The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday April 11th, 2024

kazu

Today is International "Louie Louie" Day, National Clean Up Your Pantry Day, and National Pet Day

If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me. - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Meal Suggestion for today - 3-Ingredient Chicken Caesar Flatbread
Drink of the Day - Rum Swizzle
Wine of the Day - Carpano-Punt-E-Mes 
Destination of the Day - Norfolk, Virginia, US 

Today in History:
1968 US President Lyndon B. Johnson signs 1968 Civil Rights Act

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 04-12

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island eta 04-16

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Cartagena Colombia eta 04-12

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Brest, France eta 04-17

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island Azores Portugal eta 04-12

Rotterdam

Cozumel, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya 07:00 - 18:00 

Volendam

Huatulco, La Crucecita, Mexico Riviera 08:00 - 14:00 

Zaandam

Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico 07:00 - 14:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Lautoka, Fiji 08:00 - 17:00 

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Yokohama, Tokyo, Japan Kanagawa eta 04-13

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Maputo, Mozambique eta 4/13

• Like 16
  • Thanks 24

Today’s Care List:

RMLincoln’s DSIL back in the hospital, slight improvement

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, on maximal oxygen

Cruzin Terri’s DH Jim seeing Neurologist today

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages; Haiti unrest

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Nickelpenny with leg numbness and pain

Mr. Boston’s friend Lauren with aggressive cancer, in hospice care

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday to Haljo1935’s DH!

Welcome Home USN59-79 from Taipei

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for LAFFNVEGAS (Norwegian Joy Apr 14 to Apr 21) 7d Bermuda from NY

Ocean sounds (Zaandam to Apr 13) 14d Solar Eclipse & Mexican Riviera, SusieKIslandGirl (Discovery Princess to Apr 13) 10d Mexican Riviera with Total Solar Eclipse, Heartgrove’s DW Sue and DSIL (Rotterdam to Apr 13) 6d W. Caribbean, Vict0riann (Nieuw Statendam to Apr 21) 14d Bermuda, Brittany & The English Channel Expedition, Lobsternight (Koningsdam to April 27) 22d Solar Eclipse & Circle Hawaii, Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, for Overhead Fred (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 17
  • Thanks 25

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

We had t-storms early this morning. We didn't have internet or cable service until a few minutes ago. 

I hope everyone here has a great day!  

20231105_050458.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Today out here on the vast Indian Ocean our culinary team put on an Indian Rice Table Brunch that was beautifully presented and so delicious. We ate sparingly as we have a Chef’s Table Indian dinner tonight.

Tomorrow Sri Lanka where we are on a 4x4 vehicle hoping to see wildlife out on the Savanna.

What a marvelous experience.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 10

Rum Swizzle:

A Rum Swizzle is a rum-based cocktail often called "Bermuda's national drink". The Royal Gazette has referred to it as "the legendary Sam swizzle...perfect for sharing and irresistible to locals and tourists alike".... Wikipedia
Ingredients:
2 oz Bermuda falernum,
4 oz Gosling’s Barbados Rum
4 oz. Gosling’s Black Seal Rum
5 oz. Orange juice
5 oz. Pineapple juice
6 dashes Angostura Bitters

Preparation: Mix in pitcher with crushed ice, shake vigorously until a frothing head appears. Strain into cocktail glasses. Garnish with a slice of orange and a cherry. Serves 6.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: A slice of Orange, Cherry
Drinkware: Cocktail Glass

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 6.21.01 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 20

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Thanks for the maps.  Thanks for the lists.  Thanks to everyone for their contribution.

It's cloudy now, and rain is on the way.  I guess it's a good day to clean out the pantry (and the fridge), listen to Louie Louie and play with Bertie Woofster.

Amusing quote.

The meal suggestion sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  Not sure about the drink or the wine, but I'm hoping they'll be good too.

Prayers for @Cruzin Terri's DH Jim and his visit to the neurologist.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

@Haljo1935  Happy Birthday to your DH. 🎂

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.

It is 55°F and partly sunny here.

Thank you for the FR&D.

National pet day is well deserved.

A good quote.

I will pass on the food and drink.

Prayers for better health for those on the care list.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy day.

Screenshot_20240411_112259.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 8

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

A warm 75 this morning and heading up to 82 with a chance of late afternoon showers.

I guess Louie Louie day is about the famous 1960s song by the Kingsmen, I never really cared for that song but IMHO the 60s was the best decade ever for pop music. We have a lot of kitchen cabinet space in our new home but no pantry. National pet day is a good thing.
The quote is a hoot.

