The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 16th, 2023

richwmn

Today is National Airborne Day, National Tell a Joke Day, and National Roller Coaster Day

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man. - Lana Turner

Meal Suggestion for today - Szechuan Chicken Lettuce Wraps With Spicy Mayo Cac
Drink of the Day - After Midnight In Kentucky
Wine of the Day - J Portugal - Ramos Resa Red Reserva 2020
Destination of the Day - Akureyri, Iceland, Lake Myvatn

Today in History:
1896 Gold first discovered in Klondike, found at Bonanza Creek in the Yukon, Canada by George Carmack

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Sitka, Alaska 0800-1600

Koningsdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Nieuw Amsterdam

Juneau, Alaska 1000-2200

Nieuw Statendam

Greenock

Noordam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2100

Oosterdam

At Sea destination Korcula, Croatia eta 17 Aug

Rotterdam

Geiranger, Norway 0700-1700

Volendam

Vancouver, Canada d1600

Westerdam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 1400-1800

Zaandam

At Sea destination St Anthony, Newfoundland eta 17 Aug

Zuiderdam

Reykjavik, Iceland

0816Atlantic.thumb.png.f5d97b87f43ada9cbbc8ce9b3f3d2cee.png

0816Alaska.thumb.png.995a6dd5bc3a40989ed2175addf1fd6e.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 18

Today’s meal is a “copycat” recipe from the Cactus Club.  I did a bit of research and it appears that it is a popular chain of 30+ restaurants in Canada.  Perhaps some of our Canadian Daily friends could provide a bit more insight into the chain.

Szechuan cuisine originates from southwest China in the province of Sichuan. The cuisine is composed of bold and spicy flavors and Szechuan Lettuce Wraps are no exception. Although this dish isn't very spicy compared to traditional Szechuan dishes, these chicken lettuce wraps still have a little kick to them. I wouldn't recommend these for the faint-hearted.

Szechuan Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Mayo  Chicken strips are coated in Asian flavored breadcrumbs, containing soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. The crispy chicken is tossed in noodles, cilantro, green onions, sweet chili sauce and sesame seeds. It is all wrapped up in a piece of iceberg lettuce, dipped in homemade spicy mayo.  

ie2KpukXKtScMMn2v1E_n7uO89rkbUoPjx6ZAsDz

Sweet Chili Chicken Lettuce Wraps  For a less spicy chicken lettuce wrap, here’s one with a garlicky, chili sauce. Iceberg lettuce is perfect for wraps like this because it keeps its shape and crunch. The panko crusted chicken and comes out crunchy. Chow mein noodles and peanuts add additional crunch.  It is topped off with some tangy, lightly spiced yogurt.

rFZI7ndVAAAqSRjSr4_HmcUfvvRPYrxjBw65TkB_

Sending you peace, healing and all good wishes. May your life be good.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 18

Good morning.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

It is cloudy and 60°F currently at 11.40am.

3 interesting days.

Humourous quote.

Today's food sounds good.

Prayers 🙏 offered for anyone they may help.

Good wishes to all Dailyites for good health and a great day.

• Like 28

Today’s Care list:

Smitty34877’s DH Lou in the hospital

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-op

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina town gone

Canadian/US/Greek wildfires, dangerous heat conditions

Shooting victims again 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Lobsternight’s great nephew with bike crash, multiple fractures, surgery

Kazu’s dear friend’s DH with leukemia

Catmando with cancer recurrence, on immunotherapy

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Baby Murphy off ECMO

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

Mamaofami’s DH Sam released from the hospital to rehab

RMLincoln returning home

Highland Cruiser in Yellowstone Park with DGS

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas Aug 17 to Aug 26)

7 days for HAL4NOW (Zaandam Aug 23 to Sept 3, B2B)

Dfish (Zaandam to Aug 23), StLouisCruisers (Zaandam to Aug 23) and NextOne (Zuiderdam to Aug 25)

• Like 26
  • Thanks 17

A double hump day today, midpoint of the week and midpoint of August.  Thank You Rich, Vanessa, Tina, Ann, and Dixie.  I expect Alaska today would be very different if Sutter had not made his discovery.  I was due to visit Akureyri in 2012 on Crystal Symphony but missed it due to the weather.  I'll salute the Airborne, enjoy jokes, and have enjoyed a number of roller coasters but not recently.  The quote is interesting but I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Sunset Salad, Orange and Grapefruit Medley and Spaghetti Amatriciana with Grilled Chicken Breast which might have been my choices on MS Prinsendam August 4 2011 if I had not had a big Pinnacle Lunch.

