The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday August 25th, 2023

richwmn

Today is Kiss and Make Up Day, National Banana Split Day, and National Park Service Founders Day

Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have.--J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Meal Suggestion for today - Lasagna Roll-Ups
Drink of the Day - Sipsmith Negroni
Wine of the Day - Granite Hill Cellars Chardonnay
Destination of the Day - Keelung, Taipei City, Taiwan China

Today in History:
1609 Galileo demonstrates his 1st telescope to Venetian lawmakers

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Victoria, British Columbia 2000-2359

Koningsdam

At Sea destination Vancouver, Canada eta 26 Aug

Nieuw Amsterdam

Ketchikan, Alaska 1100-1900

Nieuw Statendam

South Queensferry, GB 0700-1700

Noordam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Oosterdam

Kusadasi

Rotterdam

At Sea destination Amsterdam, Holland, The Netherlands eta 26 Aug

Volendam

Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm/Juneau, Alaska 0900-0930

Westerdam

Ketchikan, Alaska 0700-1300

Zaandam

Saint John, New Brunswick 0700-1430

Zuiderdam

At Sea destination Boston, Massachusetts eta 26 Aug

0825World.thumb.png.066ec3abb845b90e2739db7ff5795150.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 18

Today’s Care list:

Catmando (Marshhawk’s DH Chuck) post eye surgery, with swelling and pain

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, ? off ventilator

Cruzin Terri with PMR flare

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina

Canadian/US wildfires; flooding in several states from torrential rain

Shooting victims 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Sharon in AZ’s DM’s sister in hospice

StLouisCruiser’s friend’s DB Mark with bile duct cancer

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Kazu’s dear friend’s DH with leukemia

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome home NextOne!

Ineke, Welcome to the FR/Daily!

Smitty34877’s DH Lou doing a bit better

Denise T’s success in lowering blood sugar elevations 

Baby Murphy progressing

Cruising sister on a spa retreat

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Oceansaway17 (Grand Princess Aug 26 to Sept 8 )

2 days for Lobsternight (Celebrity Eclipse Aug 27 to Sept 3), celebrating 60th birthday

Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas to Aug 26), and HAL4NOW (Zaandam to Sept 13, B2B)

• Like 24
  • Thanks 18

Thank you Rich, thank you Tina, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Have a great weekend!

Stay Safe and prayers today for those that need them!

- Jack

• Like 31

Good morning.

It is 68°F and sunny here at 11.46am.

Thank you for today's daily reports and to our food and beverage and list keeping ladies.

Kiss and make up is always a good thing.

Yes to a banana split.

Laughable quote.

Not sure about today's food.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a happy day.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 28

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Tina, Ann, and Dixie for the TGIF Fleet Report and Daily.  3 great days to celebrate, my favorite is probably the Park Service Founders day.  I like the Rowling quote but have never been to Taiwan.  Since Galileo we've made wonderful strides in telescopes although he started the ball rolling.  I am proud to be from the home to the Hubble and Webb Space Telescopes.  The meal sounds nice.  The alternative will be on hiatus for most of the next month as I have never been on a BHB the last few days of August through most of September.

Off to Wegmans soon and hoping there will not be too much in the way of storms until I return,

Roy

• Like 35

Good morning friends!  I didn't have a good night's sleep last night and am feeling less than energetic this morning.  I hope I can get time for a nap later today and start feeling better.  The weather is hot and I wish we'd get some cooler temps because we need to do a little upkeep outside to the shrubs, trees and weeds.  When we walked up to the front door Wednesday after being away almost 4 weeks there was an 18 inch weed of very robust health growing right near the walkway.  You can't expect the landscapers who come by to mow and edge to pull a huge weed right in front of their faces, can you?  It is 74 now and will be sunny and a high of 96 later.  No heat relief expected until next Tuesday.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report.  I like all the days today.  Kiss and Make Up is a positive act.  I love banana splits!  My twin used to buy them for me to try and fatten me up while pregnant with my first baby.  And cheers to anyone who would found the Park Service which is so important to maintain some of our natural resources.  Funny quote today.  I would probably enjoy the Lasagna Roll-ups.  No thanks to the cocktail and wine.  An impressive day in our history.  Thanks to Tina @0106, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for F&B reports!

