The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday June 19th, 2023

richwmn

Juneteenth

Today is National Martini Day, National Pets in Film Day, and Take Your Cat to Work Day

What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other? - George Eliot

Meal Suggestion for today - Vegetarian Chili
Drink of the Day - El Tesoro Tommys Margarita
Wine of the Day - Bodegas Resalte de Peñafiel Ribera del Duero de Restia Crianza Selected Harvest
Destination of the Day - Puerto Madryn, Argentina

Today in History:
1829 Robert Peel introduces the Metropolitan Police Act 1829 into Parliament to establish a unified police force for London, the city's 1st modern police force

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 22:00

Koningsdam

Tracy Arm Fjord/Juneau, Alaska 09:00 - 09:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska eta 6-20

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Bergen, Norway eta 6-20

Noordam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 15:00 - 18:00

Oosterdam

Rhodes Island, Greece 08:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

Eidfjord, Norway Hardangerfjord 07:00 - 15:00

Volendam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 10:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 6-20

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada eta 6-20

Zuiderdam

Hammerfest, Norway 0700-1300

0619Alaska.thumb.png.fda79a05c3535da403f33fb4511af4fb.png

0619Atlantic.thumb.png.0253536f1fb9e26f9c139f551218703a.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 16

Today’s Care list:

Smitty34877’s DH needing further surgery and chemotherapy

Summer slope with a health issue

Srdamcer with C. Diff infection

Marshhawk recovering from Covid 

Victims of bus crash in Manitoba

Two PA State Troopers shot - 1 deceased, 1 in serious condition

Canadian wildfires and tornado victims in Texas

Shooting victims again

Citizens of Ukraine, dam explosion with flooding

From the rotation:

57redbird’s cousin with glioblastoma

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Scrapnana getting chemotherapy

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Juneteenth 
Welcome home Norseh2o!

Good luck to StLouisCruiser’s Ren and team pm Tuesday

RMLincoln’s DH with good eye pressure readings

Sharon in AZ at Mt Lemmon for a week

Catmando became a non-smoker and marshhawk cutting down

Luvteaching’s DH showing continued improvement

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

Cruising/At Sea:

2 days for Cruzin Terri (Oceania Marina June 21 to July 23)

aliaschief (Azamara Journey to June 28)

• Like 26
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Sunny and mild here today - I think summer is near. 🙂

Love the quote.

The meal sounds interesting.  Hope the drink and wine are tasty too.

Prayers for everyone.

Bertie and I are heading out for a walk soon.  I hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 27

Good afternoon where it is  sunny and 68°F.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich.

Thanks in advance to our  food and beverage and list providers.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Robert Peel  was  home secretary in 1829 when he created the Metropolitan police to protect the people of London under the control of the home secretary.

He later became chancellor of the Exchequer and twice prime minister.

I hope everyone has had a nice weekend.

I wish everyone a safe and wonderful day.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 5

Good morning friends!  It's a stormy morning here in Georgia for me, Annie @marshhawk and our Publisher and Editor Rich @richwmn.  Temp for me is around 66F with lightning and thunder.  We may reach 80 later with chances of rain all day.  Happy Juneteenth!

Some interesting days to celebrate/honor including Take Your Cat to Work Day!  Really?  I wonder how that would work out for you?  National Martini Day sounds like a good one, and what does Pets in Film Day mean?  I guessing things like Marley and Me or Lassie.  Well congrats to all animals in film!

The quote is pretty good, and the vegetarian chili okay but might seem like it's missing something to me.  Too bad we don't have a martini for our cocktail on National Martini Day. 🍸 I have no clue what the wine is but maybe a shorter name for it might be a good idea.  The day in history was a good thing for the people of London back in 1829.  Many thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for presenting us with our Food and Beverage reports each day.❤️

Thanks to  @JazzyV for the Care and Celebration lists.  Will begin prayers for everyone involved and those close to me personally who are in need.  🙏  Congrats to those with happiness in their lives and cruises to enjoy.  Big congrats to Ren's team the Michigan Jaguars U16 for winning another tough game last night.  Root for him tomorrow at 8:30 am central, 9:30 am eastern.  Go Ren!

