MSC World America - Quantum + Oasis class in one?

Yes, I know this is the RCI forum - but with RCI's current pricing shenanigans, I was looking at MSC sailings and came across this new ship that MSC is debuting 2025..  Preview video shows bumper cards, promenade like deck, Abyss like slide and Boardwalk balcony rooms... Certainly peaked my curiosity and looks a lot more inviting than the new icon... Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, seasidemama said:

Yes, I know this is the RCI forum - but with RCI's current pricing shenanigans, I was looking at MSC sailings and came across this new ship that MSC is debuting 2025..  Preview video shows bumper cards, promenade like deck, Abyss like slide and Boardwalk balcony rooms... Certainly peaked my curiosity and looks a lot more inviting than the new icon... Thoughts?

I think it looks amazing. I'm checking MSC out next year on one of the newer ships, Seascape and think even that looks like a beautiful ship. MSC has another one which is the same general ship already sailing in Europe, surprisingly called "World Europa" if you wanted to see some actual footage of how the new one will look. 

Edited by Scottdalfonso
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Close to the same passenger count as Oasis class in a smaller ship.

Not that much smaller and about 150 less cabins. Also looks like there are a lot more open spaces to accommodate a crowded ship probably due to significantly less staterooms. The abyss slide doesn't obstruct ocean views on boardwalk balconies. Looks all around very elegant to me.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, nferr said:

216,000 GT versus 227,000 GT isn't really much smaller. Pretty much a wash IMO.

Actually, the added gross tonnage on Oasis is mostly devoted to the Aqua Theater that doesn't exist on MSC's World class, so pretty similar sized ships.

As per the OP's question: Yes; it will be a less childish ship than Icon for sure. Very classy for current contemporary mainstream lines. Bear in mind though that MSC usually carries a more international crowd than RCI, so you'll listen to far many languages aboard which might not be for everyone. They're relatively affordable though and they status match your RCI (or other cruise line for that matter. Chose what is the highest you have under your belt) status which in turn will give you at least an additional 5% off your base fare.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I think it looks amazing. I'm checking MSC out next year on one of the newer ships, Seascape and think even that looks like a beautiful ship. MSC has another one which is the same general ship already sailing in Europe, surprisingly called "World Europa" if you wanted to see some actual footage of how the new one will look. 

I haven't really looked at other lines before and didn't realize MSC has these sailing/planned. Didn't see the Europa either. Booking for next summer and getting sticker shock at RCI's prices I am very pleasantly surprised at options outside the loyal to royal group.. Funny thing, my last cruise earned me my diamond status, which I have been very much looking forward to, but with the all inclusive options MSC (and other lines) have on offer as part of or upgrade to basic cruise fare - these still come in at much much less than RCI's basic zero inclusion fares.   I just looked at a World Europa video and it looks like they took all the best from Quantum and Oasis and packaged it into a really splendid and elegant looking ship. 

I guess I was just really surprised to see that a. MSC is copying RCI so much, and b. doing it in such a beautifully upgraded manner. Far cry from what I see Icon has in store..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

MSC's ships are beautiful inside, but very crowded. You have a ship that's actually smaller than the Oasis Class with more passengers. Not rocket science.

Are you speaking from experience or just crunching numbers?

• Like 1

MSC is now something we are seriously considering to try at least once. Our next family vacation is already booked for Feb 2024 at an AI resort in the DR. We booked the AI because our last Oasis cruise (May 2023) was ok on a whole......but just ok (If it wasn't for the CK it wouldn't have been a positive experience i feel). We're liking that MSC will do somewhat of a loyalty status match and seeing as we're only diamond we're not that entrenched with Royal and are more than willing to expand our horizons. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

Bear in mind though that MSC usually carries a more international crowd than RCI, so you'll listen to far many languages aboard which might not be for everone.

That is actually one of the things that is attracting me to consider MSC.

• Like 4

We just put a deposit on a MSC cruise for next spring. Love Royal but the almost identical cruise (stateroom, itinerary) is 4k less on MSC. For the price savings, I’ll give it a try. Friends have taken MSC multiple times and love it. Appears to be a much better value proposition. 

I too and looking at World America. For my family (6) in 2025, World America is $6k in a suite and Icon is $12k for balcony’s. Wow. Tough to justify the $6k for icon. 

Edited by PACrew
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Close to the same passenger count as Oasis class in a smaller ship.

Yeah I'll stick with my Radiance Class doing longer Cruises, Capacity 2500 but typically 1750-2050 on my Sailings... Going do an even smaller Holland Ship. Came with Free Grats & OBC so Total price on this 18nite Hawaii Cruise with a Balcony is about same price for 7nite on future Oasis or Icon sailings in a similar Cabin. My Kids/Grands love the larger Amusement Park Ships, I like no crowds, quiet, more Sea Days then Port along cheaper per day prices

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

World Europa to whet your appetite IMG_0065.thumb.jpeg.207773f8f73bd61335efc755edaa9563.jpeg

the promenade 

IMG_0071.thumb.jpeg.528640749ec94b4ec569a5e2e94d5b4a.jpeg
a lot of sparkles, mirrors and reflections 

IMG_0044.thumb.jpeg.cadc162f0d4bf2ad341ffae054b25f8b.jpeg

the slide is not an eyesore 

IMG_0087.thumb.jpeg.ee1addadede26bb22c3f9394c9ccc153.jpeg

aft lounge for shows and drinks 

IMG_0072.jpeg

promenade ceiling which changes 

IMG_0088.thumb.jpeg.479f4292f4f49b7c2cb6542376184dc2.jpeg

looking aft from buffet ( glass bridge separates two buffet areas) 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Ocean Boy, I'm speaking from experience. We've been on the Divina, and older ship, and on the Seascape, one of their newest and largest. The crowding everywhere, except the Yacht Club is ridiculous.

On our last cruise in May on Oasis we felt the crowding everywhere except in the CK. We gave up on trying to use the elevators very early on it was so bad. 

So I imagine it's pretty much the same thing. 

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

On our last cruise in May on Oasis we felt the crowding everywhere except in the CK. We gave up on trying to use the elevators very early on it was so bad. 

So I imagine it's pretty much the same thing. 

Last three on Oasis, it was shoulder to shoulder in the pools and hot tubs unless it was a port day, and even then the pools and tubs were mostly full (except when the pools were closed due to poop/vomit, which happened consistently once or twice each day). We did not use the pools. Walking through the promenade at any time but early morning, you needed to pack A LOT of patience, especially in the evenings... Coco cay - we were the second ship to arrive and had to scour a couple of beaches to find three lounge chairs together. Only places that were pretty much empty on the ship itself were the specialty dining restaurants. Handful of tables occupied at any one time. Walked into vintages one evening. I was the only one there other than the bartender...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Ocean Boy, I'm speaking from experience. We've been on the Divina, and older ship, and on the Seascape, one of their newest and largest. The crowding everywhere, except the Yacht Club is ridiculous.

As you can see from my photos… seriously overcrowded!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just went a looked at MSC's prices.  They are pretty good indeed.  We tried MSC back in 2017 on a Med cruise didn't enjoy it as much as we hoped.  Part of that was our own fault.  Part was because it was a different experience than we expecting.  Service was mediocre in my opinion. We enjoyed our ports of call and all but we found the ship crowded, the entertainment lacking and the announcements in 6 languages every time long and annoying.  

That being said, with pricing the way it is, I might be inclined to give them a whirl again in 2025.  I'm booked solid through Royal through March 2025.  When I look at what I have booked and what they are charging for that now I'm just shocked people are paying that.  We'll see how things unfold.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1