The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday May 15th, 2023

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just a quick note.

We are up early so that DH can get to the Doctor in time for his 8:30 am appointment for his MOHS surgery on his scalp. Would appreciate a prayer for this procedure.

🙏🏻 for your DH, and for you.  Thinking of you both today, @Cruzin Terri

Edited by ocean sounds
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning everyone with wishes for a wonderful and healthy new week. Our daughter and husband return this evening. They had quite the vacation. Touring around San Francisco, Pacific Highway,  Los Angeles, Grand Canyon and a two night stay at the Bellagio in Las Vegas.

We are ready for a restful vacation at home. Phew!

Thanks Sandi for getting the Daily started and showing your we have been everywhere photos.

Time to get grandchildren up and moving.

Bruce

image.jpeg.38e7b92cef0603aacb4cbec397dc3606.jpegimage.jpeg.ab89cc751391998ca8d7e37f93cbc1ae.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.917acf097a0ae513c43aec6713bef97a.jpegimage.jpeg.33dab78dcfeef5af56358044c2cc6340.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c8789c95e8976feb0da79d55663667c2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f330689690667c13336a7274d5925ac6.jpeg

I would comment on the “Facts Don’t Matter” game but anything I say will not be factual unless I talk political which will be totally factual! 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

40 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Well, it is Monday morning.

I am back at my home/office and took time yesterday to get back up to speed with what is going on. Things are slowly getting back to normal.

I am now set up again to post the initial Fleet Report and Daily thread. Like prior to leaving, I expect to have it posted just before 7 am.

I really appreciate the efforts of Roy @rafinmd and Sandi @StLouisCruisers in keeping this alive.

I hope everyone has a great week, especially those aboard the BHBs.

Roy and Sandi did you proud, Rich! They didn’t just post, they corrected and updated as needed. I really appreciate them keeping us going. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning everyone with wishes for a wonderful and healthy new week. Our daughter and husband return this evening. They had quite the vacation. Touring around San Francisco, Pacific Highway,  Los Angeles, Grand Canyon and a two night stay at the Bellagio in Las Vegas.

We are ready for a restful vacation at home. Phew!

Thanks Sandi for getting the Daily started and showing your we have been everywhere photos.

Time to get grandchildren up and moving.

Bruce

image.jpeg.38e7b92cef0603aacb4cbec397dc3606.jpegimage.jpeg.ab89cc751391998ca8d7e37f93cbc1ae.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.917acf097a0ae513c43aec6713bef97a.jpegimage.jpeg.33dab78dcfeef5af56358044c2cc6340.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c8789c95e8976feb0da79d55663667c2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f330689690667c13336a7274d5925ac6.jpeg

Love the memes again today!  And as to ports, so far about 200 no's but 400 yes's.  Good luck getting through one more day, then home for a "rest".   

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just a quick note.

We are up early so that DH can get to the Doctor in time for his 8:30 am appointment for his MOHS surgery on his scalp. Would appreciate a prayer for this procedure.

Will post more later when i have time.

God Bless,

Terri

Prayers for Jim's Mohs surgery this morning.  Hope it all goes smoothly for him.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Sandi.

Nice collection of days - particularly Police Officer’s Memorial Day.  Too many police had lost their lives needlessly and need to be remembered.  I really like today in history 👍 

It’s another brisk one this morning.  Yes, @puppycanducruisewe too got frost. 😞  Come on Mother Nature - it’s the middle of May 😬 

Good quote by Jung.  I have chicken so I’ll wait to see @dfish Debbie’s recipe suggestions.  We were in Tasmania many years ago, but I don’t recall the port being Arthur?

IMG_3530.thumb.jpeg.38d905fb3e512a0ca897f1ff2089946e.jpeg

Busy day here.  I have my guy coming that helped me with the driveway to work on my dandelions and a couple of other things that the elbow doesn’t permit.  (See?  I am being a good girl - money flies out of the house but I’m being good 😇)

then, at long last, the infamous snow tires come off.  My tire place has gotten the extractor they need to get my wheel locks off and it was the first spot they could give me.