The port today is Puerto Madryn, Argentina.  We had that port here on Dec. 25, 2021 and Dec. 21, 2022.  Why not have it here in June, too?  I haven't been there, but think it may have been removed from one of my cruise itineraries before.  Here are the links to those dates for your convenience in retrieving your photos.  

Hoping for a safe day in Georgia and a great day for everyone here!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

El Tesoro Tommys Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts El Tesoro® Blanco Tequila
¾ part Lime Juice
¾ part Agave Syrup
Garnish: Lime, Spicy Salt

Instructions
Rim glasses with spicy salt. Build ingredients over ice and stir. Serve on the rocks and garnish with a lime wheel.

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 7.12.18 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 10

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's a stormy morning here in Georgia for me, Annie @marshhawk and our Publisher and Editor Rich @richwmn.  Temp for me is around 66F with lightning and thunder.  We may reach 80 later with chances of rain all day.  Happy Juneteenth!

Some interesting days to celebrate/honor including Take Your Cat to Work Day!  Really?  I wonder how that would work out for you?  National Martini Day sounds like a good one, and what does Pets in Film Day mean?  I guessing things like Marley and Me or Lassie.  Well congrats to all animals in film!

The quote is pretty good, and the vegetarian chili okay but might seem like it's missing something to me.  Too bad we don't have a martini for our cocktail on National Martini Day. 🍸 I have no clue what the wine is but maybe a shorter name for it might be a good idea.  The day in history was a good thing for the people of London back in 1829.  Many thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for presenting us with our Food and Beverage reports each day.❤️

Thanks to  @JazzyV for the Care and Celebration lists.  Will begin prayers for everyone involved and those close to me personally who are in need.  🙏  Congrats to those with happiness in their lives and cruises to enjoy.  Big congrats to Ren's team the Michigan Jaguars U16 for winning another tough game last night.  Root for him tomorrow at 8:30 am central, 9:30 am eastern.  Go Ren!

The port today is Puerto Madryn, Argentina.  We had that port here on Dec. 25, 2021 and Dec. 21, 2022.  Why not have it here in June, too?  I haven't been there, but think it may have been removed from one of my cruise itineraries before.  Here are the links to those dates for your convenience in retrieving your photos.  

Hoping for a safe day in Georgia and a great day for everyone here!

Congratulations to Ren and his team.

Go Ren,good luck for tomorrow's game.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning/afternoon, Basically today is a sea day as we won’t arrive at our next port Nantes, France until 6:00 PM. We will spend two nights there. It’s been mainly overcast today but I see we are headed for some blue sky.

They have a lot of activities on board and I believe it’s  because all the entertainers work different task throughout the day. Today one of the dancers was hosting trivia. House band was playing at Brunch while the other band was playing at pool deck. So there is a lot to do if you want to participate though we pretty much entertain ourselves. The Owners Suite must have not sold for this leg as they had a Special Bingo last night and the winner won the suite for the rest of the cruise. Like Hal of old you receive points for participation in games which are redeemable for shop merchandise.

Our French Chef’s Table was very good as expected. Today was The Brunch Extravaganza and we ate lightly with a couple of sushi pieces and shrimp. They really do a great job. My photos from last nights’s dinner have not yet synced from phone to I Pad so maybe later pics for our foodies.

Life is very good! Merci!

Thanks for the reports.

