Live Eclipse

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Hawkstar33 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

First Live for me.   Nice ride to Bayonne on a Sunday morning.   Dropped our bags off curbside and had to park along main road because parking garage was not open for newcomers yet. About 10:30 we were able to park inside garage. $210 for the week.  After we parked we went inside terminal where we were seated till a little after 11:00, then allowed to board.  Little wait but nothing crazy.  Boarded and went straight to book our Specialty dining.  3 night package.  Many dining times were already taken by those who pay full price, and are able to book times and place in advance of sailing. Those with a package must wait to board before they can set restaurant, times, etc We were lucky to be able to get close to what we wanted, and glad we went straight there first on deck 5, where a gentleman from Murano was doing bookings right by the elevator where we boarded.   Next to muster, which took 5 mins.  Then to drop carryon items off at room.  Room was not finished, but were able to leave our stuff.  Room keys are on your door in envelope when you board.  Next cocktails at pool bar then to  the crowded Oceanview, where rudeness fills the air. 2 sitting at a table for 6.  Not moving to share.  Spreading belongings out.   First day attack at the buffet. When you are finished, get up and let others sit.  Handicapped means nothing during this time.    We managed and made it through then  decided to check for luggage.  2:50 no luggage but room was completely ready.   Luggage arrived 3:20.  Plenty of storage for 2 of us.  So we are in 12105 on the hump Concierge.   Got a good deal and grabbed the extra Capts Club points.  Awesome room right below Oceanview, and steps from the pool deck.   Gonna cruise past Lady Liberty on our way out.  So far other then a bit of wear, Eclipse looks good.  Maybe some rust, needs some paint, and a good powerwashing.   Very friendly crew already.  Will report back on wednesday, as we use verizon travel pass when on an Island, so will be able to post more at that time.  Should be plenty to tell you all by then.  

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Hawkstar33 said:

First Live for me.   Nice ride to Bayonne on a Sunday morning.   Dropped our bags off curbside and had to park along main road because parking garage was not open for newcomers yet. About 10:30 we were able to park inside garage. $210 for the week.  After we parked we went inside terminal where we were seated till a little after 11:00, then allowed to board.  Little wait but nothing crazy.  Boarded and went straight to book our Specialty dining.  3 night package.  Many dining times were already taken by those who pay full price, and are able to book times and place in advance of sailing. Those with a package must wait to board before they can set restaurant, times, etc We were lucky to be able to get close to what we wanted, and glad we went straight there first on deck 5, where a gentleman from Murano was doing bookings right by the elevator where we boarded.   Next to muster, which took 5 mins.  Then to drop carryon items off at room.  Room was not finished, but were able to leave our stuff.  Room keys are on your door in envelope when you board.  Next cocktails at pool bar then to  the crowded Oceanview, where rudeness fills the air. 2 sitting at a table for 6.  Not moving to share.  Spreading belongings out.   First day attack at the buffet. When you are finished, get up and let others sit.  Handicapped means nothing during this time.    We managed and made it through then  decided to check for luggage.  2:50 no luggage but room was completely ready.   Luggage arrived 3:20.  Plenty of storage for 2 of us.  So we are in 12105 on the hump Concierge.   Got a good deal and grabbed the extra Capts Club points.  Awesome room right below Oceanview, and steps from the pool deck.   Gonna cruise past Lady Liberty on our way out.  So far other then a bit of wear, Eclipse looks good.  Maybe some rust, needs some paint, and a good powerwashing.   Very friendly crew already.  Will report back on wednesday, as we use verizon travel pass when on an Island, so will be able to post more at that time.  Should be plenty to tell you all by then.  

we are on the eclipse to Bermuda 6/16.  I hear the buffet is extremely crowded for breakfast....hope you can give me some other options to explore.  have an awesome time!!

• Thanks 1

I will enjoy following along on your cruise.  We are on the TA March 2025 right before she goes into dry dock.  Have a great cruise!

3 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

How do you know when your room is officially ready?  We don’t want to get in the way of the process.  We will drop our bags, but curious how you know when it’s all ready.