IMG_3536.jpeg.fb893d3932b5c498e4a6a91258fac76b.jpeg

@StLouisCruisersGood luck to Ren and his team today 🤞 

@aliaschiefYou two have earned a well deserved vacation/rest from the grandchildren.  As much of a joy they may be, they are a lot of work.

@Cruzin Terri prayers for your DH and a successful procedure 🙏🏻 

Hopefully it stays decent so that when I get back Ivan and I can do a bit outside.  I am much slower than normal with the elbow but I’ll get there sooner or later. 🤞 

IMG_3537.jpeg.11a006496b18bbd7a65e5ce629d5b694.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

IMG_3495.jpeg.29cabaeaaa2626bd42733f75569f5843.jpeg

Have a great Monday everyone!!

Great news on getting those snow tires off.  And thank you for good wishes to Ren.

53 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good morning.  Prayers for Cruzin Terri’s DH surgery today.

Lovely day yesterday for the holiday.  Kids were here — DS Brian picked up our take out dinner so that was nice.  DH said to me at about 11:00 pm “I didn’t get any of the lasagna”.  Of course he did and I had to tell him he didn’t remember because he was too busy “sharing” with DD’s dog!

During the day DH said to me that he wanted to go on a cruise this summer.  He was last on a ship in February and besides weekly grocery shopping he rarely leaves the house.  So I head to the phone and the Royal Caribbean call center.  Lo and behold I actually find an accessible cabin on a ship out of Baltimore on 8/17.  Success!   

Left overs today, weather will be nice.  Have a great day.  Katherine 

Congrats on the new cruise booking!

48 minutes ago, Cat in my lap said:

Good morning!  Thanks for daily report, photos, etc!

Welcome back!  We've missed you.

43 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Well, it is Monday morning.

I am back at my home/office and took time yesterday to get back up to speed with what is going on. Things are slowly getting back to normal.

I am now set up again to post the initial Fleet Report and Daily thread. Like prior to leaving, I expect to have it posted just before 7 am.

I really appreciate the efforts of Roy @rafinmd and Sandi @StLouisCruisers in keeping this alive.

I hope everyone has a great week, especially those aboard the BHBs.

Everyone will be happy to see you posting again.

17 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Just checking to make sure I'm doing everything right before tomorrow morning.

Pos230515.thumb.png.6a1031fb8be599049c45dcb9f114b28e.png

Hurray, the ship names are back!

10 minutes ago, superoma said:

Monday May 15 care and celebration list

Crabby Patti caring for DF  who is no longer ambulatory

Jazzyv with knee and back pain but doing things

Cunnorl recovering from surgery 

Tupper10 with post op pain but doing ok

Alberta wildfires, army helping

Cruznterri’s dh mohs surgery today

Too many shooting victims every day

Citizens of Ukraine and the Sudan 

From the rotation:

RMLincoln’s DH’s sensitivity to glaucoma meds

Marshhawk ‘s leg and feet cramps

Marshhawk’s dh with continuing nose issues 

Grapau27 needing hip surgery for arthritis

Celebrations

Tana responding to medication and walking with walker

NextOne not needing any procedures, July cruise is on!

Luvteaching DH moving to rehab closer to home

Surgery date for smitty34877 DH

Father David on a pilgrimage for 3 weeks (May 21)

Bennybear feeling better

Mamaofami’s dh pneumonia free

Mamaofami with good oncology report

Rafinmd fleshing out September and November cruises

RMLincoln good eye report,  surgery date for other eye

Vict0rians dh home after surgery

All the wonderful tributes to mothers and mother figures yesterday!

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

6 days for Crazy For Cats(Zaandam 5/20 to 5/27)

Cruising 

Sharon in AZ (Volendam to 5/17) at sea

Marshhawk (Nieuw Amsterdam to 5/21)

Jazzyv cruise, Germany vacation to 5/28

Cruising sister (Nieuw Statendam to 5/28)

SusieKIslandGirl (Nieuw Statendam to5/28)

Great job Eva.  Thank you so much for posting the lists.

