Bringing Nespresso Coffee Machine on board

11 hours ago, fenton04 said:

Part of the charm of bringing on a Nespresso machine is bringing it on riding a cool Vespa!  So continental!

A classic Vespa from the 1960's.  Great way to get on the ship!

• Like 2

On 7/19/2024 at 9:17 AM, BND said:

LOL.  No guest "regularly" brings a coffee maker onboard.  I do know some crew/staff have brought machines into their cabins, but pretty sure they have to be approved and inspected.   I' will say I've seen pics of the naughty tables on some ships and the things people try to bring onboard are wild.  

Although there is a prohibition of items with heating elements, there are always confiscated items. I never knew that there was that many things to steam on a ship. 

image.png.fdb74f75369a206b66df1bbf76053b0a.png

image.png.2f5b483c58c46701c9f3259491830d2a.png

A good few years ago now but on a short cruise from Southampton we were behind a family in security who were trying to bring on board a small satellite dish and receiver box. The sort of thing you would use in a caravan (RV).

I remember the argument well when it was refused - Manchester United were playing in a Champions League game they wanted to try and watch.

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2024 at 5:51 PM, ARandomTraveler said:

Even more annoying since they've reduced balcony cleanings to once per sailing. 

16 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

If that

I wouldn’t be surprised if people almost fall overboard just trying to clean the outside of the glass on their balcony. 

Edited by lovesthebeach2

Back in 98 we took our George Foreman grill on Rhapsody of the Seas and it was such a hit with our neighbors and stateroom attendants.  Cooked so many dogs and burgs on that sailing, so many happy memories and full tummies...sad that Royal is so strict nowadays!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 3CatsInMA said:

The best way to get a coffee maker aboard is to hide it in a crock pot and surrounded with rum runners. 

You're welcome!

By George I think he got  it!

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if people almost fall overboard just trying to clean the outside of the glass on their balcony. 

Wait, are there people who still don't bring one of these along???

Screenshot_20240721_093404.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, 3CatsInMA said:

Not sure if you’re kidding, but it looks too big to add to the plethora of things I already pack. You wouldn’t believe the things I bring.

I get hubby to lean over with a wet towel and clean the top half of the glass, that’s really all we need to see out from the chairs on the balcony. This past cruise there was varnish running down the glass from when they redid the railing, so I used my nail file to get it off.

Well it either was a joke or the OP got their answer and may be intimidated by the responses as they have not been back to comment.  I'm going with the joke bet as IMO I can't imagine them seriously asking this, especially as they seem from their post to be familiar with cruising.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Well it either was a joke or the OP got their answer and may be intimidated by the responses as they have not been back to comment.  I'm going with the joke bet as IMO I can't imagine them seriously asking this, especially as they seem from their post to be familiar with cruising.

I am leaning toward a regional Nespresso distributor.  Just sayin…..

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 3CatsInMA said:

I’ve been tempted but no I wouldn’t. The glass on the balcony is sometimes so bad you can’t see through it. 

To the Op - unfortunately you can’t bring your own. We never use it in a suite and when sailing in Australia/UK for instance ask them to remove the coffee “kettle” in a balcony cabin.  We do visit the coffee place every morning though. Order your expresso from there.  I have brought on board a cardboard carrier to take it back to the room. 

On 7/20/2024 at 8:14 AM, BirdTravels said:

Although there is a prohibition of items with heating elements, there are always confiscated items. I never knew that there was that many things to steam on a ship. 

image.png.fdb74f75369a206b66df1bbf76053b0a.png

image.png.2f5b483c58c46701c9f3259491830d2a.png

Have seen 2-3 Tables with items on them and this on Radiance Class. Was even more items right after they stopped passengers from bringing on more then 2 cases water/pop per cabin. 

I am not the least bit surprised at an innocent question like a Nespresso.  Not only do I see the naughty table at the end of every cruise, I also read "another site" in which people regularly state that they take their own bedding, pillows, shower curtains, bathmat, storage products, box fans, white noise machines, string (party) lights, balcony furniture, hammock, food products, and more. Some take an extra suitcase or two just for these items.

On 7/19/2024 at 9:50 AM, Arzeena said:

How about the Fry Daddy? And the toaster.

I'll be bringing my turkey fryer and 80 gallons of cooking oil, in my carry-on luggage, of course!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'll be bringing my turkey fryer and 80 gallons of cooking oil, in my carry-on luggage, of course!

Use on your balcony is not allowed as it is a fire issue. But on the pool deck, fire it up and fry away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2024 at 12:37 AM, ARandomTraveler said:

Now I've heard everything 👀

You must not be a Nespresso cult member, like myself. I can't even drink regular coffee anymore. That said, never going to get one on. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Funny but Royal out of Southampton UK provide kettles, well some sort of water heating thingy 🤔 in the rooms for.us brits as we cant get out of bed without a cup of tea. 🤣🤣🤣

P&O, MSC and Princess all provide proper (Electric) kettles with tea and coffee sachets in the room and restocked everyday as well on  Southampton cruises. 

You can imagine the amount of proper teabags, such as Pg Tips and Yorkshire tea that is carried onboard in hand luggage.....god forbid suitcase goes missing lol

So i guess maybe royal can provide a kettle like thingy in your room and take your own sachets, can get lots of different flavours.........

However like the OP i took my costa machine to Iraq and Afghanistan when i deployed there 👍 home comforts and all that. 

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

You must not be a Nespresso cult member, like myself. I can't even drink regular coffee anymore. That said, never going to get one on. 

I've never tried it, but I do have a very fancy fully automatic Delonghi espresso machine at home which has kept me away from coffee shops for almost 2 years now. I've heard good things from other Nespresso people though. 

That being said - I drank the ship's free coffee on Allure last week and I lived. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

14 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I've never tried it, but I do have a very fancy fully automatic Delonghi espresso machine at home which has kept me away from coffee shops for almost 2 years now. I've heard good things from other Nespresso people though. 

That being said - I drank the ship's free coffee on Allure last week and I lived. 

We always get the drink package: their espressos are excellent!

17 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I used to have an Nespresso which I thought was okay but then I got a semi auto Breville Express about 2 years ago and realized Nespresso was not all that great. You can actually make better espresso than Nespresso.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for the long delay I have been on the last leg of a land vacation with another family so had no time to get back to my favorite cruise site and see what was suggested.

I have to say.. most of you on here had me in stitches laughing until my eyes were tearing.. I can see how one may assume this was a funny question.

I will request an espresso machine from the concierge.. yes.. the concierge even though I am only in a balcony. I feel like if the concierge receives my request he/she may be left without words and may think I have simply forgotten the pecking order. I believe that if I ask with bold confidence in my voice the concierge will accept my request and grant it as a warm gesture to a kind past passenger. 
My father always told us as kids that you will catch more flies with the doors open. I’ll be sure to report back what the outcome of this seemingly outlandish request.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1