The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday April 14th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Today is Ex Spouse Day, International Moment of Laughter Day, and Look up at the Sky Day

I take care of my flowers and my cats. And enjoy food. And that's living. - Ursula Andress

Meal Suggestion for today - Arctic Char Tostadas
Drink of the Day - Makers Mark Hot Apple Cider
Wine of the Day - Attems Pinot Grigio, Friuli, Italy
Destination of the Day - Prince Rupert, Kaien Island, BC Canada

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Puntarenas, Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica eta 4-15

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island, Hawaii eta 4-19

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea destination Cartagena, Colombia eta 4-15 

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island, Azores Portugal eta 4-15

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Praia da Vitoria, Terceira Island, Azores Portugal eta 4-17

Rotterdam

At Sea destination Plymouth, England eta 4-16 

Volendam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Zaandam

Cartagena Colombia 12:00 - 18:00

Zuiderdam

Isle of Portland, Weymouth, Dorset England 13:00 -

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Savusavu, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji 08:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

At Sea destination Kanazawa, Japan eta 4-16 

image.thumb.png.2c6a69273089941839f67c64c3454b25.png

image.thumb.png.ea4d83ea82d20621d8b828af7a50ccbf.png

Sandi for Rich

• Like 26
  • Thanks 14

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info SLC.

Today should be question and answer fellow CC members. Hear is why.

I can combine the three things we celebrate today into a three word question.

Question: RedneckBob, what is the question that references ex spouse day, moment of laughter day and look up in the sky day?

Answer: Are you Sirius?

Question: RedneckBob, what famous act on the Ed Sullivan Show helps you to remember the only wine you will order at the Pinnacle Grille for dinner?

Answer: Pinot Topo Gigio

• Like 10
  • Haha 21

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for the early fleet reports and Daily.

I certainly laugh every day especially reading Bruce's @aliaschief daily funny memes.

looking up to the sky can be interesting with the colours and cloud formations etc.

Interesting quote.

Prayers 🙏 for all of our unwell Dailyites.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Graham.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all,

HAL sent out an advisory that they plan NO Changes to the itinerary for Volendam tomorrow. We’re told to make sure our contact info is up to date and contact them tomorrow if we are not going to make it.

Both  air tags report they are in Denver.

I’m going to email HAL with our updated status and flight information 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7

Good morning friends!  Checking the weather I see we are 58F with scattered thunderstorms heading our way and a high of 71 today.  Hope it's nicer where you are.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Fleet Report and Daily information.  I hope you have a good stay at Portland, England once you arrive.  Are you spending two nights there?  

Our days to celebrate are Ex-Spouse Day which I don't have to honor, thankfully.  I think most with an ex-spouse celebrate getting rid of them!  Next is International Moment of Laughter Day, which is a pleasant thought.  I'd rather laugh than frown any day.  And finally Look Up at the Sky Day.  With thunderstorms headed our way I will probably be doing some of that.  The quote by Ursula Andress sounds like she was happy in her life.  

Arctic char tostados is the menu suggestion and I appreciate Debbie @dfish for telling us all about it.  Dixie @summer slope has to sell us on Makers Mark Hot Apple Cider which is fine if you are having cold weather.  The wine is a pinot grigio so I will be happy to give that a taste, and thanks to Ann @cat shepard for sharing info about it here.

And finally, Rich has suggested Prince Rupert, Kaien Island, BC Canada for our port of the day.  This is, according to my records, the FIRST time for that port!  I know someone here must have been waiting for that destination so they could show us all their great photos of it.  I haven't been there before so I'm looking forward to seeing those photos myself.  It should be a beautiful place being in British Columbia.  Of course that means no links today and no photos of my own to copy and paste (or go on a search for), so that cuts down on the work here this morning.  I could be finished with my treadmill a half hour early!

