The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday September 1st, 2023

richwmn

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn. Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit.

No cats here. A cherry popover sounds good. Hard NO to Tofu; I once tried a "tofupup" at a cookout, which was a substitute for a meat hotdog (yuck). Interesting quote. I'll pass on the meal (fish), drink and wine. I haven't been to Nagasaki City. A day to remember in Canadian history.

I'm just back from PT. It's a nice sunny day, 77F at present, after starting off in the mid-50's. I had intentions of maybe doing some yard work after PT, but just don't feel like it. I need to start in the morning if I'm going to do that. BFF and friends from Germany are on their way back from Myrtle Beach. 

@Cruzin Terri Happy Birthday!

@HAL4NOW Great photos, especially with the moon.

@kazu Sorry to hear about the elbow pain and I hope the cupping person can help. 

@StLouisCruisers Good to hear that DGD is ok. 

@ottahand7 I hope the staining isn't too difficult. Enjoy the family dinner.

@Denise T Chase is handsome.

@marshhawk Nice ginger cats. I am so sorry to hear about the growth on Chuck's hip. And I hope the lesion on his arm is not serious. And you didn't need the stomach upset on top of all of that! I know that Metformin can cause abdominal complaints. 

@Seasick Sailor Wow, 6 dogs at your place! 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Very interesting photos from Nagasaki.

@dfish Enjoy the day with River and your Farkle tonight.

@RMLincoln I hope stopping the extra eye drops helps the itching, but doesn't increase the eye pressure much. And good luck with online connections for the tonometer. Get that packing done!

@1ANGELCAT Thanks for the update on Barb; continued prayers for her recovery and that she tolerates the chemo.

@RedneckBob I'm glad you checked in and are ok.

@smitty34877 Continued prayers for improvement with Lou, as well as for Tana and the whole family.

@Cruzin Terri I have my ways, lol! Ugh on having to empty the rooms so the flooring can be replaced, and the broken security monitor. I hope you can take a little time out to enjoy your day!

@sailingdutchy Lovely photos from Nagasaki. 

@aliaschief Yay!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Thanks JV!

• Like 11

Good evening

Today was not the birthday we expected to celebrate. Instead Jim and I spent the day cleaning out the den.  You never realize how much stuff you have until you start cleaning it out.  The floor guy will be back tomorrow morning to fix the floor in the den.  

What a job.  

My birthday dinner at our favorite restaurant did not happen.  We will go next week when Humpty Dumpty is back together again.

Again thank your for all the kind Birthday wishes,  I really appreciate them.

Now we will have hamburgers for dinner.  The easiest thing i can make. 

DH bought me very pretty flowers.

Terri

• Like 22

I started mowing the lawn after 4:00 p.m. It is always a question whether the mower batteries will run out of energy first, or I will.

It didn't get to that. Before the second battery ran out, my blood sugar plummeted, and I had to stop, eat, and rest a little.

But when I resumed, battery #2 gave out after just a few seconds of mowing. By that time, battery #1 was charged.

In other news, a friend who recently moved to another city told me that he had spent most of the day fighting with the electric company here, because his final bill was $13,000. They agreed that it was ridiculous, but now they want $1,956.

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 6

Rabbit rabbit rabbit!   and thanks to all, I learned to love tofu.  Especially in Japan with a ginger teriyaki Ike sauce and scallions.

@Cruzin Terri happy birthday!  
@marshhawk so sorry!   Hoping things improve very soon!   
@smitty34877 I am sending you wishes for improvement soon.  Glad you are going for a nice walk!

@kazu I am so sorry your elbow hasn’t improved!  Praying it does soon!  

DGD is volunteering today for Rescue adoption event!   Six pups,  sounds like @Seasick Sailor

DSC_0848.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Rabbit rabbit rabbit!   and thanks to all, I learned to love tofu.  Especially in Japan with a ginger teriyaki Ike sauce and scallions.

@Cruzin Terri happy birthday!  
@marshhawk so sorry!   Hoping things improve very soon!   
@smitty34877 I am sending you wishes for improvement soon.  Glad you are going for a nice walk!

@kazu I am so sorry your elbow hasn’t improved!  Praying it does soon!  

DGD is volunteering today for Rescue adoption event!   Six pups,  sounds like @Seasick Sailor

DSC_0848.jpeg

Thank you, Paul

Terri

• Like 10

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo to my Ohana family at CC!

Just a short note to let all know through all the shelters and food responders we are all helping! Our Whalers Village has alot of shops closed and restaurants BUT WE WALKED OVER TO OUR SPECIAL RESTAURANT from our home and it was wonderful to see the help happy and glad to be working ! Slowly things in Kaanapali is coming back. It will be years for our sacred Lahaina to be back and pray it will be restored to its original state!!

Aloha

🌺Denise

image.thumb.jpeg.5d12ea920e3613445a9c07d9851cf4ef.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f7c52bd1753750550d002796dee58047.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7

Good morning.

15°C and cloudy here at 10.17am.

Sad to hear this morning that 

Mohammed Al-Fayed died this morning.

He had owned 

The Ritz hotel Paris.

Harrods London.

Fulham football club London.

His son Dodi died with Princess Diana in the car crash in Paris in 1997.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9

On 9/1/2023 at 12:22 PM, Cruising-along said:

@Nickelpenny Interesting about your port change.  We're waiting to hear what they'll do for the Grand Australia/NZ in January.  I wouldn't mind going to Kahului.  I heard that another cruise in October will get an extra day in Honolulu.  Either would work for me, I just don't want yet another sea day to replace Lahaina -- we'll have a LOT of those in January as it is. 😂

Here's a photo of Parkour when he was a kitten. 

Parkourfud.jpg.5a2eaf21ec05013a9874df3f14be401c.jpg

I received official notice from HAL yesterday that Lahaina is replaced by Kahului for my Dec 21 cruise. While the reason is heartbreaking, I am happy to not have another sea day. Hope your experience aligns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Haljo1935 said:

I received official notice from HAL yesterday that Lahaina is replaced by Kahului for my Dec 21 cruise. While the reason is heartbreaking, I am happy to not have another sea day. Hope your experience aligns.

Thank you, I agree.  Hoping we hear soon, our cruise leaves Jan. 3. 

• Like 3