The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday January 30th, 2024

kazu

I won't be celebrating any of the special days, not that I wouldn't like a croissant.

The chuck roast would be OK with me. I've had the cocktail and like it but it will be a while before I can have another. Finger Lakes wineries excel in Riesling, and I'll nominate the just-released HJW Vineyard 2021. I haven't been to Airlie Beach.

As noted by Vanessa, Mohs surgery today, potentially taking all day. I've just had the pre-surgical antibiotic. I finished the course assignment for this week yesterday so that I won't have to do anything tomorrow.

mathexercise.thumb.gif.d3b2ace0f04f5104c6e91611f84265db.gif

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I won't be celebrating any of the special days, not that I wouldn't like a croissant.

The chuck roast would be OK with me. I've had the cocktail and like it but it will be a while before I can have another. Finger Lakes wineries excel in Riesling, and I'll nominate the just-released HJW Vineyard 2021. I haven't been to Airlie Beach.

As noted by Vanessa, Mohs surgery today, potentially taking all day. I've just had the pre-surgical antibiotic. I finished the course assignment for this week yesterday so that I won't have to do anything tomorrow.

Best wishes for your Mohs surgery today.

• Like 17

58 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Greetings from beautiful Punta Gorda

Coolest morning of the winter season with a low of 47, 67 for the high, warming up tomorrow with low 70s through Sunday

I like a croissant once in awhile

Interesting quote

I like the meal

Yesterday afternoon DW tripped on a sprinkler head in the back yard, wound up with a laceration on the lower left leg and needed 7 stitches, we spent 2 hours in the emergency room, she had a little pain but is doing pretty good this morning, being a retired registered nurse she knew what to do with icing and managed to almost stop the bleeding before we reached the hospital 

I started playing Daily Wordle almost a month ago, sort of hooked now and have won 26 games without a loss, I’ve gone down to the last line more than a few times

Good day on the course yesterday morning as I shot my age with a pretty smooth 77 but took a double bogey on the last hole

Have a great day and stay well.

Your poor DW!  I'm glad it wasn't any worse and that you got it taken care of quickly. 

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope your shoulder pain goes away quickly Sandi.

Thanks so much Graham!

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good post Roy.

Your meal sounds good except Grapefruit is a big no no with heart medication so take care my friend.

Good advice Graham.  I decided to look for medications that are affected by grapefruit and found this list.

AVOID GRAPEFRUIT IF YOU’RE TAKING ANY OF THESE 53 MEDICATIONS

Budesonide corticosteroids

Cancer drugs 

• Crizotinib
  • Dasatinib
  • Erlotinib
  • Everolimus
  • Lapatinib
  • Nilotinib
  • Pazopanib
  • Sunitinib
  • Vandetanib
  • Vemurafenib

Infection drugs 

• Erythromycin
  • Halofantrine
  • Maraviroc
  • Primaquine
  • Quinine
  • Rilpivirine 

Statins 

• Atorvastatin
  • Lovastatin
  • Simvastatin

Heart/blood vessel drugs 

• Amiodarone
  • Apixaban
  • Clopidogrel
  • Dronedarone
  • Eplerenone
  • Felodipine
  • Nifedipine
  • Quinidine
  • Rivaroxaban
  • Ticagrelor

Drugs for anxiety or the nervous system 

• Oral alfentanil
  • Buspirone
  • Dextromethorphan
  • Oral fentanyl
  • Oral ketamine
  • Lurasidone
  • Oxycodone
  • Pimozide
  • Quetiapine
  • Triazolam
  • Ziprasidone

Nausea drugs 

• Domperidone

Immunosuppressants

• Cyclosporine
  • Everolimus
  • Sirolimus
  • Tacrolimus

Urinary tract medications 

• Darifenacin
  • Fesoterodine
  • Solifenain
  • Silodosin
  • Tamsulosin

Fexofenadine (an anti-histamine)

5 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Good luck today Paul and I hope they get a clean margin first try!👍

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

Good morning. It is going up to 35 or so but remains cloudy. I probably could draw a dinosaur but won’t. I would love a croissant but there are none nearby.I would very much like to escape  and will continue to daydream.

