The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday May 3rd, 2024

Good sunny afternoon. We’re back from the vet and Houdini has lost 2 pounds since the beginning of April. She put him on some more antibiotics and wants him on an iron supplement. He is a little dehydrated. She’ll check back on Monday. She also gave us an emergency number for one of the former vet that worked there, he has now opened an urgent care center. 🙏🐾🤞

He was a very good boy during the car ride and with the vet.

• Like 21

15 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny afternoon. We’re back from the vet and Houdini has lost 2 pounds since the beginning of April. She put him on some more antibiotics and wants him on an iron supplement. He is a little dehydrated. She’ll check back on Monday. She also gave us an emergency number for one of the former vet that worked there, he has now opened an urgent care center. 🙏🐾🤞

Hugs to you and your good boy Houdini 🐾🐈

Do they know why he's losing weight or is it age?🙏

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Haljo1935 said:

Hugs to you and your good boy Houdini 🐾🐈

Do they know why he's losing weight or is it age?🙏

Thanks for the hug. He has thyroid problems, he’s been on a topical medication for about two years. He now weighs 8 pounds.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

No to lumpy rugs and two different colored shoes. I hope special-abled pets are adopted and cared for. Good quote. I like the carrot cake (that and key lime pie are my favorites). Yes to the drink and if someone buys me the wine. I haven't been to Marseille. Gone with The Wind was a great book.

It's cloudy here, with probable rain later. BFF and I had a nice dinner out - Mexican, to celebrate Cinco de Mayo a little early. No big plans today, but BFF may do some spraying of my mossy green garage walls (with me supervising, lol). I think I might try to sleep upstairs tonight.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for our start today, despite your traveling. Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well and are uncomfortable. Enjoy seeing Morgan's new apartment. Lovely Marseille photos.

@Haljo1935 Happy Heavenly Birthday to your DF and Happy 2nd Birthday to DGD!

@1ANGELCAT Keeping good thoughts for Houdini and his treatment.

@dfish Good news on how the injection helped your back. Sorry to hear about your neck acting up now. Thanks for the carrot cake recipes (no coconut for me, it's a texture thing). Congrats on getting the 

@Mr. Boston Nice photos.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lovely photos from Marseille.

@ger_77 So happy we can all celebrate Maurice getting scheduled.

@aliaschief Lovely sunset photos.

@superoma They make perforated parchment paper or silicone mats that can be used in air fryers to reduce spatter. Your planter looks very nice.

@Cruising-along @bennybear Nice Marseille photos.

@RMLincoln Prayers that things are going well.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Hope the little guy will be okay. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

No to lumpy rugs and two different colored shoes. I hope special-abled pets are adopted and cared for. Good quote. I like the carrot cake (that and key lime pie are my favorites). Yes to the drink and if someone buys me the wine. I haven't been to Marseille. Gone with The Wind was a great book.

It's cloudy here, with probable rain later. BFF and I had a nice dinner out - Mexican, to celebrate Cinco de Mayo a little early. No big plans today, but BFF may do some spraying of my mossy green garage walls (with me supervising, lol). I think I might try to sleep upstairs tonight.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for our start today, despite your traveling. Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well and are uncomfortable. Enjoy seeing Morgan's new apartment. Lovely Marseille photos.

@dfish Good news on how the injection helped your back. Sorry to hear about your neck acting up now. Thanks for the carrot cake recipes (no coconut for me, it's a texture thing). Congrats on getting the 

@Mr. Boston Nice photos.

@superoma They make perforated parchment paper or silicone mats that can be used in air fryers to reduce spatter. Your planter looks very nice.

Thanks for the tip for the air fryer. Will look for one or both!

• Like 10

Today's sunrise is the last from a 2013 trip that started with a  Queen Elizabeth transatlantic, flights to Angkor Wat and Kobe, and a Crystal Symphony transpacific to Vancouver.  On May 3 I was on Amtrak's Cardinal back to Baltimore:

dawn0503.jpg

Roy

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the hug. He has thyroid problems, he’s been on a topical medication for about two years. He now weighs 8 pounds.

Sending hugs too. Our Ebony had thyroid problems too. 

