What are these crystal blocks?

As you can see I did not get the color one, just an etched one.  It is a different font than the first one posted.  I guess I got the number two where they are all in caps.  I guess some people cherish them and others do not.  That, my friends, is what makes the world go round.

Edited by bucky0926

6 minutes ago, bucky0926 said:

As you can see I did not get the color one, just an etched one.  It is a different font than the first one posted.

Apparently there are at least 4 different versions of Harmony out there. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

I haven't seen the color ones in person but from pictures on CC they remind me of the key chains in the Logo Shop that have a color picture embedded in plastic.

I admit to being a block lover and those who are not are free to decline the block. I always look forward to getting the next but I wish they would go back to the old style. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, billslowsky said:

Not a lot of bids on the ones asking for more than $50.  Which is pretty much all of them.

When looking at the sold ones, the prices range from $35 to about $120.

Biker, who sold his Voyager block for $125 last October though prices over $100 are the exception now.

We have 5, currently sitting in a cabinet.  We should have about 7 but have turned down at least one (I mean how many EN ones do I need?)  This last EN cruise, we were due one and our friends who were with us and D+ (have one block from another ship already) after we asked if they wanted it, said yes.  So, we asked for it, had it delivered and gave it to them.  Not sure if we'll want the new ones.

45 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

When looking at the sold ones, the prices range from $35 to about $120.

Biker, who sold his Voyager block for $125 last October though prices over $100 are the exception now.

The ones on ebay last night didn't appear to even have bids on them.  If I were interested I would lowball for $25 and see if someone bites.

9 minutes ago, rucruisn2 said:

We are diamond and have never gotten one of these.  What level do you need to be to get one?  

You get your first at 140 points and then every 70 points after that.

7 hours ago, jencruzin said:

The new ones look rather cheap and silly. They cannot be REAL crystal, though.

Pretty sure they are. Just as heavy as the old ones.

FWIW, I like them. 

The lettering is engraved, and then enameled. 

The variety of colors adds a nice punch. My existing fleet all looks the same from more than 3' away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure they are. Just as heavy as the old ones.

FWIW, I like them. 

The lettering is engraved, and then enameled. 

The variety of colors adds a nice punch. My existing fleet all looks the same from more than 3' away. 

Are they really going to give people 4 or more of these on the WC?

• Haha 1

Navigator block just came today from September sailing. I asked the LA about in March, and he just happened to be the same LA from Navigator, that had ordered it originally. He said it was "in process", and that it would be one of the old blocks. 

It's not. It is one of the new blocks with the photo of Navigator. It is fine. It just looks sort of gift store cheap/gaudy. So, we have it to go sort of along with all of our other ones now. 😏

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, temple1 said:

We'll be on Independence in November, I hit 144 points on my last cruise. Do they leave the block in the cabin? 

Usually, but it's best to stop by the LA desk and inquire.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, temple1 said:

We'll be on Independence in November, I hit 144 points on my last cruise. Do they leave the block in the cabin? 

Like twangster said, I would ask about it. I have two friends who didn’t get their blocks on previous cruises earlier this year and had to “argue” with the LA on a subsequent cruise concerning this issue. 

• Thanks 1