A huge Bon Voyage to our travelers:  @dfish and Sue, @Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda and Steve,  @Sharon in AZSharon and Craig , and @summer slope, Dixie and George. I am sure you will all enjoy your Hawaiian cruise and it is fun to think of all of you together!

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, Posture during activity can be a huge contributor to shoulder pain. A forward head position with elevated and rolled forward shoulders puts a lot of stress on the tendons that have to occupy a small space. It leads to more inflammation. The left arm is working to stabilize and hold the  shoulder blades  appropriately. My DD has had cervical spine surgery and a rotator cuff tear repair-due to an accident and gets frequent shoulder pain. I nag her incessantly about posture while working especially as she is at a computer  all day. Now I am nagging you! Sorry! Also, I think the pain patches are truly awesome, try them.

Today we await the Hospice nurse. I am concerned about the shortness of breath Tana is still experiencing . She is on a high level of O2. We know that this is part of the disease but hope there is something that will give her even temporary relief. I am hoping that she does not get the cold symptoms the other half of the house has. 
Have a great day today and stay safe.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Your poor DW!  I'm glad it wasn't any worse and that you got it taken care of quickly. 

Thanks so much Graham!

Good advice Graham.  I decided to look for medications that are affected by grapefruit and found this list.

AVOID GRAPEFRUIT IF YOU’RE TAKING ANY OF THESE 53 MEDICATIONS

Budesonide corticosteroids

Cancer drugs 

• Crizotinib
  • Dasatinib
  • Erlotinib
  • Everolimus
  • Lapatinib
  • Nilotinib
  • Pazopanib
  • Sunitinib
  • Vandetanib
  • Vemurafenib

Infection drugs 

• Erythromycin
  • Halofantrine
  • Maraviroc
  • Primaquine
  • Quinine
  • Rilpivirine 

Statins 

• Atorvastatin
  • Lovastatin
  • Simvastatin

Heart/blood vessel drugs 

• Amiodarone
  • Apixaban
  • Clopidogrel
  • Dronedarone
  • Eplerenone
  • Felodipine
  • Nifedipine
  • Quinidine
  • Rivaroxaban
  • Ticagrelor

Drugs for anxiety or the nervous system 

• Oral alfentanil
  • Buspirone
  • Dextromethorphan
  • Oral fentanyl
  • Oral ketamine
  • Lurasidone
  • Oxycodone
  • Pimozide
  • Quetiapine
  • Triazolam
  • Ziprasidone

Nausea drugs 

• Domperidone

Immunosuppressants

• Cyclosporine
  • Everolimus
  • Sirolimus
  • Tacrolimus

Urinary tract medications 

• Darifenacin
  • Fesoterodine
  • Solifenain
  • Silodosin
  • Tamsulosin

Fexofenadine (an anti-histamine)

Good luck today Paul and I hope they get a clean margin first try!👍

Thanks @StLouisCruisers, take care with your shoulder.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We love croissants, cheese or chocolate are our favourites.  I can't draw, so drawing a dinosaur is out of the question - I will take a photo of one though, if I see it in the wild.  Yep, would love to escape today!

Well the "frozen tundra" is thawing; right now we're looking at a temperature of 0 (32F), and our predicted high is +6 (42F).  This is crazy!   Yesterday 11 communities in our province set record high temperatures for that date; I'm not sure where this is going to lead.

Bon Voyage to all these wonderful people:  @summer slope, @Sharon in AZ, @dfish, and @Quartzsite Cruiser, I hope you all have a fabulous time!

@HAL Sailera belated Happy Birthday to you for yesterday - I'm sorry I didn't get back in time to wish you greetings on the day.

@StLouisCruisersI do hope your shoulder gets better - doing cross stitch can definitely put a strain on it, and you have such a big project!

@kazu I hope all goes well with Ivan's appointment today - and yes, let the vet lift him if he doesn't get on the scale by himself.