• Like 24

Good morning everyone!  A cool but beautiful morning here in SW Michigan.    I am going to run a few errands, especially food as we were expecting to leave tomorrow.  

@Cruzin Terri Prayers for your DH as he goes through his Mohs surgery.  For me the worst parts were the first numbing shots and then the huge bandage.    I hope they get it first pass.   

Sandi, thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports.    Jung's quote today is a good one.   I think I will like today's dish but will pass on the pricy vino.  I think I would have a hard time handing the cocktail recipe to a bartender and get a smile.    Pretty complicated.    Sandi thanks for the pictures from Tasmania, it looks like a beautiful place!

Thanks for the weekly care and celebrations lists.  Prayers for everyone on our care list and the people of Ukraine.    @StLouisCruisers I hope Ren's team does well today!  Have a nice Monday!  Nancy 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning to All!

30% prediction for rain today but we were supposed to get thunderstorms yesterday.  Not at my house!!

Chocolate is good anytime - breakfast, lunch or dinner!!  I salute the police; I could never do their jobs.

Have a great Monday everyone!!

• Like 23

Good morning, everyone.  

Oh, are my muscles aching today.  After our 3.5 mile hike at the nature center, we came home and cleared brush from the wild area at the side of the house.  Today is heavy item pickup and the brush is picked up along with that.  We still have a ways to go on cleaning out those areas, but as I told Sue, we have other months with heavy item pickup.  We also mowed the lawn.  It really needed it.

Welcome back Rich @richwmn!  

@Cruzin Terri Hope all goes well with your DH's surgery today.  Keep us posted.

@kazu Jacqui, getting those snow tires off calls for a celebration!  This has been a long time coming. 

@Denise T I'm sure you are super excited by now!  

@StLouisCruisers Here's hoping Ren's team has good referees today!   

Ok, on to dinner.  It sounds wonderful to me and I'm going to have to try it.   I would make the Tzatziki sauce well in advance to let those flavors blend.  @Cruising-along Carolyn,  you may leave the dill out.  I like the tzatziki sauce recipe from this first one.  The chicken would be ok if it wasn't coated in flour.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/tzatziki-chicken/

tzatzikichicken1.jpg.44c3427984933adf8350019982d3c62c.jpg

In this one they use a prepared tzatziki sauce.  I'd probably use the recipe from the previous selection to make that.  I like the preparation of the chicken.  https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/chicken-tzatziki-bowls/

tzatzikichicken2.thumb.jpg.ddd1f3433b04d2c753b9f6909bf2c849.jpg

This next one combines what I like about the previous two recipes.   https://livelytable.com/greek-chicken-with-tzatziki-sauce/

tzatzikichicken3.thumb.jpg.9b9dd36a31a1e90ab5e042bd4b9ad583.jpg

I also like the marinade for the chicken in this recipe.  https://www.acedarspoon.com/greek-marinated-chicken-with-tzatziki-sauce/

tzatzikichicken4.jpg.83492fff6e1fb72f25c2c82e314e227f.jpg

Bon Appetit!  

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 15

image.png.f9604686565df800f8089ab0bff24485.png

Good morning Dailyites. 

Welcome home Rich. A million thanks to our Sandi for posting the Daily while Rich was away. Thank you to our food and beverage ladies as well. 

Prayers lifted for all on our care list, and Terri wishing your DH a great outcome on his surgery today.

image.png.a81a564517b96079d92bac6b28809001.png

Our house is clean, laundry done, breakfast biscuits baking. I have the front bedroom all ready for our guests on the 23rd. Allen has a dental checkup and we will go to lunch after. Slight possibility of a rain shower. 

Wishing everyone a fruitful day.

image.png.8eb274b82e79f3bd12801962ad076226.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Good morning everyone. I am looking forward to the recipes as anything Greek gets big applause here. DD made a fantastic chocolate chip coffee cake for our dining pleasure yesterday.

It is a beautiful day here, fifty now,going up to the mid seventies. The sky is such a beautiful blue. 
It was so nice to see the pictures of all the moms yesterday. DH and I looked through old pictures of both sets of parents and grandparents for a while yesterday afternoon. I then lost him to the Celtics game. DS and DGC were texting throughout the game but called to celebrate the victory. I seem to have such avid sports fans in the family and always wonder why I never got that gene. 
Have a great day everyone.

