Captain for Celebrity Ascent

Saab4444

14 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Any bets.  Many will say Captain Kate as she usually prepares the E-Class ships for their launch.

Supposedly she answered a question about this during a Q&A recently on the Beyond.  Her response was that bringing a ship into service from the very beginning like she did on the Beyond is something Captains usually only get to do once.  (Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think she truly brought the Edge into service from the start.). She did not expect to be captain of the Ascent.

24 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Any bets.  Many will say Captain Kate as she usually prepares the E-Class ships for their launch.

She delivered only Beyond but not Edge and Apex. I trust Tasos Kafetzis will be on Ascent. 

Edited by Saab4444
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

She delivered only Beyond but not Edge and Apex. I trust Tasos Kafetzis will be on Ascent. 

It's been announced Via Insta ~ You WIN! Tasos is the Ascent Capt! 

Edited by cw2go

Love Captain Tasso's dry humor.

I remember one announcement about Grenada in the Caribbean (Gre-NAY-da) and Grenada in Spain  (Gre-NAH- da). 

He had recorded it as an argument between Siri and Alexa when he asked them for directions when leaving the previous port. 

And to pre-empt those who insist "who cares?", a happy leader makes for a happy crew, which translates to better customer service. That should matter to you. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Love Captain Tasso's dry humor.

I remember one announcement about Grenada in the Caribbean (Gre-NAY-da) and Grenada in Spain  (Gre-NAH- da). 

He had recorded it as an argument between Siri and Alexa when he asked them for directions when leaving the previous port. 

And to pre-empt those who insist "who cares?", a happy leader makes for a happy crew, which translates to better customer service. That should matter to you. 

Absolutely. 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, prmssk said:

Supposedly she answered a question about this during a Q&A recently on the Beyond.  Her response was that bringing a ship into service from the very beginning like she did on the Beyond is something Captains usually only get to do once.

over at RCI, Capt Rob was the takeout captain for Symphony as well as Wonder. In his talk, he said headquarters kinda of begged him and gave him a deal he could not pass up.

Also, I think Captain Bill Wright the original Oasis captain also took out first Voyager class ship.

It is a 6 month contract and a lot of work and some stress.

I saw the email and went to the website link but I’m not clear on how being co-captains will work.  Do you think they’ll relieve each other when the other is on vacation, so they’re each like 3 months on / 3 months off or will they both be there at the same time?

11 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

So they will have no time for any family reunion. Would be nice to know which brother will be the first and real take-out Captain.

I'll be waiting for that news as well, I sail her in Feb. 

I would guess they would both be on for the first few days' inaugural festivities with VIPs, press, etc. 

10 minutes ago, Texed said:

We listened to the announcement. Love it.  😊

We did too. The 2 brothers did not disappoint, love their sense of humor!

Looking forward to sailing on our new favorite X ship with our favorite Captains! 
Life is good! 😊

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

The Kafetzis brothers will be dueling captains on the Ascent, how fun will those cruises be. We just booked the cruise on 12/03/2023. A three-hour drive down I-95 and our first Maiden Voyage. We have sailed with older brother twice. Add younger brother, it's gonna be a hoot. 

• Like 1