The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday July 25th, 2024

Today is Hire A Veteran Day, National Korean War Veterans Armistice Day, and Red Shoe Day (International)

If God wanted us to bend over he'd put diamonds on the floor. - Joan Rivers

Meal Suggestion for today - Vegetarian Niçoise Salad
Drink of the Day - Baileys Colada
Wine of the Day - Tablas Creek 2021 Esprit Blanc de Tablas White (Adelaida District)
Destination of the Day - Celukan Bawang, Bali Indonesia

Today in History:
1814 English engineer George Stephenson introduces his first steam locomotive, a traveling engine designed for hauling coal on the Killingworth wagonway named Blücher
1984 Svetlana Savitskaya becomes the First Woman to Walk in Space

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 06:30 - 13:00

Koningsdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 11:00 - 19:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Juneau, Alaska 08:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Statendam

Heimaey, Westman Islands 0800-1700

Noordam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2100

Oosterdam

Katakolon, Olympia, Greece 09:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Skjolden, Sognefjord, Norway 07:00 - 15:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Bar Harbor, Maine eta 07-26

Westerdam

Sitka, Baranof Island Alaska 08:00 - 16:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska eta 07-26

Zuiderdam

Red Bay NL, Newfoundland-Labrador Canada 08:00 - 17:00

0725Alaska.thumb.png.43a135996881be7096419513536acf3e.png

0725Atlantic.thumb.png.3e84e3f22a86d55fa2539229ad63e9ca.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 30

Today’s Care List:

Safe travels to cruising sister and DGS traveling to MN to visit DB

Kazu recovering from stents placed for leg/foot pain

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck unable to get stents unclogged, needs surgery

Heat, Fires (Jasper), flooding and Storms across the US

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Doobieb’s friend Leesa with breast cancer

Vict0riann post breast cancer surgery, treatment plan being formulated

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

StLouisCruisers’ nephew Alex’s identical twins born 7/23!

Rafinmd’s improved PSA level

RMLincoln’s DH post glaucoma surgery, good eye pressures this week

Dfish’s successful nerve ablation

Cruzin Terri’s arm feeling better

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Horizon Chaser 1957 (Volendam July 27 to Aug 20) 24d Canada, NE, Iceland

Cunnorl (Zuiderdam to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings, St Pete Cruiser (Zuiderdam to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings and Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Aug 29) 44d Epic Northern Adventure London to London, celebrating 50th anniversary

• Like 17
  • Thanks 27

Good morning friends!  The weather is like a broken record here.  Temp this morning is 72 with a high of 87 expected, cloudy skies and chances of rain this afternoon.  It’s been raining a lot.  DH measures the previous 24 hours rain at 5 pm every day.  Yesterday at 5 there was about 1.1 inches.  After he emptied the rain gauge it began raining heavily again!  This morning we’ll be driving to my mammo appointment and run any other errands necessary.  Tomorrow will be our heavy grocery shopping trip.  We picked up the few necessities we needed Sunday on the way home from dropping off the rental car.  Fridays are 4X fuel points day at Kroger, and we let DS, DDIL and Ren use our points to fill up their cars.  We use so little gas, it just makes sense.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today’s Fleet Report and Daily as well as the location maps.  Two great veterans appreciation days and I would hope all veterans would have a job waiting for them when they finish their service to our country.  I have a pair of red kitten heels but they aren’t worn very often lately.  It’s also Christmas in July and National Hot Fudge Sundae Day!  Yippee!  Today’s quote is another amusing comment by the late Joan Rivers.  The recipe should be interesting today.  No idea if I’d like a Baileys Colada.  Not sure about the wine either.  A big day for women in space and for transportation advancement. Thanks Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your reports each day.

