The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday May 15th, 2023

@Cruzin Terri Blessings to Terri and Jim for quick and complete healing. 🙏. Great that Jim only needed one pass. 

@kazuGlad the tires are finally off Jacqui!  Hope it doesn’t snow for several months!  

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, you’ve done an Amazing job for us all!  Many thanks!  Sorry for Ren and the Jags. Where next?  It might rain a bit tomorrow in MD, hope that’s not a problem for them. 

I had a better day yesterday!  DH had loving cards and thoughtful appreciation for me as an important part of his children’s and especially the grandchildren’s lives and our future. Plus (drum roll…) both stepsons from my fist marriage called and we had warm extended chats!  They’re in their early 50s now, maybe life is giving them some perspective. 

Blessings to all in need, and joy to all celebrating!  Smooth travels to those away and on cruises. Thinking of @marshhawk and hoping they are enjoying their time in Alaska!  
And blessings for safety and inspiration for Fr David. I hope we’ll get an update or a report eventually. 

DH is finally doing better!  He’s been on just 1 eye drop med for a couple of weeks and the itching is more manageable (been a yr+).  Tomorrow the (rather expensive) home tonometer should arrive and we should be able to begin monitoring eye pressures while he awaits the August 1 surgery for the other eye. 🤞

The tzatziki chicken sounds like a winner. The Brunello was too heavy for me even back when I could drink reds, not to mention pricey!  I’ll pass. 

Port Arthur is a fascinating place, geologically and historically. Thanks for all the pictures. 

Blessings for Alberta and Ukraine. Loved hearing about @ger_77 Gerry’s visit with their new friends!  86F is a long way from the -40F not all that long ago!  Enjoy that deck!  

Thanks to you all for being here!  Maureen

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  Our sunny skies have given way to increasing and darker clouds, with not much wind.  There is a 50% chance of rain and thunderstorms later this afternoon and into tomorrow.  At least we had good weather to go into Waco this morning.  We also took advantage of being there to do a little shopping.  Since we've been home, I've been trying to catch up on things.

Carolyn, again thanks for all your wonderful pictures.  I hope this afternoon's flight is on-time and easy.

Terri, I'm glad they only had to make one pass to get everything.  I also hope you can get some help for the next two weeks.

Robert, thanks for your pictures from today's port.  The last picture reminds me of some of the formations in Iceland and Ireland like the Giants Causeway.

Jake, I loved the meme, and it's so true.  I hope the week goes quickly and that you have a great cruise.

Anne, I'm sorry about the nosebleeds and the headache.  I hope the woman your neighbor recommended can help. If not, remember your friends will understand if somethings are quite as you'd like them.  Glad you were able to get a good deal on a cruise.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm sorry the Jaguars lost today.  Sometimes, such a loss can provide a valuable lesson for the team.  

Lenda

Thank you Lenda! Flight is on time so far! I was randomly chosen for a pat down which wasn’t pleasant though. 
We were able to have a few more hours in the park and saw our 6th bear this trip. 😄

• Like 20

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Let me be the one and only bad news bearer of the day.  The Jags lost a while ago 3 to 2.  Everytime the Jags scored the other side did shortly afterwards.  It's like they forgot to play the game and let up on the pressure for a few minutes.  Then there was about one minute left in the game and the other side scored a third time, leaving no time to come back.  I suppose they deserved to lose if they didn't put 100% into it.  Hopefully they will learn something from today and that is to play full force the entire game.  That can be the moral of the day.

In better news, I've just about finished the third page (of my new photo book) since I started this morning.  Feeling better about it because I only got one finished yesterday!

Sandi I'm sorry the Jags lost today. Ren can't be the whole team, someone else needs to get forward!

Would you post a picture of one of your picture pages? I'm very interested in what you are doing.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

I have booked several cruises with the Early Booking Bonus, best part is that it includes Crew Appreciation.

And the elite bev package & the Premium Internet 😉. It’s a good deal at the same price as regular HIA

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

I often book an obstructed view(least expensive  verandah) and use CO to upgrade to my favorite aft verandah category.  Often adding CO is less expensive than what the upgraded verandah would have cost me, particularly if the cruise is longer than 14 days when the daily cost of CO goes down to $15 per day instead of $25 per day.   If on a Pinnacle class ship (which the NA isn’t) I still add CO for the dedicated dining room.

So agree with adding CO for the dining room.  I booked the room I wanted for our October cruise and after being on the K, I wanted that dining room.  It was a wash with the perks I would have lost (early booking bonus I guess?) so I kept my room and still bought CO.  The service in the CO dining room was worth it for me.

Let me be the one and only bad news bearer of the day.  The Jags lost a while ago 3 to 2. 

Sorry they lost. 😔 you can’t win them all.  

In better news, I've just about finished the third page (of my new photo book) since I started this morning.  Feeling better about it because I only got one finished yesterday!

Well done 👍 

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

And I am trying to get a woman in to help me clean the house that a neighbour recommended, I called her on Saturday and left a message, but she hasn't called back.

Hang in there - hopefully she can help you and if not, I would like to think your friends would understand.  They aren’t coming to buy the house - they are coming to see you! 