On to the Care and Celebration lists which Vanessa @JazzyV posts here each day for the last couple months and I appreciate that hard work.  She deserves a nice cruise and vacation so I hope her doctor visit today is positive and they can determine her knee issues.  Prayers for you Vanessa and everyone on the Care list.  Hoping for a quick rehab for Karen's @luvteaching's DH so he can get home in good shape.  Good wishes to our Covid patients and for a negative test very soon.  Prayers for all around the world suffering especially the Ukrainians. 🙏 On to the celebration list people. Cheers for all celebrating happy events. 🥂 I am praying all our CC friends get to Fort Lauderdale safely by tomorrow so that we can wave goodbye as the Volendam passes by the PEV webcam.  Safe and rapid travels to Laura @TiogaCruiser and Sharon @Sharon in AZ .    Hoping @AV8TRIX and @Dismomx5 arrive on time, too.

Off to the treadmill.  Hoping all here have a fantastic Friday!!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Today in history:

1981 1st Space Shuttle, Columbia 1, returns to Earth

Zuiderdam is on the way Portland, England where we will stay until tomorrow when we will head to Dover, England instead of Le Harve, France.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Checking the weather I see we are 58F with scattered thunderstorms heading our way and a high of 71 today.  Hope it's nicer where you are.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Fleet Report and Daily information.  I hope you have a good stay at Portland, England once you arrive.  Are you spending two nights there?  

Our days to celebrate are Ex-Spouse Day which I don't have to honor, thankfully.  I think most with an ex-spouse celebrate getting rid of them!  Next is International Moment of Laughter Day, which is a pleasant thought.  I'd rather laugh than frown any day.  And finally Look Up at the Sky Day.  With thunderstorms headed our way I will probably be doing some of that.  The quote by Ursula Andress sounds like she was happy in her life.  

Arctic char tostados is the menu suggestion and I appreciate Debbie @dfish for telling us all about it.  Dixie @summer slope has to sell us on Makers Mark Hot Apple Cider which is fine if you are having cold weather.  The wine is a pinot grigio so I will be happy to give that a taste, and thanks to Ann @cat shepard for sharing info about it here.

And finally, Rich has suggested Prince Rupert, Kaien Island, BC Canada for our port of the day.  This is, according to my records, the FIRST time for that port!  I know someone here must have been waiting for that destination so they could show us all their great photos of it.  I haven't been there before so I'm looking forward to seeing those photos myself.  It should be a beautiful place being in British Columbia.  Of course that means no links today and no photos of my own to copy and paste (or go on a search for), so that cuts down on the work here this morning.  I could be finished with my treadmill a half hour early!

On to the Care and Celebration lists which Vanessa @JazzyV posts here each day for the last couple months and I appreciate that hard work.  She deserves a nice cruise and vacation so I hope her doctor visit today is positive and they can determine her knee issues.  Prayers for you Vanessa and everyone on the Care list.  Hoping for a quick rehab for Karen's @luvteaching's DH so he can get home in good shape.  Good wishes to our Covid patients and for a negative test very soon.  Prayers for all around the world suffering especially the Ukrainians. 🙏 On to the celebration list people. Cheers for all celebrating happy events. 🥂 I am praying all our CC friends get to Fort Lauderdale safely by tomorrow so that we can wave goodbye as the Volendam passes by the PEV webcam.  Safe and rapid travels to Laura @TiogaCruiser and Sharon @Sharon in AZ .    Hoping @AV8TRIX and @Dismomx5 arrive on time, too.

Off to the treadmill.  Hoping all here have a fantastic Friday!!

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

Even without photos your post is extremely comprehensive and very interesting reading.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia and working on getting stronger

Ger_77 with strep throat

Lazey1 with colitis flare, improving

JazzyV with knee issues

Luvteaching’s DH having to go to rehab 50 miles away

All those trying to get to Ft Lauderdale to embark on cruises, affected by flooding

Nashville school shooting victims/KY bank shooting victims

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Tupper10 recovering from back surgery, improving

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Marshhawk’s abnormal lung scan and adrenal gland issue

Scrapnana getting chemotherapy

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Dailyites helping others whose travel is affected by the flooding in Broward County

Cruising-along and DH feeling better

Luvteaching’s DH showing improvement

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

1 Day for Sharon in AZ (Volendam 4/15 to 5/17)

1 Day for AV8rix (Volendam 4/15 to 5/6)

1 Day for TiogaCruiser (Volendam 4/15 to 5/2)

1 Day for Dismomx5 (Volendam 4/15 to 5/6)

2 Days for GTVCRUISER (NCL Jewel 4/16 to 4/23)

Cruzn Single (Rotterdam to 4/19), Vict0riann (Rotterdam to 4/19), aliaschief & DWAliaschief (Eurodam to 4/28) Kplady (Grand Princess to 4/28), Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to 4/29), St Pete Cruiser (Noordam to 5/2), Overhead Fred’s Anniversary cruise (Rotterdam to 5/6), USN59-79 (Westerdam to 5/7), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 20
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Another summery day here.  Today should be a sunny 22°C (72°F), a lot warmer than what we normally have in April.

