Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

39 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

I really don‘t understand this voting. They ask just the people on the ship but not other affected cruisers on the later sailings. So the full World cruisers decide about the faith of other people‘s cruise and also about the financial impact for Royal (more cancellations will cost them more)

It's my understanding that segment 3 passengers get to submit questions and vote. Probably why they are hosting a webinar from the ship.

Mini leg folks have no input or say in the matter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, orville99 said:

What happens to people who were scheduled to board in Dubai for the entire third quarter of the WC? Are they getting a vote?  Are they even going to be able to do that leg?

Yes

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Tatra603 said:

So my TA called RC (UK) today to bat for me.

She was baffled by the level of intransigence shown by both persons she spoke to.

TA: "My client has booked flight and hotel in Dubai. He would like to book the new cruise leaving on the 9th May and is surprised he hasn't been given that option"

RC: His options are to rebook another cruise or cancel for a full refund. There is no sailing on the 9th"

TA: "It's part of a world cruise. We know that it won't sail a quarter full. We know it will be remarketed. Why haven't the existing bookings been given the option of the new itinerary?"

RC: "Your client has no other option than to book another cruise or ask for a refund. There are no other options"

They went round and round in circles. RC supervisor stuck to the script. They recommended I booked an alternative cruise and wallow in the incredibly generous $100 OBC, as there is no cruise leaving Dubai on May 9th.

My TA was very professional, but could get nowhere. She said it's an awful way to treat loyal paying customers.

It was weird just how much they were trying to steer us away from the idea that there might still be a possibility of Dubai to Cape Town. Everything, including the seemingly pointless 11 day delay before voting, seems designed to dissuade us mini segmenters from holding out in the hope of getting our cruise (and stateroom) back.

We all watched the confusion during Covid and how all the rules were constantly changing with Royal (and others).

IMO, I would hold off making your final decision until last possible day and maybe by then they will have min-segments ready to put on the market.   

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Tatra603 said:

They went round and round in circles. RC supervisor stuck to the script.

The RCI site still has the original Dubai leg and the follow on leg for sale - not sure why anyone would expect for RCI to stick to anything but the current script.

RCI, who thinks RCI opened themselves up to criticism by giving anyone a vote on what they should do.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Hope you don’t need medical attention after checking out the prices on these segments.” 😂 

The first day RCCL released the pricing on the mini-segments, they were very, very reasonable (less than $100 Canadian per day).  They went up quickly after that.  The one we booked was 3 times as expensive, days later.  Keep watching to see after the itinerary is selected, if they permit booking of mini-segments (not sure why they would choose to sail so empty when they can make revenue by letting more passengers on for the mini-segments and keep their crew busy as well), because pricing may be decent when (if) first made available for booking.

9 hours ago, Tatra603 said:

The thought of looking out of our hotel window and seeing Serenade docked, knowing that we won't be boarding fills me with dread and annoyance. 

Relatives of ours had driven all the way from Canada down to Fort Lauderdale just before Covid.  The Covid shutdown was announced on February 13th, and they had the "pleasure" of watching their ship come in on the 14th and then sail away with crew only that day.  Cannot imagine how that must have felt for them or for you if you are there watching the Serenade depart without you.  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tatra603 said:

She was baffled by the level of intransigence shown by both persons she spoke to.

TA: "My client has booked flight and hotel in Dubai. He would like to book the new cruise leaving on the 9th May and is surprised he hasn't been given that option"

RC: His options are to rebook another cruise or cancel for a full refund. There is no sailing on the 9th"

TA: "It's part of a world cruise. We know that it won't sail a quarter full. We know it will be remarketed. Why haven't the existing bookings been given the option of the new itinerary?"

RC: "Your client has no other option than to book another cruise or ask for a refund. There are no other options"

They went round and round in circles. RC supervisor stuck to the script. They recommended I booked an alternative cruise and wallow in the incredibly generous $100 OBC, as there is no cruise leaving Dubai on May 9th.

