Concierge Question

Michele035

Hi, we are traveling on the Allure end of October for a quick 4 day cruise with a couple who are close friends.  We are in a suite and they are not.  I have been in suites many times on RCCL and in the past would never dream of asking a concierge this question, but wanted to see what people thought.  I know the concierge are for suite guests only.  Our friends do not drink.  What are peoples thoughts on asking the concierge about asking can join us to sit in the lounge pre-dinner (which we are all having together each evening)?  I don't ever want to  be "that person" but I know I thought people here might have some opinions...thanks in advance....

JMHO - I personally wouldn't ask.  It puts the concierge in a very awkward position.  The "right" answer is to tell you no, that it is against policy.  We are planning a future cruise w/ family and we want them  to be sky class so we all can enjoy the benefits, if they decide not to do it, we will book an equal category to keep us all "together".  

• Like 4

I don't believe at all that it needs to be awkward, as 15-ish years ago I would ask nicely, very nicely, with no expectations.  I got "no problem", "let's see how many are in the lounge already when you come", to "we have too many eligible for the lounge on this sailing, so no".  Any of those answers were fine with me.

Now, however, the ships are very crowded and I don't ask anymore.  I'm Pinnacle going with my Gold Member sister on the Freedom, and I just share my drink coupons with her wherever we decide to have our evening drinks. (Well, she also gets my amenity bottle of white wine, too.)

Edited by pcur
  • Like 2

Just meet at a different lounge. 

If they don't drink and they are not in a suite, what are you planning on doing for dinner? Kicking them out so you can eat at CK or joining them in the MDR? 

What you are asking doesn't make sense to me, but I agree with the others, don't ask, save everyone the embarrassment

• Like 2

On 9/13/2023 at 7:07 PM, pcur said:

I don't believe at all that it needs to be awkward, as 15-ish years ago I would ask nicely, very nicely, with no expectations.  I got "no problem", "let's see how many are in the lounge already when you come", to "we have too many eligible for the lounge on this sailing, so no".  Any of those answers were fine with me.

Now, however, the ships are very crowded and I don't ask anymore.  I'm Pinnacle going with my Gold Member sister on the Freedom, and I just share my drink coupons with her wherever we decide to have our evening drinks. (Well, she also gets my amenity bottle of white wine, too.)

this! thank you. Yes, I would say that years ago it would be more common and easier to do.  Everyone is correct, these days it is just too crowded in both the Diamond and Concierge lounges...so I will not be that person LOL!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1