Prayers for DB, twin sister, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the few hostages still left and probably losing faith, and our men and women in uniform overseas.  Many prayers for our Care list people here.  We pray for your good health, excellent medical procedure results, and reduction in pain for all.  Sending prayers of gratitude that Declan and Clement arrived safely and in perfect health.  They are miracles!  Congrats to all celebrating special events and enjoying wonderful cruises!  Thanks go to Vanessa @JazzyV for her hard work paying attention to all our comments and updating her lists each day.  What a champ!

The port of the day is Celukan Bawang, Bali, Indonesia.  This was the port before on Sept. 3, 2023 so I’ll post that link.  I haven’t been to that port before, only Benoa, Bali.  Thanks for your photos today!

Hope we all have a great day, negative mammogram results, and please try to stay safe and keep well!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning from the Zuiderdam

Veterans do not always receive the respect and gratitude they deserve. 
    We are in Red Bay today. It is a beautiful sunny day with temps in the 60s. The port only allows. 1 tender at a time so it will be a very slow process today. Not taking DD over so I will go get a ticket and wait. Just want a look see.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene 

• Like 36
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.

Thank you for today's FR & D.

3 important days.

Funny quote.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

I called at the beach this morning with a ham,cheese and tomato roll while Pauline was at the hairdresser's.

George Stephenson lived near us in Killing worth Newcastle.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

Screenshot_20240725_113400.jpg

Screenshot_20240725_113451.jpg

IMG_20240725_103946.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 10

Posted (edited)

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

77 right now with a high of 93, a chance of afternoon showers. We had a slight breeze on the golf course yesterday which made a nice difference compared to what we have had the last month or so.

Good selection of days.

Funny quote but I was never a fan of Joan Rivers.

I’d give the meal and the drink a try.

10 days to go until our MSC cruise on the Seashore out of Port Canaveral, this will be the largest ship we have sailed on with over 5,000 passengers, not our cup of tea but from what I’ve read there is plenty of room and the ship doesn’t feel crowded.

Have a great day and stay well.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie for the FR&D   Three great days to celebrate today.    Special prayers for  Terri, Katherine’s friend, Sandi’s brother, Scottie,  Chuck, Bonnie and Tana with  Annie and Chuck at the top of the list.

Funny quote by Rivers.

I have not been to today’s port

Two interesting days in history.  I am thankful for locomotives, regardless of type..

I’ll pass on the meal..  My alternative is Citrus Delight with Amaretto, Chilled Anjou Pear Soup and Penne Pasta with Grilled Chicken Breast, my first dinner on MS Prinsendam July 25, 2011..

It’s an hour and a half to my medical appointment today so I won’t be around much..

Roy

• Like 37
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Cool and clear this morning, only 12°C (54°F) when I got up.  It should warm up this afternoon.

Three good days to celebrate.  I'll wear red shoes when I take Bertie for a walk.

Amusing quote.

I'll try the meal, pass on the drink and hope the wine is tasty.

Prayers for so many.  I hope there are lots of reasons to celebrate.

Have a good day.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  The weather is like a broken record here.  Temp this morning is 72 with a high of 87 expected, cloudy skies and chances of rain this afternoon.  It’s been raining a lot.  DH measures the previous 24 hours rain at 5 pm every day.  Yesterday at 5 there was about 1.1 inches.  After he emptied the rain gauge it began raining heavily again!  This morning we’ll be driving to my mammo appointment and run any other errands necessary.  Tomorrow will be our heavy grocery shopping trip.  We picked up the few necessities we needed Sunday on the way home from dropping off the rental car.  Fridays are 4X fuel points day at Kroger, and we let DS, DDIL and Ren use our points to fill up their cars.  We use so little gas, it just makes sense.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today’s Fleet Report and Daily as well as the location maps.  Two great veterans appreciation days and I would hope all veterans would have a job waiting for them when they finish their service to our country.  I have a pair of red kitten heels but they aren’t worn very often lately.  It’s also Christmas in July and National Hot Fudge Sundae Day!  Yippee!  Today’s quote is another amusing comment by the late Joan Rivers.  The recipe should be interesting today.  No idea if I’d like a Baileys Colada.  Not sure about the wine either.  A big day for women in space and for transportation advancement. Thanks Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your reports each day.

