Using diamond benefits on a Celebrity Cruise

2 hours ago, attitudeda said:

NO you are select. 

NO.  They are now Elite!  Once they get onboard, they will have the Elite benefits.  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, attitudeda said:

But if the OP sailed once with celebrity and used her royal status to become select. They are not going to make her elite.

YES, they will!!!  I became Diamond last year;  this past March, we were Elite on Celebrity.  We are no where near 300 points.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were Platinum or Emerald (can't remember which) when we sailed Celebrity in 2017.  We were Select back then.  Since 2017 we became Diamond on Royal.  We were automatically upgraded to Elite on Celebrity.

Having said that, Celebrity has pretty poor perks for Elite compared to Diamond (and above) for Royal.  The happy hour is right overtop of dinner (unless you eat late).  You can't order elite drinks from the MDR, so if you want one you need to leave your table, exit the dining room, and find a bar.  The laundry can be nice but we've never used it on Royal or Celebrity.

Maybe some of the perks will be of some meaningful benefit to you, but it's almost useless to us.

The 4 drink vouchers and the 24 hours of wifi are far above any of the Elite benefits on Celebrity

• Like 3

Yes after you have 300 point.

Wrong. You are confusing the OP. I am going on my FIRST Celebrity cruise next month and I’m listed as Elite since I’m D+ on Royal. Just like Celebrity Elite get Diamond status on Royal.

@driverandrewsDid you happen to get your Captains number on Celebrity before you got to Diamond? That may be why it showed Select. Just give them a call, or it may automatically update now that your Diamond. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, attitudeda said:

The only way for you to become elite is to reach 300 club points with celebrity. We waited until we were diamond before we sail with Celebrity.

Wrong!

4 hours ago, attitudeda said:

Yes it is a status match with celebrity but you will need the number of points on celebrity to become elite. Here and example if you are pinnacle with royal you will only have elite status on celebrity.

Wrong!

3 hours ago, attitudeda said:

NO you are select. 

Wrong!

3 hours ago, attitudeda said:

Yes after you have 300 point.

Wrong!

But if the OP sailed once with celebrity and used her royal status to become select. They are not going to make her elite.

Wrong!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

OP, your status should have automatically updated on Celebrity since their accounts are closely connected with Royal.  Try logging in, deleting your Captains Circle number and then re-enter it and saving again.  Should update the system.  If it doesn't, call Captains Circle and they will fix it.

4 hours ago, driverandrews said:

Thanks, so if I am Elite I get the benefits offered at this level when I take the celebrity cruise ?

I’ll call them. 

Captains Club phone number - 1-800-760-0654. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, attitudeda said:

The only way for you to become elite is to reach 300 club points with celebrity. We waited until we were diamond before we sail with Celebrity.

😁 You can be Elite with zero CC ponts. You can be Diamond with zero CAS points. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Exactly!  I am elite on Celebrity with 56 points!  

When I became elite I had zero points, because of all of our top suites I am close to 500 . 

I just logged into Celebrity for the first time ever. I used my RCI log in. I then enrolled in the Captains Club. I am currently Diamond on RCI. I am now listed as Elite on Celebrity with zero points. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, George C said:

When I became elite I had zero points, because of all of our top suites I am close to 500 . 

I also had zero points with Celebrity on my first Celebrity cruise, yet I was Elite.😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, driverandrews said:

Apologies, it’s getting confusing.  I’m already diamond on Royal Caribbean but only select ( level below elite ) on Celebrity.

You should contact the Captains Club then to have your status updated, You should be elite on Celebrity based on your diamond status with Royal.

1 hour ago, Tlbecker1 said:

I also had zero points with Celebrity on my first Celebrity cruise, yet I was Elite.😀

I had zero points with Celebrity on my first Celebrity cruise, yet I was Nothing.  😄

When I took my first Celebrity cruise the reciprocal program didn't exist (was Platinum on RCI).

• Like 2

Thanks everyone, I didn’t reply last night as I’m in the UK …time difference. Yes, I did get my captains club number a long time ago and only just made diamond in March .  I’m  probably too eager to see the new level on Celebrity.

I did email them last night, but will call if I don’t hear back.

• Like 1

Whether you are Diamond, Diamond Plus or Pinnacle on RCI, you automatically receive Elite Status.  I am Diamond Plus on RCI but only Elite on X with 58 Captain's Club points. If I want to get to Elite Plus or Zenith on X then I have to earn the required points on X - they are not interchangeable with RCI.  

The same is true if you are Elite, Elite+ or Zenith on X, then you only get Diamond status on RCI unless you earn the required points on RCI for Diamond+ or Pinnacle.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

We were Platinum or Emerald (can't remember which) when we sailed Celebrity in 2017.  We were Select back then.  Since 2017 we became Diamond on Royal.  We were automatically upgraded to Elite on Celebrity.

Having said that, Celebrity has pretty poor perks for Elite compared to Diamond (and above) for Royal.  The happy hour is right overtop of dinner (unless you eat late).  You can't order elite drinks from the MDR, so if you want one you need to leave your table, exit the dining room, and find a bar.  The laundry can be nice but we've never used it on Royal or Celebrity.

Maybe some of the perks will be of some meaningful benefit to you, but it's almost useless to us.

The 4 drink vouchers and the 24 hours of wifi are far above any of the Elite benefits on Celebrity

I agree. Will be sailing X for the first time in many years soon and I was very disappointed in the Elite perks. We are doing early dining so would need to go find a bar to grab a drink and carry it to the dining room. Never used the laundry service on any cruise, never even used the laundry room on lines that have them. 

We had  cruised a couple of times on X but as soon as we turned Diamond received an email welcoming us as Elite, so they knew. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, gerif said:

I agree. Will be sailing X for the first time in many years soon and I was very disappointed in the Elite perks. We are doing early dining so would need to go find a bar to grab a drink and carry it to the dining room. Never used the laundry service on any cruise, never even used the laundry room on lines that have them. 

We had  cruised a couple of times on X but as soon as we turned Diamond received an email welcoming us as Elite, so they knew. 

The good thing is, Celebrity is a great product overall. 

I would be interested in trying their newer ships.  We did the Equinox (Solstice class) again in December and while food and drink was good (on par with Royal) it was just sleepy compared to what we're used to with Royal.  It was the week before Christmas and I think they were maybe putting in a lot of effort planning for that next week and kind of forgot about us. 😄 (Just a guess.)