The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday March 1st, 2024

kazu

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui. Roy, thank you for the maps!

Vanessa, I am sending a virtual hug to celebrate your improvement since the 22nd. Thank you for keeping up with us. 

My Sister got out of bed twice yesterday, walked a few steps and sat in a chair for a few hours each time. She also started respiratory therapy and when she goes home, her grandson who lives with her will be her coach. 😎 She starts solid food this morning, and I can’t wait to find out what they offer her. She hates eggs. We hope to hear today when she will be allowed to go home. Her A-fib needs to get under control before she can go. The cardiologist returns today with an option that might do the trick. 🤞🏻 Again, thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. We all appreciate them so much. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Terry, and the other caregivers on the Daily, I admire you more now than I already did. Bless you all. 

@aliaschief Happy Birthday, Bruce! Do it up right Down Under!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Franzia Sunset Blush Pink Wine

Wal-Mart not only offers the best price for today’s widely available wine, it provided the best information about this rosé.  It offers a 5L box for $10.98. 😎

Distributor notes

Franzia Sunset Blush is semi-sweet and refreshing blush wine red berry flavors. This Sunset Blush pairs well with pork, fresh fruit or lazy rivers. Store in the refrigerator or a cool, dry place and serve chilled. Each 5L box of Franzia yields 34 glasses of wine, which is the best way to share our delicious wine with each and every one of your Franz. Franzia stays fresh for up to 6 weeks after opening and can go where traditional glass bottles can’t: the beach, the park, camping, tailgating, etc! Franzia has a history of over 100 years of crafting delicious, award-winning wines at an unbeatable value. It all started in 1906 when Teresa Franzia planted her first vineyards, which led to the establishment of Franzia Brothers Winery, a legacy she would pass down to her five sons. For years, our quality wines have won more than 150 awards across the portfolio. Today, Franzia remains the World’s Most Popular Wine for 25 consecutive years (by volume), continuing to make Franz around the world with a new design, on-the-go sizes and more delicious flavors. There is a special kind of friendship that is made around a box of Franzia, your Franz for Life.

A semi-sweet and refreshing wine with red berry flavors

Pair it with pork, fresh fruit or lazy rivers

Smaller carbon footprint and less packaging waste than traditional glass bottles

One 5L box = 34, 5oz glasses, stays fresh for six weeks after opening

Stays fresh for six weeks after opening

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Posted (edited)

Rabbit 🐇 Rabbit 🐰white rabbit 🐇

Important days - my pups don't mind their pills when topped w/peanut butter. Agree w/the quote, pass on the meal and drink, would try the wine, not been to the port, big days in history  - l❤️ve Yellowstone. 

Happy Birthday @aliaschief

Welcome home @SeaSickSailor must feel good to not be in jail

Yesterday's visit to eye doctor was long. Says the Rx I got in Oct was made correctly but it's not what I need. Even w/different glasses, things will be fuzzy because of Dry Eye; the procedure she wanted to do was not approved by insurance so they will appeal and I'll go back next month. Hard to work at a computer all day when things aren't clear. She also said the twitching is likely muscular, but will wait until I see the neurologist in a week. I am falling apart. 

Currently 43° headed to 73°. I think the rain is done until next week. Yesterday's driving was rough w/the rain. Today I'm not getting out, so of course it will be dry.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 🙏

20240301_071343.thumb.jpg.cafe52dbe71dd450f342a3352789eaa3.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 22

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit! Just stopping by early (for me) to wish everyone Happy March -- it's Spring!! Just hope the weather people follow through on that!

Happy Birthday @aliaschief!

Many thanks to everyone who keep this a warm and welcoming site!

• Like 23

Good morning Dailyites. Rabbit! Rabbit! White Rabbit!! I need a lucky March.

@cat shepard I have been saying prayers for your sister. I hope the doctors come up with a solid plan for her.

@smitty34877 you are amazing to take in all the family members and care for them. God bless you!

@JazzyV thank you for the care list and I pray for your health "daily".

Prayers lifted to all on our care list, Sandi's family and friend, and my prayer book. The raging wars around the world, and our Texas fires.

Hapoy Birthday Bruce!

Last night was game night. Paella was delicious and we had so much food left over, we need to make less, or invite more friends. 

Our weather today should get up to the mid 70's, sunshine is out!

Our plans today are going to lunch, although I have a few chores before we leave.

Endometriosis is horrible and painful, I had a hysterectomy in my 30's. 