@kochleffel good luck with your surgery today.

I did get busy yesterday, as I went out to get my pedicure and stopped for a minute to chat with a neighbour.  Apparently the older couple (in their mid-80's) who live down the street had an accident where she slipped on a mat in the kitchen and fractured her arm, leaving her DH struggling.  So, after my appointment, I put together a large container of soup and went over to their house and spent the better part of the day helping with household tasks.  Their kitchen, bathrooms and living room should be good for a few days, at least until their family arrives from the U.S. tomorrow.  I'll check in on them later today to see what they still need to have done.  

This morning I'm going to get my nails done (another pre-cruise appointment), but I think on the way home I'm going to stop and pick up some croissants as well as cat food.  Although DH doesn't read books often, I found one that has really captured his attention, so he's got a lot of reading to do, which will keep him occupied while I'm out.  

I'm going to pass on the drink of the day, as well as the wine, and would like today's menu suggestion, as it's often what I do to a beef roast.  Usually I toss everything into the crock pot, pour over a container of beef broth and let it cook on low all day long.  For us, however, there's still hamburger soup to get through, so we'll be enjoying that along with cheese croissants at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially those involved in wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations going on today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is going up to 35 or so but remains cloudy. I probably could draw a dinosaur but won’t. I would love a croissant but there are none nearby.I would very much like to escape  and will continue to daydream.

A huge Bon Voyage to our travelers:  @dfish and Sue, @Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda and Steve,  @Sharon in AZSharon and Craig , and @summer slope, Dixie and George. I am sure you will all enjoy your Hawaiian cruise and it is fun to think of all of you together!

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, Posture during activity can be a huge contributor to shoulder pain. A forward head position with elevated and rolled forward shoulders puts a lot of stress on the tendons that have to occupy a small space. It leads to more inflammation. The left arm is working to stabilize and hold the  shoulder blades  appropriately. My DD has had cervical spine surgery and a rotator cuff tear repair-due to an accident and gets frequent shoulder pain. I nag her incessantly about posture while working especially as she is at a computer  all day. Now I am nagging you! Sorry! Also, I think the pain patches are truly awesome, try them.

Today we await the Hospice nurse. I am concerned about the shortness of breath Tana is still experiencing . She is on a high level of O2. We know that this is part of the disease but hope there is something that will give her even temporary relief. I am hoping that she does not get the cold symptoms the other half of the house has. 

Sending prayers 🙏 and good wishes to Tana Terry.

It must be very distressing for Tana so give her my love and a hug.

Graham x

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Another good visit with my nutritionist. My blood sugars have stabilized to 120 or less. This is good for a diabetic. My weight is down. She would like me to increase strength training as this will benefit me the most as I age. This I can do. My next set of blood work is due at the end of next month and I expect to see some good results. 

That is excellent news!  Good for you on achieving the good numbers 🙂  I hope next month’s numbers are as good if not better 🤞 

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

Yesterday afternoon DW tripped on a sprinkler head in the back yard, wound up with a laceration on the lower left leg and needed 7 stitches, we spent 2 hours in the emergency room, she had a little pain but is doing pretty good this morning, being a retired registered nurse she knew what to do with icing and managed to almost stop the bleeding before we reached the hospital 

Yikes on the fall and the stitches 😬. I hope your DW recovers quickly and doesn’t suffer too much pain 🙏 

14 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Best wishes for your surgery, Paul.  

4 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Today we await the Hospice nurse. I am concerned about the shortness of breath Tana is still experiencing . She is on a high level of O2. We know that this is part of the disease but hope there is something that will give her even temporary relief. 

Poor Tana.  I hope and pray that the Hospice nurse can help her 🙏 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Oh, poor Tana!  I hope she can be made more comfortable, and that she doesn't catch anything else right now.  

I agree that posture could contribute to the shoulder issue and am going to concentrate on maintaining a straighter posture.  Nag all you want because what you say is very beneficial.  I'll look into getting some pain patches too.  Probably have them available as part of our health benefits where we can order OTC products every quarter and I haven't done that yet this quarter.  

