The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday June 27th, 2023

richwmn

16 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning everyone, 

Thank you for all the kind thoughts. DH Phil passed away at 3:30 AM today. I got a call from the hospital a few minutes later. I'm at peace with things. We had some great adventures and he had a good life filled with family and travel. 

@rafinmd and others know that going to the concert was a true gift and I'm so glad we got to do it. We did have the Eurodam cruise but I moved it to next year along with the Discovery Princess one in August. The Westerdam one in September is paid for and I'm thinking I'll go on that one. 

DS is going to stop at the hospital this morning and get the few belongings that are there and he'll be here in an hour or so. I've talked to my Mom (almost 97 and a going concern) and she's spreading the news in Canada. It helps me out and makes her feel that she's being useful. I'm planning to stay home today as I haven't had a day at home in months and start taking care of what I can from here. Lots of notifications, etc. He wanted to be cremated and for us to have a party so will do that and party later in the summer. 

Thank you everyone! I'll check in during the day. 

Karen

Karen

Thank you for letting us know. Praying that you & Jeff find comfort in the wonderful memories you all shared. 

I love the idea of your September cruise. 

• Like 18

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  PT called yesterday, I'm going in this morning.

I am so glad o hear this.  Best wishes for your PT.

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

He continues to lose muscle mass in his rear legs according to her and thinks that he will be gone by April because, although healthy, his rear legs will be the problem. Sort of a blessing in disguise she discovered what feels like a mass on his spleen.

I am sorry to hear this Jack but bless you for giving him the care he needs and trying to insure his quality of life. ♥️ 

He’s a beautiful dog.

23 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning everyone, 

Thank you for all the kind thoughts. DH Phil passed away at 3:30 AM today. I got a call from the hospital a few minutes later. I'm at peace with things. We had some great adventures and he had a good life filled with family and travel. 

Oh Karen, I am so, so sorry to read this 😢 Bless your son for being there and helping and your Mother for making some of those painful calls.

And bless you for taking such wonderful care of Phil ♥️. My deepest condolences to you and my prayers for you, your family & Phil 🙏🏻. I pray that down the road you can take some solace in your memories together and fulfilling Phil’s wishes.   Hugs to you across the miles.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Edit: Just saw Karen’s post. Our hearts are with you as you process this sad loss. Thanks for telling us. m—

Lifting up @luvteaching Karen, Phil and Jeff, family and Care team. Send you all Love and Light. 
@smitty34877 👍 for Lou!  Hoping you see him chipper today. 
 @Vict0riann May you soon learn how to mitigate the headaches and see Pat on a path forward. Same wishes for @catmando and Annie. @ottahand7 glad Nancy you managed your trip into town ok and John was able to take part of the shopping, and back home to rest that toe. @kochleffel I hope the kitties come out soon!  

Nawiliwili is such a tricky port with its zig-zag entrance. We were there a few times by ship but my first visit to The Garden Island was in the mid 70s with my mom. We walked to the Coco Palms to see their elaborate twilight lighting of the torches done by young men runners who twirled a flaming torch timed perfectly to touch each torch as they ran the perimeter of the property. 

The first time DH and I cruised there we were on Diamond Princess. It was an uncomfortable crossing behind a storm. We pitched for 4 days. That storm closed Nawiliwili a few days before we hit there.  An NCL ship was forced to leave the harbor (I,e. harbour for Graham and others) before they wouldn’t be able to get out. They left 600 people on the island including 100 crew. Those folks were put up in hotels overnight then flown by NCL to the next island port. It’s such a tight place to navigate. But beautiful. 

My father’s cousin was blind. She lived and taught at a boarding school for the blind, and in the 60s she would spend a week with us every summer. As kids we were fascinated by her adaptations of daily living. Her pocket watch had no glass cover so she could feel the hands and the numerals which were in braille. We’d sit outside on the front porch steps watching her punch braille letters to her friends. Her “claim to fame” was that she was once a substitute secretary to Helen Keller! One of our favorite outings with her was taking her to the beach where she thoroughly absorbed the taste, feel and sounds. She died 50 years ago in her 80s. She is a very special memory for me. 

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope. My DH is back to struggling with the itchy eyes. He’s been walking outside recently and we’re thinking that the eye meds allergy might have been triggered again by grass pollen allergies. It had been so much better for a time but that’s changed now. Still on track for the eye pressure-reducing stent surgery Aug 1. 🤞

🎉 Cheers for all the celebrations, Life is Good!  
Smooth travels to all away. Everybody pay attention to where your feet are!  Have a blessed day! 
Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report. I hope everyone has a wonderful day! 