Prayers for our Care group especially Chuck @catmando, Lou (Terry @smitty34877 ), Tana, Baby Murphy, my DB and my friend's DB Mark, those affected by the wildfires and the people lost in Maui.  Continued prayers for Ukrainian citizens. 🙏 On the other hand we have many who are celebrating happy events and especially cruises.  Have a wonderful time!🚢🥂  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV!!

The port is Keelung, Taiwan, the port city for Taipei City.  We have had that port chosen only once on June 7, 2022 and the link is below.  I have been there before on a nice Asian cruise (Bangkok to Anchorage).  Unfortunately last year on June 7 I was on an Island Princess cruise.  I didn't have a way to post any photos so will have to do so this morning.  Coming up next post.

Have a cool, comfortable, safe day everyone!  Unfortunately, we need groceries and need to get out in this heat.  Still so much to do though we've accomplished 95% of the work of returning home.  Will get that nap in somehow!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It’s a very rainy day today and I have the day off!  Lasagna is on the menu for tonight along with some wine.  I’m defrosting the upright freezer and then I’m off to have my eye exam.  It’s been a very busy work week and by the end of the work day I was done with screens.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.0ba37c360e631209acadd0f141dd916b.png

• Like 31
  • Haha 2

Sipsmith Negroni cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Sipsmith® London Dry Gin
1 part Sweet Vermouth
1 part Campari®
Garnish: Orange Peel

Instructions
Add all the ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and stir until well-chilled. Strain into a rocks glass filled with large ice cubes. Garnish with an orange peel.

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 7.25.09 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 15

Good morning.  I hope we don't have to kiss and make up today.  No bananas for me. The Park Service provides a lot of joy to our citizens.  Strange quote.  Pass on the lasagna roll ups and the cocktail but the wine might be a good one.   Looking forward to photos of today's port.  

@marshhawk I hope your husband's pain has improved.   Prayers for everyone on our Care list, the citizens of Maui and the people of Ukraine.  

I woke to a strange sound this morning.  The generator started a bit after 5.  We need sunlight for the solar panels to provide energy to the batteries and we had 4 days straight with no sun.   Last time it ran was in mid July when we had a get together and there was a lot of water usage and the well is the biggest energy draw on our system.  Another partly rainy day here today.  Have a lovely Friday.  Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 30

Lasagna Roll Ups are easy to make, bake quickly and are easy to serve with meatsauce, ricotta cheese, Parmesan, and mozzarella. You could use beef or Italian sausage or ground turkey or chicken to make the meat sauce. It’s a great make-ahead meal and freezer food.

v5xCaQc2fGd9GnUASi1NFdMqQqtfpLERA8lCE-ex

Spinach Artichoke Lasagna Roll Ups  I love spinach and artichoke dip so this recipe caught my eye.  You combine spinach, artichokes, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, garlic, salt and black pepper to fill the rolls and top with an easy homemade marinara sauce.  

FCt2sWTOepSMjGHha5cx_DQfCiQxRBOy3PYt0l4X

currently have an abundance of zucchini.  I’m going to try these Zucchini Lasagna Roll ups.  By skipping the traditional lasagna noodle, this recipe is low-carb, gluten-free, & keto-friendly zucchini lasagna roll up.  

9uo_TlBgdQQlEliUs33ILAj99nqTS9onZKW8iYbI

I’ve enjoyed finding recipes for the meal of the day for the past month but tomorrow, I will turn the reins back over to Debbie.  

Sending you peace, healing and all good wishes. May your life be good

• Like 20
  • Thanks 19

On April 23, 2010 we were in Keelung, Taiwan while enjoying a cruise our friends talked us into. Lucky for us we had a connection in Taiwan and that would be Mei, the lovely sister to our DDIL.  She insisted she hire a car and driver for the day so that she could pick up the four of us in Keelung where the Diamond Princess was docked.

