The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday February 23rd, 2023

StLouisCruisers

We had the pleasure to be in Hobard , Tasmania back in 2013 while on the Oosterdam which seems now ages ago , so just a few pictures today from the port and the gorgeous park we visited 

BTW Tasmania was named after Abel Tasman a Dutch seafarer , explorer and merchant , he was the first known  European explorer to reach New Zealand and the Fiji Islands and the Van Dieman’s Land  ( now Tasmania )  Nov 24 , 1642 .

image.jpeg.c44ce5f4a1cd327c12e1572d10ca4ac2.jpeg

image.jpeg.161857ac696479ce63a46734743cba00.jpeg

image.jpeg.5481191a6c8367bb9f24c0b67a570dd5.jpeg

image.jpeg.dbd49e17582a09e5853608d3076b19d5.jpeg

image.jpeg.0949176ef3706a02498bf46871350b49.jpeg

image.jpeg.d0b0d725626d50a70adce57b04b42f9b.jpeg

image.jpeg.76beae0f9db9e6ee3ce45df22968b628.jpeg

image.jpeg.e21801895af18d1e055b2e58596cf900.jpeg

The kangaroo and her kid

image.jpeg.b6dc5b528f3395d5cc6bfe4554676187.jpeg

image.jpeg.c67f6fe9367ee2f1a37120efec59f43d.jpeg

The devil 

image.jpeg.a5e049145068046290273a2cea2b3b94.jpeg

image.jpeg.bf71819830eefebfbc6157574368e8e0.jpeg

Our wonderful guide Judy from “Eye See “ Tasmania , the " purple lady " who gave us a wonderful day and a delicious home prepared picnic out in the wild ! 

image.jpeg.7b80cb21b6f77d4897cca0b5b903e0c0.jpeg

image.jpeg.fb1ab121ada62a602390f1528f14fbd6.jpeg

Guess this is now also from the good old days an open flame BBQ out on deck 

image.jpeg.d23684b0466d3dbd1a295328418b67a3.jpeg

Have a great day everybody Please Take Care and Stay Safe 

Tony 😘
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

We had the pleasure to be in Hobard , Tasmania back in 2013 while on the Oosterdam which seems now ages ago , so just a few pictures today from the port and the gorgeous park we visited 

BTW Tasmania was named after Abel Tasman a Dutch seafarer , explorer and merchant , he was the first known  European explorer to reach New Zealand and the Fiji Islands and the Van Dieman’s Land  ( now Tasmania )  Nov 24 , 1642 .

image.jpeg.c44ce5f4a1cd327c12e1572d10ca4ac2.jpeg

image.jpeg.161857ac696479ce63a46734743cba00.jpeg

image.jpeg.5481191a6c8367bb9f24c0b67a570dd5.jpeg

image.jpeg.dbd49e17582a09e5853608d3076b19d5.jpeg

image.jpeg.0949176ef3706a02498bf46871350b49.jpeg

image.jpeg.d0b0d725626d50a70adce57b04b42f9b.jpeg

image.jpeg.76beae0f9db9e6ee3ce45df22968b628.jpeg

image.jpeg.e21801895af18d1e055b2e58596cf900.jpeg

The kangaroo and her kid

image.jpeg.b6dc5b528f3395d5cc6bfe4554676187.jpeg

image.jpeg.c67f6fe9367ee2f1a37120efec59f43d.jpeg

The devil 

image.jpeg.a5e049145068046290273a2cea2b3b94.jpeg

image.jpeg.bf71819830eefebfbc6157574368e8e0.jpeg

Our wonderful guide Judy from “Eye See “ Tasmania , the " purple lady " who gave us a wonderful day and a delicious home prepared picnic out in the wild ! 

image.jpeg.7b80cb21b6f77d4897cca0b5b903e0c0.jpeg

image.jpeg.fb1ab121ada62a602390f1528f14fbd6.jpeg

Guess this is now also from the good old days an open flame BBQ out on deck 

image.jpeg.d23684b0466d3dbd1a295328418b67a3.jpeg

Have a great day everybody Please Take Care and Stay Safe 

Tony 😘

Great photos thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Happy Birthday to Linda @lindaler!  I hope she doesn’t mind me sharing that it’s her birthday. Nancy @ottahand7, if you see her today please let her know that I said to enjoy her special day. 

