Land & Sea - Live from Barcelona & the Oosterdam Transatlantic - November 5th, 2022

kazu

So today on the menu was a tour to Montserrat.  It’s a beautiful spot and I have been but I was happy to return again.

You can go by private tour, cab or take the cable car up.

9BB6C780-1D51-465B-A36F-D87E1ECDB622.thumb.jpeg.b1286b221d55ed238347d88be9d63adb.jpeg

the views are astounding

28016498-A419-46D1-B9BE-77EEBC4A66AA.thumb.jpeg.5d9f233d217ce82aa0ad8c9711c3d276.jpeg

A8F982BC-F00D-4D0F-8A28-69CFCE26917D.thumb.jpeg.fcd832111b349120e44b6adab7cb513e.jpeg

82899B23-C3E9-4D75-9144-C76836A713CD.thumb.jpeg.fc2c87c652c02ffc22b585cecd3c183f.jpeg

F6FECD70-5487-4C4B-922D-D1567A6D0E42.thumb.jpeg.6caaf7e898a9d5e01a29ac92252718d0.jpeg

Here are my two sisters and BIL’s along with Gerry and her DH (ger_77) - pretty sure it’s ok to post her pic 🤞 

D2387E9A-2669-440D-BE57-5B06E082EE37.thumb.jpeg.424daf612b2ea24ada2d3c3bedb5e855.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

I remember Montserrat. Loved it. We went there on a tour bus and we were told to be back at a certain time or the bus would leave without us. Someone was not back at the appointed time, and we left without him. First and last time that has ever happened when taking a tour. The guide meant what he said.

• Like 6

Just now, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Don't know why the double post. Sorry.

No worries at all.  When I posted on my roll call and told them I didn’t know what would happen as I was awaiting X-ray results, one of them posted you’re going on that dam ship even if we have to push you in a wheel chair. LOL.  - I later responded - I am in one - you might be doing some pushing 😂 Not if I can help it 😉 I’m taking a look at these crutches.  They are not like the ones I have in my basement “in case”.

• Like 11

I love the Montserrat photos!  Such a beautiful spot on a beautiful day.  I would love to go there if we go to Barcelona again.  I'm also glad you aren't heading home, because you will be much better off on the ship especially with family around you to help you out.  If you were alone it would be much harder.  Enjoy the get together this evening with the roll call.  🥂

• Like 9

I also look for my restaurants on Trip Advisor.  I wanted Catalan Food within walking distance for dinner last night.  I picked out two places Xera-# 5 of 8000+ restaurants in Barcelona.  I thought we would be ok without reservations if we arrived when they opened at 7, wrong, they were full.  The wonderful host walked us across the “street” to their sister restaurant, RAQ, the 2nd restaurant I had previously picked out!  

Loving the Cava and the delicious tomato rubbed bread served before each meal.  I don’t usually take pictures of our food but did remember before the plates were empty: octopus, scallops and pork cheek.EB26C4C9-C5F8-4D6F-A933-385BD59D2A8B.thumb.jpeg.53596842c57a16a703ab874086e96e8b.jpeg

F054CD29-819A-42E4-82B3-3114667F9C86.thumb.jpeg.51344968f0a4ff4be940c570ac7674d6.jpeg

E6D88B3F-12C1-4E51-AAFD-A3695F5A3D3B.thumb.jpeg.9540ba3a738cf2bc63c8ff0aa922fe02.jpeg

Tonight we have a reservation for Xera.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Had a great trip to Montserrat, even though it would have been better with @kazuin attendance.  

Great tour guide Fernando, our driver Sam, and of course Jacqui’s DSs. and BILs to keep us company.  

4of us decided to take the cable car 🚡 down, while the other 2 who aren’t fond of heights, got into the van with Sam for the trip down the mountain.

Looking forward to tapas and drinks with some of our roll call tonight!!

1 more sleep!!!!!!!!!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

@kazu   Can you tell if there is an adjustment just below that "cuff" on there?    If there is, lower them so that they sit lower on your arm and not affected by your elbow. Also, be sure that when you are standing and your arm is hanging by your side, that the hand grip is at the level of your wrist.  That's a very important position too.  At last resort, once you board the ship, see the Dr. and ask them to adjust them for you or maybe even give you regular crutches.  I'm wondering why you were given these in the first place?  They should be more comfortable than the regular crutches since those press against your sides and into your armpit though.  Sigh...I hope you get it figured out and am glad to hear that you are deciding to go on the cruise!

Linda R.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

4of us decided to take the cable car 🚡 down, while the other 2 who aren’t fond of heights, got into the van with Sam for the trip down the mountain.

I can “guess” who didn’t take the cable car 😉 B&B 😉 LOL.

31 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Looking forward to tapas and drinks with some of our roll call tonight!!