Prayers for DB, twin sister, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the few hostages still left and probably losing faith, and our men and women in uniform overseas.  Many prayers for our Care list people here.  We pray for your good health, excellent medical procedure results, and reduction in pain for all.  Sending prayers of gratitude that Declan and Clement arrived safely and in perfect health.  They are miracles!  Congrats to all celebrating special events and enjoying wonderful cruises!  Thanks go to Vanessa @JazzyV for her hard work paying attention to all our comments and updating her lists each day.  What a champ!

The port of the day is Celukan Bawang, Bali, Indonesia.  This was the port before on Sept. 3, 2023 so I’ll post that link.  I haven’t been to that port before, only Benoa, Bali.  Thanks for your photos today!

Hope we all have a great day, negative mammogram results, and please try to stay safe and keep well!

Good luck today Sandi.

Pauline said mammograms are uncomfortable but important for health screening.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie for the FR&D   Three great days to celebrate today.    Special prayers for  Terri, Katherine’s friend, Sandi’s brother, Scottie,  Chuck, Bonnie and Tana with  Annie and Chuck at the top of the list.

Funny quote by Rivers.

I have not been to today’s port

Two interesting days in history.  I am thankful for locomotives, regardless of type..

I’ll pass on the meal..  My alternative is Citrus Delight with Amaretto, Chilled Anjou Pear Soup and Penne Pasta with Grilled Chicken Breast, my first dinner on MS Prinsendam July 25, 2011..

It’s an hour and a half to my medical appointment today so I won’t be around much..

Roy

Good luck and best wishes for your medical appointment Roy.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Baileys Colada cocktail:

Ingredients
3.5oz Baileys Colada
2 cups Frozen Pineapple
Finely Chopped Coconut
Ice
Directions:
STEP ONE Into a blender add: 1-2 scoops of crushed Ice, 2 heaped cups of frozen pineapple, 3.5oz Baileys Colada
STEP TWO Blend to a smooth consistency
STEP THREE Dip rim of colada glass in chopped coconut
STEP FOUR Garnish the glass with a slice of pineapple & leaves

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 7.16.36 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 22

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! The Sahara dust is here in force. Though it makes me cough a bit after Bindi & I have been out in it for awhile, it is creating spectacular sunrises. Here’s this morning’s for example…

IMG_4798.jpeg.386d18f7359ab9021ea80d9b2b5041e3.jpeg

Vanessa thank you for keeping up with our happenings. Praying that your medical team fixes you up fast. 

Haircut, gym, Bindi walks, chores, and pool time. I need to start prepping for Saturday. I am hosting a Limon Drop fest for my neighbor who is departing for Utah next month. 

IMG_3191.jpeg.27dbd9c0e128288b0653f0749147b797.jpeg

IMG_3160.jpeg.e69d414e4e3dc9a374a601af8440e21f.jpeg

IMG_3063.jpeg.45331b781d24e99f6c79db4d1a2cf1e1.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Tana, praying that you have a good day and that you enjoy your meals!

Chuck, praying that Annie doesn’t tire out. She takes such great care of you. More than you even know. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Roy, congrats on those PSA levels!  

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Tablas Creek 2021 Esprit Blanc de Tablas White (Adelaida District)

I won a bottle of ChateauNeuf du Pape blanc at a raffle last month, and it is an amazing white blend!  I just recently bought a couple bottles for “my cellar”.

This California white blend is made from some of the same varietals, and sounds just as lovely. It is a bit pricey, but I would love a taste. Online prices start at $54.95.