I would give the meal a try.

The Masters first round is today but there will a delay with tee times as they had quite a bit of rain overnight.

Have a great day and stay well.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friends!  Well, we had rain starting around 8 last night and it continued steadily half the night.  The temp is 64 with clouds and a chance of a shower at any time today.  Windy this afternoon and a high of 73.  Good luck to the Masters tournament with the inclement weather passing through.

Thanks to Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for posting the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps for Rich @richwmn.  Let's recognize our pets, the song "Louie, Louie" and cleaning up our pantries.  Nothing negative there.  I enjoy the quote every time I hear it.  That's quite a meal suggestion.  As usual I skip the cocktail and don't know what the wine is yet.  A big day in civil rights history in this country.  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for the F&B reports today.

Prayers for all here on the Care list and extra prayers for Vanessa's @JazzyV's BFF with his MOHS surgery, and for Terri's @Cruzin Terri's DH Jim at his appointment today.  Hoping your trip to Italy goes on as planned.  Prayers for all others and your family members and friends in need of them.  More prayers for DB, great nephew Alex's baby boys, friends Scott, Susan and Sandy.  Special prayers for the safety of the people of Ukraine and Israel, the hostages still not home, and our troops at sea and on bases in the region.  Prayers for Vanessa's @JazzyV's pain and sleep problems and that the upcoming surgery goes well. 

Three cheers to those cruising and celebrating special events in their lives.  Happy birthday wishes to Elizabeth's @Haljo1935's DH!  Also for all the great sibling photos yesterday.  I also enjoyed everyone's Petra photos.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the wonderful lists you keep each day for us! 

Today's port is a new one, Norfolk, Virginia.  Some of the ships do make a stop there on Colonial America coastal cruises.  And I haven't heard of this yet, but some could use it while the port of Baltimore is out of service.  We lived near Norfolk (Williamsburg) during the early 1990's and enjoyed visiting the city a few times.  We took a Spirit of Norfolk luncheon cruise with our mothers when DD graduated from high school.  No digital photos.  Plus I believe the Navy offers tours of a ship on Saturdays for the public, or at least they used to.  Always interesting.  So no links today, and no photos from me.  

Today will be a good day to continue cross stitching.  I'll take breaks to do other chores that need doing including computer work.  Hope you all have a great day!  Stay safe and keep well!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Today is International "Louie Louie" Day, National Clean Up Your Pantry Day, and National Pet Day

I play in a ukulele  band- will have to check to see if there is uke music for this famous song. After all, if it the most recorded……

Love pet day and clean your pantry day. We had a bonus this past weekend while we were off to see the eclipse- our wonderful pet sitter cleaned out and reorganized our pantry. 

Prayers to all in need.

I hope everyone on the Daily has something good happen today! 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thursday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Expecting rain today. Might be able to get in a walk before it starts. Paperwork today and then teaching my internship class this evening. 

Happy birthday to @Haljo1935's DH. 

101 Funny Cat Birthday Memes for the Feline Lovers in Your Life

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

THURSDAY CAT - quickmeme

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui. Roy, thank you for our maps. Very windy this morning and the clouds are racing by.

T-storm predicted for this afternoon. 

Vanessa, thank you for sharing our happenings. Praying that your upcoming surgery gives you permanent pain relief. 

Gym, Bindi walks, chores & yard work - if the wind dies down. If not, more decluttering inside. 

IMG_2694.jpeg.505d8db36092e47f08cc1778b6f3e6c7.jpeg

IMG_2693.jpeg.b0d15bff38759c035c4db796bd6904fc.jpeg

IMG_2695.jpeg.18446e024ed11b0e651174ac1b2de5e5.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those who are suffering from pain, debilitating conditions, the loss of a loved one, trauma. The caregivers. Terry, praying for Tana, her son, you and your families. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Carpano-Punt-E-Mes 

Sweet vermouth perfect for mixed drinks. I probably would pass this as a sipping wine. Not really a fan of sweet wines. Widely available with prices starting at $20.99.

Winemaker’s notes 

Punt e Mes has a golden orange color with topaz tones, herby aromas and dark red, black dahlia with vermilion shades. The initial taste is one of sweetness, characterised by an intriguing accent of orange. This is followed by the characteristically bitter taste of the quina and ends on a sweet note.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 16
  • Haha 3

Good morning, everyone!