See you soon 👍 

12 minutes ago, cruzingnut said:

@kazu   Can you tell if there is an adjustment just below that "cuff" on there?    If there is, lower them so that they sit lower on your arm and not affected by your elbow. Also, be sure that when you are standing and your arm is hanging by your side, that the hand grip is at the level of your wrist.  That's a very important position too.  At last resort, once you board the ship, see the Dr. and ask them to adjust them for you or maybe even give you regular crutches. 

Thanks - yes there is an adjustment - I can’t get it to move though.  My BIL might be able to.

Thanks so much.  You have been a big help and I really appreciate it.  

I'm wondering why you were given these in the first place?

I thought the other ones weren’t available but they are here.  If they were the others I could use them.  Not well, admittedly  but I can use them.

They should be more comfortable than the regular crutches since those press against your sides and into your armpit though.  Sigh...I hope you get it figured out and am glad to hear that you are deciding to go on the cruise!

Thanks again Linda.  I really appreciate your advice and owe you for the ‘consult’. Many thanks.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Thanks - yes there is an adjustment - I can’t get it to move though.  My BIL might be able to.

Thanks so much.  You have been a big help and I really appreciate it.  

I thought the other ones weren’t available but they are here.  If they were the others I could use them.  Not well, admittedly  but I can use them.

Thanks again Linda.  I really appreciate your advice and owe you for the ‘consult’. Many thanks.

You owe me nothing!  ❤️ I'm just glad if I've been able to help even a little bit.  I'll be continuing to follow your trip so will still be keeping "tabs" on you in a way.

Linda R.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

So today on the menu was a tour to Montserrat.  It’s a beautiful spot and I have been but I was happy to return again.

You can go by private tour, cab or take the cable car up.

9BB6C780-1D51-465B-A36F-D87E1ECDB622.thumb.jpeg.b1286b221d55ed238347d88be9d63adb.jpeg

the views are astounding

28016498-A419-46D1-B9BE-77EEBC4A66AA.thumb.jpeg.5d9f233d217ce82aa0ad8c9711c3d276.jpeg

A8F982BC-F00D-4D0F-8A28-69CFCE26917D.thumb.jpeg.fcd832111b349120e44b6adab7cb513e.jpeg

82899B23-C3E9-4D75-9144-C76836A713CD.thumb.jpeg.fc2c87c652c02ffc22b585cecd3c183f.jpeg

F6FECD70-5487-4C4B-922D-D1567A6D0E42.thumb.jpeg.6caaf7e898a9d5e01a29ac92252718d0.jpeg

Here are my two sisters and BIL’s along with Gerry and her DH (ger_77) - pretty sure it’s ok to post her pic 🤞 

D2387E9A-2669-440D-BE57-5B06E082EE37.thumb.jpeg.424daf612b2ea24ada2d3c3bedb5e855.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures of Montserrat.  When we were there, it was raining and the visibility was poor.  The sun sure improves it.

Add me to the list of those who are glad you decided to go on the cruise instead of flying home.  Besides your DSs and DBILs, you'll  have all the wonderful CC members to help.  The biggest help will be the wonderful crew who are the best.

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 9

25 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Add me to the list of those who are glad you decided to go on the cruise instead of flying home.  Besides your DSs and DBILs, you'll  have all the wonderful CC members to help.  The biggest help will be the wonderful crew who are the best.

Well I will be short one BIL….. I said I had distressing news last night …..  and, it has come to fruition - he and my niece are flying home tomorrow morning.  My sister is staying on though.  Both she and I were very sad last night 😢 

No covid, no worries but there are issues and best they get home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

27 minutes ago, kazu said:

Well I will be short one BIL….. I said I had distressing news last night …..  and, it has come to fruition - he and my niece are flying home tomorrow morning.  My sister is staying on though.  Both she and I were very sad last night 😢 

I’m so sorry this has happened.  Glad your sister is staying.  Hope with everything that is going on you can still enjoy the cruise.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@kazu Thanks for the great pictures of Sagrada Família and Montserrat. My cancelled cruise in 2020 was to start in Barcelona and visiting Sagrada Familia was to be a highlight. I'm glad you're continuing on the cruise (better than being home in that 2 story house alone), but sad to hear your BIL and niece have to fly home.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I’m just so sorry you keep getting handed more lemons!   Praying you have a lovely relaxing cruise in that Neptune,  sounds like the best place to recuperate.  

I had a knee issue onboard and the ships doctor advised the stewards place a life preserver under the mattress at the foot of the bed.  The elevation really helped me,  not sure if that would be helpful to you , but they were so accommodating for me. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kazu said:

WOW. This cruise is not what you had hoped for. I know you will get tons of support from your family, your roll call and the wonderful crew. Hang in there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1