The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday July 2nd, 2023

richwmn

Good afternoon.  Once our rain, of which we received about 1/2 inch, moved on, it warned up into the 90s, and while it is cloudy to the south, the sun is shining to the west.

@durangoscots  Susan, I hope they find the hiker.  I also hope there are no fireworks.  The laser shows we've seen are spectacular, and a lot quieter, which the dogs should like.  Oh no about the fires in southern Colorado.  I hope they are extinguished soon.

@luvteaching  I'm very glad your son is helping you.  I'm also happy you have some good memories of Phil.  ((((HGS))))

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm very sorry Ivan is having problems again.  I hope the medicine helps, and that the vet can get to the bottom of his problems on their next visit.  Try to get some rest, and even more difficult, try not to worry too much.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I hope you are not too banged up and sore today.  I'm glad that Allen wasn't hurt.  I can't help wondering if it would be possible to change the front steps to a slope or a ramp?  I also hope the doctor visits this week give you some answers.  Great news on extending your cruise.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I hope you are able to dock tomorrow.  Kristiansand is up a bay a ways and should be protected from the North Sea.  I hope Jim feels better tomorrow.

@bennybear  Brenda, I'm sorry there was more hail damage than you first thought.   Those were some large hailstones.   Thanks for sharing the pictures today.

An added note about purple hull peas.  While they look like blackeyed peas, I've found their flavor to be milder, which I like better.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Now that I've consumed about 36 ounces of coffee, I can face the afternoon/evening.

@lobsternight It sounds like you're very talented; hopefully you'll share a few pics of the gazebo when it's completed.

@Cruising-along Lovely flowers.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the Cagliari photos. Wow on all those emails.

@Sharon in AZ Nice Charlottetown pictures. And of the Dailyites gathering!

@kazu So sorry you and Ivan had to go to the emergency vet. I hope the meds fix him right up. And you're not stupid to be in tears over Ivan, just loving and caring of him.

@Seasick Sailor Oh no on the tumble. I'm glad Allen is ok and hope your toe and bumps and bruises aren't too painful. And congrats on extending your cruise.

@Cruzin Terri I'm sorry the weather isn't cooperating on your trip. And I hope Jim's cold isn't too bad, and that you don't catch it.

@bennybear Ugh on the hail damage being more extensive than you first thought.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Happy Sunday Dailyites!  Yes it still hurts to 1) sit and 2) type but I am checking in!  It's thundering with no rain...I wish I could remember what I did yesterday...oh yes. F1 was on, with f3 and f2 and I watched that, went to Macy's to pay a bill, mailed the rest of the bills, went to the bank to make a deposit, and caught up with the  book club gang for dinner at Vietvana.  We then came home, watched Doctor Blake, and an episode of Alone.

If my arm wasnt so wonky and the pain wasnt there, I would recall my UFO experience, I did have a witness, but i think his memory might be worse than mine.  I do recall years ago seeing the head lines on the National Inquirer stating that "your cats may be aliens".  So I went and got more cats...

ufos_leaving_earth_517439.jpg

9ba495ab42a4b3d8b7e368d333d39005.jpg

funny-comic-earth-space-UFO1.jpg

comics-captain-scratchy-aliens-bears-545

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Terri.

You should be able to dock in Kristiansand.

The North Sea can be very rough or like a millpond.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230702_212444.jpg

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

The Sky Princess is scheduled for Kristiansand tomorrow along with the Oceania ship and it's a lot bigger than Terri's ship.  Fingers crossed both ships fit at the docks!

According to our Captain we are supposed to anchor.  Thank you both for the information.  i am not sure we will be able to get to shore.  It is really rough out there.  I had to get up from bed because of the rocking and rolling.  Jim is sound asleep.  Why am i not surprised!😊

I hope both ships fit, but we’ll see what happens.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 14

6 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Sunday from Tucson where it is 95F with 11% humidity and expected to be 107F. Our AQI has been so low compared to what others are having — today it’s 40. 

I haven’t been to today’s port. I missed posting on Friday when the port was Charlottetown and I hope no one minds if I post some pictures from our last visit there this past October on the Nieuw Statendam. We went on a lighthouse and winery excursion and fellow Dailyites Debbie @dfish and Carolyn and Henry @Cruising-along were on the tour also (and I think Edi @NextOne might have been also). Lots of fun but I remember not really liking the wine so I didn’t buy any but I did buy a glass. 

