The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday September 1st, 2023

richwmn

Good morning Dailyites. 

A nice nearly cool morning here. The first of 3 dogs were dropped off just now. Tonight I'll get the other 2. 

Last night was game night and there was so much food the fire department wouldn't be able to eat it all. 

Hoping today our yard guy comes and removes the shrubs that croaked with the summer heat. Their leaves are blowing all over our patio and making a mess. And Oliver likes to gather them in his bed and tear them up. 

I think ginger cats are beautiful. I love all cats though. My sweet husband had a terrible allergy with our last cat, so happy our little Oliver doesn't cause any allergies. 

image.png.e494174adcb2c26d3d1e6543cfd8cdcf.png

Would really love tofu if I were starving to death..

image.png.54b82d30065bac9bff2362c7d75239b5.png

Is a popover like a Yorkshire pudding or more like a turnover?

Praying for everyone on our cares list today, and oh look! Vanessa found some more folks on our celebration list!

Lifting blessings to you my dear friends. Have a wonderful day and don't forget the white rabbit!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Is a popover like a Yorkshire pudding or more like a turnover?

A popover is more like Yorkshire pudding. Cherry popovers are easy to make and delicious. 
IMG_7785.thumb.jpeg.6f137c1ee9e61c39b47140b5e19dd222.jpeg

I like tofu; I pressed it, marinated it and grilled it next to my DH’s steak yesterday.  Think of it like mushrooms, it easily absorbs flavors.

Sending you peace, healing and all good wishes. May your life be good.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 3

RABBIT  🐰  RABBIT  🐰  WHITE RABBIT  🐇

Good morning form a warmer central Texas.  It is 75F and feels like 75F with 62% humidity and a dew point of 62F.  It should still be pleasant when I take my walk in a little while.  Our predicted high is 98F, and we'll be back in the triple digits beginning tomorrow, but it looks like we'll stay below 105F for the next week.  🤞

We've had two ginger cats who unfortunately did not live too many years, but were very loving cats.  I'd rather have an apple popover, and someone else can have my tofu.  It has never looked appealing to me, and even our vegetarian DD only likes it fried.

An interesting quote from George Bernard Shaw that made me smile.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine today.

We have visited Nagasaki twice, and I'll retrieve my pictures next.

Hats off to the first woman telephone operator.  I worked as a switchboard operator at one time.  It was one of the jobs I said I wanted to do when I was about four or five, and I actually got to do it for a while.

Also, a great day for our Canadian Dailyites who will be celebrating Saskatchewan and Alberta joining the Confederation in 1905.

@HAL4NOW  Thanks for the beautiful pictures, Tony.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm sorry your elbow is getting worse not better.  I hope the new therapist can help with the cupping.

@Crazy For Cats  Jake, I hope Mona doesn't let you sleep too late tomorrow, and that you and DH have a safe flight to Montreal.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I hope the staining goes quickly and well today.  The dinner with your sister and her family sounds lovely.

348901093_1272092353399530_369110508509477545_n.jpg.9430cf96f162a8879f038d58a841c9a9.jpg

350988683_2206911526163380_8332676127962965263_n.thumb.jpg.4bca26ab1e47136bc5cf69a8b28c5ea1.jpg

350314426_801801451566644_3577651316096002495_n.jpg.78946d4115477550e18683be89889c94.jpg

350987068_2446879808809744_5371658851575624950_n.jpg.d7ced0cd6146189ba5f3ce340d3ffc4a.jpg

354561918_638925611603783_2149606583836193674_n.thumb.jpg.867c4549875acefd41dcb34b7e889949.jpg

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 23

We have been to Nagasaki twice -- 2002 on the APEC cruise on Volendam and 2005 on the War in the Pacific Theater cruise on Pacific Princess.  It is an easy town to walk in and to use the tram to get around.  This is the first group of pictures I posted of our stops in Nagasaki.  

These are pictures of the Peace Park, an extensive area and these are just a few of the monuments.

The bomb was dropped on August 9, 1945 at 11:02 am.

IMG_1052.thumb.JPG.3685949743f01f99a79fcf5605ee83e5.JPG

As in Hiroshima, a portion of a building was left standing as a memorial.

IMG_1054.thumb.JPG.914591a07a2500700a784569a57038b8.JPG

These are just a small sampling of the Peace Park.