• Like 29

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Go Ren !!! Good luck !!!

image.png.398b9f53dcd1515e66f813a30ee585b1.png

Thanks for that special good luck wish, and also to everyone's wishes for Ren.  So nice of you all.

Debbie @dfish any of those recipes look good.  When do we eat?  lol  I bet your yard is looking so much nicer.  All the neighbors must be relieved to have Debbie and Sue as their neighbors now.

• Like 20

27 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

@Cruzin Terri Prayers for your DH as he goes through his Mohs surgery.  For me the worst parts were the first numbing shots and then the huge bandage.    I hope they get it first pass.   

18 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Terri wishing your DH a great outcome on his surgery today.

21 minutes ago, dfish said:

@Cruzin Terri Hope all goes well with your DH's surgery today.  Keep us posted

22 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@Cruzin Terri, sending prayers for both Jim and  yourself. I hope all goes well.

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.

Terri

• Like 15

Good morning from a sunny ☀️ and not windy central Texas.  In fact, our neighbor's flag is hanging and not moving for a change.  It is currently 68F and will reach 83F this afternoon before the rain returns.  Now would be a great time to spray the weed killer, but I don't have time this morning.  DH has a doctor's appointment in Waco later this morning, so we'll be leaving about 9:30.

Today's quote is very true, and we should keep that in mind when dealing with others.

Again, you had me with the word chocolate, and chocolate chips are good in cookies, muffins, pies, etc.   I'll skip the sliders, but will honor the police officers killed in the line of duty.

We'll pass on the drink and the wine because it is pricey.

Sadly, we have not been to Tasmania, so I have enjoyed seeing Sandi's @StLouisCruisers pictures.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thank you again for filling in for Rich @richwmn and Roy @rafinmd and getting us going every day.  Enjoy being able to sleep later in the mornings. Sending positive thoughts for the Jaguars' game today, and that the referees on top of their game, too.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm sending good thoughts your way that your DH's MOHS procedure goes well, and they can get it all with the first pass.

@kazu  Jacqui, a glass of wine later to celebrate your getting the snow tires replaced.  Truthfully, there will be a glass or two of wine today anyway.  🤣  I'm glad your getting some help with the yard work.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, that is good news you were able to get an assessible cabin for a summer cruise.

@richwmn  Rich, I'm glad you are about settled back in the routine, and look forward to your posting the Fleet/Daily starting tomorrow.  

@aliaschief  Bruce, safe travels home tomorrow.  Enjoy your down time.

Now we know what happened to the unicorns.

345588538_944347746987738_5439905424394800017_n.jpg.7fb77f57afaf456cc378f51f3e61ce80.jpg

345849876_926750745108797_6177219408314276083_n.jpg.5c11306aa47eefbd95e7e99b5ad37e9e.jpg

345901426_6141568852586162_4522032007146945217_n.thumb.jpg.542dd65d727eeb8da30aa3fb0335692a.jpg

346449923_1037267023922662_7521301879014132758_n.thumb.jpg.d7d7b21e3f4072368852ea28e36c503e.jpg

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

Welcome home @richwmn.  Thank you Rich, Sandi, Debbie, Dixie, Ann, and Eva.  Good luck Ren and best wishes to Jim.  We did our celebration of fallen officers last weekend.  I enjoy Chocolate Chip cookies but prefer Oatmeal Raisin.  According to Wikipedia there are no White Castles in Canada and there is none within about 3 hours of me.  I have never been to Tasmania although I was booked to Hobart on the Crystal Serenity in 2020 but cancelled due to storms.  I like the Jung quote but will pass on the meal.  My alternative is Pineapple Boat, Rack of Lamb with with Tomato Couscous, and Garlic Pearls, and Black Forest Cake as served on MS Veendam May 15, 2016.

May 15, 1869 was a great day in our history.

Roy

• Like 35

Happy Monday!

If you don’t have a White Castle near you, it is easy to pick up a box of frozen ones from your local store.

