The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 10th, 2024

richwmn

1 minute ago, puppycanducruise said:

Bertie says "I need more toys"

R0010325.JPG

LOL Bertie and Ivan could have a competition 🙂 😂 

First dog I’ve had that didn’t destroy them and treasures them.  

• Like 27

Posted (edited)

Another chilly, damp morning in the UP.   Wind gusts to 26 today.   Thanks for starting our day off each day Rich.  I think dogs should be spoiled daily, never owned Spanx and hi to Paul Bunyan.  A true quote.   Haven't been to Samana.   Pass on the salmon, enjoyed a few Pisco sours in Peru and probably would enjoy the vino.  Thanks for researching these for us each day. 

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.   Safe travels to Boston @RMLincoln.  Prayers for Tana and Terry and for Annie and Chuck who soldier through battles each day.  Prayers for everyone else in our group who are ailing or grieving.  Prayers for Ukraine as they are taking land in Russia, for how long no one knows, the remaining hostages and the Innocents in Gaza.   

My DN was married near Jackson Hole yesterday.  It was too difficult for us to get there plus the problem of leaving plants that need water every day so we stayed home.  We see her a lot up here at the cabin and she lives nearby downstate.  Have a lovely Saturday.  Nancy 

20045.jpeg

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

It is a nippy 56F right now, cooling the house down nicely.  It is going to be mostly overcast with a high of 70F today.  Sounds perfect for a family picnic in the park.  It won't be too hot for a game of kickball.  I'm making the Mexican Street Corn Salad for the picnic.  We had that as the Meal of the Day a while back.  

@luvteaching  Bon Voyage!  I hope you have a great cruise.

@RMLincoln Bon Voyage to you!   Enjoy every minute!

@Tbay

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.5f275daae66c88a1a96121d28fb26435.jpg

Today's meal is a great one for sushi lovers.  If you aren't a fan of raw fish, you can cook it.  That was mentioned in one of the comments.  I'd sub in riced cauliflower for the rice.  Salmon Sushi Grain Bowl

salmonsushigrainbowl1.png.e59188eb97aa1f643ed1de04bb95d385.png

Here's one for the carrot fans.  The rice/quinoa mixture has a carrot and ginger dressing that goes on it.  I think that would make it quite interesting.  Salmon Roll Grain Bowl

salmonsushigrainbowl2.thumb.png.3c27b0c68076c39c4c318abdf9895e04.png

This recipe uses a sriracha mayo as the dressing and that sounds pretty tasty to me.  The cooked salmon looks wonderful!   Salmon Sushi Bowl

salmonsushigrainbowl3.thumb.png.387c82dbf243fd52825c9e0829927538.png

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Where’s the BS?  Bussell spouts of course! 😀

• Like 8
  • Haha 11

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Sandi, thank you for covering for Rich when he goes off on his next adventure in September!

It was just starting to get light when Bindi & I headed out this morning. The crows were just starting to wake up - I bet they wake up all the other birds in the area. Not too humid, and the breeze gained momentum during our walk. I welcome it, since we are under another heat advisory. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us. It is an endless task. 

Gym, Bindi walks, chores & hosting the farewell dinner for my departing neighbor. Just a small group tonight. I am going to try air frying scallops for the first time. Wish me luck.

Boy am I glad that I never taught Bindi to read, or spell for that matter. But I have to confess, every day is spoil your dog day here. 

IMG_3261.jpeg.5f9086244d762714c45d3e0f490576aa.jpeg

IMG_3275.jpeg.ad8b791f0e86c13282b287a15694c7f9.jpeg

IMG_3276.jpeg.6d8bcb0812b9e13ad8cd06650853a3e6.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Tana, praying that you and Terry have an uneventful great day!

Chuck & Annie, same goes for the two of you. 

Praying for all our caregivers. Bless them. 

Jack thank you for Sam’s pictures. Hugs to you & your DW!

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Happy Birthday @Tbay

Enjoy your day!

Safe travels Maureen!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Angove Shiraz Vinyard Select 2021

Another Australian wine to enjoy! I used the 2021 vintage info, because it is easy to find. It is certainly priced to try. I would definitely try it, though I prefer my Shiraz tempered with a tiny bit of Viognier. Who knows I just might like it. Online prices start at $11.99.

Distributor notes

• 91 Point Rated & 4.5 Stars Sam Kim Wine Orbit 

• Fifth Generation Family Owned & Operated Winery 

• Premium Single Vineyard Organic McLaren Vale Shiraz
Vintage: 2021
Source/Region:

McLaren Vale, South Australia

Grape Variety: Shiraz
Cellaring: Drink now 
Bottle Top: Stelvin
Alcohol Content: 14.50
Standard Drinks: 8.60
Rating: 91
Tasting Notes:

Fruited and fragrant on the nose, showing dark plum, blueberry, rich floral and hazelnut notes, leading to a fruit-expressive palate that's succulent and silky. 