IMG_5125.thumb.JPG.01365bf0adcafc0e56dffe2be196e10d.JPG

IMG_5127.thumb.JPG.82265da47db02e650b71aa87c85fd43c.JPG

IMG_5131.thumb.JPG.a9efa1379e71ef088e68e7b1bd6ca00f.JPG

IMG_5133.thumb.JPG.c5e38640927b46400c5e1f1b1cbf0a93.JPG

IMG_5138.thumb.JPG.f2a0b3e1a019b2a43e70478a3474a1f2.JPG

The park and the entire 2005 cruise commemorating the various battles to take back the Pacific Islands was a very moving experience.

There will be more in another post.

Lenda

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

The first picture is related to our first visit to Nagasaki.  In 2002, while the Diamond Princess and the Sapphire Princess were being built there, the Diamond caught fire and was pretty much gutted.  In order to meet the launch deadline, the Sapphire became the Diamond, and the original Diamond was renamed Sapphire.  This is what greeted us when we arrived in Nagasaki.

IMG_1025.thumb.JPG.f990d2b7f3d3dd0b7fde4dfb670131ee.JPG

These pictures were taken in the older part of the city.

IMG_1038.thumb.JPG.51eaa3c12dc809ed2533d8e797115b02.JPG

IMG_1041.thumb.JPG.bac39a2d94a75c8ae5adb05672e8e422.JPG

IMG_5141.thumb.JPG.4b745127d44c6a07793b99b85d01bfaa.JPG

This a typical shopping arcade that is found in many Japanese cities.  There was a pachinko parlor part way down, and DH went in to see if he could figure out the game.  Even then, I'm not sure if we really understond it. 

IMG_5149.thumb.JPG.0554699fddf3da0b23e5382a4b318ae8.JPG

These next pictures show a small part of the more modern city.

IMG_1035.thumb.JPG.cdfd0a6af77c762d328f728e6acb9983.JPG

IMG_5147.thumb.JPG.22d7c802dacd846811e9c8a5b9b72762.JPG

This was taken looking at the city as we sailed.IMG_5163.thumb.JPG.19ac421ed28d64a86da75449915b5e66.JPG

This is a comparison of the send offs between the two stops in Nagasaki.  The first two were in 2002 on the Volendam, and the last was taken in 2005 on the Pacific Princess.

IMG_1063.thumb.JPG.1275feca52c93aba01c5ed2e513781a8.JPG

IMG_1065.thumb.JPG.9e54af56bb63f78c09e1bff7b99426a6.JPG

IMG_5160.thumb.JPG.df182df1697fa5d1a41b8494db86f06f.JPG

Lenda

• Like 28
  • Thanks 9

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit.

This month should be better than last month, because the last day of August, well... stunk!

DH had a visit with his  PA before the infusion, she went over the results with him from his scans, and it turns out he has some growth on his hip, that looks like some form of cancer, so they are trying to get him some kind of injection approved for him, that will help the hip, and he will get that when he gets his next infusion.  And then I showed her something weird going on with the back of his left arm, and she wants him to see the cancer dermatologist  ASAP.   Well there is a dermatologist right next door to the cancer center, and I had stopped in to make an appointment for me while he was having his infusion.  He decided that he wanted to see this doc, because someone should look at it immediately.  I still want him to go to the one he saw last year, but he is right, someone should see him soon.

No one is ever at this doctors office, which does concern me.  Maybe she is new, maybe she is terrible, maybe she has another location??  Who knows, but it was easy to make the appointments.

We were both hungry after the appointment so we stopped at Mary Macs(historical restaurant in Atlanta) for lunch.  It was very good, but when we left, I noticed DH's balance was off walking to the car, and within 15 minutes, both of us were nauseous.  So instead of running around like crazy people to get the rest of the chores done, we headed home and both called out sick.  The food was not bad, but I was so hungry I forgot that after infusions DH should eat, but small meals, and apparently for me, the doubling the metformin will really penalize my stomach for eating things I shouldn't eat in the first place.  I have PT this morning, but am thinking of calling out due to tummy issues...still.

I'm off to read what I missed yesterday.  Hugs to all, and have a great day!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 13

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit.

Good morning, everyone!

@Cruzin Terri

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.24da4d055a83c9ddd9f8ffec8d953e9d.jpg

I hope your day is special and fun!