Mei is on the right.   First she took us on a tour along the shoreline.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLdoeYtQTv8Q9yIkQga4mXh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005223

Our car and driver00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKplg8tn5yvwmPI_qu9TgFDVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616016680

Then we stopped at the Golden Waterfall near the town of Jiufen.  The name of the town means "nine portions".00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGf_WZM_ufyFpQ43D5kEUyKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616016518

hillside village00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnn69J7H4gG4Dqn2AQb8eQKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005296

In the town of Jiufen, Mei wanted us to see the street food.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJPraOmb5WCgpKx-pSaSUzF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005324

Right next to the 7-11 is an alleyway called Jiufen Old Street.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKVc0Tea1zss8FduLhaDVv2Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1692922888

We would NOT be eating anything on Old Street.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKyHMF0j_yxiFrFSbFGYjPh4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616016585

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjakW5uI-1U4noMCt5eZynV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616016585

Next up were temples.  The Qingyun Temple00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKfcis345FIYGXL8BBGwyBuqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005261

Then on to another Taoist temple which I don't have the name of00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIIsbr5QTpGcyteyU8QhftFKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616016570

inside shot00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJAclomJpvQvu2ZKtdNSAs9ldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005306

Then on to Taipei 101 which was second tallest building in the world then.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJYUqfGL7yDyWfytsM1Q4GcqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1692923105

a model of it inside.  We bought tickets to the 89th floor observation center.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKbCjhlHwpAEfmAWrdEHW0J4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616016618

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKIGqi8maxVt-MpWuJ9YYZ_VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005371

Mei tried to pick out her apartment to show us.  Just kidding!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKZabpPPQoD2R4SqHBwTHHHaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005377

Then on to see the sights of Taipei.  The Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKtaMom9aG8Bk3dowVmNKHj5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005407

The Presidential Office Building00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ_Of63oVTGto-h_-wyx-_YqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005413

At the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGMqVEV4mLY38QBLdgdUUQ5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005443

The Taipei National Theatre at Chiang Kai-shek00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK3xIUC8T2KdqbQ3LJcEYHTVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005457

A band competition being held00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKtucAdqqKwwmcI89S-8ZGV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005467

A farewell ceremony back at the ship00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKpb4rxmVWWB6foOUaTD6TFrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616016680

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdIURhsX5y1GkTWwEepjOcKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005486

We had a great time and appreciate how welcoming our DDIL's family is.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6

7 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On April 23, 2010 we were in Keelung, Taiwan while enjoying a cruise our friends talked us into. Lucky for us we had a connection in Taiwan and that would be Mei, the lovely sister to our DDIL.  She insisted she hire a car and driver for the day so that she could pick up the four of us in Keelung where the Diamond Princess was docked.

Mei is on the right.   First she took us on a tour along the shoreline.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLdoeYtQTv8Q9yIkQga4mXh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005223

Our car and driver00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKplg8tn5yvwmPI_qu9TgFDVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616016680

Then we stopped at the Golden Waterfall near the town of Jiufen.  The name of the town means "nine portions".00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGf_WZM_ufyFpQ43D5kEUyKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616016518

hillside village00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnn69J7H4gG4Dqn2AQb8eQKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005296

In the town of Jiufen, Mei wanted us to see the street food.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJPraOmb5WCgpKx-pSaSUzF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005324

Right next to the 7-11 is an alleyway called Jiufen Old Street.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKVc0Tea1zss8FduLhaDVv2Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1692922888

We would NOT be eating anything on Old Street.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKyHMF0j_yxiFrFSbFGYjPh4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616016585

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjakW5uI-1U4noMCt5eZynV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616016585

Next up were temples.  The Qingyun Temple00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKfcis345FIYGXL8BBGwyBuqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005261

Then on to another Taoist temple which I don't have the name of00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIIsbr5QTpGcyteyU8QhftFKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616016570

inside shot00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJAclomJpvQvu2ZKtdNSAs9ldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005306

Then on to Taipei 101 which was second tallest building in the world then.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJYUqfGL7yDyWfytsM1Q4GcqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1692923105

a model of it inside.  We bought tickets to the 89th floor observation center.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKbCjhlHwpAEfmAWrdEHW0J4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616016618

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKIGqi8maxVt-MpWuJ9YYZ_VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005371

Mei tried to pick out her apartment to show us.  Just kidding!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKZabpPPQoD2R4SqHBwTHHHaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005377

Then on to see the sights of Taipei.  The Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKtaMom9aG8Bk3dowVmNKHj5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005407

The Presidential Office Building00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ_Of63oVTGto-h_-wyx-_YqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005413

At the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGMqVEV4mLY38QBLdgdUUQ5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005443

The Taipei National Theatre at Chiang Kai-shek00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK3xIUC8T2KdqbQ3LJcEYHTVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005457

A band competition being held00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKtucAdqqKwwmcI89S-8ZGV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005467

A farewell ceremony back at the ship00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKpb4rxmVWWB6foOUaTD6TFrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616016680

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdIURhsX5y1GkTWwEepjOcKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005486

We had a great time and appreciate how welcoming our DDIL's family is.

