Monday November 20th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!

I have moments when I feel well, like when I dont move, and I am snuggled in a blanket watching old Midsomer Murders....or sitting out in the sunshine, but we wont see that for a while...tomorrow will be quite stormy !, and to our friends up in the NE, stay safe this week.

Today is walk the dog, go to the bank,  I did get a rather small check from the insurance company for when the neighbor's tree fell on the house.  I can get the balance of 64.75 from the insurance if I prove that I have finished paying for the repairs.  Somehow, I think that re adjusting a window frame in a 60 year old house will cost more than 664.75.  And the check has to be signed by the bank, so that's this mornings adventure.  Oh, and mailing bills.

When I was growing up, my mom seemed to be able to feed a family of 4 on 25-30 dollars a week.  She would buy a can of Spam, put cloves in it, mustard, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar, and bake it like a baby ham.  That's what I made for dinner last night.  To me it is comfort food.  And there are left overs for tonight.  I will never figure out, how she made it, and it fed 4 of us for two meals.  Those must have been thin slices.

image.png.537ce7d1a34c8defe46436d0f1f125f8.png

image.png.f65821822eeb5e8c06e81d381d79668d.png

• Like 23
  • Haha 5

Good morning, everyone!

It was a real bad night last night.  I was up with an upset stomach and really bad leg cramps.  It is getting better now, but I'm heading back to bed after I post this.  The good news is that we will have River with us for Thanksgiving.  River is excited and so are we.  

We've had variations of today's meal before.  I could find the pictures, but not the recipes from before so today's recipes are different than what we had before.  This first one looks really good with lots of sauce and cheese.  https://www.spendwithpennies.com/chicken-parmesan-recipe/

chickenparmesan1.thumb.jpg.275df9ec7cf0cf6ffaa9815c02531afa.jpg

You can use a ready made sauce for this one.  https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-chicken-parmesan-3052878

chickenparmesan2.thumb.jpg.2d30d6777977a3e518a7a0b0623c0134.jpg

We did have this recipe before, but the crispy chicken is a draw to me.  https://cafedelites.com/crispy-chicken-parmesan/

chickenparmesan3.thumb.jpg.b84d25d1444b79ca06ce6fb19ec67bb3.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9

Good morning everyone from a cloudy, cool Astoria OR.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Interesting collection of days, I’m a sucker for peanut butter fudge.  Strange quote, not sure what to make of it.  I love a good chicken parm.  Think I’ll pass on the drink.  I have not been to today’s port. Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!

• Like 25

Good morning. The rain/snow mix stopped sometime during the night and hopefully the dumpster lid will thaw so I can haul stuff down. I managed to find quite a bit to toss yesterday, but that frozen lid slowed me down. It is still cold this morning and more wet weather is forecast for Thanksgiving and Friday.

Poor little Monty Chihuahua is a worried little dog this morning. Roofers are starting on the building behind me and just as we went out for our first morning walk they began tossing roofing into the dumpster below them. Lots of loud bangs and Monty is fearful anyway. Not going to be an easy day with him. May be hard to get him outside.

I don't plan to go anywhere for Thanksgiving. I bought a turkey breast and have all the other fixings so the dogs and I will stay home. I probably will go out to the shelter to walk dogs early in the morning if the weather cooperates. Will visit the family by phone.... my Sister does not do Zoom.

Have a great week everyone. I hope all surgeries and doctor's visits go well. And everyone continues on a path to healing. My Sister got a laugh the other day when one of her neighbors was saying her Mother is having problems "but what can you expect at 91". Martha gently reminded her that she, Martha,  is 95.

Susan

• Like 26

Good morning all!

We have partial sun and highs in the mid 40's F here today.  A good day for walking after lunch with BFF.  It will be the last time we get together until April after my cruise, so glad her test was negative so we can do this!

All worthy days, but I don't care for peanut butter fudge -- fudge should be chocolate 😉  Chicken Parmesan sounds really good, in fact it may be what I order today for lunch.  Love all the recipes, thanks Debbie @dfish.  Will pass on the drink but I love Marlborough wines so I know I'd love this one too.  We haven't been to New Guinea -- thank you for the photos Sandi @StLouisCruisers!