I noticed that there is a special HIA when you book with the Early Booking Sale, so we are going to book a Panama Canal cruise for 2024, on the NA

Nice!!  Enjoy 🙂 

I think HIA is a better deal than Club Orange, if the HIA is still $50 a day.

For me, they are two different things.  CO is little use on a signature ship but HIA deal for early booking is really good IMO.

8 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

@kazuGlad the tires are finally off Jacqui!  Hope it doesn’t snow for several months!  

They are off now, finally.  that’s a story for another day 😂 

I had a better day yesterday!  DH had loving cards and thoughtful appreciation for me as an important part of his children’s and especially the grandchildren’s lives and our future. Plus (drum roll…) both stepsons from my fist marriage called and we had warm extended chats!  They’re in their early 50s now, maybe life is giving them some perspective. 

How very nice ♥️

DH is finally doing better!  He’s been on just 1 eye drop med for a couple of weeks and the itching is more manageable (been a yr+).  Tomorrow the (rather expensive) home tonometer should arrive and we should be able to begin monitoring eye pressures while he awaits the August 1 surgery for the other eye. 🤞

that is so good to hear 👍.  Hoping the monitor helps 🤞 

• Like 20

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda we were at Fish City sitting on the patio,  almost finished with late lunch. The storm came in quickly, lightning and thunder,  then a deluge!! Wait staff ran out and got our food and drinks to move inside. A few moments later the electric went out. The whole shopping plaza went dark. We ordered another drink and waited for the storm to calm a bit so we could get to our car without soaking. We came home... No rain!!!

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Sitting at emergency vet now with Fluff. She’s breathing hard 🙏

OH NO 😞 Prayers for Fluff and you 🙏🏻 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

@Cruzin Terri Blessings to Terri and Jim for quick and complete healing. 🙏. Great that Jim only needed one pass. 

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, you’ve done an Amazing job for us all!  Many thanks!  Sorry for Ren and the Jags. Where next?  It might rain a bit tomorrow in MD, hope that’s not a problem for them. 

Blessings to all in need, and joy to all celebrating!  Smooth travels to those away and on cruises. Thinking of @marshhawk and hoping they are enjoying their time in Alaska!  
And blessings for safety and inspiration for Fr David. I hope we’ll get an update or a report eventually. 

The tzatziki chicken sounds like a winner. The Brunello was too heavy for me even back when I could drink reds, not to mention pricey!  I’ll pass. 

Port Arthur is a fascinating place, geologically and historically. Thanks for all the pictures. 

Blessings for Alberta and Ukraine. Loved hearing about @ger_77 Gerry’s visit with their new friends!  86F is a long way from the -40F not all that long ago!  Enjoy that deck!  

Maureen, I'm glad you DH is doing better.  It's about time.  I'm also glad you got some nice visits with your stepsons and the nice card from your DH.

49 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you Lenda! Flight is on time so far! I was randomly chosen for a pat down which wasn’t pleasant though. 
We were able to have a few more hours in the park and saw our 6th bear this trip. 😄

Carolyn, good that you had more time in Yellowstone, and that the plane is on time.  Sorry about the pat-down.

34 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda we were at Fish City sitting on the patio,  almost finished with late lunch. The storm came in quickly, lightning and thunder,  then a deluge!! Wait staff ran out and got our food and drinks to move inside. A few moments later the electric went out. The whole shopping plaza went dark. We ordered another drink and waited for the storm to calm a bit so we could get to our car without soaking. We came home... No rain!!!

Joy, the storm just came through here.  It was predicted for 4 pm and arrived about 4:20.  We had high winds and heavy rain, then, it was over in about ten minutes.

4 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Dr said she’s a very sick girl. Fluid in her lungs and chest . W  is lol try oxygen and medication and admit her. I’m not ready to say goodbye 💔

I'm so sorry about Fluff and the diagnosis.  I hope the oxygen, and medication will help.  It's always hard to say goodbye, and I hope you don't have too any time soon.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

For dinner I'm making a casserole of quinoa, cremini mushrooms, and shallots. It's "not quite tricolor" quinoa from Misfits: there is a standard formula for tricolor quinoa and this batch has the proportion of colors wrong. At a glance it appears to have too much black quinoa and not enough red.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Dr said she’s a very sick girl. Fluid in her lungs and chest . W  is lol try oxygen and medication and admit her. I’m not ready to say goodbye 💔

I’m so sorry to hear this news.  Let’s hope the treatment plan works.  We are never ready to say goodbye. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Hugs for you and Fluff.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good evening. Sending good wishes to little Fluff.

Today has been a busy day as I get ready to go down to Farmington, NM for dog shows starting on Wednesday. Yes, the Farmington NM that is in the news tonight for a mass shooting with at least 3 dead. I just can't even begin to comment on my feelings right now.

Susan

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10

Just scanning the Daily I see many things I'd like to comment on but chose these three for right now.  I will try to finish up reading afterwards.

