2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

Posted (edited)

Here's what I think (not that anyone cares).

2026 will probably be our last NCL cruise (assuming we make it that far. Once you hit 70, you just never know).

We should schedule an NCL CC Board cruise. It would have to be somewhere cool...and a minimum of 10 days (seven days is way too short).

It would be great to cruise with all of you...well, most of you 😛   

Having said all that, it wouldn't necessarily have to be NCL. We have been looking to "expand our horizons" and would consider Princess, MSC, etc.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Here's what I think (not that anyone cares).

2026 will probably be our last NCL cruise (assuming we make it that far. Once you hit 70, you just never know).

We should schedule an NCL CC Board cruise. It would have to be somewhere cool...and a minimum of 10 days (seven days is way too short).

It would be great to cruise with all of you...

I’m game!

• Like 1

well schmoop, im 76, wife 75, and we're still booking. booked on prima for iceland this sept, looking for south africa either this nov, or next may, or antarctica in jan.

here's a different cruise idea (strictly for people 60+.)

an oldies but goodies/doo wopp cruise! with the music of my youth, and my age, where the ship goes in entirely irrelevant and yes! 10 days minimum. if ncl agrees, i have literally 100's of oldie c/d's that i would be happy to DJ from either the pool area or a lounge. i have music from the doo wopp era, from  groups most people have never heard of (unless they're east coast denizens)

only caveat, any song after 1973 are not eligible to be played on board. gotta draw the line somewhere (LOL)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, complawyer said:

well schmoop, im 76, wife 75, and we're still booking. booked on prima for iceland this sept, looking for south africa either this nov, or next may, or antarctica in jan.

here's a different cruise idea (strictly for people 60+.)

an oldies but goodies/doo wopp cruise! with the music of my youth, and my age, where the ship goes in entirely irrelevant and yes! 10 days minimum. if ncl agrees, i have literally 100's of oldie c/d's that i would be happy to DJ from either the pool area or a lounge. i have music from the doo wopp era, from  groups most people have never heard of (unless they're east coast denizens)

only caveat, any song after 1973 are not eligible to be played on board. gotta draw the line somewhere (LOL)

There's a local band that we follow called the Doo Wop Daddies. Love that stuff.

Where do we sign up? If we get enough cabins, we could get a group discount.

while of course all are welcome, these cruisers are people i would personally love to have along, you and mrs schmoopie, rocketman, traveling man, chiefmate jrk, cruiseny4life and husband, and of course bird travels.

by the way, the heck with a "group discount" i'm thinking bigger than that. we're all baby boomers, lets get the entire ship!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, complawyer said:

while of course all are welcome, these cruisers are people i would personally love to have along, you and mrs schmoopie, rocketman, traveling man, chiefmate jrk, cruiseny4life and husband, and of course bird travels.

by the way, the heck with a "group discount" i'm thinking bigger than that. we're all baby boomers, lets get the entire ship!!!!!

I live vivacious through all the cruises of the tagged CC’s in this post, would love to join in on potential CC cruise. At the end of the boomers but can’t we at least have songs through the mid 70’s 😂

• Like 2

well, because of my age, i stopped at 1973. i think that's when the "bad company" album came out. hypothetically, if it gets extended to mid 70's, someone is bound to want to extend it to the early 80's etc.

in reality, this oldies/doo wopp cruise is probably only a pipe dream in my imagination.  lets really see how many people would actually be interested in this concept. if we get enough to actually commit, maybe we can approach ncl with the idea

35 minutes ago, complawyer said:

well, because of my age, i stopped at 1973. i think that's when the "bad company" album came out. hypothetically, if it gets extended to mid 70's, someone is bound to want to extend it to the early 80's etc.

in reality, this oldies/doo wopp cruise is probably only a pipe dream in my imagination.  lets really see how many people would actually be interested in this concept. if we get enough to actually commit, maybe we can approach ncl with the idea

I like you @complawyer, but do your realize what you are cancelling out?  Pink Floyd?  Queen?  Too many others to mention.  This thread is one of those "feel good" but it would never match expectations thing.  Let's keep this free and loose.  I'll sail NCL many times, and if I am fortunate enough to cross paths with a friend (either from CC or a 🐀), all the better!  I cruised with @graphicguy 🐀.  I was on the same ship as @ggTexasGal 🐀but we weren't able to cross paths.  There will be others.  That said, I will salute your doo wopp! 

Does it get any better than this?!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, complawyer said:

these cruisers are people i would personally love to have along, you and mrs schmoopie, rocketman, traveling man, chiefmate jrk, cruiseny4life and husband, and of course bird travels.

well... I see how I rate with you!!  haha

Jokes aside...  Might be cool.  I agree that it might be good as a >7 day cruise.  I loved my 2 weeks this year, but I skew to a younger demographic (I'm 44, a cruise that has an avg. age of 70+ isn't really my thing!!) so I'm trying to figure out how to swing a B2B or S2S for my next one so I get more time on board but get younger folks.