River arrived last night with enough energy for the whole city.  She's in first grade and learning to read now.  She did quite well sounding out words when we read her bedtime story.  Today we're meeting DS Mary Jo at the dog park, then going to the Barbie movie, then hosting Farkle.  Busy day!

Today's meal sounds good to me.  If you don't like curry, just leave that part out.  Our first recipe comes from Bon Appetit.  It may be behind a paywall for some of you, so here it is:

fishwithcurrybutter1.jpg.b37aaef5e5cd1423475259b66418be25.jpg

The slow-roasting method that turns salmon all buttery and luxurious works equally well on the whole wide delicious world of flaky white fish, from cod to haddock. Here we give vegetables a head start in a hot oven before turning the heat way down, laying the fish on top, and letting everything finish cooking together. The result: an entire (healthy!) dinner in one pan. We call for fennel, potatoes, and red onion here, but you can swap in any seasonal vegetable that you love to eat in roasted form. As long as all your veg pieces are roughly the same size, you’re golden. Try: sweet potatoes, carrots, cauliflower florets, or butternut squash.

1 fennel bulb, sliced

1 large red onion, cut through root end into 8 wedges

1 lb. baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved if large

3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil

Kosher salt

4 Tbsp. unsalted butter

2 garlic cloves, crushed

1 ½" piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped

1 tsp. curry powder

1¼ lb. piece cod, hake, haddock, or pollock

Mint (for serving)

Preparation

1.   Step 1

Preheat oven to 425°. Toss fennel, onion, potatoes, and oil in a 3-qt. baking dish to coat; season with salt. Roast, tossing once, until vegetables are browned and softened, 35–40 minutes.

Step 2

Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix in garlic, ginger, curry powder, and a pinch of salt. Simmer until color intensifies, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.

Step 3

Season fish with salt and lay on top of cooked vegetables. Drizzle fish with curry butter. Reduce oven temperature to 350° and bake fish until flesh easily flakes apart with a fork, 12–15 minutes.

Step 4

Serve vegetables and fish with mint scattered over.

This next recipe is similar, but different enough to take a look at.  https://www.kisses-for-breakfast.com/seared-halibut-recipe-in-curry-butter-sauce/

fishwithcurrybutter4.thumb.jpg.d0c0693ce009fd7c59924a7418a0590f.jpg

And here is one more variation:  https://www.chefsplate.com/recipes/curry-butter-roasted-fish-5fe274556bc7a3422b6394f6

fishwithcurrybutter3.thumb.jpg.ea13079dd48800bb80aa3aabc481de79.jpg

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 9

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit

Hard to believe that it is September !

Warm and sunny here at the beach. Suppose to stay that way for a few days.

Another successful launch by Spacex last nite. Didnt think it was goin to go because of the rain, but it finally cleared.

@Cruzin Terri  A very Happy Birthday to you. May you have many more

I hope that @RedneckBob  is ok. Hopefully will check in soon. Probably does not have power.

@NextOne  Love the pictures of the Puffins! We are booked on the VOV for 2024 and really hope to see some.

Water aerobics and then a few errands. Golf tomorrow AM early.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!  Thanks for the daily and fleet reports.  While I am a cat person somehow ginger cats are not my fav, pass on the popover but a big yes to tofu.  My fav is tofu skin (it is sort of like noodles) but not stinky tofu.  Interesting Shaw quote, meal sounds good as well as the drink.  Pass on the wine (white) and have not been to Nagasaki.  Hooray for females, Saskatchewan and Alberta!

@Cruzin Terri Happy Birthday!  @Sharon in AZ my condolences.

I am glad it is the end of the week and the start of a long weekend.  Not much planned; we will see what develops after I get home from subbing.  Got the inevitable "we are changing the itinerary" for my Hawaii cruise in Nov.  They added Kahului to replace Lahaina and the On Deck for a Cause will be for Lahaina.  I think I will do the On Deck.

Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers for those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit Rabbit White Rabbit 

Happy Birthday Terri @Cruzin Terri!

I like tofu. Last night I watched an Andrew Zimmern show about Kyoto where the tofu is extra special because soy beans are grown close by. It showed how tofu is made, watching it hand cut in water looks dangerous though.  Best tofu I had was on a British Air flight, Venice to London. I wish I made it more often but need some recipes. Mapo tofu with pork looks good but too many ingredients. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

🐇 🐇 rabbits 🐰 

🎂🌹🎉 @Cruzin Terri HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  And wishing you an Amazing year ahead!  May it start with a good day with the floor guy!  