I love to watch baby's sleep. I'll bet many here would love to sleep like a baby!

image.png.753fbb6eb1c8208d67d6d13bee902662.png

I pretty much stick to crunchy almond butter. PB not so much.

image.png.b0ba7435d3dc81de1411f803534bb72a.png

Lifting love and blessings for our Daily group. Have a great weekend. Xx

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit.  Thanks for the daily updates.  Another cold start today, I think it will warm up by the time I join some former colleagues for lunch today.  Remember these that would hang on your door at nap time?  image.jpeg.0d56a0b9bda97c8ac42c318370e4796d.jpeg

Endometriosis awareness is very important as many women suffer from it.  I’ll celebrate peanut butter today by eating some peanut butter cookies.  I like today’s quote very much.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion as we’ll be having borscht and shrimp cocktail for dinner.  Not sure about today’s cocktail.  We were in today’s port in September, it was beautiful, hot and very crowded.  Prayers for those on our prayer list today.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events and happy birthday to @aliaschief!

IMG_1286.thumb.jpeg.0691c142263d05313e2012012d2aa067.jpeg

IMG_1218.thumb.jpeg.8a8919c5000744afac814ddac4889cb8.jpeg

IMG_1198.thumb.jpeg.2f24673736a56a45ec4a092d9d0ac5da.jpeg

IMG_1193.thumb.jpeg.f9a17fa9c9560b08d12828b2c4563e95.jpeg

David after touring the US!

IMG_1252.thumb.png.9cda2df2f1bf84f8ace4af2b6be4aa49.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

24 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I just saw this on another site and it really made me laugh.  Hope it does for you as well on this first Friday morning in March.

MorningPoem.thumb.jpg.b010de26db9938bcb0d35b85111c29ec.jpg

I should go in for a study on people who don't drink coffee.  Never!  What is waking me up and keeping me moving each morning?🤔

20 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. Rabbit! Rabbit! White Rabbit!! I need a lucky March.

@cat shepard I have been saying prayers for your sister. I hope the doctors come up with a solid plan for her.

@smitty34877 you are amazing to take in all the family members and care for them. God bless you!

@JazzyV thank you for the care list and I pray for your health "daily".

Prayers lifted to all on our care list, Sandi's family and friend, and my prayer book. The raging wars around the world, and our Texas fires.

Hapoy Birthday Bruce!

Last night was game night. Paella was delicious and we had so much food left over, we need to make less, or invite more friends. 

Our weather today should get up to the mid 70's, sunshine is out!

Our plans today are going to lunch, although I have a few chores before we leave.

Endometriosis is horrible and painful, I had a hysterectomy in my 30's. 

I love to watch baby's sleep. I'll bet many here would love to sleep like a baby!

image.png.753fbb6eb1c8208d67d6d13bee902662.png

I pretty much stick to crunchy almond butter. PB not so much.

image.png.b0ba7435d3dc81de1411f803534bb72a.png

Lifting love and blessings for our Daily group. Have a great weekend. Xx

Thanks for your prayers, each and every day.  You certainly are a JOY!  The Mom closes her eyes meme is so true!

DS texted their plane was delayed because of a medical emergency.  Then they said we will need to refuel.  They left two hours and twenty minutes late and the woman who supposedly had a medical emergency walked off the plane.  Crazy, huh?

• Like 18

Posted (edited)

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!  Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  It is 40 degrees and raining cats and dogs!

th?id=OIP.hobcPVUD1F5nQlJgRpaV7AHaHe&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

I need to walk around the house and change all the calendars.  We had planned on going to a free piano concert at the Noon series at Emory, but when I get done with walking the dog, I may not want to go out again, and have to walk in the rain.  It's quite a hike from the parking to the museum and concert room.

Taking my dieticians advice and having some cottage cheese, and two slices of pineapple, (that was my idea) and my sensor went off the charts again.  She is allowing me 30 gm carbs per meal, and that was only 20.  As she said, it's not the food.  I know my food.  I watch my carbs.  I am just not excited about having to spend 1200 a month on another med.  Money I dont have.  As my friend Elena said yesterday, I could take a cruise to Mexico, and get the drugs, for less than what we pay in the US for the drugs.

Sorry about the whine.

@kazuI know you dont complain when you are ill, but if you are in need of some help right now, please let us know.  I had noticed you had been rather quiet since my return from internet Hades, so adding you to my prayer list.  Please get well soon.