IMG_7430.thumb.jpeg.4a3c070c04866b302d372188f68d5f3c.jpeg
My go to place for mini burgers 🍔 in Baltimore was called Little Tavern.  Open 24 hours a day, fresh hamburger cooked on a griddle with onions for about 75 cents.  Its motto was “buy them by the bag”.  This photo is from the movie Diner (which I highly recommend if you haven’t seen it).

IMG_7431.thumb.jpeg.f24b660460ddf991af40812adc446f63.jpeg
Positive thoughts to all who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Chocolate chips go with practically everything!  I love fresh oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, although DH prefers them with raisins.  Sliders make great appetizers, but it's tough finding the little buns to make them.  Special honour to all the fallen police officers - lately there have been way too many of them in the news.

Had a great Mother's Day yesterday; breakfast on our deck (DH wanted to take me out, but I knew the restaurants would be crazy busy), then we spent time working in the yard.  I potted the papyrus plants and plan on keeping track of their growth this year.  Last year the plants started out around 18" tall and grew to nearly 8' by the end of the season.  I had a lovely chat with our son and grandsons in Japan, then we drove across town to DH's daughter where she had a beautiful Greek meal prepared for us - ribs, salad, lemon roast potatoes, etc.   Of course, the evening there wouldn't have been complete without a few games of LRC played with quarters . . . I won twice, woo hoo!

@Cruzin Terrisending prayers for Jim and for his surgeon today.

@kazu yay for the winter tires finally coming off . . . that still doesn't explain where the extractor from your vehicle went, though.   Hmmm.

@aliaschief happy last grandsitting day to you; you've earned that cruise! 

@StLouisCruisers thanks for taking over for Rich while he was away - you've done a great job.

Today is another bright, sunny one, and I think we'll end up turning on the A/C because it's supposed to go near 30C (86F), and although we keep the windows closed, it still gets pretty warm.   Sorry to hear @puppycanducruise and @kazuare still having frost; I hope the warmth we're having makes it's way to you soon!  Yesterday DH spent a couple of hours putting up solar lights in the pergola, and when they came on last night, we discovered he'd put them up too high, and we can't see them from the deck.  Oops.  

I think I'd try to make the drink of the day into a punch for guests, would LOVE to try today's wine if someone bought it for me, and I know we're going to enjoy today's menu suggestion, as we both love tzatziki, just not today.  We've still got a lot of leftovers from our barbecue the other night, so we'll be enjoying burgers, dilled potatoes and crudites on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all!

Our last few hours in Yellowstone before flying home this afternoon. We’re going to make a quick run into the park (our cabin is just outside the north entrance). 

Yesterday was another nice day, we saw 2 more bears! That makes 5 this trip. It was another mama black bear with one cub. They were playing and eating in the woods. We also spent more time around Old Faithful and the geysers there. A repeat of 50 years ago, we waited for 2 hours for Grand to erupt. 50 years ago we waited 2 hours in a thunderstorm but it came through and it was spectacular!! We haven’t seen it erupt since. This time we and dozens of other people gave up after a couple hours. It was fun talking to others from all over the country though. 

A few photos from yesterday. 

IMG_0624.thumb.jpeg.3cf150091a080301f48cead1f5f88d3a.jpeg

IMG_0631.thumb.jpeg.e3073806530f768cebaacdc22f347f3b.jpegOld Faithful Inn off in the distance. 

IMG_0636.thumb.jpeg.f1d5873ed3ea2131d20fbfbef5890c87.jpegOld Faithful

IMG_0639.thumb.jpeg.54cbbc2f72a7a101a9906605909d285d.jpeg

IMG_0643.thumb.jpeg.5308a1e19151030cad1b8eece33255bc.jpegGibbon Falls

IMG_0655.thumb.jpeg.959ccaa3dd8c2f10dd71991d44bd9cff.jpegMama bear in woods 

IMG_0656.thumb.jpeg.0cf0bbaefecb61c9f99bb0c98cdf5c00.jpeg

She kept moving behind trees, and the baby was too tiny and active to get a photo. 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2