Interesting the update here on Celebrity Status match. Its a good thing Silversea included and levels changed

58 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Can someone please tell me if Zeniths get priority boarding like Pinnacles? It’s not in the advertised perks, but Pinnacles usually sit with and board with suite guests in the terminal. 

Actually it is in the current list of benefits

image.thumb.png.89e333b409491a56b8d8fe1033ef62af.png

• Like 1

I missed it too. Good to know, tho' our last boarding from FLL was about as fast as any we've had in the Retreat, tho we were lowly balcony dwellers. I have not been aware of Z's in the Retreat boarding lounge in FLL. Is this correct? We can use this as well?  If so, more great news.

Does anyone know if the luggage tags have Zenith printed on them? The reason that I ask is that I received an e-mail from the Retreat Concierge asking how many pieces of luggage we had. I checked our tags and they just show Captain's Club.

TIA

7 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Does anyone know if the luggage tags have Zenith printed on them? The reason that I ask is that I received an e-mail from the Retreat Concierge asking how many pieces of luggage we had. I checked our tags and they just show Captain's Club.

TIA

No boarding tags don't have CC status on them.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

TIA

If they asked how many it might be possible they will be sending you "special" tags to attach so that you'll get priority delivery.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, 39august said:

I missed it too. Good to know, tho' our last boarding from FLL was about as fast as any we've had in the Retreat, tho we were lowly balcony dwellers. I have not been aware of Z's in the Retreat boarding lounge in FLL. Is this correct? We can use this as well?  If so, more great news.

Yes. right now Zeniths can board and use the lounge.  Whether that will change over time with all the potential Pinnacles coming over remains to be seen

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

No boarding tags don't have CC status on them.

7 minutes ago, chamima said:

If they asked how many it might be possible they will be sending you "special" tags to attach so that you'll get priority delivery.

Did anyone else receive these Zenith luggage tags?

IMG_0058.thumb.jpeg.2c5b0112f858bac1a286f2e3c04a9770.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We got them when reached Zenith.  They are   very nice name tags for luggage.

As for luggage tags, they have asked us how many bags on each cruise, but never got any luggage tags.  

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

TIA

That's a standard question - it's asked all the time.  Not sure why they even ask this question except for "maybe" if you're in an upper suite and are departing from a port where they have a special luggage drop for folks in upper suites, then maybe they want to get an idea of how many "priority bags" they are going to have deal with.  But for people in regular suites and Zeniths it makes no sense to even ask this question (but they've been asking it for years!)

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

And with this change, there is zero hope of that ever happening in the future.  Not sure it ever stood a chance, but definitely no chance now

I doubt there was ever a chance.  The great thing from Celebrity’s perspective on giving Zeniths retreat lounge access is that it costs them almost nothing and yet greatly pleases the Zeniths.  They have free drinks anyway, so all it costs is a few hors d’ouevres.  

Luminae and sundeck access would cost them the same amount it costs them for suite guests.

1 hour ago, Mark_K said:

Luminae and sundeck access would cost them the same amount it costs them for suite guests.

I think Celebrity was smart in limiting access to Luminae. Royal has a huge problem now with all the Pinnacles and Coastal Kitchen. There are so many Pinnacles now (due in part to the double points they gave away so freely) that only the top x amount are allowed to eat there on some sailings, and even this can be a problem. Last sailing on Anthem in a GS there was a waiting line outside of Coastal every night and some of the suite guests were none too happy about it. I would say half of the people in the restaurant were wearing pins.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

They have sent those tags out for years.  We received ours in 2016.  Quite frankly, we have never used them, nor have we ever worn the Zenith pin.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Northern Aurora said:

They have sent those tags out for years.  We received ours in 2016.  Quite frankly, we have never used them, nor have we ever worn the Zenith pin.

I didn't realize Zenith members received pins. 

1 minute ago, doghog said:

Yes -- we do.  It is the Zenith logo as on the luggage tags.  I've only seen a very few Zeniths actually wear one.  

Someone told me several years ago that the pinnacles on RC are "into" wearing their pinnacle pins, and she was happy that parading around wearing a Zenith pin was not popular on Celebrity.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Only time I have seen a few people wearing pins is to the Zenith lunch.  Even then it's < 20%.

Zenith's achieving status via status match won't have pins as " Zenith milestone kits" are excluded from the match benefits.

Edited by wrk2cruise

9 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Yes -- we do.  It is the Zenith logo as on the luggage tags.  I've only seen a very few Zeniths actually wear one.  

Someone told me several years ago that the pinnacles on RC are "into" wearing their pinnacle pins, and she was happy that parading around wearing a Zenith pin was not popular on Celebrity.    

Thanks. Nice looking. 1994 when we paid ($35.00 PP) to join the Captains Club (Founders Club) we were given pins. No tier level names at that time. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, doghog said:

On our one and only RC cruise, I saw lots of people in the lounge wearing Pinnacle pins.  Next time I saw my Zenith friends on Celebrity, I had to ask if they even got pins, since I've never seen one.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, abbydancer2003 said:

On our one and only RC cruise, I saw lots of people in the lounge wearing Pinnacle pins.  Next time I saw my Zenith friends on Celebrity, I had to ask if they even got pins, since I've never seen one.

I've seen a few wearing Pinnacle pins on our RC cruises. I see nothing wrong with that. We have  Pinnacle friends and they only wear their Pinnacle pins to the top tier recognition events. Nice looking pins. We have RC CAS tier level pins. Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond and Diamond plus pins. We don't wear them. 

Edited by doghog

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

Status pins are not our thing either.  The pins are in a draw somewhere.

1 hour ago, doghog said:

I've seen a few wearing Pinnacle pins on our RC cruises. I see nothing wrong with that. We have  Pinnacle friends and they only wear their Pinnacle pins to the top tier recognition events. Nice looking pins. We have RC CAS tier level pins. Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond and Diamond plus pins. We don't wear them. 

I didn't say I have a problem with it, I thought it was amusing.

We did get our Diamond pins on the cruise.  I also have a bunch of Princess pins - don't wear any of them.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, abbydancer2003 said:

I didn't say I have a problem with it, I thought it was amusing.

We did get our Diamond pins on the cruise.  I also have a bunch of Princess pins - don't wear any of them.

I wasn't implying you had a problem with anything. Just pointing out I don't. 

We only have the Princess Gold, Ruby and Platinum pins. We elect not to wear them either. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

I have seen Pinnacles wearing them at Ports of Call on excursions 😁

Hello,

I've seen them worn around the pool. The weight of them does cause the top half of a bikini to reveal rather more than it should.

I only wear my pin badge on formal nights.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
  • Haha 3