Will be a pretty nice weather day here today as we had a cold front yesterday.

Roy

• Like 37

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.  Happy Hump Day.

The days are getting shorter but it's still summer!  Today should be a sunny 26°C (79°F).

We salute members of the Airborne.  I'm not a good joke teller, my timing is off.  I don't like roller coasters.

Amusing quote.

The meal sounds interesting.  I don't know anything about the Cactus Club restaurants.

Hope the drink and wine are tasty.

We were in Akureyi several years ago, wonder if I can find pictures?

Prayers for everyone.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!  Thank you Rich for keeping us going. Thank you Vanessa for keeping track of us so well. I am so sorry for the horrible explosion near you and the sad loss of life - beyond comprehension. Makes us more grateful for every day. 

Time now to pack up from the hotel, grab some breakfast and hit the road. We’ll let the rush hour die down up here, and hope we get home before the evening commute. Should be a dry day driving. 

It’s been a fruitful trip with a lot to think about with the retirement community in northern NJ. Prices have jumped up but I guess they have everywhere. It’s mind boggling!  

Keeping you all in my heart and prayers!  May you each notice some miracle in your day today.   Maureen 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

After Midnight in Kentucky cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
2-3 Blackberries
1/2 part DeKuyper® Razzmatazz® Schnapps Liqueur
2 parts Ginger Ale

Instructions
Muddle 2 or 3 large blackberries in a rocks glass with a splash of Razzmatazz® Schnapps Liqueur. Add in equal parts Makers Mark® Bourbon and ginger ale. Stir gently. Top off with ice.

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 7.04.28 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 15

Good morning friends!  We moved our clocks back another 30 minutes last night to be on Newfoundland time.  So of course we wake up earlier.  Breakfast is finished, just a light one of toast (and some jam, of course).  We will be going to the Mariner's luncheon at 1 pm today and I'm sure there will be a lot of food there.  The weather is overcast and about 50F.  I'm going by our stateroom TV for that information.  I hope Debbie @dfishis feeling much better today and completely recovered by tomorrow for our Saint Anthony, NF stop.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report.  Cheers to Airborne Day, Tell a Joke Day (looking at you @RedneckBob ), and Roller Coaster Day.  I love Lana Turner's quote, will pass on the drink and wine but might taste the menu suggestion.  The Gold Rush was a very exciting time period in history.  Thanks today to Tina @0106, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports.

I said prayers for our Care list people especially Lou, Chuck and Annie, Baby Murphy, DB and friend's DB Mark.  Those in natural disasters and war are included as well.  Congrats to the Celebration list folks!  Enjoy!  Thanks for the list keeping Vanessa @JazzyV.

DGS Ren flew to Mexico City yesterday morning with the team and staff.  24 players went including 3 goalies.  They have a very strict schedule and a lot of games between now and the 26th.  DS will join him there today, but parents do not stay at the same hotel as players.  No distractions from their play this week.  My prayer for Ren is remain safe and injury free and play your best.  Fingers crossed the team does well in the tournament but there are players from all over the world so we will just have to wait and see what happens. 

The port today is Akureyri, Iceland where Debbie, Sue, Dennis and I visited last week.  Since I posted photos on Aug. 9 of Akureyri I will not repost them and hope to see everyone else's.  We had that port as our port of the day on June 28, 2022.  Here's the link for you:

Here's hoping for a Wonderful Wednesday for you all!  Take care and remain healthy.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  I hope we get some great jokes today.  @RedneckBob thanks for keeping us chuckling most days.  The Airborne is an important part of our national defense.  I like roller coasters but the more I see of those stuck roller coasters where people are stuck for hours at heights I will pass at this point.  A funny quote from LT.  @summer slope today's cocktail looks tasty, I love Maker's Mark with ginger ale.  @0106 the first chicken wrap recipe looks tasty minus the cilantro.  @cat shepard thanks for researching our wines for us each day. Thanks all of you for starting our stomachs growling first thing in the morning every day. 