IMG_0095.JPG

This is a very unusual photo. It makes you wonder why all the people in the back are in firefighter outfits including air tanks. I hope it was just a drill. 

I just wanted to say that I am doing better. I forced myself to go out kayaking last night. While I wasn't up to my racing self I was able to do most of the route even in the heat advisory conditions. Today I tried weed eating and got one batter of work done before the heat got to me. Thank you for your concern. 

• Like 20

53 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning everyone, 

@rafinmd and others know that going to the concert was a true gift and I'm so glad we got to do it. We did have the Eurodam cruise but I moved it to next year along with the Discovery Princess one in August. The Westerdam one in September is paid for and I'm thinking I'll go on that one. 

DS is going to stop at the hospital this morning and get the few belongings that are there and he'll be here in an hour or so. I've talked to my Mom (almost 97 and a going concern) and she's spreading the news in Canada. It helps me out and makes her feel that she's being useful. I'm planning to stay home today as I haven't had a day at home in months and start taking care of what I can from here. Lots of notifications, etc. He wanted to be cremated and for us to have a party so will do that and party later in the summer. 

Karen

Thoughts and prayers for your loss. Wonderful memories last forever.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning everyone, 

Karen

I am so sorry for the passing of your DH Phil.   You did such a wonderful job caring for him and find peace in knowing he passed knowing how much he was loved.   May your memories, especially of the last concert, help you through this difficult time and remember that we are here to support you.  Hugs and warm wishes sent your way.

• Like 17

Question for US Dailyites.  Is there a regular protocol for not picking a prescription from the pharmacy.  I've been getting regular calls from my pharmacy to pick up a prescription from my Oral Surgeon.  I know there is concern about patients not taking advantage of their prescriptions but I did go online and confirm that it is a narcotic pain killer.  I did not specifically discuss not taking it with the doctor but when they called to check on my I did say I was taking less ibuprofen than suggested and they supported that so I'm sure they would have no objections to me not using it.  I think most unclaimed prescriptions not picked up can be restocked.  Is it ok for me to just ignore it?

Roy

• Like 12

Karen — so sorry to hear of your loss.  The next days will be challenging so be sure to take care of yourself.  It sounds as though you have a wonderful family and you will remember all the good times.  Blessings to you and yours.  Katherine 

• Like 18

15 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Question for US Dailyites.  Is there a regular protocol for not picking a prescription from the pharmacy.  I've been getting regular calls from my pharmacy to pick up a prescription from my Oral Surgeon.  I know there is concern about patients not taking advantage of their prescriptions but I did go online and confirm that it is a narcotic pain killer.  I did not specifically discuss not taking it with the doctor but when they called to check on my I did say I was taking less ibuprofen than suggested and they supported that so I'm sure they would have no objections to me not using it.  I think most unclaimed prescriptions not picked up can be restocked.  Is it ok for me to just ignore it?

Roy

usually 12 days they will hold.

If the pharmacy has issues they can always call your doctor.

good luck

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Two weeks on the island in the late 80’s.  Booked with a #+=‘l TA.   Hotel called “———- on the Beach”. NO beach.   “The rainy season is long over”. Rained for 10 of 14 days.   Hotel including pool under renovation.  Had to move building mid vacation.   The kicker= hotel desk called at 3am to ask for an address to send our bill to Air Canada. ???   All told we loved the island and did all the tours.  Have been back on cruises 5 times.  

• Like 12

Greetings from a warm, soggy NH.  Thank you all for the FR &D.  You guys do a great job, and I know it is a lot of work.  Good collection of days, I have a bag of Vadallia sweet onions waiting for me to make French Onion Soup. 

Karen @luvteaching our deepest condolences on the passing of your DH Phil.  We are glad you have your son, and mother for support. Hold tight to the memories.

Terry @smitty34877, hope your DH gets a regular room soon.  Nothing worse than sitting in an ER with all sorts of sick people. Did it yesterday.

Jack, @Heartgrove Sam is a beautiful dog. Nice to know he has a caring owner.

Roy @rafinmd Call the pharmacist and tell them you do not need the drugs, they will return them to stock.

Peter

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

This is a very unusual photo. It makes you wonder why all the people in the back are in firefighter outfits including air tanks. I hope it was just a drill. 

I just wanted to say that I am doing better. I forced myself to go out kayaking last night. While I wasn't up to my racing self I was able to do most of the route even in the heat advisory conditions. Today I tried weed eating and got one batter of work done before the heat got to me. Thank you for your concern. 

Yes, it was a drill that is performed often when they have staff turnover. 

• Like 11