Technical:

Angove Vineyard Select Shiraz's aim is to showcase the very best Shiraz that can be made from the McLaren Vale, one of Australia's icon regions for the variety. Sourced from various premium vineyards across the region, the wine simply shouts McLaren Vale! Loads of morello cherry and dark chocolate aromas and flavours are present along with silken tannin integration. A superb long length finishes off a masterstroke in regional expression.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 1

Happy Saturday. Thanks for the daily and fleet reports. 

Sunny today with a high in the low 80s. Expecting cooler weather in the next couple of days. 

Planning on doing some chores around the house. Maybe weeding the front bed. Some clean-up to do after the storms. Grocery shopping. The usual weekend stuff. 

This is Fancy or what we call a spoiled dog. 

Fancy.thumb.jpg.b3de4003c1e1edb67de9b16cf8fcd9dc.jpg

Bon voyage to @luvteaching

Pin on Cats

Happy birthday @Tbay!

101 Funny Cat Birthday Memes for the Feline Lovers in Your Life

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

90 Funny Saturday Memes, Images & Pics for a Happy Weekend | Funny ...

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

20045.jpeg

Nancy, what a lovely bride (and groom)!  I send them my best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

Ann @cat shepard I laughed out loud at the Wonder Bread bag vintage boot liners.  I don't think we've ever had to use that type of thing but it tickled us both.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for the FR&D     I'll pass on the shapeware but honor the other two days...    Special prayers for Carol  Terri, Katherine’s friend, Sandi’s brother, Scottie,  Chuck, Annie and Tana with  Annie and Chuck at the top of the list....Happy Birthday Tbay.  Bon Voyage Luvteaching

I like the quote today..

Dominican Republic 2 days in a row. I visited Samana in 2011 and 2013 on Enchantment of the Seas.   In 2011 I just walked around town on my own and was totally unimpressed.  In 2013 I booked a walking tour.,.

https://getawaysfrom21044.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/enos-day-6-thursday-january-31-2013-samana-dominican-republic/

Two very diverse days in history but a sad one in 1945..

I’ll pass on the meal....  My alternative is .Fresh Fruit Medley, Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup, and Spaghetti Puttanesca as served on MS Prinsendam August 10 2011..

Significant damage from Debby but not for me or really close to me.  Fire house this afternoon..

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all from lovely and cool New Brighton, MN.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  

I hope all of you dog owners spoil your pets today, they deserve it!  Won’t be celebrating shapewear but I will give Paul Bunyan a salute as our high school mascot was the Loggers!

Unfortunately I think the quote is true attested by the many poor abandoned souls in nursing homes.

The meal and drink sound tasty, I’m sure that I can find one delicious meal from the ones that @dfish has provided.

I think that I may have been to today’s port but didn’t get off the ship.

Prayers for those on our prayer list today.

Cheers to those celebrating happy events.  Safe travels for @RMLincoln and bon voyage to @luvteaching!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to all.

It wasn’t until late yesterday that I realized that I never posted.  

Yesterday the SUN finally came out and we had blue skies,.  What a wonderful sight!

Today looks good too.  We had enough rain for quite a while.  I was ready to start building an Ark!

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for your dedication to this thread.  

i like the quote.

I also had a Pisco Sour in Chile.  And we do have a bottle of Pisco that we brought home.  Maybe we will open it today and try to make a sour.

Will pass on the meal 

I remember that we stopped at La Samana but did not get off the ship that day.

Yesterday I wasn’t feeling well and went to bed early. Slept 9 hours and feeling good today.

I am doing well with my new Laptop and do not miss my old IMac at all.

@Tbay  A very Happy Birthday to You

@ottahand7 A beautiful wedding photo of your niece and her husband.  Many blessings to them as they begin their life together.

Prayers to all who need them, especially Annie and Chuck, Terry and Tana. 

Hope everyone has a good day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from a partly cloudy central Texas where it is 77F with a predicted high of 95F and sunny this afternoon.  There is a 1mph breeze (?) with 87% humidity and a dew pint of 73F.  This morning, I plan to mow and trim the grass since it will be slightly warmer tomorrow morning.

Our first mini-dachshund, Brandy, was spoiled, but as the alpha female, she did not let us spoil the second dachshund.  However, after Brandy died, Nikki was spoiled.  Brandy is on the left, and even as the smaller one, she was the boss.  Even after all these years, I still miss them.

