The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday May 15th, 2023

Today is National Chocolate Chip Day, National Slider Day, and Police Officer's Memorial Day

The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases - Carl G. Jung, MD

Meal Suggestion for today - Tzatziki Chicken
Drink of the Day - Pina Punch
Wine of the Day - Vignavecchia Brunello Di Montalcino D.O.C.G., San Paulo 2015
Destination of the Day - Port Arthur, Tasmania Australia

Today in History:
1869 National Woman Suffrage Association forms in New York, founded by Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 22:00

Koningsdam

Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm, Alaska 09:00 - 09:30

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 22:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Stavanger, Norway eta 5-16 

Noordam

At Sea Destination Ketchikan, Alaska eta 5-16 

Oosterdam

Barcelona, Spain 07:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Stockholm, Sweden (day 2) depart 18:00

Volendam

Ketchikan, Alaska 11:00 - 19:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 5-16 

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island eta 5-16 

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Praia Da Vitoria, Azores eta 5-19 

image.thumb.png.009eb5b8c795e86a61087a3315e20c29.png

Sandi for Rich

• Like 25
  • Thanks 16

Good Monday morning and thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for posting today's daily reports.

Thanks to our food and beverage ladies and also our care list host.

Yes to chocolate cookies.

interesting quote and meal for today.

Never been to today's port and as always I look forward to the tremendous photos from our helpful Dailyites.

Prayers 🙏 for all of the Dailyites who are unwell.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe day.

Screenshot_20230515_100358.jpg

Screenshot_20230515_100433.jpg

Screenshot_20230515_100330.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 8

Good morning friends!  It's a calm morning and 68F.  The weather today will be mostly cloudy and 83.  I can't think of anything on our calendar for today so I will try to make progress on the Amazon River photo book.  I said Try.

Thanks to Rich @richwmn for compiling all the information for the Daily for us.  The days we have to celebrate are National Chocolate Chip Day which I wholeheartedly endorse.  Anything chocolate except chocolate covered insects.  Also there is National Slider Day so if you have a White Castle near you go get a free one.  Police Officers Memorial Day is a somber day as we honor those who have died in the law enforcement field.  There are new officers added to that list nearly every day and I am saddened for them and their families who give so much.👮‍♂️

The quote is interesting and true in so many ways.  I have no idea what Tzatziki Chicken is but hope Debbie @dfish has the answer.  Thanks Debbie!  The cocktail is Pina Punch and once again have no clue about it.🍹  And the wine sounds like it's Brazilian. 🍷 Thanks to Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports on them today.

Our day in history concerns the Suffrage movement back in 1869.  I have a feeling that Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton were not the most popular women in town because change is hard for people to accept.

Prayers for our Care list.  Hoping every day that there is improvement and quick healing for all involved.  Also for the Ukrainians who continue to fight for their freedom.  And for all the tornado victims lately in the U.S. and the wildfire sufferers in Canada.🙏  Three cheers for everyone cruising, and those with happy events in their families.  Thank you Eva @superoma for taking care of the Care and Celebration lists while Vanessa @JazzyV and Roy @rafinmd are away from duties.🥂🎉

Our port of the day is Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia and it's my favorite port in Tasmania.  I have lucked out and gotten into that port two times because the weather was sunny one day and overcast the second.  Not always the case there.  It's a former penal colony and has lots to see.  We had this port back on May 3, 2022 and I will get the link for you to retrieve photos.  Mine are below too.  