5b1156bf60e5f-funny-cat-comics-scott-met

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Rabbit, rabbit. I would like a peanut butter cup right now. More people need to heed Mr. Huxley.

I wouldn't mind turkey bolognese but probably won't make it. Pass on the drink.

As far as I know, Bully Hill is the only Finger Lakes winery to box any wine, but I think that their Sweet Walter Rosé is sweeter and redder than the Franzia. Walter Taylor founded Bully Hill. He is from the family that founded Taylor Wine Company, which fired him in 1970. Coca-Cola, which had acquired Taylor Wine, sued to prevent him from using the Taylor name on wine.

Their Le Goat Blush, in a bottle, is probably more similar. Walter Taylor had noticed when farmers protesting in Washington let a herd of goats loose, and he bought a goat, saying "They took my name and heritage, but they didn't get my goat."

I was at Livorno in 2018 on the Norwegian Epic and visited Florence and Pisa, but can't locate pictures.

Today I plan to attend a virtual Shabbat service at 12:30 p.m., which is the wrong time here but the right time in Europe. That's a bit like "It's after 5:00 somewhere in the world."

Mybillsarewashed.jpg.90ef562925060ae653f412e764d06dfd.jpg

• Like 17
  • Haha 6

Good cold and sunny morning. Rain is expected tomorrow and then warmer weather next week. 
Rabbit white rabbit was said upon waking up. Happy March.

2 of my favorite greenhouses open for the season today, Spring is coming.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 17

I said my Rabbits and prayers during the long sleepless wee hours. I did get back to sleep a bit but not enough. DH also…. it happens. At least we don’t have to drag ourselves to work. 

Yesterday I succeeded in speaking with a person in medical records who said she will send my previous mammograms to New Jersey🤞. Then I walked to my dental appt👍. Had a pleasant supper with neighbors from down the hall before attending a fun, on-campus concert in our chapel with a neighborhood band from the adjoining town of Bloomingdale’s who played a lot of Big Band swing. It was a lovely day, no idea why we couldn’t sleep!  

Tomorrow we’re expecting DGD and her electrician husband to come for the day and help us with installing new lighting. It’s been about 6 weeks since we saw them but it feels like 6 months. It’ll be a rainy day but I’m hoping that won’t be an issue for them!  

Blessings to all in need, especially our caregivers- Terry, Melissa, Ann…. and our spouses, family and friends who are always there. Gerry you are a gem helping so many, today helping Wayne!  Hoping he can improve quickly.   

🥂 Happy Birthday again @aliaschief Bruce!  🎂. Hope you got to see your Sydney friends. 
Smooth travels to all our friends away especially our many cruisers!  

Thank you Sandi for your map and pictures. We went to Cinque Terre with my cousins on the 2015 cousins reunion. It was miserably overrun with people in late September. Spent 3 nights in La Spetzia. We hiked part of the steep up-and-down trail between the villages but it was difficult terrain for me and overcrowded on the narrow paths. The train station platform at Monterrosa was 6 people deep waiting to get back to La Spetzia. The boat back was delightful with the tugged coastal scenery and for me the best part!  During a port call in Livorno on a different trip we took the local train to Pisa, then a local bus to the “Field of Miracles”.  DH climbed the tower. We had been there before on my first cousins reunion trip in 2010, both times it rained in Pisa. The tower can be treacherous- slanted, the well-worn marble slippery with sand and wet…. I preferred time in the church and baptistery taking in the magnificent architecture, marble work and art from 1100!    The sanctuary lamp hangs high overhead in the church and swings gently with the earth’s rotation, and is reported to have inspired Galileo to study 
the solar system. 

Thanks all for sharing here!  Please Enjoy this day!  
Maureen 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, kazu said:
Nieuw Amsterdam

Cozumel, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya 11:00 - 21:00 

Actually, Nieuw Amsterdam is at sea today - heading towards Ft. Lauderdale, arriving there March 2 (tomorrow)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

RABBIT 🐰  RABBIT 🐰 WHITE RABBIT 🐇 

Good morning from a sunny and not windy yet Quartzsite.  It was 50F when I got up, and our predicted high is 76F.  The winds will reach 14mph this afternoon, and 24mph tomorrow.  I'm glad doing the laundry today so I can hand most of the clothes outside.

There is nothing as soothing as a baby sleeping.  Endometriosis is a horrible condition, and one DD had it so bad, she had major surgery to remove most of it from her abdomen.  I'm another odd ball in that I do not like peanut butter except on those cheese crackers you can buy.