Fantastic photos Sandi.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks for the Report.  Happy Friday!

We had a ferocious storm last night, lots of wind and rain.  There was flooding in some areas.  A town south of us got 135mm (that's 5.3 inches) of rain yesterday!  Unfortunately, a truck driver was killed when a sink hole opened up in the highway.

A nice collection of days.  I like to kiss my sweetie, but I don't want to have an argument just to get to that.  I haven't had a banana split in years, maybe today.  National parks are wonderful.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good.  Thanks to @0106 for the recipe.  You did a great job subbing for @dfish   Thank you.

I'm sure the drink and wine are delicious too.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  Another HOT day in Atlanta.  I had to get up early as I have an appointment with the endocrinologist today.  And no, DH is not going with me.  He is icing his eyes every 20 minutes.  And even though he has not turned off the alarm (i've been up for more than an hour) he is in no rush to actually get up, and I won't take him out in this heat.  The dr's office is back to no visitors.  But they are not back to masking yet, which worries me.  DH and I wear our masks all the time now.  Well, except for the cruise in May, I have been wearing my mask everywhere.  (and remember i got covid on that cruise).

It is an F1 weekend, and I will be able to watch events that are shown during the morning hours, but for today and tomorrow I start work in the afternoon.  

I sped read yesterday's daily to catch up.  

@smitty34877 I do understand about your DH not wanting to be on chemo.  I would ask the dr's if there are other options of treatment for the type of cancer he has.  I know that DH said that he wished he could just die when he was on the chemo. (he should have been a drama student though) and I have watched both my mother and a dear friend suffer through chemo, when they knew their cancer was terminal anyway.  My mom got off the chemo, realized no one lives forever and made the best of her time, the friend spent the next year of his life in and out of the hospital.  And I highly recommend seeing a therapist.  I know that sounds strange, but when you are ill, there is a lot of anger, that you cant just take out on loved ones, and if the cancer is fightable, and beatable then the ill one needs to figure out how to get that "will" back.  (that's why i took DH  on a lot of cruises) That is why his doc is telling him to travel as much as possible.  To do as much as he can.  To find joy.

Joy changes attitude.  And I am sending a wish from my heart for strength and mental peace.

7e23647e688c2203275a5d682a504fdc.jpg

ec8487d6636b06fa7c366ed97357251d.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 7

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich. A lovely morning with lot of birds singing & deer grazing. 

Vanessa, thank you for sharing our happenings. Gym, Bindi walks, chores and pool time - should keep me busy.

Yesterday’s National Geographic King Tut exhibit was very different. No actual artifacts, but rather an immersive experience that led you through Carter’s discovery of the tomb and ended with a visual representation of Tut’s transition to the After World. I even had a chance to play an ancient board game. It reminded us of Parchesi in many ways.

IMG_1578.jpeg.2b01821efdc0f35ea6b5f59d2f9ae3b6.jpeg

IMG_1676.jpeg.b06ac9f1f98108abb9543e2d28311e5c.jpeg

IMG_1634.jpeg.633229ffea6b28393c4a3c2ee43ed5d0.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone. 

Granite Hill Cellars Chardonnay

Though I could not find any critic reviews of this California wine, consumers give it a good - very good rating. And it is so reasonably priced that if you did not enjoy sipping it, you could use it for cooking. Widely available with online prices starting at $10.99.

Distributor notes

Supple with flavors of tropical fruit flavors like guava, apple and passionfruit. Medium bodied and creamy with lots of vanilla bean notes on the lush finish. Delicious with soft cheeses, fish such as tilapia, halibut and salmon, as well as chicken and pork dishes. 100% Chardonnay, aged 4 months in new French Oak.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 4

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich.