Have a great day everyone!

Thank you Sharon and all for the birthday wishes. Here is the wonderful sunset I had. 

64C12A60-71EC-4A1C-B11A-F9D61330B2BA.jpeg

51AAD877-74A9-4777-891A-7EA4F392BFF4.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Hello everyone. Just cleaned up after our marathon shore excursion. More on that tomorrow. 

@Sharon in AZ I saw Linda last night for the first time in weeks.  She told me it was her birthday today so I wished her Happy Birthday. She wanted it kept quiet because she didn't want a commotion in the MDR tonight. 

Someone leaked it. Hopefully it will be a quiet dinner. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 6

The big storm forecast for Saint Paul did not live up to expectations. We got a foot or so of snow yesterday and today. It seems that the really bad stuff went south of the Twin Cities. Lots of places closed down in anticipation of the sno-pocalypse including our tennis club. So I can't celebrate tennis day reliving all my brilliant shots from last night🤣!

Even worse, no after tennis beer drinking!

Here is a shot of our front patio. It was almost empty of snow a few of days ago - 

20230223_134041.thumb.jpg.97b4019cc6bc2cfbd537666b28850548.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Oh, that would be best to be there in their spring!  We'll be there Feb. 29 (just realized next year is leap year!) so late summer.  Hoping it will be pretty anyway. 🙂  

I have noticed it's taking extra time to hear back from my doctor's office too.  Part of the problem here may be that our long-time physician retired a year ago and I don't know if she's been replaced or not.  Either that or our doctor we have now is just slower at getting back to us. Our labs are always set up 6 months in advance, so at least we don't have to worry about that.

Joy @Seasick SailorWe have the ashes of our beloved last kitty too.  Very nice wooden box with her name engraved on it.  I keep it in a corner of the manel along with the card the vet sent us.

Lorraine @cruising sisterMy heart aches for your little grandson and I know how rough that was for you.  Hoping the therapy helps him and he can be a happy little guy again.

You will just see different flowers than the spring ones.  We will want photos you know so take a bunch of them.  🌻

The nurse finally called back and said it's all set, but it takes 2 to 3 days for results to get back so don't wait too long.  They must send the labs out of the office.  Some of you say you hear back same day on your portal.  

44 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Thank you Sharon and all for the birthday wishes. Here is the wonderful sunset I had. 

64C12A60-71EC-4A1C-B11A-F9D61330B2BA.jpeg

51AAD877-74A9-4777-891A-7EA4F392BFF4.jpeg

Gorgeous!  What a gift!🎁

11 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Someone just opened my storm door and picked up my overnight pulsox,  Done,

Roy

Yay!  That's good news.

1 minute ago, Overhead Fred said:

The big storm forecast for Saint Paul did not live up to expectations. We got a foot or so of snow yesterday and today. It seems that the really bad stuff went south of the Twin Cities. Lots of places closed down in anticipation of the sno-pocalypse including our tennis club. So I can't celebrate tennis day reliving all my brilliant shots from last night🤣!

Here is a shot of our front patio. It was almost empty of snow a few of days ago - 

Now THAT's what I thought DDIL would photograph, not ice.  Hope you don't have to shovel all that.

• Like 19

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Now THAT's what I thought DDIL would photograph, not ice.  Hope you don't have to shovel all that.

No shoveling! We pretty much don't use the patio and front door during winter. The side door by the driveway is more convenient!

• Like 16

18 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

You will just see different flowers than the spring ones.  We will want photos you know so take a bunch of them.  🌻

The nurse finally called back and said it's all set, but it takes 2 to 3 days for results to get back so don't wait too long.  They must send the labs out of the office.  Some of you say you hear back same day on your portal.  