Thanks for our Cares and Celebrations reports each day @JazzyV.  Prayers for the citizens of Maui after having their crown jewel of a city obliterated with so many of the Lahaina residents. Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine. 

We had a nice pizza dinner at our neighbors last night.  The weather was perfect so we sat on their porch until it got dark and the mosquitoes came out.  We are finally getting warmer weather but with strong storms and wind today and tomorrow.  I don't know if we are having smoke issues here but as happened a for a few days in the last week, I come inside to eat my lunch when I go back outside to work my asthma causes me to get breathless.  I had to come inside at 1:00 and sleep for a while so I would have the strength to get cleaned up to go to our neighbors.  Back to using my relief meds on a daily schedule until this dies down. At least I can get a good amount of work done before lunch.  Have a nice day. Nancy 

• Like 31

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors.

Oh no! National Tell a Joke Day! I am out of material. Right! Ok, let’s go.

You might be a Redneck,  ok, no Redneck jokes today. Let me start over. I will stick to jokes from the cruises I have taken. Some of these you might have heard before so pretend you don’t remember them.

1. Several years ago someone asked me what was my first HAL cruise. I answered that we have been sailing on HAL for many many years and our first cruise ship was either the Ninadam, Pintodam or Santa Mariadam. Chris was a rough Captain.

2. Many years ago while on the old old Rotterdam, at a Q&A session with the Captain, someone asked the Captain if he ever been on a ship or boat that sunk. The Captain replied, “If I had been I would not be Captain of the Rotterdam”.

3. On our very first cruise on the old old Noordam in 1982, we boarded the ship and went to our cabin. After entering our cabin we had a serious problem so I called Guest Services. They answered and stated can I help you. I replied that we were stuck in our cabin and can’t get out. They is a small sign on the door knob inside that cabin that says, “Do Not Disturb”.

4. While shopping in St Thomas years ago off the old old Westerdam, we spent all day shopping. It was very fashionable back then. We returned to the ship with all our goodies. The very next day the Misses could not find her credit card and believed it had been stolen while in St Thomas. I immediately got on the ships phone to call the credit card company. The rep of the credit card told me it had been stolen but once I found out how much had been charged illegally to the card I said and wait for it, “Do not cancel the card. Whoever stole the card is charging less that the Misses charges! 

• Like 9
  • Haha 24

5 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning everyone.  I hope we get some great jokes today.  @RedneckBob thanks for keeping us chuckling most days.  The Airborne is an important part of our national defense.  I like roller coasters but the more I see of those stuck roller coasters where people are stuck for hours at heights I will pass at this point.  A funny quote from LT.  @summer slope today's cocktail looks tasty, I love Maker's Mark with ginger ale.  @0106 the first chicken wrap recipe looks tasty minus the cilantro.  @cat shepard thanks for researching our wines for us each day. Thanks all of you for starting our stomachs growling first thing in the morning every day. 

Thanks for our Cares and Celebrations reports each day @JazzyV.  Prayers for the citizens of Maui after having their crown jewel of a city obliterated with so many of the Lahaina residents. Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine. 

We had a nice pizza dinner at our neighbors last night.  The weather was perfect so we sat on their porch until it got dark and the mosquitoes came out.  We are finally getting warmer weather but with strong storms and wind today and tomorrow.  I don't know if we are having smoke issues here but as happened a for a few days in the last week, I come inside to eat my lunch when I go back outside to work my asthma causes me to get breathless.  I had to come inside at 1:00 and sleep for a while so I would have the strength to get cleaned up to go to our neighbors.  Back to using my relief meds on a daily schedule until this dies down. At least I can get a good amount of work done before lunch.  Have a nice day. Nancy 

You welcome. Post #13.

