Good news with Celebrity cruise. Report the changes

Things can be a little on the negative side for Celebrity. However i think they are starting to make some changes for the good. I think some of our complaints have started to hit home. 

We got Decoy wine back

Dedicated Butlers for the suites

Zenith now can do a cruise only fare for suites in fact they are offering it on cruises already booked and paid for 

We now can book a cruise to Cococay   If you haven’t tried, you will love it   We took grand kids. And got are own Cabana WOW. Expensive but it was great 

Officer are all over the ship talking to everybody

i know prices seemed to have almost doubled but what hasn’t 

oh well, if you know others   Please report the good suff

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

I'm a big fan of focusing on the positive so thank you!  And I think there are still deals to be had...even in this current market.  We just booked a 10 night cruise on Beyond with drinks and wifi for less than 4 grand.   Not in a suite but still an amazing deal, IMO.

• Like 9

A few positives to add:

-Check in process at the pier has greatly improved

-Able to drop off your luggage in the room when you board

-No more gimmicks like all female bridge cruises

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Things can be a little on the negative side for Celebrity. However i think they are starting to make some changes for the good. I think some of our complaints have started to hit home. 

We got Decoy wine back

Dedicated Butlers for the suites

Zenith now can do a cruise only fare for suites in fact they are offering it on cruises already booked and paid for 

We now can book a cruise to Cococay   If you haven’t tried, you will love it   We took grand kids. And got are own Cabana WOW. Expensive but it was great 

Officer are all over the ship talking to everybody

i know prices seemed to have almost doubled but what hasn’t 

oh well, if you know others   Please report the good suff

All good stuff but a minor correction.  The cruise only fare for Zenith booking suites  is not being allowed on cruises that are paid in full. So those of us with paid cruises for April, May and most of June do not get our price adjusted. 

36 minutes ago, jelayne said:

All good stuff but a minor correction.  The cruise only fare for Zenith booking suites  is not being allowed on cruises that are paid in full. So those of us with paid cruises for April, May and most of June do not get our price adjusted. 

Will they perhaps give you some OBC if you asked?  Some posters have mentioned they've received OBC after final payment.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Jelayne

call the Zenith desk and ask for Edwin. 

We are on the Eclipse April 27th 2024 cruise. We are paid in full and yes they did give us $1300 credit back.  Gotta ask the right person. I posted this on another thread.  I was quite surprised that they did. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, keesar said:

A gimmick or just a really cool thing? What is an all-male bridge crew called? Normal?

• Like 29
  • Thanks 14
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, keesar said:

A few positives to add:

I've never had a problem with your first - or your second -.  The third - how about when they announce the bridge team and it's all male, what would you call it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Room steward (aka Retreat Host) kept us supplied with bottled water in our room without us asking

There were different steak options every night in Luminae (short cruise) and they were really good

The free sparkling wine (champagne?) was actually decent in the Retreat and Luminae (in our experience it was usually mediocre on past cruises)

The production show "Life" was a huge improvement over past production shows 

Luminae had more chocolate desserts than I remember in the past

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Now if they only do for Conundrum what they did for Decoy! 

Well now i will have to buy a bottle of Conundrum.  Haven’t tried it before. I learned about decoy wine on this site and now its one of my favorites. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I'm a big fan of focusing on the positive so thank you!  And I think there are still deals to be had...even in this current market.  We just booked a 10 night cruise on Beyond with drinks and wifi for less than 4 grand.   Not in a suite but still an amazing deal, IMO.

Hello Georgia_Peaches from Toronto!  Can you please tell me what date you got this great price (although in Canada it will cost me an extra 35% to pay in CDN funds) 😭 We have been on Beyond four times, and Ascent this past January.  I feel that Captain Kate runs a tight ship as there was no comparison. We have an upcoming TP on Edge next month....it will be interesting to experience the first Edge class ship!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Jelayne

call the Zenith desk and ask for Edwin. 

We are on the Eclipse April 27th 2024 cruise. We are paid in full and yes they did give us $1300 credit back.  Gotta ask the right person. I posted this on another thread.  I was quite surprised that they did. 

Thanks for the info.  Today we decided to upgrade and when the TA was repricing for the upgrade the Zenith price came up.  Pleasant surprise as it saved us $1600.  

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Thanks for the info.  Today we decided to upgrade and when the TA was repricing for the upgrade the Zenith price came up.  Pleasant surprise as it saved us $1600.  

That’s huge Jelayne ,

i was so excited because it was someone on another thread that alerted me to the change. Just wanted to share the info on the deal we got. Hopefully its consistent across the board with all others. 

Every time i think i got it all figured out, someone has another good idea.  Yes upgrading would allow them to apply the new change. Smart idea. 

5 hours ago, keesar said:

A few positives to add:

Dropping off luggage in the room when you board has been done for several years now. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, osborne66 said:

Dropping off luggage in the room when you board has been done for several years now. 

Haven't cruised Celebrity in many years.  I seem to remember that you could not go into the corridor your cabin was in to leave your luggage until they announced cabins were ready.  So go directly to leave your carry on luggage in cabin even though it may not be ready?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tbmrt said:

Haven't cruised Celebrity in many years.  I seem to remember that you could not go into the corridor your cabin was in to leave your luggage until they announced cabins were ready.  So go directly to leave your carry on luggage in cabin even though it may not be ready?

Yes , you go to your cabin , because that is where you pick up your seapass 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, debfed65 said:

Hello Georgia_Peaches from Toronto!  Can you please tell me what date you got this great price (although in Canada it will cost me an extra 35% to pay in CDN funds) 😭 We have been on Beyond four times, and Ascent this past January.  I feel that Captain Kate runs a tight ship as there was no comparison. We have an upcoming TP on Edge next month....it will be interesting to experience the first Edge class ship!  

We made the booking in early March for Nov 15 embarkation. Our category is a Deluxe Ocean View on deck 9. We got a group rate through our TA with the classic drinks pkg, basic wifi, and $350 obc. It will be our first OV category but after researching the room on Youtube, it looks very spacious and even has a faux balcony set up with a pair of chairs and a small table in front of a large window with a captain’s view. 

Though I never get too enamored by who’s driving the ship, Captain Kate has quite the reputation so we are excited to sail with her!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tbmrt said:

It's changed. I was able to do it on the Edge in 2020 before everything shut down. You can drop off your carry-on and get your seapass, but you are asked to then leave until they open completely.

2 hours ago, tbmrt said:

Yes. This new procedure began about the same time Celebrity was Revolutionizing older ships. As I recall, the process was implemented first on new and revolutionized ships, then expanded to unrevolutionized ships. You pick up your seapass card from the mail slot outside your cabin--not in the terminal, drop your bags in the cabin, then move about the ship until rooms are ready.