Constellation-Onboard Now Cuts

sasset

1 hour ago, def0715 said:

This is a pen from my Celebrity sailing last month. I’ve got quite the collection going. 🙂

IMG_2544.jpeg

That was the type of pen that we got exactly a year ago on Constellation.

3 hours ago, sasset said:

On Constellation now. Was on Constellation one year ago. Haven’t been all exited about stories of cut backs, but this kind of drove it home. The new Celebrity note pad and pencil. More to come as it just gets worst.image.thumb.jpeg.d07444b0203c1d04b19f3d418900e9a7.jpeg

Getting a Celebrity iPhone is pretty cool though.

• Haha 10

The Beyond last year...no pencil or paper.  We did have 1 pen (like post #16).   I asked for another pen (there were two of us in the cabin) and some Beyond paper (they definitely had full size notepads onboard and in the Retreat because the bartender wrote a recipe for my dad).   I did get another pen but no paper.  That was in a Sky Suite in 2022.

On the Equinox in 2021 we had a pencil like in post #3.

Previous sailings we had paper and a pen.

I love paper, pens, pencils.  Always have. 😉  I always take them.  Hey, I even have some from restaurants that say: This pen was stolen from ... 🤣

I have to agree that pencil is something from a miniature golf course.   Some miniature golf courses even give you an eraser.     Very chintzy.   I guess that is the New Modern Luxury. 

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’ve never looked at pen or pencil and pad of paper as anything other than a way to leave messages or requests for our room attendant. It didn’t occur to me to bring them home. For that reason, as long as the pencil works it’s fine with me. 

That is all I have ever done, a pencil works fine for me.  Occasionally, pens leak ink..pencils not so much.. 🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG

15 hours ago, sasset said:

On Constellation now. Was on Constellation one year ago. Haven’t been all exited about stories of cut backs, but this kind of drove it home. The new Celebrity note pad and pencil. More to come as it just gets worst.image.thumb.jpeg.d07444b0203c1d04b19f3d418900e9a7.jpeg

What is the "More to come as it just gets worst"? Inquiring soon to be Connie cruisers would like to know!

Even now when I can afford much better, Bic Round Stics are my go to at home and work, and I really like when ships or hotels use those. I have also liked the Bic Atlantis click pens too. For some reason those pens just work and don't leak. 

I have tried better pens and brands and always go back to these. Maybe I am using the better brand;)

Edited by cgolf1

19 hours ago, sasset said:

I've been on a few Celebrity cruises and have never gotten the free I-Phone with my pad & pencil.

• Haha 3

When cruising resumed in 2021, I was on Summit with less than 200 pax and booked 6 future cruises for the following two months.  This showed up in my cabin with a thank you note.  I got so much swag on that cruise (wine, ship model, raffle prizes, etc), I had to buy a duffel bag to get it home.  Fortunately, I drove.  Anyway, things have changed in two years.20231031_141117.thumb.jpg.665b8494f6ad064c8394e9f29f80877c.jpg

• Haha 1

Refined Modern Luxury pencil and pad features a beautifully sculptured head made of the finest lead mined in the Swiss Alps. Gorgeous deep blue sea color is sure to please the most demanding passengers at sea!....and don't forget, for $19.99 a day, we will upgrade your standard pencil and pad package to the premium unlimited P&P (pencil and pad). Upgrades include new and improved built in eraser and push to replenish lead tip that eliminates the need to stand in line to sharpen your pencil with lowly free (P&P) passengers....hurry, offer ends soon (doesn't it always)!

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 14-24-52 Constellation-Onboard Now Cuts.png

• Haha 14