26 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I just received an email from HAL for an EFFY charter cruise from Seattle on August 18 . Anyone else receive this?

Most definitely not going.

Got it too, not going. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I just received an email from HAL for an EFFY charter cruise from Seattle on August 18 . 

No but…After what happened on the recent Oosterdam cruise with Park West, it would probably be good if @VMax1700 added to the list he keeps for HAL charters 

Edited by 0106
  • Like 11

Hi all, just checking in.  We had a great breakfast at First Watch and spent quite a bit of time at Morgan's talking and having her show us around.  Both the apartment and the facilities at the complex.  Very nice place.  I snapped a photo of her before we left.  She was heading to the beach to meet up with other family and none of us need any more sun.  Tonight we're supposed to meet everyone at a place near the beach where we can all hang out together.  Her boyfriend's graduation ceremony is tomorrow and Morgan's is Sunday at 1:30.  Different departments.  

Debbie @dfish DS said he knew of Venue in A squared and had just gone there last week for a department chair happy hour.  They hold all kinds of events there.  Sounds good!

I'll leave you with a photo of Morgan, proud to show us her new home.  She's come a long way in less than 2 months!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

@superomaBe careful with the parchment. It needs to be held down-otherwise the air circulating causes it to fly up to the heating element and it starts to burn. Been there, done that!!😳. Off to the airport in a couple of hours for our flight to Denver and then south on Saturday to DD and family’s new home. Can’t wait!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi all, just checking in.  We had a great breakfast at First Watch and spent quite a bit of time at Morgan's talking and having her show us around.  Both the apartment and the facilities at the complex.  Very nice place.  I snapped a photo of her before we left.  She was heading to the beach to meet up with other family and none of us need any more sun.  Tonight we're supposed to meet everyone at a place near the beach where we can all hang out together.  Her boyfriend's graduation ceremony is tomorrow and Morgan's is Sunday at 1:30.  Different departments.  

Debbie @dfish DS said he knew of Venue in A squared and had just gone there last week for a department chair happy hour.  They hold all kinds of events there.  Sounds good!

I'll leave you with a photo of Morgan, proud to show us her new home.  She's come a long way in less than 2 months!

Nice home and pretty girl.

Best wishes to you all Sandi.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Happy Friday afternoon Dailyites!  I have been enjoying the pictures of a place, that I know I have been to, but was 8 years old at the time...but I do remember the aquaduct!  I often wonder why the US has never adopted them, seems like one part of the country is having a flood, the other half is having a drought.  We are supposed to be United....

No on the carrot cake.  I like the cake part, I don't like cream cheese frosting.  Now show me a cake with buttercream, and well, the cake would not be around for long.

DH let me sleep in this morning-he always gets up after me.  He made coffee, but does not know the feeding of the beasts in the morning, so Furnando came and told me to get up and feed him.

I have spent the better part of today going through emails, sending emails, and getting my schedule together for the next two weeks. 

I start the second campaign tomorrow.  I'm trying to work as many hours as I can to save up for the trip to Spain next year.  One campaign for the Cincinnati Opera, and by the way, I think I have called every one in Ohio...gives me 20 hours a week-then shake in doctors appointments and Life/living things like concerts, and the other will give me 11-15 hours a week more.  @smitty34877I may be calling you soon.....I'll be with Friends of Lincoln Center.  Then when the 20 hour gig ends in 5 more weeks, I'll be back with my California friends for CTG. So then I'll be in NY in the mornings, and CA in the afternoons, and I will be able to sit down to dinner each night with DH.   This I will be looking forward to.  The cans of low sodium soups are getting old.

@bennybear Now those are artichokes!  When we were living in France, we would have them steamed, and peel off each leaf, dip them in a buttery sauce, and by using teeth only, strip the meat  closest to the  center.  Yummy!  

@1ANGELCATI do hope that Houdini is feeling better and that food starts appealing to him.

It's been a day with rain, and sun, and cool and hot, all over the board-currently 83 and partly sunny.  The weather person showed a map of the weather coming our way-stop it you guys in Texas!  No I'm Ok with the rain, it makes for great sleeping. 

