The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday May 5th, 2024

Happy Sunday. Thanks for the daily and fleet reports. 

Happy Cinco de Mayo.

Rain, rain, and more rain. Wash out today. Just plan on finishing up some chores, meeting with the family on Zoom, and then relaxing. 

Bon Voyage to @YourWorldWithBill and @Heartgrove.

Download High Quality cruise ship clipart bon voyage Transparent PNG ...

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.jpeg.5a3dc924e4a2c8354d6a324df5db16a6.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Haha 7

@dfish fajitas🫔 sound great! (Not a fajita, but the closest I could find.)

Thanks for the sound recommendation over Eleanor 😀 I had no idea where we were going with that.

• Like 16
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Screenshot_20240505_104143.jpg

Thanks, Graham. Cinco de Mayo is often mistaken as Mexican Independence Day. Mexicans actually celebrate their independence on Sept 16, and Cinco de Mayo is not a national holiday in Mexico. I think Americans use Cinco de Mayo as an excuse to party. 

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon from AMS Schiphol airport. We disembarked NSDM at 7.15 this morning and met our tour bus.  We had a slightly delayed tour departure as two pax did not arrive.  The guide announced that they were in isolation on the ship! 😱

We took a tour to Keukenhof and then to the airport.

Here is where the ship was docked this morning...Screenshot_20240505_071007_VesselFinder.thumb.jpg.b483e41ba7799622d9348dd6a823dba7.jpg

and here is a pic of Keukenhof...

20240505_103429.thumb.jpg.647c74db259c5410aa07f594538ea39f.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 9

Good Sunday morning to all.

Happy Cinco de Mayo.

Sorry I missed posting yesterday.  It started out well, but never got to finish reading all the posts.  

BON VOYAGE!  To @Heartgrove and @YourWorldWithBill  Hope you have wonderful cruises.

WELCOME HOME TO Jacqui @kazu.  Hope you have a relaxing day and that foot starts to feel better.

CONGRATUALATIONS TO Morgan. @StLouisCruisers DGD on her graduation.

Thank you to all who keep this thread going.  

Hope everyone has a great day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

thanks for the Sunday Daily Sandi & Rich and thanks to Roy, Vanessa Dixie & Debbie.

Got home last night and still weary.   I did remember to make my own coffee though 😉  Ivan is well and happy to see me but I don’t think he suffered any while I was away 😉 My pet sitter said she would be delighted to care for him again.  He was such a good boy.  I knew he was but I am a tad prejudiced and you always wonder how he will be with someone else 😳 

Sorry to read about Maureen’s DH’s eye issues @RMLincoln 😢 and @Cruising-along’s BFF’s DIL suffering from a stroke and having issues 😔 

Cinco de Mayo is no longer a day of celebration for me - Jose’s funeral was that day.

I need groceries but the foot is pounding despite following the protocols on the entire cruise and it feels like I am fighting a cold.  So, I think I will just coddle the foot, stay in with Ivan and scrounge what food I have in the freezer.  LOL.

Have a great day everyone !!!

Jacqui, glad you are home safe though exhausted and hurting some too.  Hope you don't get a bad cold out of this.  Yes, stay home and cuddle with Ivan today.  You deserve it.  Hugs to you!

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Sandi! Especially since you’re on the road. Enjoy Morgan’s graduation. Congratulate her for me. 

Roy, thank you for our maps.  Another glorious morning. Yesterday morning was really humid until the Easterlies arrived. A hint of what is to come. Still no rain. But the days have been so enjoyable. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us. Happy to read that you are sleeping upstairs. Hope the discomfort soon disappears. 

Gym, Aldi, Bindi walks, a visit with my Sister and a dip in the pool should keep me busy. 

IMG_2822.jpeg.f14af9f87abed2b8cc578a778b19f127.jpeg

IMG_2808.jpeg.2f727baa4204f482cad8b50a0a8429ad.jpeg

IMG_2800.jpeg.47e7a471d5d0a6a2bfcc96d4a85697cd.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, debilitating conditions, the loss of a loved one, trauma. The caregivers.

Terry, Tana, Annie, Chuck, Richard, Maureen, Amber & family keeping you all in my prayers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. Go Morgan!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Banfi-Rosso-di-Montalcino

Definitely one Italian I would love to try. Lots of consumer fans. Easy to find & reasonably priced. Online prices start at $19.99.