We first visited Port Arthur on Dec. 9, 2013 on the Diamond Princess.  The second time was Nov. 8, 2017 on the Sun Princess.  Both times we tendered over and visited the site of a 19th century convict settlement.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLC-8FPrPX--dhQXD1U9Fvc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513605612

All of the buildings are open for you to explore.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJEe01T-jkSzxo5qZ82Rek0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513613454

This is what one of the cells looked like.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ0ugVmaE_O4i4phAueOFfa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1651580601

The guard tower00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKimX2qMqIWoRCSaOdzI-45?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513613542

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIev6Ru2chsZv6KemuOOe2B?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513613543

In the distance a church which I'll show you photos of later.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJlMhQwOqTEUqfLHhSzkl9I?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513613574

Next we saw a separate prison for the insane called the Asylum.  It was later used as a town hall. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLoD2CF6BEM7SOXrJ_gzfyY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513613723

A cell for an inmate.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLxp-ZWbXFOu3dKWcZAucjH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513613696

A chapel for them.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKXHpnXD03HonaIa0fGsT9M?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513613709

We headed towards the church and an extensive garden area.  I loved the two columns here near the entrance to the gardens.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-mPMLoDHFAPHjZjeYMC4B?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513613759

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJmaK6tjS-UbUgxA6WGKE6H?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705820

The old Convict Church ruins.  It was built by the convicts in 1836.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLN43cEcbA0TrED_Xp9uAsh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513613868

It was devastated by fire in 1884 so all that stands is the stone outer walls.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIRYI_P-GWE1uYdNekYpOQV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1651581459

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJskF1ZLgsi-R_zXMAkFEwJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1651581517

walking through the nearby gardens00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKF0pO0SoS1p_wnhcysyrWW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1651581574

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_y8jNNz9IIevwujg5Kccl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513613999

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI0HEMJTSjj3Hor9MqWNVh2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513614039

I have photos of dozens of different flowers, too many to post them all here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIySElxafS0sbaInWdnb5Q-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513614268

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJZ6Lf0VgLw8ZGK3o-NgIoE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513614241

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4rCSZMvCBb-FCuHc0EPur?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705915

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLqpsERYzoZJHs-w4neMiMf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1651582081

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_HG9_0RkDh0UVgmpnU_eS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705920

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbgO7uV1dPYYQZVfY5lHPU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705854

As we left in 2017 we passed by the Memorial Garden, built to commemorate the victims of the Port Arthur mass shooting in 1996.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJaSypAs7K3Oks0GLR6ufJp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513614300

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJjR37uBNL1o8UkIyB3z-uj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1651581957

I could post photos all day on Port Arthur, my favorite stop in Tasmania.

Hoping for a good soccer day for Ren and his teammates, that the referees open their eyes and stop all the nonsense and that no one is hurt.  Go for the win Jags!

Have a great day everyone!  Time for exercise now.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 7

Pina Punch cocktail (I found two different ones)

#1 Ingredients
1 part Midori® Melon Liqueur
1 part Pinnacle® Pineapple Vodka
1 part Mango Juice
3 parts Pineapple Juice
Splash
Mango Slice
Pineapple Slice

Instructions
Pour all ingredients into a punch bowl over ice. Stir well and garnish with a pineapple and mango slices.

#2 Ingredients
1 part Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
1 part DeKuyper® Blueberry Schnapps Liqueur
1/2 part Simple Syrup
1/2 part Lime Juice
2 parts Pineapple Juice

Instructions
Combine all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake. Strain into glass over ice and serve.

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 6.16.11 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 6.13.24 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 15

Good morning everyone with wishes for a wonderful and healthy new week. Our daughter and husband return this evening. They had quite the vacation. Touring around San Francisco, Pacific Highway,  Los Angeles, Grand Canyon and a two night stay at the Bellagio in Las Vegas.

We are ready for a restful vacation at home. Phew!

Thanks Sandi for getting the Daily started and showing your we have been everywhere photos.

Time to get grandchildren up and moving.

Bruce

image.jpeg.38e7b92cef0603aacb4cbec397dc3606.jpegimage.jpeg.ab89cc751391998ca8d7e37f93cbc1ae.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.917acf097a0ae513c43aec6713bef97a.jpegimage.jpeg.33dab78dcfeef5af56358044c2cc6340.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c8789c95e8976feb0da79d55663667c2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f330689690667c13336a7274d5925ac6.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 25

Just a quick note.