We have rain today and it is supposed to last all day and be heavy at times.  High is forecast to be 50F.  It will be a good day for some inside work.  Perhaps I can get the borders to my quilt cut and ready to be sewn on.  Going to the gym this morning and then a zoom meeting at 11:15.  Nothing else on the agenda after that.  

Happy Birthday to @Haljo1935's DH!

Today's meal sounds interesting and with the cauliflower crust in the first recipe within my carb limits.  I fear most of the topping would fall off and I'd end up eating it as a salad. https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/7890177/3-ingredient-chicken-caesar-flatbread/

chickenceasarflatbread.png.1b486f646734cceed969d03d68795fa4.png

This one uses pita bread as the crust.  https://recipecenter.giantfoodstores.com/recipes/148614/chicken-caesar-flatbread

chickenceasarflatbread2.png.414c4fab57cf88b910b18c33559d0ab3.png

And this one uses naan bread.  https://www.callmepmc.com/20-minute-chicken-caesar-flatbread/

chickenceasarflatbread3.thumb.jpg.f46d7535d54defa55b94a297dcf80576.jpg

With the exception of what is used as the flatbread, most of the recipes are very similar.

Hoping this finds everyone well and wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 18
  • Haha 1

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Happy "Louie Louie" Day to DSIL! Sue and Louie (DSIL) have finally made a port on their Rotterdam cruise this week. In Belize, the seas were too rough to tender and yesterday seas were so rough they couldn't dock as the Pilot boat didn't come out. At least they are making one port call this cruise.

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Good Thursday morning everyone and thank you to Rich, Roy, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann & Dixie for your on going contributions.

Good collection of days.  I’ve been working on my pantries a bit at a time so I think I will just have to celebrate National Pet Day.  Heck, it’s celebrated every day 😉 - even if he sometimes steals my spot when I come downstairs.

IMG_2650.thumb.jpeg.0339c4d70f424cf3d6f41be757980478.jpeg

LOL on the Longworth quote.  Meal sounds intriguing. Raining here and looks like it will continue for a few days.  Rain or not, more appointments today so I will be in it whether I like it or not.  

IMG_2272.thumb.jpeg.48c8fc948b343c936b518755a865010f.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems, worries & those that need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good morning. It will rain on and off all day today and will get up to sixty later. I have fond memories of dancing to “Louie Louie “ at Catholic school dances.It is always Pet Day here. I often look at the kitchen cabinets and think”I should clean that”…..then I shut the door.

The production company is back today to prepare for the day and night shoot starting tomorrow. This time we are being compensated as the front of our house and sidewalk area will be in the action. I was going to bring the dogs to the groomer but it will be too involved getting in and out of here so we will wait until next week.

Tana seems a little better today and I hope the latest crisis is dwindling down. I only got up once when the coughing was more problematic than it should be. We hope to be able to manage at night without the expensive help. One woman kindly told me she could come on short notice if she was needed. 
@JazzyV, I hope all goes well with BFF’s MOHS surgery and that you can manage with your leg pain.

@Haljo1935, Happy Birthday to your DH

IMG_9668.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone from a cool and gloomy Boston.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Perfectly timed day to clean up the pantry as we start to declutter in anticipation of our upcoming open house. Happy Pet Day to all of you pet owners’ faithful companions.  They bring you much joy each day.  I remember Olympia Dukakis  using today’s quote in the movie Steel Magnolias.  Somehow the meal suggestion isn’t speaking to me but the drink certainly is.  I haven’t been to today’s port. Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those celebrating happy events and happy birthday to @Haljo1935’s DH!🍾

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Today's port is a new one, Norfolk, Virginia.  Some of the ships do make a stop there on Colonial America coastal cruises.  And I haven't heard of this yet, but some could use it while the port of Baltimore is out of service. 

You are correct about that.  I'm wondering about the next transition and the possible conflicts with PVSA.  Obviously, the ships that were out got a pass the first time since returning to Baltimore was physically impossible.  Not sure if a cruise from Norfolk to Baltimore would be similarly forgiven,  The good news is that Vision of the Seas is going to drydock after the current cruise and when she comes back she should be able to navigate the temporary channel due to be available by the end of this month.  Carinval Legend is repositioning to Europe but Carnival Pride will return before that channel is open.  She may do a few more cruises from Norflok, and might stay there until the next 14-day cruise which is at the end of May.  It goes to Greenland which I think makes the reposition legal.

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6