There are no ex-spouses to honour in our house.  We should laugh everyday (thanks @RedneckBob)   I love looking at the sky.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.

I'll pass on the drink but I know I love the wine.

I haven't been to Prince Rupert, thanks in advance for pictures.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Happy Friday everyone.  I like laughter and looking up at the sky.  I really like the quote, I think that the secret to enjoying life is enjoying the ordinary things that you do each day.  The meal suggestion sounds very good but since it’s going to be 80F here today I’ll pass on the drink.  Prayers for everyone on our list and for the folks traveling to Florida.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

• Like 23

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Today in history:

1981 1st Space Shuttle, Columbia 1, returns to Earth

Zuiderdam is on the way Portland, England where we will stay until tomorrow when we will head to Dover, England instead of Le Harve, France.

Thank you for the space shuttle information.  Time sure flies!

So your cruise is skipping Le Havre now?  After Dover, then where to?  Trying to keep you all on your toes on Zuiderdam!

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

Even without photos your post is extremely comprehensive and very interesting reading.

Graham.

Thank you for those kind remarks Graham.  I'm glad you enjoyed my post.  Hard to be coherent or witty at that hour sometimes.😴

9 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Another summery day here.  Today should be a sunny 22°C (72°F), a lot warmer than what we normally have in April.

There are no ex-spouses to honour in our house.  We should laugh everyday (thanks @RedneckBob)   I love looking at the sky.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.

I'll pass on the drink but I know I love the wine.

I haven't been to Prince Rupert, thanks in advance for pictures.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

You are really having some lovely spring weather now Melanie.  I hope it continues for a good long while after a cold winter.🌻

Vanessa @JazzyV good luck at your doctor appointment!  Hope your problem is nothing serious.🤞

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Yesterday got to 91F yesterday and today is supposed to get to 85.  The upstairs windows were open overnight with a fan in the bedroom.  It was a good nights sleep until Mona demanded attention at 2am.  I like today’s quote.  
I saw a report that FLL should open at 9 am today.  They need to inspect the runways for safety.  Hoping everyone that is traveling to catch a ship makes it there in time.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.ce4a2fb5dbfeee0b87975af170d1ad9f.png

• Like 20
  • Haha 10

@grapau27, @StLouisCruisers

That is an old itinerary for Zuiderdam. Half Moon Cay was deleted prior to sailing and we added Praia da Vitoria, Azores on day 123 instead. Dover has now been substituted for Le Havre but the rest of the schedule has not changed at this point. The information at halfacts has been updated and is currently correct.

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 10

Happy Friday.  Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Ann, Debbie, and Dixie.  There are only a few ex-spouses in my extended family and I have difficulty finding anything not to like about laughter and looking at the sky.  The quote will be popular among dailyites.  I've been to Prince Rupert twice but it was many years ago, arriving both times by train and leaving on ferries.  I'll try to flesh that out a bit later.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Iced Melon Bisque, Fresh Fruit Medley, and New York Striploin Steak as served on MS Amsterdam April 14, 2014.

Best wishes Vanessa on your doctor's visit today, and wishing safe arrival in Florida to those boarding tomorrow.

Roy

• Like 30

Good morning, Dailyites!  I’m getting to be almost as early as Graham posting, as we get closer and closer to England.  It is a lot easier changing times when it is just an hour every other day or so.  My stomach still doesn’t quite understand what is going on with mealtimes, though.  

we are getting emails from DD to announce hospital tests for Pat before his surgery on May 5.  Seems to be working out so far, nothing has been scheduled for before we get home.  But it’s going to be a rush to get everything done!