14 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

(assuming we make it that far. Once you hit 70, you just never know).

My dad turns 81 this year, they embark in 2 weeks on a TA (I have to drive them and another couple the 3-4 hours to port), his birthday is during the cruise.  

Posted (edited)

This sounds fun.  @complawyer can DJ.  @schmoopie17 can do stand-up.  @ChiefMateJRK will raise a glass of Guinness to their performance (let the heckling begin).  @graphicguy can be the official cheerleader with the infamous slip-n-fall.  @Sugar Magnolia will have his back. @BirdTravelswill do the Official CC LIVE.  @mking8288 will manage all things technological and weather predictions.  @njhorseman will be responsible for port relations.  @RocketMan275 will promote the Official LIVE to ensure it’s 200+ pages. The 🐀’s will take over the ship.  There will be a shortage of Blue Moon.  @hallux will bring his ID. @MagnoliaBlossomwill be upgrading with World Points.  @julig22 will provide knowledge on booking and upgrading solo accommodations.  @zqvol will 😂.  And, last but not least @cruiseny4life will be in charge of formal night.  

As for me, @laudergayle.  I will read the “fine print” AND use the right browser so I can have full transparency when booking this most fabulous cruise. 

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 4
  • Haha 12

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Is this because of the 🐀 infestation?

No, my pet🦉 will make sure there are no rats, but he's a know-it-all who tends to get into fights with port authorities who won't let him come ashore. 

(Rest In Peace Flaco. The city hasn't been the same without you !)

Note: Is this the oddest post you've ever read on Cruise Critic????

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I’m in…but I don’t want to talk to anyone. 

But will you write a review with lots of pictures?

And as to the original post which mentioned 70 like it was some OLD age, since 70 was on a Hal ship Boston to Montreal in 2018, a Peru land trip including Machu Piccu in 2019, had a cruise to the Norwegian fjords booked for 2020 that lost out to the Covid cancellation, a Prima London (Southampton) to Reykjavik cruise last summer, and a river tulip time cruise earlier this year. (DW turned 70 on that river cruise.)

70 is the new 50! 😉

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I really don't care what kind of music is featured. If I don't like the music being played, I can always go do something more stimulating and exciting...like Wheel of Fortune. 

(Insert puke emoji here).

Having said that, as long as we have the drink package, we're good and can put up with any music. If all else fails, we have ear plugs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

This sounds fun.  @complawyer can DJ.  @schmoopie17 can do stand-up.  @ChiefMateJRK will raise a glass of Guinness to their performance (let the heckling begin).  @graphicguy can be the official cheerleader with the infamous slip-n-fall.  @Sugar Magnolia will have his back. @BirdTravelswill do the Official CC LIVE.  @mking8288 will manage all things technological and weather predictions.  @njhorseman will be responsible for port relations.  @RocketMan275 will promote the Official LIVE to ensure it’s 200+ pages. The 🐀’s will take over the ship.  There will be a shortage of Blue Moon.  @hallux will bring his ID. @MagnoliaBlossomwill be upgrading with World Points.  @julig22 will provide knowledge on booking and upgrading solo accommodations.  @zqvol will 😂.  And, last but not least @cruiseny4life will be in charge of formal night.  

As for me, @laudergayle.  I will read the “fine print” AND use the right browser so I can have full transparency when booking this most fabulous cruise. 

What, no @chengkp75 to provide technical insight (and solve arguments)?

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

Note: Is this the oddest post you've ever read on Cruise Critic????

Not even close to some of the stuff that @fstuff1 comes up with. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

hey chief, it's not that i'm trying to omit these groups, but my concept was an oldies but goodies/doo wopp cruise. queen, pink floyd, even the beatles/stones wouldnt meet the criteria, although they certainly are at this time an oldies act. 

regardless, even if my idea of an oldies cruise is great in concept, i doubt it will ever reach the execution stage. but you are correct, it's groups like the jive five, 5 satins, flamingoes, etc, that i had in mind. Anyone remember norman fox and the rob roys, the quotations, danny and the juniors, the charts ?

12 hours ago, complawyer said:

As long as there is a lot of Motown

• Like 3

That would be great fun.  I was lucky enough to sail with graphic guy and gg in February.  Rocket man was onboard but we never met up.  So nice meeting people who I’ve chatted with online for years.  But, chief would be in the brig the entire cruise, so not much chance of meeting him 😉🐀

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

hey chief, it's not that i'm trying to omit these groups, but my concept was an oldies but goodies/doo wopp cruise. queen, pink floyd, even the beatles/stones wouldnt meet the criteria, although they certainly are at this time an oldies act. 

regardless, even if my idea of an oldies cruise is great in concept, i doubt it will ever reach the execution stage. but you are correct, it's groups like the jive five, 5 satins, flamingoes, etc, that i had in mind. Anyone remember norman fox and the rob roys, the quotations, danny and the juniors, the charts ?