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  We moved our clocks back another 30 minutes last night to be on Newfoundland time.  So of course we wake up earlier.  Breakfast is finished, just a light one of toast (and some jam, of course).  We will be going to the Mariner's luncheon at 1 pm today and I'm sure there will be a lot of food there.  The weather is overcast and about 50F.  I'm going by our stateroom TV for that information.  I hope Debbie @dfishis feeling much better today and completely recovered by tomorrow for our Saint Anthony, NF stop.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report.  Cheers to Airborne Day, Tell a Joke Day (looking at you @RedneckBob ), and Roller Coaster Day.  I love Lana Turner's quote, will pass on the drink and wine but might taste the menu suggestion.  The Gold Rush was a very exciting time period in history.  Thanks today to Tina @0106, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports.

I said prayers for our Care list people especially Lou, Chuck and Annie, Baby Murphy, DB and friend's DB Mark.  Those in natural disasters and war are included as well.  Congrats to the Celebration list folks!  Enjoy!  Thanks for the list keeping Vanessa @JazzyV.

DGS Ren flew to Mexico City yesterday morning with the team and staff.  24 players went including 3 goalies.  They have a very strict schedule and a lot of games between now and the 26th.  DS will join him there today, but parents do not stay at the same hotel as players.  No distractions from their play this week.  My prayer for Ren is remain safe and injury free and play your best.  Fingers crossed the team does well in the tournament but there are players from all over the world so we will just have to wait and see what happens. 

The port today is Akureyri, Iceland where Debbie, Sue, Dennis and I visited last week.  Since I posted photos on Aug. 9 of Akureyri I will not repost them and hope to see everyone else's.  We had that port as our port of the day on June 28, 2022.  Here's the link for you:

Here's hoping for a Wonderful Wednesday for you all!  Take care and remain healthy.

SLC. Post #13.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich.

and thanks to Vanessa, Tina, Ann & Dixie.

Interesting collection of days - I think I’ll stick with humour and Tell a Joke Day.  LOL on the Lana Turner quote.  The meal sounds good.  Sorry @0106 Tina, we don’t have that chain here so I can’t shed any light.

IMG_0920.thumb.jpeg.1beb5fe5ac66cabb3868690c4caae97e.jpeg

Trying to figure some organizational stuff out for our upcoming cruise.  I keep forgetting I’m going on a Pinnacle Class ship and the usual spots for the cabin crawl and poker run don’t work.  Atrium was a zoo on the K so maybe BBKings/Lincoln Stage for meeting to start?  Ocean Bar at the end?  Thinking and will figure it out. And get a few of the key things done.

IMG_0966.thumb.jpeg.178225cf24d01d4612aa585b5e73ce68.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues and worries and for those that need them.  Cheers for those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_0945.thumb.jpeg.dcfbc503dc086b371d23ee207bf85475.jpeg

Have a good Wednesday everyone!

IMG_0914.thumb.jpeg.ebeb34a2ffdbb4a91fa7d26ba46dc7b2.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 22

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! It was a lovely morning for a walk today. There was a wild T-storm just North of us last night. Nothing at my place, but I could see bolts of lightning in the clouds North of me. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping our lists so diligently. Pedicure, Bindi walks, HIIT, chores & pool time will help keep me busy. 

IMG_1601.jpeg.2c972619e1a64311b40cc7ed6d416fe1.jpeg

IMG_1623.jpeg.84cb22ae63ac051d1a0950e05ad42057.jpeg

IMG_1627.jpeg.897881fab81b9da364d9a988523a2927.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating!  It is so exciting to read that baby Murphy is holding her own! Get well & stay well everyone!

J Portugal - Ramos Resa Red Reserva 2020

This red blend from Portugal sounds interesting - “soft and robust”. I would love to try it. It is available from several online distributors with prices starting at a reasonable $12.50.

Winemaker Notes

Ruby red in color. This wine displays aromas of ripe red fruit and dried herbs. It is soft and robust with complex tannins. On the palate, the wine is spicy with a long finish.

Pair with sausage and peppers, herb-roasted lamb, or beef stew. 

91 Wine Enthusiast 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 3

Good morning from a cool central Texas where it is 69F and feels like 69F with 65% humidity and a dew point of 57F.  This will be our last cool day for a while with a high of 98F.  Tomorrow it will be 107F, so I'll enjoy my walk this morning.