Lorraine @cruising sister Sorry to hear about your stomach upset last night but glad it's over now and sending good wishes for a successful surgery and swift recovery.  I know exactly how you feel about apprehension and excitement about the GANZ because it's how I feel too.  We've been gone for 75 days before, I don't know why 94 seems so much longer (?)  I think for me it's the fact it won't be nearly as easy to FaceTime with the family because of the huge time difference...

Terry @smitty34877 Oh my on poor puppy swallowing the sock and needing surgery!  Poor little thing!

Nancy @ottahand7 Thank you for posting the gorgeous photo of the sunrise.

Debbie @dfish  Another one with GI distress!  I hope you're doing a lot better today.  Strange, I had leg cramps last night too (woke me up twice).  Otherwise I slept well.  So glad River can spend Thanksgiving with you!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

It was a real bad night last night.  I was up with an upset stomach and really bad leg cramps.  It is getting better now, but I'm heading back to bed after I post this.  The good news is that we will have River with us for Thanksgiving.  River is excited and so are we.  

We've had variations of today's meal before.  I could find the pictures, but not the recipes from before so today's recipes are different than what we had before.  This first one looks really good with lots of sauce and cheese.  https://www.spendwithpennies.com/chicken-parmesan-recipe/

You can use a ready made sauce for this one.  https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-chicken-parmesan-3052878

We did have this recipe before, but the crispy chicken is a draw to me.  https://cafedelites.com/crispy-chicken-parmesan/

Love chicken parmigiana but if I have an option I choose veal. Looks delicious. Thanks Debbie

• Like 19

Good morning from Hamilton Ontario. It’s cooler here today and we are expecting the Alberta clipper to drop some snow. We had A big party this weekend for the Grey Cup. My favourites won,the Montreal Alouettes. Green Day was spectacular and my son reminds me they were back in the day.  Hope everyone is well. I am nervously packing for the Rotterdam on Friday.it has been over three years since the last cruise on Niew Statendam with my two sons. Sadly my youngest passed away suddenly two years ago so this is bittersweet. He loved Canaletto and took a shine to he manager there so much so tha he sent Christmas gifts to the ship post cruise. We weren’t able to find out if she received them. Anyway Sean will with us in memory and I will have a meal there to remember him. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 8

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'm not a fudge fan. Violence should not be perpetrated on transgender individuals. I don't know a runner to hug. Odd quote, but true. I like the meal, pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Alotau. 2 good days in history.

It's 43F and partly sunny. The last nice day before the rain set in. I'm glad I don't have any traveling to do, as the Thanksgiving rush starts. I slept about 3.5 hours. I'm trying to put the downstairs bathroom back together after a deep cleaning yesterday. I stop frequently due to leg pain, which resolves when I sit. RIP Rosalynn Carter.

@StLouisCruisers Nice that DS and DDIL along with the 2 boys will be together for Thanksgiving. Nice photos from Alotau. Because I started including where the cruises go, the cruisers names were hard to pick out, so I tried bolding them.

@Nickelpenny Very sad about the little girl.

@seagarsmoker Good luck with your job search.

@kazu Good luck with final leaf cleanup. My neighbor's oak tree is still full of leaves, that will wait until spring.

@RMLincoln It sounds like things are really coming along in your new abode. And lots to figure out! 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for checking in. I'm sure the wind makes it harder to drive the motorhome. 

@cruising sister Sorry you were ill overnight. Prayers for your surgery today and a quick recovery.

@smitty34877 I'm glad you made it safely to NH. Sorry to hear about their dog needing emergency surgery. Enjoy the time away with this family.

@aliaschief Good luck to you and Sue with your Orthopedic appointments. 

@ottahand7 Gorgeous sunrise.

@marshhawk It sounds like you're feeling somewhat better. Any news about the Oxygen? 

@dfish Sorry to hear about your bad night. And nice to hear that River will be with you for Thanksgiving. 

@Cruising-along Enjoy your time with BFF today. 

@Niagarawine I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your DS Sean. Please try to enjoy your cruise, as I'm sure he'd want you to do.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

@rafinmd Roy if I’m read yesterday’s post from your transit  you watched your live in person transit on the web cam? 😊Seriously did you see any actual signs of the drought and has there been any recent relief from rain. By other reports there appears to be quite the back up on both oceans awaiting passage.

I wasn't really watching but on the transit to sea I spent a fair amount of time in my cabin and occasionally saw the webcam as we descended.

