all of your family on the birth of baby Elliot Rose.

Graham.

Thanks a lot, Graham!

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

She is beautiful.

She really is, isn't she?  Grandma Lisa says she's a very good baby.  Not biased or anything you know?

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@StLouisCruisersOh my gosh, she's beautiful ! !   I wish we had an "AWWWWW" emoji; this is as close as I can get:

Cute Emoji GIFs | Tenor

Love your emoji!  Is that the name of moving memes?  Anyway, thank you for your kind words.

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Sandi, SO ADORABLE!! Beautiful picture. Congratulations!

My niece is due next month. I call the baby Skeeter since they don't want to know if it's a boy or girl. My sister and I are wringing our hands!!

Thanks Joy!  Good luck to your niece!  It's hard to be patient isn't it?

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Before I forget, @0106 Thank you for the recipes today.  I have no patience at all that things that are involved, folded, or sized when cooking, but I could eat a heck out those little fellers!

I do think that DH does look over my shoulder at times, cause he asked for spaghetti casserole this week.  Every time I have told him I was considering making it, he said, " no I wont like it."  But low and behold, it was on the menu for the Dailys this week, and now he wants to try it????  So that is dinner tomorrow night.  Prep work in the early hours tomorrow, assembly at lunch time, and I can throw it in the oven to bake when I start the third shift tomorrow. 

For all of you who realize that I work way too many hours a week to be part time and retired, you will be glad to know I am taking Friday off.  The whole day.  I will go to a piano recital, I will have lunch and dinner out, and  I will not work.  (I feel so guilty, and yet I still end up with 35 hours  of work) 

tumblr_n4j68df8W81s2wio8o1_500.gif

Sorry to hear your part time work entails so many hours!  Lordy!  By the way that is an adorable meme.  If that's not the name of a moving meme please someone let me know what they are called.  I'm not too old to learn something new!

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good Afternoon All,

We have a lovely fall afternoon here. DH got home and we’re going to take the bikes out in a bit.

I’m thinking this might be good to try on the black plastic trim on DH’s Subi. Several years ago I used possibly a similar product made by armor all on my Vibe before I sold it. She looked fantastic, (sort of like a Subi*), and I got more than I expected for her. 

Our Golden made a few “puddles” this morning, but perked up when DH got home. He’s getting rice and chicken, and maybe a bit of pumpkin for dinner. And will see the vet tomorrow if it continues.

*(That Vibe looked like a classic Subi: red with black trim. Really sharp. DH got me a license plate frame that said “When I grow up I want to be a Subaru.) I traded her for a real Subi.

If you use it on your Subi let us know how it works.  I saw a review where someone had a plastic kayak that was all faded and used it to make it look like new.  

43 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Congratulations to the family!!  What a cutie pie!  And I love her name and the meaning. 

Thanks Sharon!  I know everyone here loves a baby picture (right Camilla??)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Sharon thank you so much for sharing this photo and identifying several dailyites that I have yet to meet.  I hope your psoriatic arthritis is improving and you start feeling better soon.

Jane

Jane!  I wish you were here. My condition has been maintained with a steroid injection and topical creams and but am also waiting for approval for an expensive medication that I can take orally to help with the arthritis condition. Sometimes I feel like I’m on fire and am very achy and tired at times. It’s going to take a while I believe. Thank you so much for asking. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 10