Point Prim Lighthouse:

BCDD9007-D63F-40BE-933D-198555CDF185.thumb.jpeg.da5eaae76658bb085ae5aa1d1c1238b4.jpeg

Wood Islands Lighthouse:

A013E520-6882-4D64-8534-6644C18886DA.thumb.jpeg.a099f0d89002776d9279052598b2ef12.jpeg

Rossingol Winery:

F2958229-7680-4BC1-9F78-3F90A3A5ED09.thumb.jpeg.5c0b925be5570748b7724c953c522b04.jpeg

2322A915-A493-4450-ADCA-A896D931AB34.thumb.jpeg.763d7c92cb813bd396bdbc25d95cc974.jpeg

D5385C0A-D5DA-4CCB-A6CC-E19B72CF9145.thumb.jpeg.93190d09a241b56ffc3fb1476527cb2c.jpeg

That evening the Dailyites met for dinner in the Pinnacle Grill. Lots of fun!

2DAA91DA-2F33-4DE4-9C33-7666BFB6E51D.thumb.jpeg.8eb49e3ce511f5e2fe9f11fb582d6458.jpeg

That was a fun day, Sharon, from beginning to end! I agree about the winery - I didn't buy anything ,but had a nice chat with the owner about aging techniques.

The Dailyite dinner was the highlight of the day, though!

• Like 11

@kazu I'm so sorry Ivan is ailing.  If it is the arthritis, from my own experience, you have to medicate to head off the pain, not wait until the pain is bad.  I hope Ivan is better after his nap.

@Seasick Sailor Joy, no more falling!   We have declared this to be a fall free zone.  It just simply isnt allowed.  I'm glad you weren't injured more seriously and that Allen survived the fall unscathed.  Please, be careful.

@Sharon in AZ Caron, from the Daily, was on that cruise as well.  I can't for the life of me remember her CC handle.  It will come to me when it is too late to edit this. I did like the white wine from the winery and I don't like sweet wines.  I bought a bottle and took it back to the ship.  

I've decided my malady isn't allergies, but sinuses.  When I was a kid my sinuses bothered me a lot when we were living in Texas.  My mom took to packing Dristan in my lunch as I was coming home every day just dragging and feeling miserable.  We've been having Gulf Coast humidity here the last few days and I think that is the cause along with the fire smoke.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

0702231511.thumb.jpg.999a8db9e39bd401451108290d4b5a2e.jpg

Okay, that’s a new one for me!  Never heard of them although they look like black eyed peas. I don’t think they are available here, pinto beans are the standard here. 

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Here's my aching toe. The sad part is it ruined my pedicure! Lol0702231419.thumb.jpg.875e7f65a5a6746f31be92f883fa04aa.jpg

Ouch Joy!  

2 hours ago, NextOne said:

That was a fun day, Sharon, from beginning to end! I agree about the winery - I didn't buy anything ,but had a nice chat with the owner about aging techniques.

The Dailyite dinner was the highlight of the day, though!

Yes Edi it was a fun day and evening for sure. Craig still talks about sitting next to you at dinner and enjoying the conversation.  And my lobster was huge!

• Like 10

2 hours ago, dfish said:

decided my malady isn't allergies, but sinuses.  When I was a kid my sinuses bothered me a lot when we were living in Texas.  My mom took to packing Dristan in my lunch as I was coming home every day just dragging and feeling miserable

My father had severe allergies, and he and my mother were bound and determined that I should not have them, but I do. In other words, they were in a state of denial and were always treating me as if I were catching cold, which may be how I became a hypochondriac. Even when the doctor prescribed an antihistamine for me, they told themselves that it was to prevent colds rather than treat allergies.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Okay, that’s a new one for me!  Never heard of them although they look like black eyed peas. I don’t think they are available here, pinto beans are the standard here. 

Ouch Joy!  

Yes Edi it was a fun day and evening for sure. Craig still talks about sitting next to you at dinner and enjoying the conversation.  And my lobster was huge!

Sharon, as I mentioned before while purple hull look like black eyed peas, they do not have as strong a flavor.  I think they are an east Texas or southern food.   My BIL intoduced me to them about 30 years ago.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sharon, as I mentioned before while purple hull look like black eyed peas, they do not have as strong a flavor.  I think they are an east Texas or southern food.   My BIL intoduced me to them about 30 years ago.