My TA was very professional, but could get nowhere. She said it's an awful way to treat loyal paying customers.

It was weird just how much they were trying to steer us away from the idea that there might still be a possibility of Dubai to Cape Town. Everything, including the seemingly pointless 11 day delay before voting, seems designed to dissuade us mini segmenters from holding out in the hope of getting our cruise (and stateroom) back.

Copy and paste this exact  post on Royal Caribbeans Facebook page and see what happens?

Keep us posted.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

The Covid shutdown was announced on February 13th,

I think you meant March. RCL announced the shutdown the second week of March 2020 (the 8th or 9th if I remember correctly)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I think you meant March. RCL announced the shutdown the second week of March 2020 (the 8th or 9th if I remember correctly)

In Australia shutdown was announced March 13th when New Zealand closed it's ports to us.  We were on Radiance having just done the 35 nt circumnavigation, had done muster for sailing to New Zealand when the captain made the announcement. Flew home 2 days later.

32 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I did mean to say March, you are correct.  It was Friday, March 13th, 2020 exactly.  We remember because it was Friday the 13th around 5 or 6 pm, and we were in the Detroit airport about to board our plane to Florida when Trump made the announcement and the RCCL email came moments later that the cruise departing the next day.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That's why it's so green and beautiful. I loved it there.

I lived windward side on oahu 10 years. I got used to being wet. Did you live there or just visit. Being in the rain daily does get to many from the mainland. I loved maui the best. Kauai was beautiful, middle of Kauai the wettest spot on earth. 

Big difference between living there and keeping the jungle under control near hilo on average and just a visit. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

In Australia shutdown was announced March 13th when New Zealand closed its ports to us.  We were on Radiance having just done the 35 nt circumnavigation, had done muster for sailing to New Zealand when the captain made the announcement. Flew home 2 days later.

We had just gotten off of Harmony at the end of February, and were on our way up to Ponta Vidra to watch the Players when they suspended play after the first round.

15 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I lived windward side on oahu 10 years. I got used to being wet. Did you live there or just visit. Being in the rain daily does get to many from the mainland. I loved maui the best. Kauai was beautiful, middle of Kauai the wettest spot on earth. 

Big difference between living there and keeping the jungle under control near hilo on average and just a visit. 

Visit

2 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

I did mean to say March, you are correct.  It was Friday, March 13th, 2020 exactly.  We remember because it was Friday the 13th around 5 or 6 pm, and we were in the Detroit airport about to board our plane to Florida when Trump made the announcement and the RCCL email came moments later that the cruise departing the next day.

I flew home to Detroit on March 13th, 2020 after spending 6 days at Disney World!  On Wednesday of that week, DS found out he wasn't going to be going back to College campus and by Monday everything shut down in Michigan.  Hard to believe 4 years have passed 🙄.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Tatra603 said:

I would have thought that after the vote and they know which itinerary ( no brainer) and those that have cancelled and dropped out- then they know how many will be in board and they will market this unique one off chance to see some amazing ports!

Those who were originally booked on the Dubai Suez segment should of course be grandfathered in. It’s disgusting that they aren’t doing this. 
good luck

Edited by little britain
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Relatives of ours had driven all the way from Canada down to Fort Lauderdale just before Covid.  The Covid shutdown was announced on February 13th, and they had the "pleasure" of watching their ship come in on the 14th and then sail away with crew only that day.  Cannot imagine how that must have felt for them or for you if you are there watching the Serenade depart without you.  

Big difference, because of Covid all the cruise lines shut down at that time.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if the decisions are already made and the vote is to make people feel like they are having some say in the matter.

I regularly watch Don on YT and heard this news. My gut reaction was that the decision has been made and they're hoping passengers agree on the decision or they run a sham vote.

If there is any leadership within the UWC passengers, y'all might want to have an internal vote amongst yourselves to trust but verify what RCI claims is the majority opinion.

Edited by Mike07
  • Like 5