7 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Thanks @StLouisCruisers, take care with your shoulder.

I will!🙂

5 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We love croissants, cheese or chocolate are our favourites.  I can't draw, so drawing a dinosaur is out of the question - I will take a photo of one though, if I see it in the wild.  Yep, would love to escape today!

Well the "frozen tundra" is thawing; right now we're looking at a temperature of 0 (32F), and our predicted high is +6 (42F).  This is crazy!   Yesterday 11 communities in our province set record high temperatures for that date; I'm not sure where this is going to lead.

Bon Voyage to all these wonderful people:  @summer slope, @Sharon in AZ, @dfish, and @Quartzsite Cruiser, I hope you all have a fabulous time!

@HAL Sailera belated Happy Birthday to you for yesterday - I'm sorry I didn't get back in time to wish you greetings on the day.

@StLouisCruisersI do hope your shoulder gets better - doing cross stitch can definitely put a strain on it, and you have such a big project!

@kazu I hope all goes well with Ivan's appointment today - and yes, let the vet lift him if he doesn't get on the scale by himself.

@kochleffel good luck with your surgery today.

I did get busy yesterday, as I went out to get my pedicure and stopped for a minute to chat with a neighbour.  Apparently the older couple (in their mid-80's) who live down the street had an accident where she slipped on a mat in the kitchen and fractured her arm, leaving her DH struggling.  So, after my appointment, I put together a large container of soup and went over to their house and spent the better part of the day helping with household tasks.  Their kitchen, bathrooms and living room should be good for a few days, at least until their family arrives from the U.S. tomorrow.  I'll check in on them later today to see what they still need to have done.  

This morning I'm going to get my nails done (another pre-cruise appointment), but I think on the way home I'm going to stop and pick up some croissants as well as cat food.  Although DH doesn't read books often, I found one that has really captured his attention, so he's got a lot of reading to do, which will keep him occupied while I'm out.  

I'm going to pass on the drink of the day, as well as the wine, and would like today's menu suggestion, as it's often what I do to a beef roast.  Usually I toss everything into the crock pot, pour over a container of beef broth and let it cook on low all day long.  For us, however, there's still hamburger soup to get through, so we'll be enjoying that along with cheese croissants at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially those involved in wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations going on today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Thanks Gerry!  I'm going to concentrate on my posture and take frequent breaks.  What you're doing for your neighbors is truly a kind offering.  People don't like to ask for help when they need it, and you are one who just gets busy and does something about it.  I'd love to have a neighbor like you!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily updates.  I would love a chocolate croissant this morning but will have to wait until we sail on the Rotterdam in a couple weeks.  My drawing skills would render something along the lines as Dino from the Flintstones, if I’m lucky.  We’ll escape to Ft. Lauderdale two weeks from today.  The quote is pretty accurate from my experience.  I like the meal and drink suggestions very much.  We should all be so lucky to have a neighbor like @ger_77, what a gem!  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to those celebrating happy events today!  Bon voyage to our friends @summer slope, @dfish, @Sharon in AZ, and @Quartzsite Cruiser have a wonderful cruise! 🏝️🛳️🌺

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Dailyites from Georgetown. It's 44 working it's way to 73.

Bon voyage to @summer slope @Sharon in AZ @Quartzsite Cruiser and @dfish I'm so happy you can all sail together and write us about your adventures along the way.

I love the Panama rolls at the bakery board on Rotterdam. It looks like a boring roll, but inside has a creamy almond flavor. Add butter.. yum!

Prayers going out to our friends in need this morning. Prayers for soldiers around the world and those suffering in war torn countries. 

Yesterday morning I got a text from my girlfriend asking if I was able to help her, but a lot of blood was involved. Yikes!! I packed up every 1st aid thing I had and ran over. She had been slicing zucchini with her mandoline and cut 2 finger pads off. It was awful. There were 2 big holes bleeding like crazy. I got her cleaned and wrapped up and checked again last night. I suggested urgent care, but she didn't think they'd do any better than I did.. 