The Aldous Huxley quote is very true.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and the wine.  Well, DH would probably enjoy the wine, but he is allergic to Franzia wines.

We've been to Livorno more times than I can remember, and we missed it once on Noordam III due to high winds.  The Pilot refused to come out to guide the ship into port.

Yellowstone is my favorite National Park, so I'll gladly celebrate its founding in  1872.  Hats of to Georgeana (York), Maine, on becoming the first incorporated town in 1642.

@Nickelpenny  Pennie, I'm glad you enjoyed Boca da Varleria yesterday.  When we visited the village, we were told to donate to the school and church, but not to give the kids any money.  They would give it to their parents who would spend it in the local bar.

@ger_77  Gerry, I'm sorry your friend Wayne has pulmonary edema and pneumonia.  I hope he can come home today, and will make a speedy recovery.  Be careful in the coming storm.

@cat shepard  Thanks for the update on your sister.  I hope the get the Afib under control soon.

@Haljo1935  Elizabeth, I hope they get approval for the procedure to help with your dry eyes.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope you can get your numbers back in normal range so you won't need insulin.

@kazu Jacqui and @rafinmd Roy, Koningsdam has dropped Fanning Island from their itinerary after having to return to Kona for a medical disembarkation.  The captain told the passengers they should still make it to Raiatea on time.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm sorry you are not doing well.  Sending positive thoughts for a better day today and in the coming days.

428689797_946008986882524_6417349373280038200_n.jpg.00b0e9505faf9692c4b0eb658e7a7512.jpg

429554997_10159312783831431_8169466664265685251_n.jpg.f10e7cc917ca1ec23e7edb3a1bedacbd.jpg

429661624_808884131256235_3161970015073302500_n.jpg.24cfacfb0da4f98c7a39bcad0ad8b161.jpg

429900994_383254014468597_8321271930360588369_n.jpg.c1d9fcbfcb125a0d94c44e59116d68a2.jpg

429913097_10232981776187869_6712067940010465788_n.jpg.063e69811acde482392e446b272cd9a5.jpg

430129560_394209936532675_9021401299159685124_n.jpg.693782626ddcfbe249d8e462d5847806.jpg

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 11

7 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Actually, Nieuw Amsterdam is at sea today - heading towards Ft. Lauderdale, arriving there March 2 (tomorrow)

I will try to remember that for tomorrow in case the location is not correct.  

I did say TRY 😉 don’t beat me up if I forget, please.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kazu said:

I did say TRY 😉 don’t beat me up if I forget, please.

Never would do that. Besides, I'll be busy getting off the ship (sadly) and then on the way home. No computer time for me.

• Like 9

Good morning. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu, @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit! No babies here. Endometriosis is an important health challenge for many woman. Yes, my day! I eat a spoonful of peanut butter (chunky) almost every day, for a snack. True quote. I like the meal. Pass on the drink and maybe on the wine. I've been to Florence on a land trip, but not Pisa or Livorno. I'd like to go back with BFF, as he hasn't been to Italy. 3 good days; I love Yellowstone.

It started out frosty here a 23F, but it's going up to the 50's, and it's sunny! I slept about 4.5 hours, but had a nap from 4-6 in the recliner yesterday. The leg is feeling pretty good. I have PT early this afternoon. I want to start getting my china and glassware back into the china cabinet over the weekend. 

@kazu I hope you are having less pain today.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for your photos.

@smitty34877 Continued prayers for you and your family. 

@ger_77 Sorry to hear that Wayne is in the hospital. So nice of you to help him out. Stay safe during the storm!

@Mr. Boston @Sir PMP Nice photos.

@cat shepard Great to hear of your sister's progress toward recovery. Continued prayers for her and the family. 

@Haljo1935 I hope you can get the eye treatment you need to help your vision.

@Seasick Sailor Your prayers are appreciated.

@marshhawk I hope you can get your sugars under control by lifestyle changes, although controlling our stressors is not easy.