3 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Maureen, you asked where Ren's team goes next.  Saturday (May 20) is Indianapolis, the following weekend is Memorial Day weekend and nothing on the schedule except for Ren's older brother is graduating from high school on Friday May 26, and then to Chicago area on Sunday, June 4.  DH and I are heading to Michigan for the graduation for Kai of course.  Good news about your DH!

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Sandi I'm sorry the Jags lost today. Ren can't be the whole team, someone else needs to get forward!

Would you post a picture of one of your picture pages? I'm very interested in what you are doing.

Thanks Joy!  I think the defense needs some work.  Former Tiger player Lucas is the best player on defense, but he can't do it all either!  

Yes, here is a screenshot of a 2 page spread for Alter do Chao for you to see.  I actually did 5 pages today which helps with my average.  Yesterday was terrible but I was busy on Mother's Day!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI97nOPBhPjx3hbpW3j5YNnVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1684195111

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

This is very distressing news.  I really hope Fluff can be helped so you don't have to say goodbye too soon.  Prayers for you and your precious Fluff.🙏

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

At this point I really can’t catch up with all the well wishes and prayers for DH today.  Therefore all I can say is a big THANK YOU for all the lovely messages I received today.

Jim is doing well and feeling okay.

i will keep you al updated.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 17

10 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

We are back home.

They only had to do one pass and the surrounding site was clean.  So Jim has a pressure bandage on and has to limit activities for two weeks.  The site is on his scalp.  So no bending or lifting or any strenuous activity.  As if I needed more to do!

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. 

Terri

That's the best news you could get!

8 hours ago, Mtn2Sea said:

We were in Port Arthur, Tasmania, this past February while aboard the Zuiderdam.  We took an afternoon tour that showed the coastline and various rock formations created through the ocean’s wave actions.  One of the more historic sites was the Tessellated Pavement.  Mudstone, limestone, salt, and waves came together to create a rock platform that looks similar to pavers.  We also saw the Tasman Arch and the Devil’s Kitchen as well as an area with a blowhole. 

One of the prison building we saw on our walk from the tender dock to the bus.

C8B49089-5997-4E0E-AC1C-8E7FDA306B32.thumb.jpeg.24612bb6c51926a173932b2023c26056.jpeg

Tessellated Pavement

E5C83F25-A8A1-4D20-A3C2-BE1F3F979C1B.thumb.jpeg.a755473f909cd91173121e5fad737f6a.jpeg

B6B66E9F-BC33-4061-AAE2-C7E90803A446.thumb.jpeg.8131857a60f5cbd2880cccb11e2e1952.jpeg

Tasman Arch

A1C436BA-187D-49D2-87EE-11E5E6BD0EFB.thumb.jpeg.87723c3b971ede5e5d0688f88047b905.jpeg

Devil’s Kitchen

C68CD885-7A35-4D42-9961-E3888F33ADDA.thumb.jpeg.efd683ad587c8638f710178c08347b11.jpeg

Blowhole area, but not enough wave action on the day we visited.

E7174A8E-051C-4101-ADBF-DE7FBE13A979.thumb.jpeg.08b8faef04bf41f4b8b95dc312b9b100.jpeg

Coastline

B0F49771-1160-4C97-A377-E26A73691D8A.thumb.jpeg.bbef187b8dbfba0359bccf745610033d.jpeg

Cape Raoul Tasman Peninsula

AB09FDFD-999E-46A5-8C07-D7D9342979E1.thumb.jpeg.9c8cc2a47286386243dce0bcc4ca7e29.jpeg

More proof that Tasmania is a unique and beautiful place.  Thanks for your great photos.

7 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites!  Another interesting day here on CC, the meal looks good, I love tzatziki, and it goes really well with calamari.   We're both feeling a bit frantic here, we have visitors arriving on Saturday so there's lots to do to get ready, Pat is not allowed to lift, and now I am getting nosebleeds and still have this nasty headache.  Hard to concentrate, I am working on a shopping list, that's as far as I have gotten...  And I am trying to get a woman in to help me clean the house that a neighbour recommended, I called her on Saturday and left a message, but she hasn't called back.

Terri, I think MOHS is amazing, hope it is a great success for your DH.  I'm having extra to do in my DH's place, too, but he's worth it.  I'm sure yours is, too!

I was looking at cruises, too, yesterday.  I noticed that there is a special HIA when you book with the Early Booking Sale, so we are going to book a Panama Canal cruise for 2024, on the NA I think HIA is a better deal than Club Orange, if the HIA is still $50 a day.

Screenshot2023-05-14at3_48_36PM.thumb.jpeg.96a55fa79fa27360984253dc98d95bd1.jpeg

Your continuing headache and the nosebleeds worry me.  It might be a good idea to see your doctor.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

It.'s  a pleaasant sunny Autumn day.

A childhood friend joined the Police Force,  sadly he was killed shortly after graduating from Police College.

We have been twice to Port Arthur, an interesting historical place to visit.

@Vict0riann   we are concerned about your headache and nosebleeds, have you made an appointment to see your doctor this week?

@1ANGELCAT  sorry to read about Fluff, hopefully will respond to the treatment 

@Cruzin Terri  good news re Jim   Best wishes for his recovery.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2