We are up early so that DH can get to the Doctor in time for his 8:30 am appointment for his MOHS surgery on his scalp. Would appreciate a prayer for this procedure.

Will post more later when i have time.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 32

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Brrrr.   We've got frost this morning.  What happened to spring?

My hubby is a big fan of chocolate chip cookies, they're not my favourite, but I'll eat them when they're warm from the oven.   No free sliders here, I don't think White Castle has any restaurants in Canada.  A big thank you to all police officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty. 

Love the quote.

The meal sounds interesting, looking forward to seeing the recipe.  The drink sounds good too.  I'm sure I'll like the wine, hope it isn't too expensive.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port.

Prayers for everyone.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Sandi.

Nice collection of days - particularly Police Officer’s Memorial Day.  Too many police had lost their lives needlessly and need to be remembered.  I really like today in history 👍 

It’s another brisk one this morning.  Yes, @puppycanducruisewe too got frost. 😞  Come on Mother Nature - it’s the middle of May 😬 

Good quote by Jung.  I have chicken so I’ll wait to see @dfish Debbie’s recipe suggestions.  We were in Tasmania many years ago, but I don’t recall the port being Arthur?

IMG_3530.thumb.jpeg.38d905fb3e512a0ca897f1ff2089946e.jpeg

Busy day here.  I have my guy coming that helped me with the driveway to work on my dandelions and a couple of other things that the elbow doesn’t permit.  (See?  I am being a good girl - money flies out of the house but I’m being good 😇)

then, at long last, the infamous snow tires come off.  My tire place has gotten the extractor they need to get my wheel locks off and it was the first spot they could give me.

IMG_3536.jpeg.fb893d3932b5c498e4a6a91258fac76b.jpeg

@StLouisCruisersGood luck to Ren and his team today 🤞 

@aliaschiefYou two have earned a well deserved vacation/rest from the grandchildren.  As much of a joy they may be, they are a lot of work.

@Cruzin Terri prayers for your DH and a successful procedure 🙏🏻 

Hopefully it stays decent so that when I get back Ivan and I can do a bit outside.  I am much slower than normal with the elbow but I’ll get there sooner or later. 🤞 

IMG_3537.jpeg.11a006496b18bbd7a65e5ce629d5b694.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

IMG_3495.jpeg.29cabaeaaa2626bd42733f75569f5843.jpeg

Have a great Monday everyone!!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 14

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  Why I don’t mind if I do have a chocolate chip cookie today.  I’ve enjoyed the occasional White Castle in the past but I don’t think that there are any nearby.  A salute to all of the fallen police officers who work so selflessly to protect us.  The quote is a reminder that we are all unique.  I’m guessing that today’s meal suggestion is a Greek dish.  The drink sounds good but a little sweet for me.  The photos of today’s port look great.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today.

• Like 30

Good morning.  Prayers for Cruzin Terri’s DH surgery today.

Lovely day yesterday for the holiday.  Kids were here — DS Brian picked up our take out dinner so that was nice.  DH said to me at about 11:00 pm “I didn’t get any of the lasagna”.  Of course he did and I had to tell him he didn’t remember because he was too busy “sharing” with DD’s dog!

During the day DH said to me that he wanted to go on a cruise this summer.  He was last on a ship in February and besides weekly grocery shopping he rarely leaves the house.  So I head to the phone and the Royal Caribbean call center.  Lo and behold I actually find an accessible cabin on a ship out of Baltimore on 8/17.  Success!   

Left overs today, weather will be nice.  Have a great day.  Katherine 

• Like 33

35 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just a quick note.

We are up early so that DH can get to the Doctor in time for his 8:30 am appointment for his MOHS surgery on his scalp. Would appreciate a prayer for this procedure.

God Bless,

Terri

Prayers 🙏 sent for your DH Terri for his MOHS surgery today 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Well, it is Monday morning.