Great collection of days.  My favourite is National Park Founders Day.  I like the Rowling quote and a WHITE wine.  👏 

IMG_4715.thumb.jpeg.7e5c2c04a817781339ee21f8303c36c1.jpeg

Rain is coming (again).  Heavy rain warnings 😔 I hope it holds off like it was supposed to until the Zaandam’s passengers are back on board.  It’s looking pretty gloomy out there though 😔 They are keeping a close eye on Franklin to see what it’s track will be for us.

IMG_8747.jpeg.ca264a4d49a34127f20e7844fefbf245.jpeg

It sounds like this is Tina’s last day on the job.  Many thanks @0106 for handling the meals of the day for Debbie all this time.  A big welcome home to @NextOne.

Susan @durangoscots I had an incident similar to yours on our walk but fortunately a different ending.  Ivan’s collar somehow slipped off on our walk (guess I need to tighten it after his grooming).  Fortunately I’d been training him on a dropped leash to train him if he doesn’t feel me on the end, he stops.  So he stopped & came straight to me and the collar went back on.  Whew!  I have plenty of harnesses but quit using them some time ago as Ivan walks so well.

IMG_5424.jpeg.0c54f24bb2e6776e7c9e42abd6d86dc0.jpeg

What the day holds very much depends on the weather.  Hoping it stays decent enough for a while to get a bit more done outside.  The weekend will be a bust from the sounds of things.

IMG_7517.jpeg.b55e4d4b09e3a93cc4d1a80cc1ef50f3.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, heath issues and worries & for those that need them.  Cheers to all those celebrating and cruising.

IMG_4819.jpeg.58d22297fb411475e3609958d91c651e.jpeg

Have a Good Friday everyone.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

@marshhawk, Annie, thank you so much for your positive thoughts, prayers and wishes. I had tears in my eyes just reading what the two of you have learned through hard experience. My DH can be dramatic also(who knew?) and much of the last few weeks has been just so frustrating for him. I agree about seeing a therapist. Perhaps we can get a group rate….

• Like 30

23 minutes ago, 0106 said:

I’ve enjoyed finding recipes for the meal of the day for the past month but tomorrow, I will turn the reins back over to Debbie.  

Tina, thank you for speaking such great care of the food department!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Lasagna Roll Ups are easy to make, bake quickly and are easy to serve with meatsauce, ricotta cheese, Parmesan, and mozzarella. You could use beef or Italian sausage or ground turkey or chicken to make the meat sauce. It’s a great make-ahead meal and freezer food.

v5xCaQc2fGd9GnUASi1NFdMqQqtfpLERA8lCE-ex

Spinach Artichoke Lasagna Roll Ups  I love spinach and artichoke dip so this recipe caught my eye.  You combine spinach, artichokes, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, garlic, salt and black pepper to fill the rolls and top with an easy homemade marinara sauce.  

FCt2sWTOepSMjGHha5cx_DQfCiQxRBOy3PYt0l4X

currently have an abundance of zucchini.  I’m going to try these Zucchini Lasagna Roll ups.  By skipping the traditional lasagna noodle, this recipe is low-carb, gluten-free, & keto-friendly zucchini lasagna roll up.  

9uo_TlBgdQQlEliUs33ILAj99nqTS9onZKW8iYbI

Sending you peace, healing and all good wishes. May your life be good

Thank you so much for the excellent job you have done Tina @0106.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care list:

Catmando (Marshhawk’s DH Chuck) post eye surgery, with swelling and pain

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, ? off ventilator

Cruzin Terri with PMR flare

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina

Canadian/US wildfires; flooding in several states from torrential rain

Shooting victims 

Citizens of Ukraine

Hi - respectfully requesting to be added to the Care List (or where ever is appropriate) - after 8 long weeks waiting for an appointment, I have evaluation today to establish pre-surgery (torn muscles/tendons/ligaments) treatment plan for frozen shoulder. Surgeon says the surgery is required, but can't be done until the shoulder has full range of motion.

Determined to do whatever it takes to not miss upcoming cruises in Sept, Oct, Nov & Dec. Oh my, I have a busy year end...

• Like 18
  • Thanks 9