Winemaker’s notes

VARIETAL
Sangiovese
DESCRIPTION
One of the classics of Banfi Montalcino production.
The mild winter temperatures and low rainfall allowed the vines to begin the growing cycle within the standard timeframe. During the night of April 8, some vineyards were hit by a late frost, which delayed the phenological phases of the vines. However, thanks to mild temperatures and sunny days in the spring, the vines were able to regain their growth and production balance, reaching excellent ripening during the following months. The harvest began slightly later than usual, but the continuous ventilation and good temperature fluctuations in August and September allowed the grapes to develop excellent acidity with very interesting aromatic profiles.
The result is a complex wine characterized by a bright ruby red colour. On the nose, aromas of blackberries and raspberry meet light notes of coffee and tobacco. In the mouth the structure is wide, harmonious and well balanced by a marked acidity. Excellent persistence on the palate.
Ideal pairing with game and medium-aged cheeses. The remarkable structure allows a good aging.
TECHNICAL NOTES
Soil: hill area of the estate under vine, with low to moderate incline. The soils develop on different types of sediments, from the clay sands of the marine Pliocene, deep soils with abundant and calcareous stones, to the gray-blue clays which are moderately deep mineral soils that tend to retain humidity.
Trellising System: spurred cordon – Banfi aberello Vine Density: 4200 - 5500 vines/ha.
Hectar Yield: 70-75 q/ha.
Fermentation: in temperature-controlled (20-30°C) stainless-steel tanks
Aging: in French oak casks (90-60 hl.) and in French oak barrique (350 l.) for 12 months
Alcohol: 15,5%
Suggested serving temperature : 16-18°C

Thank you Ann!  I'll give her your message and am sure she will appreciate it.

40 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

@StLouisCruisers  Congratulations to Morgan!  Well done.

Thanks Melanie!  She has done a great job of managing Marine Biology along with working at the Aquarium.  Always in the water, that one!

30 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

We are going to have lots of sunshine and temperatures in the low 70s today.  Sounds good to me!  Slept well last night, but I sure was stiff this morning.  I can tell all of the numbing agent they injected has worn off.  I have an appointment with Pain and Spine people on Tuesday and hopefully they will order the full nerve ablation procedure.  

Today we are going over to Mt. Pleasant to have dinner with some friends from Ohio.  I had the daughter in class back in Ohio and she is now living in Ohio and working at Central Michigan University.  Her parents come up for extended periods to help with the kids while Stacey is working.  

Welcome back @kazu Jacqui.  I'm sure Ivan was super excited to see you.  Bon Voyage to @Heartgrove and @YourWorldWithBill@StLouisCruisers Congratulations to Morgan.  I'm sure the whole family is excited for her.  

Today's meal is not Eleanor.  Since it is Cinco de Mayo, let's have fajitas!  We'll start off with some easy chicken fajitas.  You can use the low carb tortillas and Greek yogurt to keep it really healthy.  https://www.spendwithpennies.com/easy-chicken-fajitas/

fajitas1.thumb.jpg.3c62124699bb84f485322d6ec839aa1e.jpg

This is another chicken fajita recipe.  I like the addition of the lime and avocado.  https://natashaskitchen.com/chicken-fajitas-recipe/

fajitas2.thumb.jpg.42de2de6bea50d209cafba40dc476ccb.jpg

And here we have a recipe for beef fajitas from Ree Drummond.  https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a11595/beef-fajitas/

fajitas3.thumb.jpg.59114f5219d85750a42d5b7e4ead6b18.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Debbie, great job of coming up with a menu today!  I wondered what you would do with that.  I agree we wouldn't care for Eleanor at all.  I hope the docs decide it's time for that nerve ablation and can get you over all this discomfort.  Thanks for the comments about Morgan!  

28 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Interesting collection of days:  definitely support awareness of childhood strokes - that is just something no child should have to endure. When he was a toddler, my grand nephew had a series of strokes as a result of being pinned under a car; he's a trooper, having survived both, but has lifetime complications. 

Pass on the drink (although it is pretty), happily try the wine, not been to the port, no idea about the meal 🤷‍♀️

Hugs @kazu.

Congratulations @StLouisCruisers to Morgan!🍾🎓

The Stars🏒 must win tonight - extra support appreciated. 😊 

Currently 64° headed to 81° with rain again tomorrow. 

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240505_063855.thumb.jpg.c07c3ff0629d96dadb99c997fb2db86f.jpg

Thanks Elizabeth for the support for Morgan!  I hope the Stars do well for you.

17 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

@dfish fajitas🫔 sound great! (Not a fajita, but the closest I could find.)

Thanks for the sound recommendation over Eleanor 😀 I had no idea where we were going with that.

I was wondering too!!

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

Congratulations to your 

DGD Morgan on her graduation day.

200w.gif

Thank you so much Graham!  Three days of celebration so far is a lot for us homebodies but she deserves it!  Dinner on the patio of the restaurant last night which was overflowing with people, was interesting.  Also noisy!  The hotel worked out well and we don't have to go out for breakfast and can just eat downstairs.  I am anxious to see Morgan walk across that stage and receive her diploma.  Everyone has been by Morgan's apartment and love what she's done with the place.  They all say, she "did good"!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Sunday morning to all.