Bruce

image.jpeg.044941ec5acd2452b1116d264516ed7a.jpegimage.jpeg.21bc171270ca7fe0243e38a0b6c52da8.jpegimage.jpeg.1c41d23077fee264fb09f97b915af1d1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8e532d67b04ad8f6bc92ceca75dac9e2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.37fcbc6251c9eedb729491a12f0931a7.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Haha 13

It's National Martini Day, not National Pseudotini Day. None of my pets has ever been in a film, and I've never taken my cat to work. Two co-workers have brought their dogs recently. One takes the dog everywhere; the other's dog had a grooming appointment. Both dogs are escape artists and we have to keep all the interior doors closed when they're in the building.

Classic chili supposedly contained no beans, while vegetarian chili is mostly beans, isn't it? No on the cocktail and I have no idea what the wine is. I'll counter with Lakewood Vineyards Reserve Cabernet Franc. I haven't been to Puerto Madryn.

IIRC, officers of the Metropolitan Police were once referred to as Peelers, but it is not true that Robert Peel invented the vegetable peeler.

I've been awake since 4:45 a.m. and I don't like it at all.

spareparts.thumb.jpg.2242faf6636592f1ecef92e5760d81ca.jpg

• Like 20
  • Haha 14

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! A lovely morning after another rainy night. Bindi & I got caught in a pop-up deluge last night. My sandals are still damp from getting soaked. Good thing Bindi enjoys being towel dried. 

Vanessa, thank you keeping our lists so meticulously. Gym, Bindi walks, chores and then dinner with friends. Possibly some pool time - if I can fit it in and the weather cooperates. 

IMG_1419.jpeg.ba2dd11c500a3595fa69687287c6b1ad.jpeg

IMG_1420.jpeg.d1d79a3c5c2bfa3374463b359b2f60e3.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Bodegas Resalte de Peñafiel Ribera del Duero de Restia Crianza Selected Harvest 2019

We are lucky the price of this Tempranillo isn’t determined by the number of letters in its name. I used the 2019 vintage info, since that should be the easiest to find. A few online distributors with prices starting at $23.22.

Winemaker Notes

#23 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2021

This maturing red is beautifully balanced, showing fresh, ripe fruit flavors of black cherry and blackberry, with deeper notes of cedar, tobacco, mineral and spice.

WS93 Wine Spectator
This maturing red is beautifully balanced, with fresh, ripe fruit flavors of black cherry and blackberry, and deeper notes of cedar, tobacco, mineral and spice. The firm tannins are softening, yet this remains fresh and focused through the long finish. Tempranillo.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 3

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

It will be a warm one day, almost up to 90. We have an air quality alert which is normal for this area around this time. 

I work from home a lot, so my cats are always at work with me. Mind you they don't help out or anything, just lay there and sleep and come yell at me when they are hungry. Oh well. 

Working from home today grading assignments. I will be editing my podcasts today as well. Hope to get outside for a bit of sun. 

Thinking of you all today. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

• Like 30

IMG_7557.png.0b3d12bd3d3b07e28c87e821a6ae1098.png

Thank you for the F & D.  I look forward to the pictures from Puerto Madryn.  We will be there in February and have arranged for a private tour of El Pedral Reseva 🐧🐧🐧

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising. 

• Like 24

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports @richwmn.     I will pass on the Martini,  no pets to put on film or bring to work.  Today's quote by George Eliot is a good one, I wish more people followed those words.  Some people go out of their way to make other people's lives miserable.  I have been to Puerto Madryn which was in February on the Volendam.  

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations reports @JazzyV.  Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine.  @StLouisCruisersgood luck to Ren and the Jaguars this morning.  

Nice to see a new player win the US Open. It took some getting used to watching gf end at 10 pm here on Saturday.  Congratulations to R. Clark. 

February 10 Puerto Madryn.  We did a HA excursion to a sheep farm and a sea lion beach.  Not far from the marine area we traveled inland to a desert area with massive sheep farms and a view of a beach loaded with sea lions. We saw Rias, a Patagonian fox and many partridge like birds on our drive.  A very pleasant city to visit. 

