Find Laura’s Answers

8 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Agreed.  We have one gambler and drinker that is going to take up knitting and reading🤣

Celebrity should have a yarn shop on the ship , those knitters spend a fortune in those stores 😢😱🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

See answers beginning July 17th through next Friday, July 26th. (On the post.)

I think most people understand Beginning July 17 means all the answers should be there right and then on July 17. But its amusing people to see some of the replies on here, kind of like adolescent temper tantrums.  

24 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I think most people understand Beginning July 17 means all the answers should be there right and then on July 17. But its amusing people to see some of the replies on here, kind of like adolescent temper tantrums.  

I’m not saying I’m angry but I have worked for a large multi national company and understand that if one of the dates you publicize is July 17th as the start of answering questions, that people will look that day and call you out if nothing is there.

So when Celebrity out out these dates, I would have assumed someone would have made sure that at least one question got answered on that publicized date. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I came looking for the same answer. How will we find which questions have been answered by madame president? Will they be stickied to the top of the thread? Highlighted in some way? I’d rather not have to keep checking back when I’m not even sure what I’m looking for. 

If I remember correctly the last time they did this with the previous president her answers weren't up on the "beginning on" date either.

And people fussed then.

And people fussed when she answered.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I came looking for the same answer. How will we find which questions have been answered by madame president? Will they be stickied to the top of the thread? Highlighted in some way? I’d rather not have to keep checking back when I’m not even sure what I’m looking for. 

Follow the thread and you will get notifications

She answered one 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

20 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Easy. Click on her profile then click See their activity. 

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 8.50.45 AM.png

• Like 3

Laura has started answering the questions and I have to say so far I am disappointed.  It is all marketing speak and nothing specifically said to address the question.   

She's only answered half a dozen so far but answers are being posted 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Laura has started answering the questions and I have to say so far I am disappointed.  It is all marketing speak and nothing specifically said to address the question.   

I wouldn’t expect much else.  On the positive side the issues/concerns are there for her team to see. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

What did anyone expect? I seriously doubt she has unilateral power to make the changes that some want…

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Same thing happened with the last president.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/16-celebrity-cruises/

Maybe she did not like the questions?  I thought they were rather soft ...

I thought her answer to you about E Class was legit, the classes are different for a reason..I’m 61 and like the E Class, that said, I don’t complain every chance I get about the S Class being quiet and sedate. 

I haven’t read many of the other answers, I do expect a lot of marketing speak for sure..

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I remember some of those.

One of the questions was will Celebrity bring back the 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise that so many enjoyed.  The answer was something like this:

Celebrity always looks at new itineraries and destinations.  However at this time we have no plans to bring the itinerary back.

I thought that was intentional by RCL so they don't have to give $200 Stockholder Credit for cruises over 13 days.   Very few cruises are more than 13 any more.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

I’m not saying I’m angry but I have worked for a large multi national company and understand that if one of the dates you publicize is July 17th as the start of answering questions, that people will look that day and call you out if nothing is there.

So when Celebrity out out these dates, I would have assumed someone would have made sure that at least one question got answered on that publicized date. 

Agree, but those were dates Cruise Critic put out, not Celebrity.  I have a feeling it should have been worded in that Laura will start reviewing questions on the 17th and will answer shortly thereafter etc  

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I agree, she only answered a handful of questions and they are all “fluff” answers. When asked why they no longer offer gratuities she sidetracked it with telling us we have the option to pay for them ahead of time 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

And, like others said, you will not get a exact definitive answer on many of the questions.  It will be marketing speak, that is mainly what the question and answer forums always are for large corporations.  This is a gathering of info for them to get a pulse of a subset of people who enjoy sailing.  

I could be wrong, but I strongly suspect that it isn't Laura who is answering the questions.  I suspect this Q&A is purely a marketing effort from start to finish. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

I see someone shared the link over to Laura's profile which is the easiest way to locate specific responses (answers) to posted questions.

There's a great deal to unpack in all your questions. I'll try to summarize:

The questions were collected over a two week period; there are quite a number of them, and Laura & her team at Celebrity has shared that they will do their best to answer them by Friday.  I will personally attest that there hasn't been any soft-posting of questions, and that I'm in constant contact with the folks over at Laura's office and that they are working hard making sure the questions are answered. 

I ask that you respect the fact that she is running a cruise line, and please be patient.

Thanking you all in advance,

LauraS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators

Oh, and we are pinning questions w/ Laura's responses for ease of locating them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, buchhalm said:

The poor woman probably sent an underling to the liquor store. Finding a diplomatic answer to some rather bizarre questions would need something strong to cope with.

Expecting the CEO of an organisation to answer why the "fish is always cooked wrong" (I paraphrase here), is priceless. 😄

Agree.  Some of the questions, like the referenced one, were embarrassing to say the least.  A shame we had to clog up the board with stuff like that.  I understand different things are important to different people, but there are major questions and concerns to be dealt with (or not) instead of a situation where someone doesn't like how a particular dish is cooked.  

• Like 1

I for one appreciate the effort and the answers, even if some here are not satisfied with them.  Some were great questions.  Some questions IMO were not-so-subtle attempts to be purposefully negative.  She answered both types to her credit.  A big thank you to @LauraS and to President Laura.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I for one appreciate the effort and the answers, even if some here are not satisfied with them.  Some were great questions.  Some questions IMO were not-so-subtle attempts to be purposefully negative.  She answered both types to her credit.  A big thank you to @LauraS and to President Laura.

Amen!! She didn't have to agree to do this. Big thanks for doing it - and I look forward to answers to remaining questions!

• Like 2