Happy Cinco de Mayo.

Sorry I missed posting yesterday.  It started out well, but never got to finish reading all the posts.  

BON VOYAGE!  To @Heartgrove and @YourWorldWithBill  Hope you have wonderful cruises.

WELCOME HOME TO Jacqui @kazu.  Hope you have a relaxing day and that foot starts to feel better.

CONGRATUALATIONS TO Morgan. @StLouisCruisers DGD on her graduation.

Thank you to all who keep this thread going.  

Hope everyone has a great day.

God Bless,

Terri

Whoops!  Thank you Terri!  I hope you and Jim are well.

• Like 18

The True Story of Sinko de Mayo, according to Big Joe Henry

A little known fact is that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York.

The ship hit an iceberg and sank and the cargo was forever lost. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5 and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

IMG_3057.jpeg.1f2ae53bc2562b23ee04b325a30fd3c3.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 32

2 hours ago, kazu said:

thanks for the Sunday Daily Sandi & Rich and thanks to Roy, Vanessa Dixie & Debbie.

Got home last night and still weary.   I did remember to make my own coffee though 😉  Ivan is well and happy to see me but I don’t think he suffered any while I was away 😉 My pet sitter said she would be delighted to care for him again.  He was such a good boy.  I knew he was but I am a tad prejudiced and you always wonder how he will be with someone else 😳 

Sorry to read about Maureen’s DH’s eye issues @RMLincoln 😢 and @Cruising-along’s BFF’s DIL suffering from a stroke and having issues 😔 

Cinco de Mayo is no longer a day of celebration for me - Jose’s funeral was that day.

I need groceries but the foot is pounding despite following the protocols on the entire cruise and it feels like I am fighting a cold.  So, I think I will just coddle the foot, stay in with Ivan and scrounge what food I have in the freezer.  LOL.

Have a great day everyone !!!

Welcome home Jacqui.  Although we all love our cruises, it is still a nice feeling when we get back home again.  Until that first night when it hits us, I have to go back to doing the normal things we all have to do each day, without someone waiting on us, and doing it for us.  Glad you made it home safely, and thanks again for taking us all along with you and Deb on your voyage.  Rest up and enjoy being home again. 

• Like 26

Good morning Daily-ites from a very soggy Georgetown. Oliver tried getting closer and closer to me with every boom of thunder. I think he lost weight from shivering in fear.

Sandi, congratulations to Morgan. There's a lot of pride in your family today!

We had fun last night at the Kentucky Derby party at our ballroom. Appetizers, ham, chicken, potatoes, green beans, and bread pudding with whiskey sauce. Voted for the favorite hat for ladies and crazy socks for the guys. Our neighbor was fully dressed with wig and all as Colonel Sanders. When it was time to show off the guys socks on the runway, his socks were chicken feet! He won. The band was a country western group, but we left before they came on.

20240504_164546.thumb.jpg.5364e0c9e52952ec9c35b8b637c05528.jpg

20240504_164424.thumb.jpg.12ffe353d8cde0d92856d10afdb68ec5.jpg

20240504_162523.thumb.jpg.679572fb5f5fc0a18cfc9e18aa41ba75.jpg

I guess we won't celebrate Cinco d Mayo dinner suggestion.  Allen put in his request for greens, ham hocks, and corn bread. Maybe I'll make us a margarita..

Prayers and cheers to all on Vanessa's well planned lists. Thanks to Debbie, Sandi, Dixie, Ann, Roy and Graham (Father David) for your contributions. 

Wait! A question:

For those who cruised in Japan, do you or don't you need a visa? I've read conflicting articles. Also, although no immunization is required, what shots do you recommend?

Thanks to all. Have a blessed day, and a safe, healthy, happy week.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

@StLouisCruisers  Happy Grad Day to DGD Morgan.  Have fun today!   

🎊 Celebration of Achievement – 4th January 2024🎓

Thank you!  Cute meme!

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites from a very soggy Georgetown. Oliver tried getting closer and closer to me with every boom of thunder. I think he lost weight from shivering in fear.

Sandi, congratulations to Morgan. There's a lot of pride in your family today!

We had fun last night at the Kentucky Derby party at our ballroom. Appetizers, ham, chicken, potatoes, green beans, and bread pudding with whiskey sauce. Voted for the favorite hat for ladies and crazy socks for the guys. Our neighbor was fully dressed with wig and all as Colonel Sanders. When it was time to show off the guys socks on the runway, his socks were chicken feet! He won. The band was a country western group, but we left before they came on.