On the agenda today after my walk will be making potato salad and baked beans to go with our smoked babyback ribs tonight.  I'll also prep the ribs this morning so they will be ready to go into the smoker when we get back from DH's next to last appointment with the spine surgeon.

I will celebrate the Airborne, and I think our neighbor across the street was a member of the Airborne.  I like a good joke, but am not that good at telling jokes.  I do not care for roller coasters.

An interesting quote from Lana Turner, but I think it is a bit cynical.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink, but the wine might be worth a try.

We have been to Akureyri three times, and I retrieve my pictures in a few minutes.

The discovery at Bonanza Creek was just the beginning.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, I hope you have a safe and uneventful drive home today.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, good luck to Ren and the team in Mexico City.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm sorry your asthma is acting up, and I hope you get it under control soon.

@grapau27  Congratulations to England on the semi-final win today.

345627238_209569221840849_8239617738810935173_n.thumb.jpg.5b75e2ca623a70e2cddcbde17f5dfd00.jpg

366233809_300513282494941_750527524212324932_n.thumb.jpg.905e417fec1671f59e97320756f96dda.jpg

366683887_670086518481503_353947097715502074_n.thumb.jpg.be3977f2612ff0b705322d6292937e4a.jpg

366712274_693361132836134_2404238579116444489_n.jpg.15ef71c6dd0e91f8f433d945037e8775.jpg

366947526_1717563022018319_5900640862444393592_n.thumb.jpg.4469fa18acfab71f3874b4d6d3e40201.jpg

367422428_338800271803359_4640779240735297443_n.jpg.83993ce60cfdf757f0a3576288eca66b.jpg

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 21

Happy Wednesday Morning Dailyites!

Bobbagingee is off for his vet visit this morning.  He will not be happy.  Well, none of them are ever happy going for a check up. So we are up early this morning.  Then I have PT and then walk the neighbors dog. I have a late shift today, so it will be Ruebens for Lunch!  Yay! (I make really good Rueben Sandwiches.)

It is supposed to be cooler today,  I hope.  We didn't get a storm to really knock out the heat, but it is supposed to be in the upper 80's. 

b5220bd23d85dc589ce79a8a26423a8a.png

43e1eacbba7636332fcad11ea3c4fcac.jpg

f9ab91c9886fab1a34e097b1d7dc653e.jpg

• Like 18
  • Haha 18

Good morning!

Happy Airborne Day, I'm not good with jokes, and NO WAY I'll be on a roller coaster!!

We were in Akureyri last year on our Nieuw Statendam cruise. We went to Dimmuborgir, the Lava Labyrinth (LOTS of non-biting midges, glad we were still wearing masks!!!), then the area of fumeroles, and finally to Godafoss waterfall. It was a great tour on a fantastic cruise!

0813-03.thumb.JPG.adff4f7ec8668001c05ff18b067038df.JPG

0813-04.thumb.JPG.4a500feb01b315f9c61fa2f0bff20c43.JPG

0813-08.thumb.JPG.d22d3d5bcaf467ac8d1ceaa4e5d434fe.JPG

0813-12.thumb.JPG.54b126403a1ada0e13ae5e6c9218544e.JPG

0813-15.thumb.jpg.50b0cda718e50e031240223c58e9d09d.jpg

0813-16.thumb.JPG.f9e9b3549101b962b5ab920ef6dcd7fb.JPG

Prayers for all in need, cheers to all celebrating. Congratulations @grapau27 on England's World Cup win.  Take care of yourselves and each other!!

Laura

• Like 29
  • Thanks 7

Morning everyone, Had a productive day yesterday of unpacking, laundry and shopping.  Our appointment at the bank was cancelled as the employee called in sick. Rescheduled for tomorrow.

I knew @RedneckBob was going to have a field day with tell a joke day and he came through with flying colors.

Do hope @dfish is over her sinus issues so she can enjoy the remarkable cruise her and @StLouisCruisers are enjoying. What a great itinerary. 
Our next adventure starts in a couple of weeks when we fly out to Seattle then drive to Depoe Bay, Oregon for two weeks. Son has rented a beach house.