@RMLincoln Sorry to hear about sleeping difficulties last night. Despite my afternoon nap, I was out like a light last night. Enjoy the visit from DGD and her DH. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

A few pictures from Florence (pre-digital photos scanned so not the best quality)

View of Florence from Piazalle Michelangelo

038.thumb.jpg.c3a3fff665fde3f2c88c2e0cc3c01f70.jpg

Galleria dell'Accademia, Michelangelo's David

1357136685_043-GalleriadellAccademiaMichelangelosDavidFlorence.thumb.jpg.dde5b94bd2af6c8ac0eb082ef6abbfe0.jpg

496589723_045-David.thumb.jpg.7a15989afb3da36f584b9fc82b10b8ab.jpg

Duomo of Florence

659109824_049-Duomo(Cathedral)ofFlorence.thumb.jpg.a13f9f1ed3f0208cce3071968417986e.jpg

East Doors of Baptistry of San Giovanni

247724889_052-EastDoorsofBaptisteryofSanGiovanniFlorence.thumb.jpg.bdfe83f179b2e8932582504cb3588733.jpg

054.thumb.jpg.6adb60ad139ad9c4fa99f0f3988980ab.jpg

Neptune Fountain, Piazza della Signoria

1818590074_057-NeptuneFountain.thumb.jpg.41afd9f249a35dbd1abc63035693c93c.jpg

Basilica of Santa Croce

1878941549_058-BaslilicaOfSantaCroceFlorence.thumb.jpg.c503786b3fda64406c8675dc6be93cae.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

57 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Sorry about the whine.

Not a whine at all.  Sorry to hear your news 😔 

57 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@kazuI know you dont complain when you are ill, but if you are in need of some help right now, please let us know.  I had noticed you had been rather quiet since my return from internet Hades, so adding you to my prayer list.  Please get well soon.

thanks Annie.  I’m just in a funk with the time of year, life and my pain.  Hopefully the lumbar X-ray tell something that can help.  In the meantime I just do my exercises for what they are worth.  

8 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@kazu Jacqui and @rafinmd Roy, Koningsdam has dropped Fanning Island from their itinerary after having to return to Kona for a medical disembarkation.  The captain told the passengers they should still make it to Raiatea on time.

Lenda, could you please tell me if Koningsdam will be in Kona tomorrow?  I don’t have access to the Fleet Report in advance of the day it pertains to.  Hopefully it is just March 2nd that is affected?  thanks 🙂 

8 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm sorry you are not doing well.  Sending positive thoughts for a better day today and in the coming days.

Thanks, kindly.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, kazu said:

Not a whine at all.  Sorry to hear your news 😔 

thanks Annie.  I’m just in a funk with the time of year, life and my pain.  Hopefully the lumbar X-ray tell something that can help.  In the meantime I just do my exercises for what they are worth.  

Lenda, could you please tell me if Koningsdam will be in Kona tomorrow?  I don’t have access to the Fleet Report in advance of the day it pertains to.  Hopefully it is just March 2nd that is affected?  thanks 🙂 

Thanks, kindly.

Jacqui, I'm sorry about the pain and the funk.  

Koningsdam returned to Kona on Wednesday night, and she is now at sea on her way to Raiatea, and should be there on time.  The captain had hoped to get close enough for a helicopter to evacuate the passenger, but they wound up returning to Kona and disembarking two patients, spouses and luggage by tender.  The delay was enough for the captain to decided to skip Fanning Island.

All this information is on the live from thread from the current Koningsdam cruise.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

We've been to Livorno seven times and missed it once due to wind.  

In 2001, we took a tour to Florence and Pisa.  Walking into Pisa from the parking lot was one of those moments where it was better than expected, with the Baptistry, Church and Tower backed by a clear blue sky.  After that, we have done our own thing, renting cars most times.

In 2002, on the Noordam, the Leaning Tower had just opened to visitors,  With the suggestion from the port guide, Barbara H, we left the ship early.  In fact, we were the first ones off the ship, even before the ship was cleared.  The Security Officer told the gangway crew to let us leave since he knew us.  They were still getting everything set up for the day.   We found a taxi to take us to the train station, but he said he could get us to Pisa quicker, and on the way to the Leaning Tower, he showed us the train station in Pisa.  We were at the ticket office by 7:30 am and had tickets for the 8 am climb.  Your are allowed 35 minutes to go up and back.

Here are a couple of different views of Pisa.

IMG_0674.thumb.JPG.7002d264f56a08272b73af407d845c24.JPG

IMG_0678.thumb.JPG.060c115f93000d7fe63821bc643c88ac.JPG

This is one of the anchors cables attached to the tower in the latest attempt to straighten the tower.  IIRC, it did pull it back several degrees and concrete was poured under the foundation of the raised area.  In 2001, the tower was closed because of the anchors and the correction being made to the lean.  After 9/11 when the tourist levels fell, the tower was opened for tours to help bring the tourists in.