20240504_164546.thumb.jpg.5364e0c9e52952ec9c35b8b637c05528.jpg

20240504_164424.thumb.jpg.12ffe353d8cde0d92856d10afdb68ec5.jpg

20240504_162523.thumb.jpg.679572fb5f5fc0a18cfc9e18aa41ba75.jpg

I guess we won't celebrate Cinco d Mayo dinner suggestion.  Allen put in his request for greens, ham hocks, and corn bread. Maybe I'll make us a margarita..

Prayers and cheers to all on Vanessa's well planned lists. Thanks to Debbie, Sandi, Dixie, Ann, Roy and Graham (Father David) for your contributions. 

Wait! A question:

For those who cruised in Japan, do you or don't you need a visa? I've read conflicting articles. Also, although no immunization is required, what shots do you recommend?

Thanks to all. Have a blessed day, and a safe, healthy, happy week.

Joy, thank you so much!  Your community party yesterday looked well planned and lots of fun.

• Like 19

Good Sunday morning and Happy Cinco de Mayo, we will use this day as a day to celebrate.   Thanks for the Daily and maps Sandi, Roy and Rich.  Cartoonists bring us so much joy especially with the fun ones that are shard here every day.   Will pass on Chanel #5,  my favorite is YSL Paris which I can happily find in duty free shops in our ports.   We don't think of children having strokes but it is the same serious problem as with adults, thankfully their brains are more malleable than adults and they can recover more completely.   Another quote that makes me think of philosophy class.    I look forward to photos of today's Aussie port.  

Thanks for the care and celebrations report Vanessa.  I hope that your sleep in your bed is improving each day.   Prayers for Tana, Chuck, Maurice, @Cruzin Terri DH, and healing for @RMLincolns DH.   Prayers for all in our group needing them and for those in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, the hostages, and the innocents in Gaza. 

Well I won with my Derby bet, John lost $3.  We both looked at the odds for the near favorites and they were high enough to have profitable win, place show bets.   I bet $5 across the board in Sierra Leone and John bet $5 ATB on Forever Young.   It made it exciting and I am always happy to see the race won by the "little guy" owners and for the trainer Kenny McPeek who has never in my memory been tainted by drug positives in his horses.  He trained the KY Oaks winner too and the jockey had a big payday this weekend, 10% of the winner's share of the $1.5 million Oaks and 10% of the winner's share of the $5 million KY Derby purse.   

We are celebrating Cinco de Mayo by going to our favorite good food tavern 20 miles away who has great Mexican food.  No way are we going to a Mexican restaurant today.   Have a lovely day!   

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good rainy and chilly morning. It’s only going up to about 60 today.

Houdini is about the same. He ate a little bit and drinks water. 🙏🐾

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone.  It’s cloudy and cool here this morning.  What an interesting collection of days to recognize.  I wasn’t aware that children had strokes so that will be my research this afternoon.  I like the quote very much.  I guess we’ll have to wing it on dinner today, taco salad perhaps in honor of Cinco de Mayo.  I’d substitute a margarita for the drink today.  Prayers for those who are in need today.  Cheers to those celebrating happy events.  Welcome home @kazu I’m sure that Ivan is one happy dog this morning.

• Like 21

Good morning. It is cool and rainy here. It was 46 earlier and will only get to 54 today. Every time I think I can put my heavier coat away…

@StLouisCruisers. Sandi, please congratulate Morgan for me on her graduation. Her apartment looks great and I am so glad that things are better for her. I also realize how LOUD some family gatherings can get . Last week was wild at our dinner time with our NH family here. The quiet when they leave is much harder!

@kazu, Jacqui, I am so glad that you are safely home and enjoying Ivan’s company but sorry the foot is still not right.

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I am amazed that you progressed to sleeping upstairs and I am so glad the pain level is decreasing.

I have utilized all the physical help I can in the last week as I only make things more painful for myself if I try to do too much. Sometimes when it is just the two of us here I know I have overdone it. Our teenager and his girlfriend spent most of yesterday with Tana while I did the things that I can do without aggravating my shoulder and neck. They were so tired by the afternoon that the three of them collapsed watching a movie. It is good that one can rewatch things easily nowadays. Today I will have DD and DSIL for transfers and lifting.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, travelnap said:

Welcome home Jacqui.  Although we all love our cruises, it is still a nice feeling when we get back home again.  Until that first night when it hits us, I have to go back to doing the normal things we all have to do each day, without someone waiting on us, and doing it for us.  Glad you made it home safely, and thanks again for taking us all along with you and Deb on your voyage.  Rest up and enjoy being home again. 

Thanks.  I hear you on one waiting on you.  FWIW, II DID remember to make coffee last night.  Does that count? 😂 

• Like 18
  • Haha 3