Winemaker notes

The Tablas Creek Vineyard 2021 Esprit de Tablas Blanc is our flagship white blend, chosen from the top lots of five white Rhone varieties propagated from budwood cuttings from the Château de Beaucastel estate. Roussanne provides the core richness, minerality, and flavors of honey and spice, while Grenache Blanc adds green apple and anise flavors, lush mouthfeel and bright acids. Picpoul Blanc adds pineapple brightness and saline minerality, Bourboulenc provides limestoney, citrusy lift and Clairette Blanche brings clean fruitiness and chalky minerality.

• ACCOLADES

TASTING NOTES

An immediately appealing nose of poached pear, crystallized pineapple, honeysuckle and a touch of sweet oak. On the palate, luscious and textured, with honey, green apple, and graham cracker flavors, solid acidity, and a little dancing mango-like tropicality from the Picpoul. Fresh and lifted, but long and textured. A charming Esprit Blanc that will be hard to resist young but which should also do beautifully with time in the cellar. Drink now and over the next two decades.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 19
  • Haha 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It was nice to give the ac a rest yesterday and sleep with the windows open.  Today promises to be a warm day but with the humidity getting lower.  Mona got me out of bed by knocking the bedside lamp to the floor, breakfast was promptly served. I hope everyone has a good day today.

Tucker isn’t sure about the new cats in the house.
image.thumb.png.edf4cb331ad0c0a96e48d1c6f247417d.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 13

Blessings upon each of you Dailyites!!

Thank you for the Reports and all the info!!!

Uncle Cleve was in Korea, and Uncle Phil supported as a member of SAC.  Both made a career of their service.  Daddy served as a Seabee in the Navy, but came home before Korea.  Even Mommie enlisted in the Marines!  All Veterans I'm very proud of!  

Now, I'm sure I have red shoes...  I'll find them and wear them!

The meal and beverages all seem inviting, and I don't know our destination, today!

And special shout out to thank and honor our @JazzyV.   THANK YOU of your details and daily list of all things happening to us!!

Prayers for all listed and (like the reason to wear red shoes) for those "invisible" and unspoken needs each of us carry!

God bless us all, everyone!

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

And...  This one sounds so yummy -- I'd have one as a morning smoothie!!!  (I guess I'd have to add some seeds and vitamins...)

11 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Baileys Colada cocktail:

Ingredients
3.5oz Baileys Colada
2 cups Frozen Pineapple
Finely Chopped Coconut
Ice
Directions:
STEP ONE Into a blender add: 1-2 scoops of crushed Ice, 2 heaped cups of frozen pineapple, 3.5oz Baileys Colada
STEP TWO Blend to a smooth consistency
STEP THREE Dip rim of colada glass in chopped coconut
STEP FOUR Garnish the glass with a slice of pineapple & leaves

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 7.16.36 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks for the daily Rich. When I was hiring for positions I always pulled their (veterans )resumes for more scrutiny and if a near fit I would interview.  When I was hiring for an apartment manager after I took over a new job when my DH passed I interviewed another.  She was US Navy and was the site manager of Camp David.   Korean vets are getting fewer and fewer and deserve to be celebrated.  Thanks for the definition of Red Shoe day Graham.  A goofy quote.  I look forward to photos of today's port.  I'll pass on the meal andthe cocktail but would love a bottle of  today's wine.  We have a bottle of the red up here.  Thanks for researching these for us each day. 

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.  Prayers for Tana, Terry, Chuck, Annie, Ann, Terry, Bonnie and Jacqui.  Prayers for all who are grieving or ailing and for those in war zones through no fault of their own. 

It blew yesterday so no fishing.  My asthma was terrible so I think the north winds blew in smoke. We cut and stacked kindling and I was panting.  I putzed in the garden after that.  I hope today is better, I'll have to wait for it to warm up it is 46.  Have a good one!  Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 3

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Good results with my bloodwork yesterday. My doctor should be pleased tomorrow.

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 31

Good morning, everyone!