I could not really tell the lake level but do know we had no rain while I was there and haven't heard anything about relief. 

Roy

• Like 18

I am enjoying November here in St Petersburg. Today is sunny and 75F.

Nice tributes To Rosalyn Carter, so well deserved.

Transgendered people are very misunderstood and abused. We met a sweet Thai trans person working on the Nieuw Statendam last year in the Lido. We asked if life aboard the ship was good to which the reply was uncertain as it was her first contract.

We are looking forward to our Holiday/Christmas cruise on the Zaandam Dec 19th,  16 days to the Southern Caribbean. Our first return to an R class ship since the Volendam in 2018. Zaandam has new stage shows, not Step One, and many of the smaller ship amenities. I'll be sure to keep you posted. 

Enjoy your day however and wherever you can. 

Rolf, our waiter and his assistant on the Rotterdam at our ipper level assigned table. How could you not enjoy a well prepared meal with them catering to you? Thanks boys. You were the best.

20231019_205648.jpg

• Like 28

Good cold and sunny afternoon. Heavy rain is expected tomorrow afternoon and evening.

The turkey dinner on Saturday was delicious and even had a slice of baked ham in the container. 
I like peanut butter fudge, but prefer chocolate. 
Wednesday is my birthday and it’s a milestone, I can’t believe I’m turning 70. Some days I feel older than that. I never really felt like this on other milestones. It’s hard to believe it was 60 years ago that JFK died.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 22

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  I'll give 2 of the 3 days a pass, no real opinion on Trans Gender because if I've met someone trans gendered I am not aware of it.

Definitely a strange quote.  I don't think I've ever been to Papua New Guinea.

2 great days in history.  While I don't watch the Tour de France, I am amazed at the abilities of the people who do participate.

It's been a pretty quiet day for me here in Puerto Limon.  I was here a year ago on the Eurodam and didn't find much ashore then when I was more mobile and energetic so I won't even get off the ship.

The meal sounds interesting.  Since I didn't post to the Fleet Report and Daily, I'm going back 2 days for my alternative suggestions which means a quite related Classic Caesar Salad, Parmesan Crusted Veal Loin, and Ice Cream as served in MS Rotterdam Club Orange November 18, 2023.

dishes18.jpg

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from I-10 west of Deming, NM.  We got going about an hour and a half earlier start today than yesterday.  In spite of the wind, which is not as bad as yesterday, we're making good time.  There was one construction delay after El Paso, but going through town traffic was not bad.  Depending on how things go this afternoon, and how DH is doing, we will probably go further than planned.

5 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Good morning from NE New Jersey. It’ll take some getting used to!  It’s 31F, sunny and perfectly clear. A beautiful day. 

Granddaughter and her husband were with us yesterday. They are a huge help. They’ll be back tomorrow, giving us today to recover! Today I’ll venture out to get a few groceries. First drive out, need to find the grocery store!  Perhaps try to figure our the new washer/dryer to get some laundry done. 

Another pleasant supper in the dining room last night with grandkids, but we have to learn the reservation system and reserve more in advance, last night when we tried to reserve for tonight there we’re no time slots were available for tonight or for tomorrow with our grandkids. I think one can get on a waitlist, or a walk-in queue…. I’m sure they’ll feed us in one of the several venues. Gotta learn the ropes. 

@seagarsmoker praying for Amazing results from your job search!  

Blessings all!  It’ll be a busy week for folks in the US getting ready for Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for. Every day!  Thank you all for being here and for all you support and encouragement though our move. Now our transition phase begins, a new chapter of life. It’s exciting!  

@smitty34877 Thinking of you Terry, and those at home have got your back!  Enjoy your time away. 

Smooth travels to all away.  Peace in our hearts, families and countries!  
Maureen 

Maureen, it seems the transition is going smoothly, especially with all the help.  

4 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

I had a rough night with 3 hours of GI upset. I don’t know if is something I ate or a very quick virus. I feel better this morning and I am quickly washing the bedding and disinfecting high touch surfaces. I leave for my surgery at 11 and my son will be staying with me afterwards (they insisted). Hopefully later tonight I will feel alert enough and can send him home. Secretly I think he wants to watch the Chiefs game in peace at my house. 

I easily fit what I needed in the 2 luggage forward bags and I will probably add to them before the 14th. It is really getting close and I have both apprehension and excitement. 