Dogs.jpg.74336bfc3c93ac7c233ae04ec88d801c.jpg

As far as shapewear goes, mine went years ago.  I'll celebrate Paul Bunyan and Babe any day.

The quote is sad, but it is true.

We'll pass on the meal, but may have salmon and cod cooked in the air fryer tonight.  DH has enjoyed Pisco sours on BHBs, but I'll pass.  We'll pass on the wine since Shiraz is the one red wine I do not like.

We have not been to today's port of Samana, even though we enjoyed two beach days in the Dominical Republic in the 1990s.

Two interesting days in history.  We enjoyed our visit to the Royal Observatory in 2009.  Interesting to honor the first person to be married while in space.

I was sorry to see all the flooding and damage from Debby in the northeast.  I hope all the Dailyites in her path are all right.

@grapau27  Good luck to the Sunderland team, Graham.  I saw on one of the news feeds yesterday, that nighttime events in Sunderland and Newcastle had been canceled because of the protests.  I hope all is calm today.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, safe travels to the Boston area today, and enjoy seeing your DH's old home area.

@ottahand7  Nancy, thanks for the picture of the lovely bridal couple.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'm glad you did not have any damage to your place due to Debby.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm glad you survived Debby without any damage or flooding.

406558344_321160500862855_8686956546206032686_n.jpg.08a97aeb683c398956283351eafef961.jpg

406631608_746619914178039_4306364265208317412_n.jpg.19ffa4ddac87c74dab79ae22bb0f2587.jpg

408300039_10223971011094520_1909698550901613002_n.jpg.2ec257b506ecb3a58c5c7539a76b5e9c.jpg

454582249_471734085773660_7475278360243933354_n.jpg.72f627501c89ac26a63a65792edd2d2e.jpg

453880118_440335302332015_9094180014159649149_n.jpg.1c74496422d90d51c24f635451e5be2d.jpg

454422021_122153183402052674_6099897189939144058_n.jpg.b56270ab35ed74d83fe361da20dd7184.jpg

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

Another chilly, damp morning in the UP.   Wind gusts to 26 today.   Thanks for starting our day off each day Rich.  I think dogs should be spoiled daily, never owned Spanx and hi to Paul Bunyan.  A true quote.   Haven't been to Samana.   Pass on the salmon, enjoyed a few Pisco sours in Peru and probably would enjoy the vino.  Thanks for researching these for us each day. 

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.   Safe travels to Boston @RMLincoln.  Prayers for Tana and Terry and for Annie and Chuck who soldier through battles each day.  Prayers for everyone else in our group who are ailing or grieving.  Prayers for Ukraine as they are taking land in Russia, for how long no one knows, the remaining hostages and the Innocents in Gaza.   

My DN was married near Jackson Hole yesterday.  It was too difficult for us to get there plus the problem of leaving plants that need water every day so we stayed home.  We see her a lot up here at the cabin and she lives nearby downstate.  Have a lovely Saturday.  Nancy 

20045.jpeg

What a beautiful photo and  a lovely background.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Wow that’s beautiful Graham!  Many thanks. It’s been many years since we’ve been on Princess and a lot has changed. We purchased too late for getting our medallions but that just takes a different line at checkin, probably not the platinum! 🤣
Our last Princess cruise was on tiny Ocean Princess, one of the old Renaissance 5, sold again.  We did a b2b Society Islands out of Tahiti then up to Hawaii, one of our many legs getting back home from Australia when DH didn’t want to fly over 5 hrs!  Trip of our life!  Wonderful memories. So blessed we can make some more!  m—

Your last Princess cruise sounded amazing Maureen.

My best wishes to you both for a fantastic cruise.

• Like 16

Good morning! Picked up our neighbors at the airport last night. They were too tired to dine with us so we drove them home then went out for Mexican dinner. Hit the spot. Woke up this morning thinking I had to get ready for church. What a treat when I came to my senses that it was Saturday. Rolled over and slept another hour.

@RMLincolnSafe travels and Bon Voyage!

@Tbay Happy Birthday!

@luvteaching Bon Voyage!

@MISTER 67  Bon Voyage!

Thanks Rich for the Fleet Report. I would have no idea where my relatives were sailing today without it.

When we were on a lengthy land and cruise trip in South America I got tired of drinking Pisco Sours and finally said just give me the Pisco Brandy without the froth and egg whites.

Have a great weekend everyone. Ours should be quiet. Steak on the grill and a fine bottle of red will be today’s highlight. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.a2a71ec5edb7d8281b61b862c582cfe8.jpegimage.jpeg.feff9d8e41edf30f07436055e9e03501.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.878f0bea176c52d75e0363b8938f3aff.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Haha 15