Jim_Iain Live - 2nd Half World Cruise - B2B Singapore to Down Under 11/25 – 12/21

Jim_Iain

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

@DaKahuna   Got a bit of footage.   Then user error.   The sun was so warm my display dimmed and I thought I was shooting some GREAT footage.   Only to find later the phone was set on Photo instead of Movie.

Oh Geeze -  I get a year older and there goes the memory.     

It was really great footage if I only recorded.   The 5X Lens is worth the money of the camera.

Happy Birthday Jim! 

No worries. I greatly appreciate your trying and I did enjoy the video you sent. 

I now have a good idea of what takes place in the crossing the line ceremony.  Needless to say it is much different than it was for me in 1971. 

Edited by DaKahuna

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

@DaKahuna   Got a bit of footage.   Then user error.   The sun was so warm my display dimmed and I thought I was shooting some GREAT footage.   Only to find later the phone was set on Photo instead of Movie.

Oh Geeze -  I get a year older and there goes the memory.     

It was really great footage if I only recorded.   The 5X Lens is worth the money of the camera.

Happy Birthday Jim, enjoy this special moment!

A small image from the snowless flat world of the land of snow 🤣 that we call home! But a beautiful blue sky for us today. 

IMG_0305.jpeg

• Like 1

Happy Birthday, Jim!

I've never managed to be on board on my birthday.  Had two B2B Iceland/Greenland cruises booked which would have included my birthday, but they were both killed by Covid.

I haven't noticed too many changes in the Luminae menu, but I'm not very attuned to that and we have been doing a lot of specialty restaurants.  The service and food in Luminae has been excellent.  I was greatly disappointed in The Lawn Club Grill.  The steak was delicious.  The rest of it was meh or absolutely horrible (lobster mac & cheese).  I certainly won't be rushing back there.

Happy birthday, Jim !

And thanks for sharing your story. 

My brother and his husband have been together for 50 years.  What they have lived through, as individuals, as a couple ,  with their friends and within their community....

I have learned a lot about love and strength from them. 

Jim and Iain, A perfect match ❤

• Like 3

As one ages, birthdays become even more special(you can’t live without them,)

so... Happy Birthday, Jim!  My aunt lived to be 98; she said the reason she lived so long was because she always ate her dessert first!  Also, like the word dessert, there were two S’s, therefore two desserts.  She was a character!   What does this crystal ball have in store for you besides a wonderful long cruise? 

image.jpeg.3007cfe87794f032d874e955ae087ef8.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 3

Happy Birthday Jim. I’ve never sailed with an actual birthday  on board ship . We’ve just booked an ABC islands sailing for April 2025 on the Reflection and   I’ll actually pass 70th birthday while on board. As well as celebrating a special birthday it’s an itinerary we had booked in 2020 that was cancelled just before sailing owing to the Pandemic. Really looking forward to it now.

• Like 2

Happy Birthday Jim, great way to celebrate on a cruise ship. We did our last 2 Anniversaries on a Celebrity cruise, so far no birthdays.

Have you been able to confirm that the full-service bar in the Retreat lounge did not happen in dry docking last month? It a shame that it didn't get done as we were told by the Retreat manager on the Apex in September. 

We got a great Black Friday present from American Airlines when they sent me an offer to upgrade our LAX flight to Sydney in January to Business Class for only $1200pp. Previously their best offer was $2800pp. After reading your posts we are even more excited about our Jan 13th B2B cruise on the Edge.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bluwes said:

Happy Birthday Jim. I’ve never sailed with an actual birthday  on board ship . We’ve just booked an ABC islands sailing for April 2025 on the Reflection and   I’ll actually pass 70th birthday while on board. As well as celebrating a special birthday it’s an itinerary we had booked in 2020 that was cancelled just before sailing owing to the Pandemic. Really looking forward to it now.

Birthdays on Board are great!

Esp when its in Cruise season.

Enjoy your big b- day on board!

You'll be a Star!

Will do mine on Ascent!

• Like 1