IMG_20230208_131947792.jpg

IMG_20230208_131634246.jpg

IMG_20230208_125639580.jpg

IMG_20230208_121751423_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230208_112817497_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230208_104536484.jpg

IMG_20230208_095754284.jpg

IMG_20230208_095427863_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230208_095607877_HDR.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.Happy Juneteeth.It is another nice day expected  to go to 80 later.

We have not been to the port,make vegetarian  chili a lot and  never took any of our dogs and cats to work.

Congratulations  to Ren and his team!I hope today's  game goes well.Our DGC were at a tournament  this weekend but neither team advanced to the final.

@Cruzin Terri, so glad your clothes joined you in London.Enjoy your cruise!

Today we are meeting with the oncologist  and DD will come with us.She and DSIL have been so helpful helping us negotiate the medical industrial complex.

Edited by smitty34877
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon from London.

Happy Juneteenth.  Here in the UK it is not a holiday.  

I thought I would be out and about today but we are both just bone tired.  I took a nap yesterday afternoon for 2 1/2 hours and then slept 12 hours last night and I could go back to bed now and sleep some more.

We are going to get our wine today and that’s about it. Just trying to get in gear.  

Tomorrow we will spend the day out and about.

Prayers for all.

Terri

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

It is a beautiful start to our day here in mid-Michigan.  We have a forecasted high of 80F and abundant sunshine.  Our walk this morning should be very pleasant.  We didn't do what we had planned for yesterday.  That is the nice things about retirement.  Plans can change on a whim.  We ended up doing our neighborhood walk and then I weeded the garden for a while and Sue did some touch up painting on the house.  I told her to limit it to what others could see, not to what only we would see because we knew what to look for.  That brought her down off the ladder.  We'll probably do much the same today except we do have to work in a trip to the grocery store.  

We had a pleasant time with our neighbors up the street.  They have an interesting home that is in the mid-century modern style.  Tons of windows look out on a forest.  The yard is all natural, so no grass to mow.  The trees help keep the house cool in the summer, but with all the windows it is a bear to heat in the winter time.  I quickly learned in our house how to use the shades and curtains to help hold in heat.  

Today's meal sounds good, but would be better on a cool night next fall.  Carrot lovers will like this recipe.  https://cookieandkate.com/vegetarian-chili-recipe/

vegetarianchili1.thumb.jpg.c868552cf23cd9bc1d26d12a57064304.jpg

This next one uses sweet potatoes and corn for some bulk.   https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/best-vegetarian-chili-recipe/

vegetarianchili2.jpg.f82e802d64dd3875cb1a6ad9daf756d5.jpg

The seasoning is different on this one and I think I'd like it except for the carrots.  Easily left out!   https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a58719/easy-vegetarian-chili-recipe/

vegetarianchili3.jpg.f6b98111a086373086abe4885b5b48fc.jpg

I liked the seasoning in this one.  It has directions for the Instant Pot as well as the slow cooker.  https://www.cookincanuck.com/instant-pot-vegetarian-chili-recipe/

vegetarianchili4.thumb.jpg.3eede85eeaa0d0221f24f9aaac67af3a.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Good morning,

I have grandkids again today as their preschool is closed for Juneteenth. DGS is still sleeping so I am enjoying the peace and quiet. Unfortunately the kids lost out on the house. The other party had an all cash offer. I think they will take a break from looking. 

I like the quote today and feel it is pretty much what I do each day. I have been to todays port but can’t find the pictures. No on food and drink. 

Prayers to all in need and have a great day. 

• Like 26

Good Morning, thanks for today’s report.  It’s a beautiful day here and I wish I had the day off, DH does.  Since I’m working from home it’s easy to celebrate bring your cats to work day.  They’d pitch a fit if I took them into the office.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good, although my preference has meat.  Tonight we will have steak since DH is home to cook.   I hope everyone has a good day today.
image.thumb.png.0637edb7c7a78a1c853fe7f7eaa190a2.png

• Like 13
  • Haha 17