The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday October 24th, 2022

richwmn

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

The expiration dates of many test kits were extended. There is a website where they can be looked up, but I don't have the URL handy.

I'm not aware of any of the expiration dates being extended for the free tests supplied by the U.S. government three times last year.  They were not Binax.  Some of the eMed tests had the expiration dates extended.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks to both of you.  What a headache.  Last time it was so much easier to make an appointment at the drive-thru at Walgreens.  That time my result came back and DH's didn't though.  We called and she told us she got busy at the cash register!   The same person who checks you out at the front of the store is the one who sends out test results, from what she said.

I have at least 8 of the Binax home tests with dates of 12/31/22 and 4/24/23.  I plan on taking them with us on our 28 day cruise.  I just have to plan out how to be tested here at home before we leave town.  I appreciate everyone's help and opinions on the matter.

Here is the link for the FDA site that provides shelf life for tests.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests

And for what it is worth, the Binax protored test was easy to do. We did ours in a hotel room in Seward, Alaska. The hardest part was positioning my iPad, so the proctor could see the test at all times. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Greetings from the lovely Nieuw Statendam!  We continue to love this cruise although we really miss all the wonderful Dailyites who departed a couple days ago. We also miss the neighbors we had for the first 2 weeks because now we have door slammers, bad language and heavy drinkers. 🙄

Sadly we had another medical emergency today, but it was just before all aboard instead of after we left as happened in Ft. Lauderdale. 

Today we met Captain O’Driscoll’s wife and 3-year-old little boy who joined him this week from Ireland. Such a lovely lady and adorable little boy. 

E10BCE09-D306-456B-BE43-3EAB536D48E0.thumb.jpeg.4ad4a43d0c66fa59d5746d7ca9b7c99c.jpeg

0734C512-B87C-4370-97DB-EE4B4A173030.thumb.jpeg.75f8712d2884e97605b1613735a9f801.jpeg

• Like 20

27 minutes ago, 12cruise2 said:

I'm not aware of any of the expiration dates being extended for the free tests supplied by the U.S. government three times last year.  They were not Binax.  Some of the eMed tests had the expiration dates extended.

Most of the IHealth did as well.  The ones I have were extended from 2/19/22 to 2/19/23.

Roy

• Like 7

There really isn't much to report.  The EMTs got DH in the car and we were headed to the hospital by 10:30 am.  I'm not sure how it happened, but they torqued DH's fancy rollator so much one back leg is bent about 45 degrees, and a metal connecting bar is broken.  The bar can be replaced, but I'm not sure if the leg can be repaired or if it will be too weak to support any weight.  But that's for another day.

We were a little early, but by the time they got DH out of the car, we were late.  They sent a maintenance person to help him, and he had to get a nurse to do the heavy lifting.  After we were back in pre-op, they had all sorts of things to do, and it was 2:15 or later when they took him to the OR.  According to Dr. Z, the recovery will be long and he will be in a care facility.  This was all said before they took him back.

I'm in his room now, waiting for the doctor to come by when the surgery is over.

The only good things today were DD and DSIL helping this morning before they headed back to Austin, and it didn't rain hard on the way here.

Another good piece of good news, I just got a call from our PCP's office with the results of my routine blood test almost a month ago.  All the numbers were back in the normal range.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 11

Between calls, and campaigns I managed to get a hold of Barbara, my Shari contact, when I cant get Shari.  The third hospital released Shari, but she fell five more times in less than 12 hours, and now she is back in Grady in Atlanta.  Mean while, between Barbara caring for Shari, she herself is looking for a job, after another company lay off.   She was with Woodruff for more than 20 years, trying to find anything now, is hard!

Talked with Penny and Jesse today, he has had one round of chemo (weekly), and three rounds of the Proton radiation treatment (this is daily, Monday-Friday)  They have a 7 pm slot.  When DH did it, I was not allowed in, it was at 8 in the morning in the months of January and February.   It was cold in that garage in the dark.

It was a beautiful day here today, but now, back to work.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

There is a small Hindu ashram about two blocks away. I've visited recently, but I don't know what they do for Diwali. They are oriented toward Vishnu, not Lakshmi, but Wikipedia says that some strains of Hinduism associate Diwali with Vishnu, too.

Dinner tonight will be sautéed cod with leftover sweet potato and radicchio, plus maybe watermelon since I seem to have a seedless mini one.

1557452964_foreignlanguage.thumb.gif.f2686f4df28cce0f123a91c019625af7.gif

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

Saw the doctor moremthan an hour ago.  The surgery went well, but he will need intensive inpatient rehab of 1 to 6 months.  Waiting for him to get back from recovery.  Once he's settled, I'll head to the hotel.  Just can't take sleeping in the recliner.

The rain finally got here. 

Right now, all I can do is thank everyone for their good wishes and support.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 16

44 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Saw the doctor moremthan an hour ago.  The surgery went well, but he will need intensive inpatient rehab of 1 to 6 months.  Waiting for him to get back from recovery.  Once he's settled, I'll head to the hotel.  Just can't take sleeping in the recliner.

Lenda

Continuing prayers for you and Steve tonight.  I hope you get a good night's sleep at the hotel.  I know the hospital staff will take good care of DH tonight.  Take care!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Thanks for the update. Get some rest. It sounds like it will be a somewhat long road back, and I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Lenda,

I am so glad the surgery went well.  I had to go back to Oct. 18 and read all your posts because i have had so many things happen to us that I missed reading all the posts.  I am sorry that your DH has had such a hard time of it. However, I am happy that your DD and DSIL has been there to help. 

Be assured of my prayers during these hard times.  

I think that inpatient rehab will really help.  It is more intensive and will make a big difference.

Stay strong and God Bless.

Terri

• Like 8

Could not access CC yesterday so not sure if it was our signal or the site was down, We visited the Papal Palace and bridge of Avignon. Tonight, Scenic Cruise Line is taking us to the Papal Palace for a dinner in the grand dining room and entertainment by a musical ensemble. Should be a memorable experience. Many centuries ago this was the home of several popes. It’s huge! Today we are off to checking out an olive oil farm and cooking demonstrations along with tastings. Food on board as been superb. We have overnighted in Avignon and will depart after our special evening at the Palace.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisersI copied what is below from someone on another roll call. There is a YouTube video with more information.  How Virtual COVID Testing Works With OnPoint.Health 

For us, we did the online proctor testing with OnPoint at $15/pp using the test kits from government/private insurance. The process was simple as you pay online and then set up an Zoom meeting online where someone watches you do a self test you got from government or private insurance. The results were delivered via PDF within the hour to print out to bring to the pier. So for anyone still looking on doing their pre cruise Covid testing, take a look at Onpoint Testing.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

I'm pleased to hear your husband's surgery went well.

Please take care of yourself too.

Our good wishes to you both.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

i just received an email from a friend of mine.  We have been friends since childhood.  Her mother passed away tonight at the age of 102.  I always remember the kindness of her parents toward me during my childhood.

May she Rest In Peace.

Terrri

Sorry to hear your sad news.

Condolences to your friend for the loss of her lovely mam.

Graham.

• Like 3