PICT0010.thumb.JPG.4d211a767ea08f5112874429bb9985ac.JPG

In 2016, on the Prinsendam, we rented a car and drove to Florence and then to Sienna.  This is what I call the $120 picture.  We were driving through the walled part of Sienna, not knowing we were not supposed to be there.  A year later, the day before we were leaving for another long Pdam cruise, we got a letter from Italy, that was a fine for driving in a no auto area.  The funny thing was, I got the ticket even though DG was driving, since my name was on the rental agreement.  This is the cathedral in Sienna.

DSC07457.thumb.JPG.430c4b268ace09fd4b7351be76700c49.JPG

In 2019, on the Veendam, we were in Livorno three times.  Since we had never really explored Livorno, we decided to stay in town that year and avoid the crowds in Florence.  

The first day, we took the Ho-Ho and visited the village of Santuario al Montenero, by funicular which was included in the Ho-Ho ticket.

DSC06875.thumb.JPG.96364a508944372433118a02e15b3e60.JPG

DSC06886.thumb.JPG.b5f0ae7568b61279b109331c0ff41adf.JPG

The next two stops there, we rode the local bus, stopping once at the beach.   At several areas of the beach you have to pay to get in, but we found a nice place where we could sit and get a coke.

DSC08143.thumb.JPG.29ad090cf7a0b6beec18c9c2ee88ec1c.JPG

Livorno is not a tourist town, but we still managed to enjoy the days there, since they were slow paced and we could take it easy.

DSC06869.thumb.JPG.4c4c55b0133083c07f4af71d40f9295e.JPGDSC08145.thumb.JPG.f4ae7d14ea6901e52051249c49bfd6a7.JPG

DSC07174.thumb.JPG.b09e26cbde60613f963cad983c7b832d.JPG

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

On several of our visits to Livorno, we have rented cars are toured the countryside of Tuscany.  These pictures are from visits to three different towns in the area.

We visited Lucca in 2004 while on Noordam III.  The two of the gates to the walled city.

IMG_2763.thumb.JPG.d0eabcc5e3b748939a3ecc176cc6b282.JPG

IMG_2765.thumb.JPG.23ff2a376d4052f24e768f3d89d900f6.JPG

Inside the walls

IMG_2766.thumb.JPG.802381a01c6fa94c0b50133f3ce3ef30.JPG

IMG_2769.thumb.JPG.33bd4031718138dbbcd99a5b6690f9b6.JPG

IMG_2771.thumb.JPG.f14460d7009aa106aa15ebee96665283.JPG

IMG_2772.thumb.JPG.1799190d5c4d9880efe27e6e4acb2ce3.JPG

IMG_2776.thumb.JPG.d1ac679ccb745ea01b24a9ffdcd4f86a.JPG

In 2008 while on the Prinsendam, we drove to San Gimignano, which is known for it's square towers.  This is the Piazza del Duomo

IMG_3821.thumb.JPG.73c26ce4cc7ea811bce38114094cf479.JPG

IMG_3822.thumb.JPG.3167a9591587a57daf7d0de9379da54c.JPG

An interesting building in the Pizza del Cisterna

IMG_3827.thumb.JPG.9bb5b9ba654f6a09d7fdb7feebcfa938.JPG

IMG_3829.thumb.JPG.07d2c3cf23875a36d6e0bacd9d9f06c3.JPG

The countryside west of San Gimignano with the town in the background of one picture.

IMG_3836.thumb.JPG.8454751d39b3279bf58540320bd401d7.JPG

IMG_3837.thumb.JPG.82536c5e183e9737bb5f6fe31827f542.JPG

IMG_3845.thumb.JPG.009b39cf370227bb76321ca5e90d403f.JPG

Our final stop that day was Volterra, which sits on top of a hill as the name implies.  It is a climb from the parking garage to the main part of the town.  The first picture is Volterra from the highway.

IMG_3848.thumb.JPG.73eb0f634429a28bd3f9181cbd4c3e5f.JPG

IMG_3855.thumb.JPG.d9923261b349dc99f375417d39a1c7e9.JPG

IMG_3857.thumb.JPG.87d8e27c8afe0fb56ddc31fc39f8a5d8.JPG

IMG_3854.thumb.JPG.6a4c375b8acc1aa665431723c9e2a7d6.JPG

We found the best gelato in a small shop on one of the narrow streets.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2