My memory of Prince George is Covid!  I was in isolation by then, and this was my view:

FE9BD487-2B94-4428-8F8B-F1A82D7E0BF6.thumb.jpeg.50895506b4785c949928c57db38586e5.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Sandi & Rich for today’s R & D! A gloomy start to this morning, but this could be just a marine layer that will burn off. We had another round of rain last night, but the T-Storms stayed North of me. 

Thank you Vanessa for taking care of our lists so diligently. Praying that your knee issue is resolved today. 

A class at the gym, garden bed prepping, Bindi walks and chores will fill my day. 

C17C2C0B-64D1-44CF-89A9-DE940605B780.jpeg.38fb0fd7f1cce5fa66d5122fdfd9856c.jpeg

EE241EA8-41B4-4239-B412-5BBCE08ACAE7.jpeg.50b038982d99d40ae516d5aea2d0db03.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Attems 2021 Pinot Grigio, Friuli, Italy

I used the 2021 vintage info hoping that one might be easier to find. But most released vintages share the same ratings from consumers and critics - except for the 2020 vintage. That one does not share the same excellent reviews. I found numerous online distributors with prices starting at $11.99. 

Winemaker Notes

Of an elegant straw yellow, Pinot Grigio 2021 entices with very lively aromas of white melon and cedar. Captivating hints of almond and toasted bread introduce the taste experience, where this wine expresses its harmonious and energetic character through impressions of white pepper and green apple which emerge in the aftertaste.
JS91 James Suckling
Lots of white pepper and crushed stone with some mineral undertones. Medium body. Bright acidity. Clean and crisp finish.
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 5

Makers Mark Hot Apple Cider cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/4 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
Apple Cider, Hot
1 dash Allspice
Garnish: Cinnamon Stick,
Lemon Wheel

Instructions
Add Maker's Mark® Bourbon to a footed mug. Fill mug with hot apple cider and the dash of allspice. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and lemon wheel.

Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 7.31.44 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 9

27 minutes ago, richwmn said:

That is an old itinerary for Zuiderdam. Half Moon Cay was deleted prior to sailing and we added Praia da Vitoria, Azores on day 123 instead. Dover has now been substituted for Le Havre but the rest of the schedule has not changed at this point. The information at halfacts has been updated and is currently correct.

Thanks for the answer to your time in Portland.  One of the other WC bloggers originally said you would be there two nights, but things are rapidly changing due to weather conditions I suppose.  Will you be visiting Bruges while in Rotterdam or exploring near the ship?

Thanks for letting me know Halfacts has been updated to show your latest schedule.  👍

11 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites!  I’m getting to be almost as early as Graham posting, as we get closer and closer to England.  It is a lot easier changing times when it is just an hour every other day or so.  My stomach still doesn’t quite understand what is going on with mealtimes, though.  

we are getting emails from DD to announce hospital tests for Pat before his surgery on May 5.  Seems to be working out so far, nothing has been scheduled for before we get home.  But it’s going to be a rush to get everything done!

My memory of Prince George is Covid!  I was in isolation by then, and this was my view:

FE9BD487-2B94-4428-8F8B-F1A82D7E0BF6.thumb.jpeg.50895506b4785c949928c57db38586e5.jpeg

I'm envious seeing a balcony cabin for Covid quarantining!  Last year on Island Princess they thought it was a great idea to take us from our balcony cabin to an oceanview (for up to 10 days in DH's case).  What ship and month was this?

Hoping once you get home you have enough time to prepare properly for Pat's surgery on May 5.  Have a great day!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, richwmn said:

The white cliffs of Dover are well known and the main tourist attraction.

Dover is the busiest ferry port in Europe and can get extremely congested especially with new border controls.

We sailed on Norwegian Gems maiden voyage from Dover in October 2007.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Pat @Vict0riann.

It is wet and windy around Plymouth today but the forecast for the weekend is excellent.

We live 400 miles away otherwise we would have come to see the ship.

Graham 

• Like 14

Good morning everyone. It was 88 degrees here yesterday. Hot, but so welcome. The trees are all in bloom and it’s beautiful. Made an appointment in May for my second cateract surgery.. Hopefully it goes as well as the first one.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 26