You can count on flower pics 😉  

Yes, the longest I've ever waited for a particular lab result was about 12 hours.  Otherwise I get them within minutes-couple hours. My last one was on MyChart before I even left the clinic parking lot. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

We didn't get a foot, but close to it and it shut most of us down.  I didn't get plowed out  until mid afternoon.  I told the plow guy to do those with more urgent needs first, I wasn't going anywhere.

34 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Most of the time my tests are back the same day or the next morning.  There are some tests that I had lately that were sent to the Mayo Clinic that took longer and one that had to grow a culture and took 10 days.

52 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Someone just opened my storm door and picked up my overnight pulsox,  Done,

Roy

Freedom!   Enjoy!

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

Someone leaked it. Hopefully it will be a quiet dinner. 

Happy Birthday!

8 minutes ago, superoma said:

Good news, our power is back. I was remotely able to turn up my thermostat so in about 15 minutes I will head home. 

Good news.  I have a friend who lost power and won't get it back till Saturday.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

In Cincinnati they have Skyline Chili fast food restaurants all over the place.  They serve it on spaghetti or hot dogs.  On spaghetti they call it 3-way if you add shredded cheddar cheese on it.  With chopped onions added to the 3-way, you now have 4-way.   I've heard they have 5-way too if you add beans to it.  Cincinnati chili doesn't have beans in it.  Honestly we like our own regular chili recipe on spaghetti or hot dogs, too.  Cincinnati chili has a totally different type of seasoning than your usual chili recipes.  I hope Craig doesn't get heartburn, Sharon!!🥵

I kept telling Craig just to think about it being Greek because that’s where it came from. I’ve made it before, it’s just been a while. I liked this recipe but I probably won’t make it again any time soon.  I enjoyed it for something different and easy. Just dump and stir in the crockpot.  We’ll find out about the heartburn later tonight. 😉

• Like 14

One thing our vet does do, is get an imprint of their paw in clay of the kitties we have had, so that we can hang the clay with paw print on the Christmas tree.  Which I have never done.  I have paw prints in drawers all over the house.  The Tucker Animal hospital has been my go to since 1979 when I  moved to the Atlanta area.  The original vet has retired.  During his last year, he hired a young female vet, who's last name is Tucker, and she in turn hired another vet to assist.  Her last name is Prescott. 

Dr Prescott came in with all sorts of ways to cure animals of everything, which most of the time included costs that neither DH or I could afford.  Dr Tucker on the other hand understood her patients parents more, so several years ago we requested that all appointments be with Dr, Tucker.  after my Mere (pronounced mear) had such an aggresive cancer that her skin burst open.  Prescott wanted us to do chemo  and surgery, my wallet said no, my brain said cats dont understand this, and DH who has been battling cancer since 2004 said absolutely not.  Dr Tucker put her down and called me to say, wise choice, this cat was in extreme pain.  Duh. But Prescott has come around I think because more and more people left the practice.  

DH is out in the back digging a little grave, Neko has refused special treats this morning, and the house is very quiet today.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 21

8 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

One thing our vet does do, is get an imprint of their paw in clay of the kitties we have had, so that we can hang the clay with paw print on the Christmas tree.  Which I have never done.  I have paw prints in drawers all over the house.  The Tucker Animal hospital has been my go to since 1979 when I  moved to the Atlanta area.  The original vet has retired.  During his last year, he hired a young female vet, who's last name is Tucker, and she in turn hired another vet to assist.  Her last name is Prescott. 

Dr Prescott came in with all sorts of ways to cure animals of everything, which most of the time included costs that neither DH or I could afford.  Dr Tucker on the other hand understood her patients parents more, so several years ago we requested that all appointments be with Dr, Tucker.  after my Mere (pronounced mear) had such an aggresive cancer that her skin burst open.  Prescott wanted us to do chemo  and surgery, my wallet said no, my brain said cats dont understand this, and DH who has been battling cancer since 2004 said absolutely not.  Dr Tucker put her down and called me to say, wise choice, this cat was in extreme pain.  Duh. But Prescott has come around I think because more and more people left the practice.  

DH is out in the back digging a little grave, Neko has refused special treats this morning, and the house is very quiet today.  