DH decided the itching was too bad to wait till after the cruise for the trial on discontinuing the extra eye drops so he’s off it starting last night. I’m hoping we can get his tonometer to connect to internet (for the pressure read-outs) via cell data or Wi-Fi in ports (of which there are a lot…. I think only one sea day of 9 northbound). Praying for Amazing!  

Thanks for the beautiful pictures @HAL4NOW Your reports have me excited about our cruise. 

@kazu Hoping the cupping brings relief!  

Today is crunch day!  Time to ID all that we want to take, wash whatever needs it, lay it out and do a pre-pack. Tomorrow make final adjustments, everything has to be zipped up by afternoon as my niece is arriving then and we’re heading out to the dinner theater (for my birthday… 🤫). Off to make it all happen!  

Many thanks to all the Daily family, especially Vanessa fir keeping such excellent track if all that’s going on!  

Blessings to all the Care List and in need near and far!  @marshhawk Annie, it’s a new month, May it bring you better fortunes!  
Cheers for all the celebrations and accomplishments!  

Smooth travels to all away! Life is Good!🌈

Stay safe, Maureen

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

Good chilly and sunny morning. It was in the 50’s and going up to 78. The heat wave starts Sunday , supposed to be the hottest week of the summer.

I have an update on Barb. She’s coming along slowly and tired easily. They had a meeting with the surgeon and he told them he had to remove 12 lymph nodes. She gets a port next week then starts chemotherapy the following week.🤞🙏

@Crazy For Cats, safe travels tomorrow, I’m sure Mona will do her best, I love the meme, if mine could dial the phone, they would try it.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Birthday wishes for Terri.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit

Hard to believe that it is September !

Warm and sunny here at the beach. Suppose to stay that way for a few days.

Another successful launch by Spacex last nite. Didnt think it was goin to go because of the rain, but it finally cleared.

@Cruzin Terri  A very Happy Birthday to you. May you have many more

I hope that @RedneckBob  is ok. Hopefully will check in soon. Probably does not have power.

@NextOne  Love the pictures of the Puffins! We are booked on the VOV for 2024 and really hope to see some.

Water aerobics and then a few errands. Golf tomorrow AM early.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Thanks for asking. Everything is ok! Just lots of cleanup taking my time.

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors.

Nothing to respond to except quote of the day. I believe my family skeletons are dancing to “Staying Alive” by the BeeGee’s.

IMG_1236.thumb.png.72f3e068b4b7de3e1c2aa61d7e0c2166.png

• Like 28
  • Haha 6

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Have a great weekend!

Stay Safe and prayers today for those that need them!

- Jack

• Like 25

It was still very pleasant and felt relatively cool for my walk.  I also had a nice chat with my neighbor who returned Wednesday from an extended motorhome trip to New England and down the east coast.  Their trip was cut a few days short because of Idalia.

59 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit.

This month should be better than last month, because the last day of August, well... stunk!

DH had a visit with his  PA before the infusion, she went over the results with him from his scans, and it turns out he has some growth on his hip, that looks like some form of cancer, so they are trying to get him some kind of injection approved for him, that will help the hip, and he will get that when he gets his next infusion.  And then I showed her something weird going on with the back of his left arm, and she wants him to see the cancer dermatologist  ASAP.   Well there is a dermatologist right next door to the cancer center, and I had stopped in to make an appointment for me while he was having his infusion.  He decided that he wanted to see this doc, because someone should look at it immediately.  I still want him to go to the one he saw last year, but he is right, someone should see him soon.

No one is ever at this doctors office, which does concern me.  Maybe she is new, maybe she is terrible, maybe she has another location??  Who knows, but it was easy to make the appointments.

We were both hungry after the appointment so we stopped at Mary Macs(historical restaurant in Atlanta) for lunch.  It was very good, but when we left, I noticed DH's balance was off walking to the car, and within 15 minutes, both of us were nauseous.  So instead of running around like crazy people to get the rest of the chores done, we headed home and both called out sick.  The food was not bad, but I was so hungry I forgot that after infusions DH should eat, but small meals, and apparently for me, the doubling the metformin will really penalize my stomach for eating things I shouldn't eat in the first place.  I have PT this morning, but am thinking of calling out due to tummy issues...still.

I'm off to read what I missed yesterday.  Hugs to all, and have a great day!