I better go. Prayers for all and have a great day. 

Lorraine, I'm sorry you had a rough night with GI issues, but glad you are feeling better today.  Sending positive thoughts for a successful surgery and a quick and easy recovery.

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning from sunny New Hampshire where it is presently 29 and going up to 34 it so.

I arrived yesterday around two and discovered that their nine month old golden doodle had to have emergency surgery that morning. He had swallowed a sock and was quite ill. We went to visit last night before dinner and the poor guy looked so sad. I told the DGC’s that I still keep all laundry up and away from both dogs . Our dogs are ten and eleven but still require a fair amount of supervision.

DS and DDIL get up each day to run in the dark. They got hugs before leaving for work. Someone can have my peanut butter as I am not a fan. I look forward to the recipe but will not cook anything for a week. The DGC’s are learning to cook and assist at mealtime. I will have to work on my teenager at home  to do the same thing.

I am going out to lunch with the other grandma . She is always such fun to be with. I will bundle up to do so.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Terry, I'm happy you made it safely to NH.  I hope the new puppy is doing better today, but how sad for needing emergency surgery.  

3 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

A beautiful SW Michigan sunrise today.  Rain on the way tomorrow. 

IMG_20231120_072613737.jpg

Nancy, thanks for the picture of the fantastic sunrise.

3 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

Debbie, I hope you are feeling beetter by now.  I'm happy River will be spending Thanksgiving with you and Sue.  That is truly something to be thankful for.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We have partial sun and highs in the mid 40's F here today.  A good day for walking after lunch with BFF.  It will be the last time we get together until April after my cruise, so glad her test was negative so we can do this!

All worthy days, but I don't care for peanut butter fudge -- fudge should be chocolate 😉  Chicken Parmesan sounds really good, in fact it may be what I order today for lunch.  Love all the recipes, thanks Debbie @dfish.  Will pass on the drink but I love Marlborough wines so I know I'd love this one too.  We haven't been to New Guinea -- thank you for the photos Sandi @StLouisCruisers!

Lorraine @cruising sister Sorry to hear about your stomach upset last night but glad it's over now and sending good wishes for a successful surgery and swift recovery.  I know exactly how you feel about apprehension and excitement about the GANZ because it's how I feel too.  We've been gone for 75 days before, I don't know why 94 seems so much longer (?)  I think for me it's the fact it won't be nearly as easy to FaceTime with the family because of the huge time difference...

Terry @smitty34877 Oh my on poor puppy swallowing the sock and needing surgery!  Poor little thing!

Nancy @ottahand7 Thank you for posting the gorgeous photo of the sunrise.

Debbie @dfish  Another one with GI distress!  I hope you're doing a lot better today.  Strange, I had leg cramps last night too (woke me up twice).  Otherwise I slept well.  So glad River can spend Thanksgiving with you!

Carolyn,  I totally agree fudge should be chocolate.  I still prefer chocolate candy to fudge.  Our longest cruise was 106 days, b2b2b2b2bs on Prinsendam.  It wasn't bad, but we like longer cruises.

1 hour ago, Niagarawine said:

Good morning from Hamilton Ontario. It’s cooler here today and we are expecting the Alberta clipper to drop some snow. We had A big party this weekend for the Grey Cup. My favourites won,the Montreal Alouettes. Green Day was spectacular and my son reminds me they were back in the day.  Hope everyone is well. I am nervously packing for the Rotterdam on Friday.it has been over three years since the last cruise on Niew Statendam with my two sons. Sadly my youngest passed away suddenly two years ago so this is bittersweet. He loved Canaletto and took a shine to he manager there so much so tha he sent Christmas gifts to the ship post cruise. We weren’t able to find out if she received them. Anyway Sean will with us in memory and I will have a meal there to remember him. 

Our condolences on the death of your youngest son.  I hope you have good memories of him on your cruise.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'm not a fudge fan. Violence should not be perpetrated on transgender individuals. I don't know a runner to hug. Odd quote, but true. I like the meal, pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Alotau. 2 good days in history.

It's 43F and partly sunny. The last nice day before the rain set in. I'm glad I don't have any traveling to do, as the Thanksgiving rush starts. I slept about 3.5 hours. I'm trying to put the downstairs bathroom back together after a deep cleaning yesterday. I stop frequently due to leg pain, which resolves when I sit. RIP Rosalynn Carter.