Annie, that is sad to hear, but I guess understandable.  Bless you both for taking such good care of your Neko.

• Like 13

Good afternoon. It is gorgeous out; sunny and 70! Sorry to those with snow and ice. The stress test was good, yay!

I got my pharmacy to straighten out the prescription (they too were surprised the brand cost less than generic, and have to order it for me). And I'm now a T-mobile customer. Next will be changing my home and auto insurance.

Thank you all for the condolences. 

@StLouisCruisers The ice at DDIL's is pretty but dangerous to trees, powerlines and people. Good for you for getting to the gym!

@marshhawk Hugs to you and DH for what you face tomorrow with Neko.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I agree, neither man would have wanted to linger, so the fact that they didn't is a blessing. Interesting about T-mobile; I had planned and did use a bank account for auto-pay.

@superoma Sorry to hear you lost power, but good you had DD to go to, and I'm glad it's back on now. Fancy, being able to remotely change your thermostat. Another pretty iced tree; I hope it doesn't harm the tree.

@lindaler Happy Birthday! Great sunset.

@cruising sister Condolences to your niece on the loss of her friend. And sad about DGS struggling after the loss of two important people in his life; good that he's seeing a therapist.

@jodi58 Congrats on the Springsteen tickets! My BFF was online this AM too, at the request of his cousin in Germany, to get tickets; he and a friend will be here in September for the local concert.

@grapau27 Great looking dinner Graham.

@ottahand7 I'm glad that you didn't lose power, and I hope your siblings' power is back on soon. So sad about that firefighter.

@sailingdutchy Tony, thanks for the great photos from Hobart. 

@rafinmd Good to hear you're no longer a prisoner in your house. Prayers for good results.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Always hard and so sad. Feel for you as it never is easy. Sorry for your soon to be loss. Oh what wonderful memories.

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. It is gorgeous out; sunny and 70! Sorry to those with snow and ice. The stress test was good, yay!

I got my pharmacy to straighten out the prescription (they too were surprised the brand cost less than generic, and have to order it for me). And I'm now a T-mobile customer. Next will be changing my home and auto insurance.

Thank you all for the condolences. 

@StLouisCruisers The ice at DDIL's is pretty but dangerous to trees, powerlines and people. Good for you for getting to the gym!

@marshhawk Hugs to you and DH for what you face tomorrow with Neko.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I agree, neither man would have wanted to linger, so the fact that they didn't is a blessing. Interesting about T-mobile; I had planned and did use a bank account for auto-pay.

@superoma Sorry to hear you lost power, but good you had DD to go to, and I'm glad it's back on now. Fancy, being able to remotely change your thermostat. Another pretty iced tree; I hope it doesn't harm the tree.

@lindaler Happy Birthday! Great sunset.

@cruising sister Condolences to your niece on the loss of her friend. And sad about DGS struggling after the loss of two important people in his life; good that he's seeing a therapist.

@jodi58 Congrats on the Springsteen tickets! My BFF was online this AM too, at the request of his cousin in Germany, to get tickets; he and a friend will be here in September for the local concert.

@grapau27 Great looking dinner Graham.

@ottahand7 I'm glad that you didn't lose power, and I hope your siblings' power is back on soon. So sad about that firefighter.

@sailingdutchy Tony, thanks for the great photos from Hobart. 

@rafinmd Good to hear you're no longer a prisoner in your house. Prayers for good results.

DDIL sent me a second photo about 20 minutes ago showing the ice all melted today on the trees, deck, lawn, etc.  And the white birch tree is standing up proudly with no damage now.  Thank goodness!  She said she saw several birches and other trees with broken limbs just down the street.  

It's supposedly windy there now so hopefully the wet streets are drying right now because the temp will be down to 30F by 11pm and could refreeze causing black ice.  DS's plane lands around 11:30 pm and then he has the 30 minute drive home.  I'll be glad when he's home safely. 

• Like 16

Greetings, all.