Thank you for prayers for Ron. Poor guy is inside out with his pain and Alzheimers he doesn't know where he's at. They installed new beds that are lower profile, and side rails, that help stop him from rolling out of bed. 

Hoping everyone has a blessed day. Call a friend. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Paul, prayers for a successful surgery. Allen has had 5 and has been pretty lucky only needing 1 or 2 scrapings.

Sandi, it helps to stop and stretch ever so often. When I crochet I get so involved I forget too. I make my head go slowly around and back the other way a few times. I hope you are better.

Gerry, what a great neighbor you are for taking soup and lending a hand. 

Our heating/AC guy came for our 6 month check. Even though I change my filter every month, he told me to stop burning candles and stop using plug ins. My filter is always black. I'll just use them outside from now on.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

18 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Bon Voyage Summer Slope (Dixie & George)!

Bon Voyage Sharon in AZ (Sharon & Craig)!

Bon Voyage Quartzsite Cruiser (Lenda & Steve)!

Bon Voyage dfish (Debbie & Sue)!

image.thumb.png.191f066800cb19d9c10d18a285bdf0d8.png

Ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto.

• Like 12
  • Haha 3

@summer slope  Bon Voyage.! 

You must be thirsty for a special drink while on your cruise after posting drink recipes everyday on this thread. If you don’t have the drink package, have a drink on me. Just tell them RNB is treating. Every bartender on HAL knows me!

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

28 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites from Georgetown. It's 44 working it's way to 73.

Bon voyage to @summer slope @Sharon in AZ @Quartzsite Cruiser and @dfish I'm so happy you can all sail together and write us about your adventures along the way.

I love the Panama rolls at the bakery board on Rotterdam. It looks like a boring roll, but inside has a creamy almond flavor. Add butter.. yum!

Prayers going out to our friends in need this morning. Prayers for soldiers around the world and those suffering in war torn countries. 

Yesterday morning I got a text from my girlfriend asking if I was able to help her, but a lot of blood was involved. Yikes!! I packed up every 1st aid thing I had and ran over. She had been slicing zucchini with her mandoline and cut 2 finger pads off. It was awful. There were 2 big holes bleeding like crazy. I got her cleaned and wrapped up and checked again last night. I suggested urgent care, but she didn't think they'd do any better than I did.. 

Thank you for prayers for Ron. Poor guy is inside out with his pain and Alzheimers he doesn't know where he's at. They installed new beds that are lower profile, and side rails, that help stop him from rolling out of bed. 

Hoping everyone has a blessed day. Call a friend. 

Joy, another great friend in our midst!  That was so nice of you to drop everything and run to help your girlfriend in her time of need.  Wishes for quick healing for her!  Prayers for your friend Ron, too.  I know when DMIL was out of it they kept her bed so low, and put the cushioning pads on the floor to protect her.  She was very squirmy.  

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Paul, prayers for a successful surgery. Allen has had 5 and has been pretty lucky only needing 1 or 2 scrapings.

Sandi, it helps to stop and stretch ever so often. When I crochet I get so involved I forget too. I make my head go slowly around and back the other way a few times. I hope you are better.

Gerry, what a great neighbor you are for taking soup and lending a hand. 

Our heating/AC guy came for our 6 month check. Even though I change my filter every month, he told me to stop burning candles and stop using plug ins. My filter is always black. I'll just use them outside from now on.

I'm trying to get up and stretch a lot.  And I already twist my head from side to side while exercising in the mornings.  AARP defensive driving courses recommend that because too many of us as we get older can't turn our heads enough to check for traffic while changing lanes.  We have to keep the ol' body parts moving!!

4 minutes ago, GTVCRUISER said:

ms Koningsdam in San Diego today 🙂 

shipbest1sm.jpg

ship4bestmed.jpg

shipsideviewsm.jpg

Oh boy!  Their ride has arrived!🚢🥂

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1