@StLouisCruisers Nice that DS and DDIL along with the 2 boys will be together for Thanksgiving. Nice photos from Alotau. Because I started including where the cruises go, the cruisers names were hard to pick out, so I tried bolding them.

@Nickelpenny Very sad about the little girl.

@seagarsmoker Good luck with your job search.

@kazu Good luck with final leaf cleanup. My neighbor's oak tree is still full of leaves, that will wait until spring.

@RMLincoln It sounds like things are really coming along in your new abode. And lots to figure out! 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for checking in. I'm sure the wind makes it harder to drive the motorhome. 

@cruising sister Sorry you were ill overnight. Prayers for your surgery today and a quick recovery.

@smitty34877 I'm glad you made it safely to NH. Sorry to hear about their dog needing emergency surgery. Enjoy the time away with this family.

@aliaschief Good luck to you and Sue with your Orthopedic appointments. 

@ottahand7 Gorgeous sunrise.

@marshhawk It sounds like you're feeling somewhat better. Any news about the Oxygen? 

@dfish Sorry to hear about your bad night. And nice to hear that River will be with you for Thanksgiving. 

@Cruising-along Enjoy your time with BFF today. 

@Niagarawine I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your DS Sean. Please try to enjoy your cruise, as I'm sure he'd want you to do.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I admire you for getting things done in spite of the pain.  Yes, the wind is not fun, and it's higher than predicted right now, but not as bad as yesterday.  Also, the rough road conditions now days don't help.  Sometimes, we just have to go slower.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I hope both of you get good reports from the doctor visits today, and are cleared for your cruise.  I hope there is a solution to your knee problem that will let you cruise and do the things you want to do on the cruise.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope they can arrange for the oxygen today, and that you continue to feel better everyday.  I also hope Chuck @catmando is not having side effects from his fall.

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, cruising sister said:

I had a rough night with 3 hours of GI upset. I don’t know if is something I ate or a very quick virus. I feel better this morning and I am quickly washing the bedding and disinfecting high touch surfaces. I leave for my surgery at 11 and my son will be staying with me afterwards (they insisted). Hopefully later tonight I will feel alert enough and can send him home. Secretly I think he wants to watch the Chiefs game in peace at my house. 

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your rough night 😔. Could it have been nerves with the impending surgery?  Best wishes for the surgery today.  I am very glad your son is staying with you.  Let him stay, please.

7 hours ago, cruising sister said:

I easily fit what I needed in the 2 luggage forward bags and I will probably add to them before the 14th. It is really getting close and I have both apprehension and excitement. 

I understand that all too well.  Try to forget the apprehension and enjoy the excitement.  You’ll be fine 🙂 

6 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning from sunny New Hampshire where it is presently 29 and going up to 34 it so.

I arrived yesterday around two and discovered that their nine month old golden doodle had to have emergency surgery that morning. He had swallowed a sock and was quite ill. We went to visit last night before dinner and the poor guy looked so sad. I told the DGC’s that I still keep all laundry up and away from both dogs . Our dogs are ten and eleven but still require a fair amount of supervision.

Oh my heavens 😱. That’s scary and expensive.  Poor puppy.  There are certain things you make sure are not within a dog’s reach no matter how “good” they are 99.9% of the time.  I hope he recovers quickly and your DGC’s are not feeling too much pain from the bill and too tired from the care.  🤞 

6 hours ago, aliaschief said:

We both have our orthopedic appointment’s today and praying we both get green flags.

Best wishes for your appointments today and big green flags 🤞 

6 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Today heading to Orlando for the appointments that were rescheduled during last weeks storms. 

Best wishes for your appointments today, Charlene.

5 hours ago, dfish said:

Oh Debbie, so sorry on your bad night.  I know you’ve had a nap since but that never solves the problem 😔. I hope you can get a very good night’s sleep tonight and catch up on your lost sleep 🤞 

How wonderful that River will be with you and Sue for Thanksgiving. 👍. I bet it is her best, ever.