I would like to inform you that the Messy Painters Guild is alive and well.  Today I managed to get paint inside my gloves.  I have to do another coat of paint tomorrow in the bathroom and then it will be done and I can put it back together.  Thank goodness there is a second full bath in this house.  

• Like 9
  • Haha 13

Hello everyone,

I continue to follow and lurk but want to post about once a week; that seems to work best for me.

First I want to wish my condolences, prayers and good thoughts to all who are struggling with loss, challenges and just things that are hard. Life is not always a cruise, just saying, I wish it was.

I also want to say that I am happy for those who are celebrating and enjoying life. Cheers to you all!

This past week has been quite the week here in the Twin Cities, MN area. @Overhead Fredlives in the St Paul area and I live more in the Minneapolis area. If anyone has been following the storms moving across the US, MN has been hit pretty hard. Where I live, we have 'received' about 15 inches of snow this week. Some got 20 inches of snow, but I agree with @Overhead Fred they were predicting at least 2 feet. But 15 inches of snow is not good! It closed down quite a bit of the cities and driving was not recommended by MNDOT. That is a pretty big statement because MN people will try to drive through any amount of snow, no kidding! We all have SUVs with 4WD for that reasonI think it was the wind and the drifting that was the bad part. Watching it on TV proved it was awful!

I have been on pins and needles this week because I am scheduled to fly to Miami tomorrow for a 15day PC cruise on NCL Bliss. Lots of flights were canceled this week but I lucked out and so far it is a go and the weather is behaving; the winter storm has moved East. Sorry to those who live East of us.

So, now I am finishing packing to go to Miami tomorrow for my cruise. Pretty excited to be in warm weather!

Have a good weekend everyone, I will try to follow/lurk while I am on my cruise.

Please take good care, virtual hugs for you all. OOOh, long message!!😊

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

My DH has been having some medical problems lately and we are leaving soon for another appointment.  

Oh no - your household’s plate is so full (and by that, I mean yours).  so sorry 😔 hope it is nothing serious 🙏 

We have not had a reliable aide for Tana so someone has to physically be with her when we are not home. This week her son is off from school and he volunteered to keep Mom company. He does very well assisting her when necessary. He has had to grow up way too quickly but we are all so very proud of him.

No aide for Tana?  No help?  OMG.  So glad her son can help.  I now he has to grow up but when he looks back on his life, I am sure he will be proud 

I thought of all of you last night as I watched the clock measure the time until morning. I was awake for no good reason from three o’clock on. I didn’t even have an interesting dream wake me up. More coffee will be required today!

No wonder the clock is ticking on you with all you have on your plate.  If I may be so bold, it might be a good idea to talk to your doctor.  You need your sleep desperately.

10 hours ago, marshhawk said:

He is going to bury her in the back yard which may or may not be legal in an unincorporated part of the county, so he told the vet he wanted to take her to the crematory after the procedure.

Good plan.  Way back - more than a couple of decades ago, we were able to bring our cat home and bury him in the back yard (extensive acreage).  Now, they have to be cremated and it’s against the law to bury them here 😔. Too many scavengers around, I guess and worries of disease

9 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser Actually we will be with her in a room, and they will give her a sedative, then they take the cat away, and euthanize her, so we wont be there at the very end, but as close as we can.  Then we will bring her home and will bury her in the "cat garden " at the top of the hill in the back.  I guess they dont want crying people out in the office area, but  have no idea why the sedative and the euthanasia doesnt take place at the same time.  Since Covid, no human has been allowed back into the exam rooms., just the pets.

Wow - that is so sad.  Our province has carried out very safe health protocols and my vet was fanatic, but when it came to sending our beloved fur babies over the rainbow bridge, if you were vaccinated and boosted, and a regular client - she allowed us to be with them for the whole time and until we were ready to say good bye after they were gone.

I was with both Miko and Marley last year and she allowed one friend for each to support me knowing I was on my own with Jose in the hospital.  Probably why I am in an abysmal mood at times.  Small blessings, I guess.  I think she knew she would never be able to take them away from me. 💔

Best wishes for you tomorrow - my heart and thought will be with you.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6