Enjoy the day and thanks to all who contribute. Bruce

image.jpeg.7dbfd77f8f8d24a7a1ee59eca0ce0fe0.jpegimage.jpeg.ee98877889a47a97b19da32d517f1f7b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.22f171a09008359d5cfaca09d2fe04e1.jpegimage.jpeg.51ac305c8a6af51b76d0ccfc424053f3.jpegimage.jpeg.0d4fca743136844d758e2a8ec8f0232a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f4a534561ef637e3b8240a5cac53a1d9.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 13
  • Haha 27

We have been to Akureyri three times.  The first was in 2009 on Tahitian Princess, and in 2016 and 2017 on Prinsendam.

I'm going to break my pictures of Akureyri into two posts.  These first pictures were taken in 2016 when we stayed in town and walked around.  These are random pictures of the downtown area.

DSC05967.thumb.JPG.707394fe0622e33a69c3c0380dad9cff.JPG

DSC05968.thumb.JPG.1bf22c223108b4a128677a1d760862ea.JPG

DSC06020.thumb.JPG.098ae92979b348c9c894df131b06b1b2.JPG

DSC06022.thumb.JPG.e8e435028e92a3ae7082e475acde3a9e.JPG

DSC06030.thumb.JPG.23fe50ae8ad4232f51e685c3e5989fad.JPG

DSC06031.thumb.JPG.9a7a3b1dbd1b92c409325bef6d7958c7.JPG

The church.  We did not climb all those steps to visit the inside of the church.

DSC06028.thumb.JPG.c5b67118e1f27c434b03e41e654fc2c6.JPG

The movie theater

DSC06032.thumb.JPG.934e08ae3f1ff073f18ee35515b30bd4.JPG

We wanted to visit the Aviation Museum, and had heard that we could take a city bus to reach it.  It turned out the nearest bus stop was at the top of a steep hill overlooking the airport and museum.  The walk down would not have been too bad, but the climb up -- no way.  We waited for the next bus and went back to town.  From there we got an expensive taxi to take us to the museum.  When we asked them to call a taxi for us after our visit, the very nice man who had showed us around when we first arrived, said he was heading back to town and would give us a ride.  Our travels have shown us that there are very nice people all over the world.

DSC05980.thumb.JPG.7089ebf8c6b91e2952459daf42133469.JPG

DSC05981.thumb.JPG.44378a2c4527756227edbb1181e882a0.JPG

There were a lot of old planes, but this exhibit is not one you normally see, the not so black Black Boxes.

DSC05989.thumb.JPG.a0234653ed8c0e737cf1fc74c01b0bbf.JPG

The view from our hilltop bus stop

DSC05970.thumb.JPG.badfcdbba1c44d00d207654ba6b698a3.JPG

DSC05971.thumb.JPG.3c4d2efb4649c4f7db9e3d53ab31076d.JPG

DSC05969.JPG

The local skating rink.

DSC05976.thumb.JPG.bdad3143499e66178a552845cc94fbf4.JPG

Lenda

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

In 2009, we did a private tour with a few CC friends, and in 2017, we rented a car and drove east from Akureyri.  I will not post my pictures of Godafoss since they are the same as others.

We stopped at Myvatn Naturebath both trips.

DSC09381.thumb.JPG.d691db27ada87d41bc359b2e6be76e39.JPG

IMG_6319.thumb.JPG.0fbf329001b81fe051f5e1e4539c9798.JPG

The geothermal area and the geothermal power plant

IMG_6294.thumb.JPG.2cfe9f1d7ed20615b0fad37778e63154.JPG

DSC09411.thumb.JPG.046e9e55c00d4a8326f1d624b98b0c91.JPG

DSC09417.thumb.JPG.8d1bc1fd4a701dac349def339fa7834f.JPG

IMG_6304.thumb.JPG.5d784f6c30a8e84df8ea67ec3fd17441.JPG

DSC09410.thumb.JPG.2e3f7e61b1c984434d4c1c6ab94e9f8c.JPG

Dettifoss

DSC09391.thumb.JPG.3e79f65e1f3cd6738ddef925e5c910fb.JPG

DSC09396.thumb.JPG.e25133321d7fc60bb38fcfdb69a14e3a.JPG

Countryside