We have tickets tonight for the Atlanta Master Chorale, the last concert of the season, held at Emory University.  It's a block away from the protesters, who I think have every right to do so, but I'm hoping that there is no problem at the College tonight. They have already cancelled one concert this week, and last week we didnt go because news was so sketchy.  If I get arrested, please for the cats sake, bail me out.

Sipping tea and enjoying this afternoon.  Just watched an interview with Jonathon Heyward. BSO is a very lucky symphony to have him.  He will be conducting the Summer at Lincoln Center series.

4c06b7a0ec3578dea5bcdb11c355e55d.jpg

242026?width=1200&crop=16_9&signature=FDIZrPHz0NaoVn6EXRXsb9_EGnU=

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

I just received an email from HAL for an EFFY charter cruise from Seattle on August 18 . Anyone else receive this?

I got it and I'm passing as well.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

No but…After what happened on the recent Oosterdam cruise with Park West, it would probably be good if @VMax1700 added to the list he keeps for HAL charters 

It’s on the WESterdam. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Sasha hated the topical medication! And I hated catching her to administer it. We used it only until she could get a place at Cornell for radioactive iodine treatment.

The treatment worked, but she was traumatized by the stay in the Companion Animal Hospital. She was a small cat to begin with, scarcely more than six pounds, so losing even an ounce was worrisome.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Love the carrot cake, would like to try the drink but not the wine as it is both red and way to expensive for me. I also got the EFFY email and I pass. I have not been to Marseille so I am enjoying all the photos.

I heard from the research Dr. and the special CT Scan of my heart shows that I am not a candidate for the TMVR procedure as something is to small. He is having me come back to his office to explain another possible procedure for me called a valvuloplasty. While this will not replace the Mitral Valve it would hopefully stretch it and help the blood flow. My DBIL will again drive me to Phoenix University Hospital so I am treating him, his wife and his eldest son to dinner tonight at Serranos Mexican restaurant. (in honor of Cinco de Mayo the restaurant is having a special on a dish called Mexican Flag Enchiladas which none of us have tried before.)

@ger_77 Gerry, I think I know the anxiety that you and Maurice have been going through and I Thank God that Maurice has been approved and has a date for his Valve replacement.

Prayers for those who need and yeah for those who don't.

Jane  

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Nice story from a friend who teaches public-school music out here in the middle of nowhere. Today he chaperoned a group from our school district to a music competition at Ithaca College, of which he's a graduate. Some of the ensembles competing were from the high school in Brooklyn of which he's also a graduate.

• Like 16

Good afternoon from a cloudy and windy central Texas.  So far, we have not had any more rain.  Last night's rain was only 0.17inches.  This afternoon got a way from me.  First, the latest batch of prescriptions and refills was ready at W-M. Also, we finally got the other car back yesterday, and I needed to get it registered.  When I got home, DH wanted to take the car out to see how it's running now, and it is running better than it has in years.  He was also told a while ago they had tires for the car at W-M in Cleburne, we headed up there.  If you guessed they didn't have the tires, you are correct.  Next on the agenda for the car is having the windshield replaced since it's been cracked for years.  They will be here on May 15 between 8 and 5.

4 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I hope the antibiotics will help Houdini, and he will gain back some of the weight he's lost.

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@Mr. Boston Nice photos.

Vanessa, I'm glad you enjoyed the dinner out last night.  I hope this time you are more comfortable sleeping in your bed.

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

We got the email and are passing too.  I've never really liked the EFFY designs which I think are overpriced.

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks for the picture of Morgan and her apartment.  She's done a good job with it in such a short time.

2 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@superomaBe careful with the parchment. It needs to be held down-otherwise the air circulating causes it to fly up to the heating element and it starts to burn. Been there, done that!!😳. Off to the airport in a couple of hours for our flight to Denver and then south on Saturday to DD and family’s new home. Can’t wait!

Safe travels to Denver and then to your DD's new home tomorrow.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Happy Friday afternoon Dailyites!  I have been enjoying the pictures of a place, that I know I have been to, but was 8 years old at the time...but I do remember the aquaduct!  I often wonder why the US has never adopted them, seems like one part of the country is having a flood, the other half is having a drought.  We are supposed to be United....