Annie, I think stunk about yesterday is about as serious as you can get on here, but I think another word comes to mind.  I'm sorry @catmando Chuck got such a bad report from the doctor.  I hope they can get him cleared for the injection for his hip, and that he can see a oncology dermatologist for his arm soon.  I'm sorry you both had tummy issues after your lunch, and hope your are both feeling better soon.

52 minutes ago, dfish said:

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit.

Good morning, everyone!

@Cruzin Terri

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.24da4d055a83c9ddd9f8ffec8d953e9d.jpg

I hope your day is special and fun!

River arrived last night with enough energy for the whole city.  She's in first grade and learning to read now.  She did quite well sounding out words when we read her bedtime story.  Today we're meeting DS Mary Jo at the dog park, then going to the Barbie movie, then hosting Farkle.  Busy day!

Today's meal sounds good to me.  If you don't like curry, just leave that part out.  Our first recipe comes from Bon Appetit.  It may be behind a paywall for some of you, so here it is:

fishwithcurrybutter1.jpg.b37aaef5e5cd1423475259b66418be25.jpg

The slow-roasting method that turns salmon all buttery and luxurious works equally well on the whole wide delicious world of flaky white fish, from cod to haddock. Here we give vegetables a head start in a hot oven before turning the heat way down, laying the fish on top, and letting everything finish cooking together. The result: an entire (healthy!) dinner in one pan. We call for fennel, potatoes, and red onion here, but you can swap in any seasonal vegetable that you love to eat in roasted form. As long as all your veg pieces are roughly the same size, you’re golden. Try: sweet potatoes, carrots, cauliflower florets, or butternut squash.

1 fennel bulb, sliced

1 large red onion, cut through root end into 8 wedges

1 lb. baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved if large

3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil

Kosher salt

4 Tbsp. unsalted butter

2 garlic cloves, crushed

1 ½" piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped

1 tsp. curry powder

1¼ lb. piece cod, hake, haddock, or pollock

Mint (for serving)

Preparation

1.   Step 1

Preheat oven to 425°. Toss fennel, onion, potatoes, and oil in a 3-qt. baking dish to coat; season with salt. Roast, tossing once, until vegetables are browned and softened, 35–40 minutes.

Step 2

Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix in garlic, ginger, curry powder, and a pinch of salt. Simmer until color intensifies, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.

Step 3

Season fish with salt and lay on top of cooked vegetables. Drizzle fish with curry butter. Reduce oven temperature to 350° and bake fish until flesh easily flakes apart with a fork, 12–15 minutes.

Step 4

Serve vegetables and fish with mint scattered over.

This next recipe is similar, but different enough to take a look at.  https://www.kisses-for-breakfast.com/seared-halibut-recipe-in-curry-butter-sauce/

fishwithcurrybutter4.thumb.jpg.d0c0693ce009fd7c59924a7418a0590f.jpg

And here is one more variation:  https://www.chefsplate.com/recipes/curry-butter-roasted-fish-5fe274556bc7a3422b6394f6

fishwithcurrybutter3.thumb.jpg.ea13079dd48800bb80aa3aabc481de79.jpg

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Debbie, it sounds like you have a fun day and Farkle with River planned.  I hope the rest of the weekend is fun but not too tiring.

37 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!  Thanks for the daily and fleet reports.  While I am a cat person somehow ginger cats are not my fav, pass on the popover but a big yes to tofu.  My fav is tofu skin (it is sort of like noodles) but not stinky tofu.  Interesting Shaw quote, meal sounds good as well as the drink.  Pass on the wine (white) and have not been to Nagasaki.  Hooray for females, Saskatchewan and Alberta!

@Cruzin Terri Happy Birthday!  @Sharon in AZ my condolences.

I am glad it is the end of the week and the start of a long weekend.  Not much planned; we will see what develops after I get home from subbing.  Got the inevitable "we are changing the itinerary" for my Hawaii cruise in Nov.  They added Kahului to replace Lahaina and the On Deck for a Cause will be for Lahaina.  I think I will do the On Deck.

Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers for those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!!

Penny, I'm not surprised at the port change, but I'm glad the ships are still calling at Maui since the island is so depended on tourist dollars.  It will be a different experience, but still a good day on Maui.

27 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

🐇 🐇 rabbits 🐰 

🎂🌹🎉 @Cruzin Terri HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  And wishing you an Amazing year ahead!  May it start with a good day with the floor guy!  

