Has Celebrity changed the size of the burgers served fleet wide?

Tipsy252

On 11/9/2022 at 7:40 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Pretty sure Blu doesn't have a beef burger, only a beyond burger

Out of curiosity I tried the Beyond Burger and ordered a regular dinner.   All I can say was, I'm glad I ordered another meal.    While many may love them they were not to my taste and after one bit I pushed it to the side.    I was really wanting to like them.

OK... in the Burger War..... While the Luminae is a better cut of beef I don't think it is as juicy and tasty as the ones grilled at the pool.   Of course it's the fat content but the flavor and texture are more to my taste.

As for Commercial Burgers my favorite is 5 Guys -  and their fries are fantastic.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Out of curiosity I tried the Beyond Burger and ordered a regular dinner.   All I can say was, I'm glad I ordered another meal.    While many may love them they were not to my taste and after one bit I pushed it to the side.    I was really wanting to like them.

OK... in the Burger War..... While the Luminae is a better cut of beef I don't think it is as juicy and tasty as the ones grilled at the pool.   Of course it's the fat content but the flavor and texture are more to my taste.

As for Commercial Burgers my favorite is 5 Guys -  and their fries are fantastic.

The Beyond Burger  served in Blu is plant based and has a lot of salt. Not really healthy. I understand for a former RM that the burger served in Luminae is lamb and not beef based. I could be wrong since you have more Suite experience.

26 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

This is one of the beauties of a cruise, try something and if you don't like it just order something else instead! 

I tried a Beyond burger in Blu last month, fully expecting to not like it and probably just order something else but I was surprised at how tasty it was. I'm not a vegetarian by any means but do like trying new foods. In a normal restaurant you're always a bit reluctant to try something new incase it's bloody awful or even just not as enjoyable as other things on the menu you know you'd love. On a cruise, that doesn't matter - just order again! 

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Plant burgers are only so-so, their target market are the meat eaters looking to reduce their meat intake including the "meatless mondays" crowd; many vegans are repulsed by premise.

5 Guys burgers and fries are fantastic, for "fast casual" I prefer Shake Shack and Umami Burger which is closer to a sit down restaurant than it is to fast casual.  If you want a thicker patty, try a burger at mid-tier chain steakhouses, Ruth Chris, Flemings, Capt Grille, etc.  Some locations have them during happy hour along with cheaper drinks.  All produce burgers better than 99% of the burgers out there.

25 minutes ago, Orator said:

The Beyond Burger  served in Blu is plant based and has a lot of salt. Not really healthy. I understand for a former RM that the burger served in Luminae is lamb and not beef based. I could be wrong since you have more Suite experience.

Beyond Burgers are healthier in many categories such as saturated fat than real meat and many restaurants over-salt their burgers anyways.  Hoping they eventually can squeeze a few full servings of vegetables.

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

IMO, hamburgers and hot dogs should never be healthy! No matter where you are getting them from. 🍔🌭

Vienna beef hot dogs are healthy.  They’re made from beef.  So they’re healthy.  🙂

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2022 at 3:11 PM, rankdad said:

We just got off the Edge this morning. The Mast Grill burgers were the thicker ones. They also seemed quite dry and rather tasteless. I preferred the other, thinner and more greasy burger. 

The beef seems to have changed.  Leaner.  Maybe a new supplier.

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The irony is, in supermarkets or warehouse stores, the leaner the ground beef is, the more expensive it is

(Quiet.... it's like chicken wings, they used to be super cheap, almost throw away parts. Now they're more than legs, drumsticks and, many times, chicken breasts!)

Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

(Quiet.... it's like chicken wings, they used to be super cheap, almost throw away parts. Now they're more than legs, drumsticks and, many times, chicken breasts!)

Tom

Ain't it the truth!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Plant burgers are only so-so, their target market are the meat eaters looking to reduce their meat intake including the "meatless mondays" crowd; many vegans are repulsed by premise.

5 Guys burgers and fries are fantastic, for "fast casual" I prefer Shake Shack and Umami Burger which is closer to a sit down restaurant than it is to fast casual.  If you want a thicker patty, try a burger at mid-tier chain steakhouses, Ruth Chris, Flemings, Capt Grille, etc.  Some locations have them during happy hour along with cheaper drinks.  All produce burgers better than 99% of the burgers out there.

Well... ALL burgers are plant burgers if you consider the supply chain 😏

We have a local bar that's been in the burger business for over 40 years with the same owner, and it's the baseline by which all other burgers are judged. Have only been going there regularly for 35+ years though. ( New owners took over 2 days ago, so hopefully my reference point doesn't change).  That said, the mast grille on the Reflection was serving some delicious burgers early this year. I didn't think to ask or check the size though. 

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Clearly people don't consider the "effort-to-food" ratio when ordering.  

You'll give me an effortless battered and deep fried chicken patty, on a bun, with fixins, for less than a paltry quantity of pick-it-yourself wings?  Naw....I'll pass... the wings are like 50 cents each, right? 

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Our son took us to The Habit Burger Grill on one of our visits to Sacramento years ago.  Since that time we have had one open up in our area and it quickly replaced Five Guys as our favorite burger.   I like my fries crunch with a little salt.  Five Guys give me a bag of fresh cut potato fries but they are very seldom crunchy, just cooked well but quickly go soft.  

Give the Habit Burger Grill a try, if you have not already, I am  sure you will like it. 

19 hours ago, davekathy said:

IMO, hamburgers and hot dogs should never be healthy! No matter where you are getting them from. 🍔🌭

My idea of a healthy burger is one made with buffalo meat.  Fudrucker's immediately comes to mind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

My idea of a healthy burger is one made with buffalo meat.  Fudrucker's immediately comes to mind.

I like buffalo burgers but IMO not worth the price at the restaurants we've had them at. But I don't eat 'burgers for their health value. Our local Fuddruckers closed down years ago. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, volk904 said:

Just sailed on the Connie.  Burgers at the Mast Grill seemed bigger and were excellent. A nice surprise.  I still wish they offered Chicken as well. 

Glad to hear this about the Connie!

On 11/11/2022 at 9:21 AM, Orator said:

Since the resumption of sailing we've been on seven cruises, all in Suites.  Prior to the pandemic the Luminae burgers were lamb.  Since the resumption of sailing the Luminae burgers have been beef.  Thick hand-formed patties.  Possibly it has been due to supply chain issues or the particular ships.  My husband loved the lamb.

On 11/8/2022 at 8:19 AM, Orator said:

Completely agree. Just returned for Silhouette TA and found the hamburgers bland and the hotdog was inedible. One bite and I threw it away! The food in Blu was simply outstanding for me! I found that food in the Oceanview was mediocre. Others may differ as taste differs in people.

On the same cruise  and agree totally.  Ordered a hot dog without bun (gluten free).

The server didn't understand, so I told him, "Just the weiner",  and he said (seriously), "What's a weiner".  When I received it, I could have sworn that it was a sausage stick and coincidentally,  the breakfast "sausage" in the buffet tasted like a very poor quality weiner (hot dog).

Maybe they got the two mixed up.  But then neither was acceptible so I guess it doesn't make much difference.   What a disappointment.

Overall, Blu did a great job!

55 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Look at a map. You're on the east side of the Mississippi (River, which was the reference).

So you’re educating someone who actually lives there?  I think they know where the rivers (plural) are.  /s

😂😂😂

• Like 1