Lenda

I would love to try them!  I’ll have to check our local grocery store. It looked like the picture Joy posted was of a bag of frozen, is that how you buy them or do you make them from dried?

• Like 5

Well, we made it to Kristiansand.  And yes, we are tendering in.  From my balcony I can see the Diamond Princess but unable to see a second dock.

I am not sure yet whether we will go ashore.  Depends how Jim feels.

Will write more later.

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

@kazu I am sorry about Ivan. I hope he feels better soon.

@Seasick Sailor Hope your toe heals quickly.

it is raining in Kristiansand.  That coupled with tender service means I will go to the spa for a facial today if I can get an appointment.

Terri

When I was there once we had rain, at first light but after we got back to our ship it rained sideways!  I'm not sure if we were at the dock or tendering that day.  Anyway, I double checked and it is indeed the Sky Princess there in Kristiansand with you (Diamond Princess is in Japan).  Sky is a large ship, much larger than Diamond is, and it was the last ship I was on in Feb 2023.  I hope you enjoy your facial today - they should have appointments on a port day.  I hope you have improved weather for the remainder of your cruise.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Happy Sunday Dailyites!  Yes it still hurts to 1) sit and 2) type but I am checking in!  It's thundering with no rain...I wish I could remember what I did yesterday...oh yes. F1 was on, with f3 and f2 and I watched that, went to Macy's to pay a bill, mailed the rest of the bills, went to the bank to make a deposit, and caught up with the  book club gang for dinner at Vietvana.  We then came home, watched Doctor Blake, and an episode of Alone.

If my arm wasnt so wonky and the pain wasnt there, I would recall my UFO experience, I did have a witness, but i think his memory might be worse than mine.  I do recall years ago seeing the head lines on the National Inquirer stating that "your cats may be aliens".  So I went and got more cats...

ufos_leaving_earth_517439.jpg

9ba495ab42a4b3d8b7e368d333d39005.jpg

funny-comic-earth-space-UFO1.jpg

comics-captain-scratchy-aliens-bears-545

Annie, thanks for checking in.  I'm sorry you are still having so much pain.  I hope it gets better soon.

7 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I would love to try them!  I’ll have to check our local grocery store. It looked like the picture Joy posted was of a bag of frozen, is that how you buy them or do you make them from dried?

Sharon, it's been so long since I made purple hull peas, but I think I used the frozen ones.  I don't remember seeing the dried ones in the store recently.  I stopped making them when DH said he didn't really care for them.

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well, we made it to Kristiansand.  And yes, we are tendering in.  From my balcony I can see the Diamond Princess but unable to see a second dock.

I am not sure yet whether we will go ashore.  Depends how Jim feels.

Will write more later.

Terri

Terri, I'm sorry the weather isn't good today.  Kristiansand is a lovely, walkable town in good weather.  IIRC, we took the little tourist train from the pier, then walked around.  Enjoy your spa day.  I hope Jim is feeling better.

Lenda

• Like 8

11 hours ago, dfish said:

@kazu I'm so sorry Ivan is ailing.  If it is the arthritis, from my own experience, you have to medicate to head off the pain, not wait until the pain is bad.  I hope Ivan is better after his nap.

@Seasick Sailor Joy, no more falling!   We have declared this to be a fall free zone.  It just simply isnt allowed.  I'm glad you weren't injured more seriously and that Allen survived the fall unscathed.  Please, be careful.

@Sharon in AZ Caron, from the Daily, was on that cruise as well.  I can't for the life of me remember her CC handle.  It will come to me when it is too late to edit this. I did like the white wine from the winery and I don't like sweet wines.  I bought a bottle and took it back to the ship.  

I've decided my malady isn't allergies, but sinuses.  When I was a kid my sinuses bothered me a lot when we were living in Texas.  My mom took to packing Dristan in my lunch as I was coming home every day just dragging and feeling miserable.  We've been having Gulf Coast humidity here the last few days and I think that is the cause along with the fire smoke.  

@dfish, thanks for remembering me! It was a fun bus ride on the SE getting to know you. 😊

Caron @Cruisercl

• Like 4