I am back at my home/office and took time yesterday to get back up to speed with what is going on. Things are slowly getting back to normal.

I am now set up again to post the initial Fleet Report and Daily thread. Like prior to leaving, I expect to have it posted just before 7 am.

I really appreciate the efforts of Roy @rafinmd and Sandi @StLouisCruisers in keeping this alive.

I hope everyone has a great week, especially those aboard the BHBs.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 6

Thank you Sandi & Rich for today’s R & D! Another gorgeous morning here. A couple tiny new fawns have wobbled by. Their Moms are looking for some safe hiding places for the day. 

Eva, thank you for taking the time to track our happenings. Gym, Bindi walks, chores and some yard work. Ooh and pool time. My water is a perfect 87 degrees.

IMG_1298.jpeg.c6a9d69156d38c57fda42f7ffa2df795.jpeg

IMG_1296.jpeg.fe1c43d729f5d033a5503c510529a99e.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @Cruzin Terri Praying all goes well for DH’s MOHS. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Vigna Vecchia Brunello Di Montalcino D.O.C.G., San Paulo 2015

I would need to taste this wine before purchasing - if I could afford it. It sounds a bit “too much” for me - both taste and price. But I have been wrong before. Available from several online distributors with prices starting at $239.00.

Wine Enthusiast 94 pts

Aromas of underbrush, camphor and tobacco form the nose along with a whiff of prune. Tightly knit and full-bodied, the palate features black-cherry jam, licorice, roasted coffee-bean and toasted notes alongside close-grained, velvety tannins. Drink 2022–2027. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just a quick note.

God Bless,

Terri

🙏

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Monday May 15 care and celebration list

Crabby Patti caring for DF  who is no longer ambulatory

Jazzyv with knee and back pain but doing things

Cunnorl recovering from surgery 

Tupper10 with post op pain but doing ok

Alberta wildfires, army helping

Cruznterri’s dh mohs surgery today

Too many shooting victims every day

Citizens of Ukraine and the Sudan 

From the rotation:

RMLincoln’s DH’s sensitivity to glaucoma meds

Marshhawk ‘s leg and feet cramps

Marshhawk’s dh with continuing nose issues 

Grapau27 needing hip surgery for arthritis

Celebrations

Tana responding to medication and walking with walker

NextOne not needing any procedures, July cruise is on!

Luvteaching DH moving to rehab closer to home

Surgery date for smitty34877 DH

Father David on a pilgrimage for 3 weeks (May 21)

Bennybear feeling better

Mamaofami’s dh pneumonia free

Mamaofami with good oncology report

Rafinmd fleshing out September and November cruises

RMLincoln good eye report,  surgery date for other eye

Vict0rians dh home after surgery

All the wonderful tributes to mothers and mother figures yesterday!

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

6 days for Crazy For Cats(Zaandam 5/20 to 5/27)

Cruising 

Sharon in AZ (Volendam to 5/17) at sea

Marshhawk (Nieuw Amsterdam to 5/21)

Jazzyv cruise, Germany vacation to 5/28

Cruising sister (Nieuw Statendam to 5/28)

SusieKIslandGirl (Nieuw Statendam to5/28)

• Like 20
  • Thanks 16

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info SLC. Great job while richwmn was world cruising! I will let you post my jokes while I am on a long cruise. 😀

National Slider Day. Down here Krystal was the slider joint. I remember back in the ‘60’s the sliders were 10 cent each and when the price was raised to 12 cent I thought there would be a revolt!

• Like 18

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet report. It is a beautiful sunny morning today. Any day that chocolate is involved is a day to celebrate. 

Working from home on student papers. Up first though is a massage and later I will cut the grass in the yard. 

I packed for my cruise yesterday. I will try again later this week as I realize that my suitcase probably ways well over 100 pounds. As my sister pointed out, I am also taking a carry-on so not everything has to go into the checked bag. I am overthinking this. 🤭

Holding all of you in my thoughts 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

• Like 29