🛳 Live from Allure 10-15 to 10-23 with Starlink

Ozark_Kid

I agree about Pusser’s rum being the rum for Painkillers. A long time ago,maybe 30?, I think there was a recipe attached to the Pusser’s bottle. We served many of them during the Summers, calling the drinks Pusser’s Painkillers. 

Now that DH has given up alcohol for health reasons ,our Summer go-to drink is an Arnold Palmer.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 2

AMBER THEATER 

This is another tip.  The Amber Theater can get cold.  There are vents under the seats.  Last night the cold air blew up the left side of the chair and it was very cold.  

Tonight I can still feel cold but not as bad as last night. So some chairs can be colder than others. With that said you might want to bring a jacket.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

AMBER THEATER 

This is another tip.  The Amber Theater can get cold.  There are vents under the seats.  Last night the cold air blew up the left side of the chair and it was very cold.  

Tonight I can still feel cold but not as bad as last night. So some chairs can be colder than others. With that said you might want to bring a jacket.

Are you going to go to Mamma Mia?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I forget what they call it but it is a regular OVB behind Vintages.

Okay, thanks.  We have the large oceanview balcony on the hump…deck 8.  I think the only difference is the large oceanview balcony is a little deeper.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Has the internet improved at all today?

It has it's moments, especially when trying to get on CC but it's been OK.

I talked with IT again today.   She didn't make me believe that Starlink will happen soon.

• Like 2

150 Central Park

This was a first experience for us at 150.  We were greeted at the door with this.

20221016_165705.thumb.jpg.eca6065d1f48c640b9097cc76d0f3500.jpg

150_165730.thumb.jpg.43692125e339db7c28f9f58a5ea9b567.jpg

Started of with a nice roll. Good.

image.png.a33ada1bafae1c542f44078e32089673.png

My appetizer was the Braised Short Rib.  It was disappointing. Not much taste to it and a lot of fat. Another tried the Pork Belly and really liked it. 

image.thumb.png.12253231ba4070d15fbf4ee0f40181e3.png

For my main I decided to eat fish just for the Halibut.   It was real good.  I tried Sharon's tenderloin and is was good too.

image.thumb.png.643bd629dcd41615a1876fbc941c9c8f.png

None of the deserts sound good to me so I got the cheese plate.  I am not a fan of cheese cake but I recommend to the rest because they are.

image.png.f59dd868fbb7be16d2c02d842ce02a42.png

They all loved the cheese cake.

image.png.ee3c41bd71b8a3772f3f22f2ee4e92e8.png

We will be returning.   I am not sure if I will try the Lobster Thermidor our the Veal.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I am finally all caught up.  I've been enjoying your pictures, John (as always!)  Enjoy your cruise!!!!!  We loved the Allure...great ship!!😉

Maryann, is Jim doing better?  I haven't had time to catch up on Dani's thread.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Found some at the pool!

OK, have you tried Kraken.   I am curious, out of the 3 rums in the pic, which one would most prefer.  Maybe even what order.   Maybe we will see.

20221016_134025.thumb.jpg.d1b6e5ef7715d9a83376634ce512191b.jpg

Thank you and thanks for the great pics. We were onboard her 2 weeks ago.

Have a great rest of your cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I talked with IT again today.   She didn't make me believe that Starlink will happen soon.

Greg was posting some pretty good Starlink numbers from his cruise.  They must have it up and running on his ship.

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Greg was posting some pretty good Starlink numbers from his cruise.  They must have it up and running on his ship.

I noticed those.  IT here said that that when they turned it on here the number on board overwhelmed the system.   Oh well, maybe when we get back on in January we can enjoy it along with @brillohead

• Like 3

21 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

For me, the Pussers's is for a Painkiller, and the Captain is for Captain and Coke.  Kraken for everything else.  Makes a good floater in a lot of frozen drinks.

totally agree and Gossling’s technically for a Dark-Stormy but I prefer it Kraken.

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That’s too bad. Starlink is up and working good on Liberty. Had this in the morning.

2F193814-967B-459C-A0AF-F2BA7B163B7A.thumb.jpeg.f8a3f4b0af57b8a624cdc36899ee2c71.jpeg

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

150 Central Park

This was a first experience for us at 150.  We were greeted at the door with this.

20221016_165705.thumb.jpg.eca6065d1f48c640b9097cc76d0f3500.jpg

We will be returning.   I am not sure if I will try the Lobster Thermidor our the Veal.

Isnt get to be greeted by Louie the XIII? Did you get a glass.

get the Lobster Thermidor and the veal together. They were both very good.

cheers! Glad you are having a great cruise.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Tonight was one of the best tribute bands I've heard called oh What A Night.  Tribute to Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. 

We saw them on Ovation a couple of weeks ago.  Their music was fantastic.  They all had great voices.  I thought their between songs jokes were a little corny (my mother was a big girl and she cried at the end of Free Willy), but the singing more than made up for it.  Since they couldn't fly headliners on and off the ship for our TP cruise, they were always hanging out on the ship somewhere.  The lead guy in the group was usually easy to spot.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MJSailors said:

A long time ago,maybe 30?, I think there was a recipe attached to the Pusser’s bottle. We served many of them during the Summers, calling the drinks Pusser’s Painkillers. 

We went to a restaurant on St. John called Pussers more than 30 years ago.  It's no longer in business but I'm pretty sure they were somehow related to the alcohol brand.  We kept a drink coaster from the restaurant and have followed this recipe religiously.  Guessing it's the same as the recipe that was attached to the bottle.

IMG_9919.thumb.jpg.21e01b42950c0cbf13199fe73648b035.jpg

IMG_9920.thumb.jpg.9b1f265a7146299d16550871027d9269.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Found some at the pool!

OK, have you tried Kraken.   I am curious, out of the 3 rums in the pic, which one would most prefer.  Maybe even what order.   Maybe we will see.

20221016_134025.thumb.jpg.d1b6e5ef7715d9a83376634ce512191b.jpg

1. Pusser’s Rum Guyanese rums have a distinctive flavor from the molasses they use.

2. Kraken I don’t care much for the high ether alcohol they use for the base.

3. Captain Morgan’s just don’t care for the taste.

I know they don’t have it on the ship, but Siesta Key Spiced Rum is the best I’ve ever had and I have tried a lot. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3