DH decided the itching was too bad to wait till after the cruise for the trial on discontinuing the extra eye drops so he’s off it starting last night. I’m hoping we can get his tonometer to connect to internet (for the pressure read-outs) via cell data or Wi-Fi in ports (of which there are a lot…. I think only one sea day of 9 northbound). Praying for Amazing!  

Thanks for the beautiful pictures @HAL4NOW Your reports have me excited about our cruise. 

@kazu Hoping the cupping brings relief!  

Today is crunch day!  Time to ID all that we want to take, wash whatever needs it, lay it out and do a pre-pack. Tomorrow make final adjustments, everything has to be zipped up by afternoon as my niece is arriving then and we’re heading out to the dinner theater (for my birthday… 🤫). Off to make it all happen!  

Many thanks to all the Daily family, especially Vanessa fir keeping such excellent track if all that’s going on!  

Blessings to all the Care List and in need near and far!  @marshhawk Annie, it’s a new month, May it bring you better fortunes!  
Cheers for all the celebrations and accomplishments!  

Smooth travels to all away! Life is Good!🌈

Stay safe, Maureen

Maureen, I hope you have good luck getting the pressure meter linked with wifi on your cruise.  We've found that if you are planning on using the port's wifi, it works best while most of the passengers are on shore and on tour.  Once they start returning and their phones and devices start loading pictures to the cloud, the wifi usually slows so drastically that it's not worth using.  Hopefully your cell phones will work well in the ports.  An early HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you since you will be traveling tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good chilly and sunny morning. It was in the 50’s and going up to 78. The heat wave starts Sunday , supposed to be the hottest week of the summer.

I have an update on Barb. She’s coming along slowly and tired easily. They had a meeting with the surgeon and he told them he had to remove 12 lymph nodes. She gets a port next week then starts chemotherapy the following week.🤞🙏

@Crazy For Cats, safe travels tomorrow, I’m sure Mona will do her best, I love the meme, if mine could dial the phone, they would try it.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Birthday wishes for Terri.

I'm glad Barb is recovering even if slowly.  I hope the placing of the port and the chemo are not too hard on her.  Thanks for the update.

5 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for asking. Everything is ok! Just lots of cleanup taking my time.

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors.

Nothing to respond to except quote of the day. I believe my family skeletons are dancing to “Staying Alive” by the BeeGee’s.

IMG_1236.thumb.png.72f3e068b4b7de3e1c2aa61d7e0c2166.png

RNB, I'm glad you are your family are all right and without major damage.  I hope the cleaning up is completed soon.

Lenda

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit!  Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I love cats of any colour, would like to have a cherry popover served to me, but will take a hard pass on the tofu.  I remember trying tofu once in a restaurant (ate it, but wouldn't order it again) where the waiter said tofu absorbs flavours, to which DH said "so does a paper towel."  LOL

Much to our surprise, it rained all day yesterday; it started around 8 and continued throughout the day.  The farmers certainly don't need rain at this time of the year when they're trying to get their crops off, but the land really does need moisture.  This morning we woke to fog and can't see out the windows on the deck because of the condensation.  I just had an alert on the phone because we'll be having heavy smoke again - even though it'll be nice (27C), we'll likely have to spend most of the day indoors.  

@Cruzin Terri Happy Birthday and many healthy, happy returns of the day!

@Crazy For CatsI think I'd set an alarm just in case Mona sleeps in.  LOL

@aliaschiefsafe travels today for you and Sue.

@marshhawkI'm sorry you and Chuck had such a bad day yesterday; hopefully the doctor is a good one and can help with a treatment plan.  Both of you, get well soon!

@RMLincoln and @Crazy For Cats I know what you mean about the last day flurry around the house trying to get everything done and ready for your absence.

Wishing everyone a good, safe long weekend as we celebrate our province's 118th anniversary since joining Confederation in 1905.

Had a nice time with our friends last night at a new little bar/restaurant nearby.  DH had a pierogi pizza (thin sliced potatoes, bacon, green onions in a white sauce), while I had a crispy chicken salad (kale, shredded carrots, crispy noodles, cilantro) and both were big enough that we brought leftovers home.  Friday is usually pizza night around here, but since we've got all these leftovers, and DH already has pizza, we'll just enjoy them on the deck tonight.  And wine.  

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations!

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1