3 hours ago, Niagarawine said:

I am nervously packing for the Rotterdam on Friday.it has been over three years since the last cruise on Niew Statendam with my two sons. Sadly my youngest passed away suddenly two years ago so this is bittersweet. He loved Canaletto and took a shine to he manager there so much so tha he sent Christmas gifts to the ship post cruise. We weren’t able to find out if she received them. Anyway Sean will with us in memory and I will have a meal there to remember him. 

I am so sorry to hear of your loss sad. I’m sure your Canletto visit will be bitter sweet 💔.   I am sure Sean would want you to enjoy the meal and cruise and hope you can take some solace in that and the good memories ♥️ 

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

It's been a pretty quiet day for me here in Puerto Limon.  I was here a year ago on the Eurodam and didn't find much ashore then when I was more mobile and energetic so I won't even get off the ship.

That’s a shame, Roy.  Costa Rica is really beautiful.  We did a private tour there and enjoyed it very much.  You’re right - the town itself doesn’t offer much.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

We made it to Benson, AZ, about 3pm MST.  We talked about going to the other side of Tucson so we would get into Quartzsite earlier tomorrow, but I-10 was extremely rough in New Mexico and Arizona.  All the bouncing messed with DH's still recovering head from the shunt placement.  In particular, it jostled the drain tubing in his neck.  It was better to stop early, and let him rest.

I'm now among the walking wounded due to my own fault.  This is the first time we've had a slide on the passenger side of a motorhome.  I was walking into the sun and couldn't see, so I was looking down at the ground.  I walked right into the slide with a bang DH heard and probably felt since it was the bedroom slide and he was lying down.

It doesn't look like I cut my forehead, but broke the skin open from the force of the hit.  Boy did it bleed, but just a few minutes of pressure stopped the bleeding.  When we looked at it, there was also the beginnings of a bump and a bruise, in addition to what looked like a dent in my forehead.  It's sore, but not hurting as bad.  We won't be surprised if I have a very mild concussion.  I'm just lucky I did walk into the sharp corner.  When I do something dumb, I don't do it half way.  As pentance, I'll forgo wine tonight.  @JazzyV Vanessa I'm not hurt enough to be on the care list.

Tomorrow, will be a shorter day, so I should be able to get somethings done once we fet to Quartzsite.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 9

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from I-10 west of Deming, NM.  We got going about an hour and a half earlier start today than yesterday.  In spite of the wind, which is not as bad as yesterday, we're making good time.  There was one construction delay after El Paso, but going through town traffic was not bad.  Depending on how things go this afternoon, and how DH is doing, we will probably go further than planned.

Maureen, it seems the transition is going smoothly, especially with all the help.  

Lorraine, I'm sorry you had a rough night with GI issues, but glad you are feeling better today.  Sending positive thoughts for a successful surgery and a quick and easy recovery.

Terry, I'm happy you made it safely to NH.  I hope the new puppy is doing better today, but how sad for needing emergency surgery.  

Nancy, thanks for the picture of the fantastic sunrise.

Debbie, I hope you are feeling beetter by now.  I'm happy River will be spending Thanksgiving with you and Sue.  That is truly something to be thankful for.

Carolyn,  I totally agree fudge should be chocolate.  I still prefer chocolate candy to fudge.  Our longest cruise was 106 days, b2b2b2b2bs on Prinsendam.  It wasn't bad, but we like longer cruises.

Our condolences on the death of your youngest son.  I hope you have good memories of him on your cruise.

Vanessa, I admire you for getting things done in spite of the pain.  Yes, the wind is not fun, and it's higher than predicted right now, but not as bad as yesterday.  Also, the rough road conditions now days don't help.  Sometimes, we just have to go slower.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I hope both of you get good reports from the doctor visits today, and are cleared for your cruise.  I hope there is a solution to your knee problem that will let you cruise and do the things you want to do on the cruise.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope they can arrange for the oxygen today, and that you continue to feel better everyday.  I also hope Chuck @catmando is not having side effects from his fall.

Lenda

Thanks for your thoughts. I’m going to have a busy month. X-Ray was normal but doctor says “I have classic meniscus tear.” They are rushing to take care of me. MRI tomorrow morning at 7:45, f/u at ortho then schedule arthroscopic surgery as early as possible. Post surgery a couple of days on crutches then a few days of PT. Can continue exercise on ship. 🤞Do pray that I will make it. Geez I just read what happened to you. Glad nothing serious. Be careful.

Appreciate your concern and others. Bruce

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3