Were you aware that Concierge passengers have the private lunch In the MDR on embarkation day?  

Rather limited menu but you get to sit down, relax, and be served instead of dashing around the buffet.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

Any chance you can post a daily or two when you get a chance?

I was onboard last week if you have any specific questions. 

On 6/2/2024 at 7:42 PM, cruisetonowhere10 said:

How do you know when your room is officially ready?  We don’t want to get in the way of the process.  We will drop our bags, but curious how you know when it’s all ready.

They make an announcement around 1PM. From my experience, the rooms are “cleaned” by boarding time, but may not have papers and such, maybe haven’t been inspected yet. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kruzerci said:

I was onboard last week if you have any specific questions. 

I read on a FB group that one day there was a singalong to Queen.  Wondering if it was a usual weekly event.  Also hoped someone could post a few dailies so we could get an idea of the daily activities.

On 6/2/2024 at 7:42 PM, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I'd say a good way to tell if the rooms are ready is to peek down the corridor.  If all the vacs and laundry bags are gone, good chance your cabin is ready.

• Like 2

On Eclipse last week and our cabin was ready for us at noon.  Drop luggage off, put money, passports, jewelry in safe and go to lunch.  The buffet is very crowded but since we were in a standard veranda cabin the buffet was really our only choice.  Be patient - something comes up fairly quickly. I really like being able to drop carryon off even if room is not completely ready for us.  I remember everyone at the buffet with their carryon - crazy.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kruzerci said:

They make an announcement around 1PM. From my experience, the rooms are “cleaned” by boarding time, but may not have papers and such, maybe haven’t been inspected yet. 

most cruises we have taken it has been 1:30

Looking forward to this too. So many reviews seem to be of Aqua class or suites, so will be good to hear your views on the MDR

Can you please see whether they still have the nice library area. It seems the other classes are ditching libraries in favour of a few poorly stocked bookshelves tucked away somewhere 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 3:42 PM, philpcruiser said:

I read on a FB group that one day there was a singalong to Queen.  Wondering if it was a usual weekly event.  Also hoped someone could post a few dailies so we could get an idea of the daily activities.

I was on last week too and don't remember anything about a Queen Sing A Long........now, I could have missed it but I don't remember reading anything in the Chronicle's about it at all.

5 hours ago, Bobal said:

Looking forward to this too. So many reviews seem to be of Aqua class or suites, so will be good to hear your views on the MDR

Can you please see whether they still have the nice library area. It seems the other classes are ditching libraries in favour of a few poorly stocked bookshelves tucked away somewhere 

They do have a library. I was sitting in it a few times.......deck 10. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2024 at 5:40 PM, 3red7s said:

we are on the eclipse to Bermuda 6/16.  I hear the buffet is extremely crowded for breakfast....hope you can give me some other options to explore.  have an awesome time!!

My friend and I will also be on this cruise. We are both widows and are going with a group of about 50 seniors. This will be my first cruise since my husband passed at the start of the pandemic and I’m definitely looking forward to it. Going to start packing this weekend. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 39august said:

On S class ships the library is on deck 10, with an "balcony" on deck 11. Those library spaces are lovely. 

Thanks for the correction........I didn't even realize they were on the same deck as my suite.

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

I was on last week too and don't remember anything about a Queen Sing A Long........now, I could have missed it but I don't remember reading anything in the Chronicle's about it at all.

That's what someone posted.  Now, I'm not sure that it just wasn't a spur of the moment thing the passengers themselves started.  We'll see.

On 6/5/2024 at 3:42 PM, philpcruiser said:

@philpcruiser They did have a Queen singalong in the Grand Foyer one evening on my May Eclipse sailing.  It lasted about 30-45 minutes. If memory serves me correctly they had some sort of musical performance in the Grand Foyer every night beginning at 10 pm.  

• Thanks 1

We are joining eclipse on 6/16. If anyone who went recently can post a couple daily schedules, I'd really appreciate it!

Also, what are some of the evenings entertainment? Do we need to get tickets ahead of time, similar to RC?