We can still smell the smoke from last night's fire across the street.  They were here working till late last night to make sure nothing was smoldering and then to secure the house.  Firefighters had to cut several holes in the roof to get to the fire.  There were some windows blown out and the front door was destroyed.  

I am going to yoga this morning and then have a hair appointment at noon.  After that, I am free to do what I like.  

Today's meal would be a great side dish to a lean protein.  I would probably shy away due to the potatoes, or at least pick out around them.  The starch in the potatoes sends my blood sugar way up.  Nicoise Salad

nicoisesalad1.thumb.jpg.feb2a732963e2ef1065228df7fc7e00f.jpg

It sure looks good, doesn't it?  This next one is a vegan one, so no eggs.   Vegan Nicoise Salad

nicoisesalad2.thumb.jpg.776be69cd8eabf0b887dc45d04562003.jpg

This one adds in some feta cheese for protein and  uses a lot of greens for the bed of the salad.  Vegetarian Nicoise Salad

nicoisesalad3.jpg.647718dce406e53b0fca12a28bef61b5.jpg

That looks so nice and fresh and I bet it would be very refreshing to eat.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 17

Good morning. We received a lot of rain yesterday and we have a 80% of more today and the days ahead.

Received a nice message from the Food and Beverage Manager from our World Cruise thanking us for a bottle of wine we gave to him. He was enjoying it at his home in Amsterdam. Amazing but we still have frequent communication from Hotel Director and Cruise Director and other crew. We did become family with crew and guest.

Have my annual Echocardiogram this morning and it’s around twenty miles away so need to start getting ready.

Thanks for your Daily contributions. Bruce

image.jpeg.88b998fc5b536e3bb48a190fe386b3c3.jpegimage.jpeg.2a31da54791ca6060b6de7d94216c783.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Haha 18

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich and thanks to the F. B team.

All veterans deserve to be recognized and appreciated.  LOL on the Joan River quote.  The wine sounds a little too pricey for me.

Couldn’t come back yesterday.  TV went out so I did some boxes.  Then my neighbour let me know it was up.  Nope, not mine.  None of the regular stuff worked.  So he came over and rebooted the modem - nada.  On the phone to the provider and after following instructions I was left with NO phone, internet or alarm system.  Provider got someone out before day’s end after 2 hours of piddling - everything was up and running.

By then it was time for my workers to arrive to bring out my boxes, bring up stuff for me to pack, take out the boxes, etc.  By the end of the day I was exhausted and my legs were killing me.And of course I couldn’t get a full night’s sleep.  😔 

Realtors come today regarding staging the house.  Just hope there doesn’t have to be too much. 🤞

34 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

IMG_3191.jpeg.27dbd9c0e128288b0653f0749147b797.jpeg

@cat shepard your meme really hit home for me wink.😘 

Oeayers for those on the care list abd those that need t them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

10 days to go until our MSC cruise on the Seashore out of Port Canaveral, this will be the largest ship we have sailed on with over 5,000 passengers, not our cup of tea but from what I’ve read there is plenty of room and the ship doesn’t feel crowded.

Have a great day and stay well.

Enjoy the MSC Seashore!  We sailed on her in May in YC but were around the ship quite a bit. It too is the largest ship we had been on but never really felt that crowded. Sue enjoys the casino and always found a seat. Regarding the buffet, everyone crowds to the forward portion but there is plenty of space aft. Seems to be a quirk of MSC passengers. The best pizza!

- Jack

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily updates.  Exciting day planned with the locksmith coming to rekey some doors and a tree removal company coming out to give us an estimate to remove a dead tree, livin’ large here!

Three nice days to celebrate today although I’m sure that I don’t own any red shoes.

I liked Joan Rivers but I didn’t always find her jokes funny, today’s is one of them.

The meal sounds delicious but the drink seems too sweet for me, maybe just a sip.

I haven’t been to today’s port, it sounds exotic.

Prayers for all of those on our list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!  

• Like 31