No on the carrot cake.  I like the cake part, I don't like cream cheese frosting.  Now show me a cake with buttercream, and well, the cake would not be around for long.

DH let me sleep in this morning-he always gets up after me.  He made coffee, but does not know the feeding of the beasts in the morning, so Furnando came and told me to get up and feed him.

I have spent the better part of today going through emails, sending emails, and getting my schedule together for the next two weeks. 

I start the second campaign tomorrow.  I'm trying to work as many hours as I can to save up for the trip to Spain next year.  One campaign for the Cincinnati Opera, and by the way, I think I have called every one in Ohio...gives me 20 hours a week-then shake in doctors appointments and Life/living things like concerts, and the other will give me 11-15 hours a week more.  @smitty34877I may be calling you soon.....I'll be with Friends of Lincoln Center.  Then when the 20 hour gig ends in 5 more weeks, I'll be back with my California friends for CTG. So then I'll be in NY in the mornings, and CA in the afternoons, and I will be able to sit down to dinner each night with DH.   This I will be looking forward to.  The cans of low sodium soups are getting old.

@bennybear Now those are artichokes!  When we were living in France, we would have them steamed, and peel off each leaf, dip them in a buttery sauce, and by using teeth only, strip the meat  closest to the  center.  Yummy!  

@1ANGELCATI do hope that Houdini is feeling better and that food starts appealing to him.

It's been a day with rain, and sun, and cool and hot, all over the board-currently 83 and partly sunny.  The weather person showed a map of the weather coming our way-stop it you guys in Texas!  No I'm Ok with the rain, it makes for great sleeping. 

We have tickets tonight for the Atlanta Master Chorale, the last concert of the season, held at Emory University.  It's a block away from the protesters, who I think have every right to do so, but I'm hoping that there is no problem at the College tonight. They have already cancelled one concert this week, and last week we didnt go because news was so sketchy.  If I get arrested, please for the cats sake, bail me out.

Sipping tea and enjoying this afternoon.  Just watched an interview with Jonathon Heyward. BSO is a very lucky symphony to have him.  He will be conducting the Summer at Lincoln Center series.

4c06b7a0ec3578dea5bcdb11c355e55d.jpg

242026?width=1200&crop=16_9&signature=FDIZrPHz0NaoVn6EXRXsb9_EGnU=

Annie, I hope you and your DH enjoy the concert tonight.  I imagine they would have canceled if they thought it was unsafe.

18 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Love the carrot cake, would like to try the drink but not the wine as it is both red and way to expensive for me. I also got the EFFY email and I pass. I have not been to Marseille so I am enjoying all the photos.

I heard from the research Dr. and the special CT Scan of my heart shows that I am not a candidate for the TMVR procedure as something is to small. He is having me come back to his office to explain another possible procedure for me called a valvuloplasty. While this will not replace the Mitral Valve it would hopefully stretch it and help the blood flow. My DBIL will again drive me to Phoenix University Hospital so I am treating him, his wife and his eldest son to dinner tonight at  Mexican restaurant. (in honor of Cinco de Mayo the restaurant is having a special on a dish called Mexican Flag Enchiladas which none of us have tried before.)

@ger_77I think I know the anxiety that you and Maurice have been going through and I Thank God that Maurice has been approved and has a date for Valve replacement.

Ptasyers for those who need and yeah for those who don't.

Jane  

Jane, I'm sorry your were not a candidate for the TMVR procedure.  I hope you will be able to have the valvuloplasty, and then enjoy better health.  It's nice of you to treat your DBIL and his family to dinner.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon from Waco!  I wanted my friends to know that I arrived safely yesterday and we had a wonderful day eating and touring and shopping at Magnolia. Tonight we are going to the 1928 Hotel for dinner. I hope everyone is doing well. 

AC386343-573A-4E58-B16F-224DCE48B5E5.thumb.jpeg.11858fde534a45f015b0e4f72e5b0723.jpeg

2015162D-E8B9-4845-B55E-EE885FFA839E.thumb.jpeg.91354dc47923bdb04af32a4b25c0f1cd.jpeg

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4