Things that Celebrity does not tell you…

IDL

2 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

The Spa Cafe is open for light breakfast and lunch and anyone can dine there. You do need the Premium Beverage package to get their juices and smoothies. Even though their price falls below the Classic package price limit they are not included. 

The Spa cafe food for lunch of the S class ships is soooooo good! I cannot get enough of that udon noodle salad! 😋

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Those are the standard sounds for all elevators, everywhere (land or sea). One ding for up, two dings to indicate going down. 

Have traveled to all continents other than Antarctica and never realised….

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

I like having a separate bar for the shower and sink, and if I can score an extra to take home all the better... Celebrity has really good bars of soap! haha. 

My DW really likes their soap and one of the first things she ask our cabin attendant for is extra.  Last time he gave her six bars.  Wonder how she'll make out on our next cruise. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Those are the standard sounds for all elevators, everywhere (land or sea). One ding for up, two dings to indicate going down. 

I never knew or realized this! Never too old to learn something new.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

The Spa cafe food for lunch of the S class ships is soooooo good! I cannot get enough of that udon noodle salad! 😋

My favorite also

20 hours ago, Lemorvan said:

Oh, be careful. I was suspended for a week for correcting someone else’s spelling mistake. As someone who speaks, reads and writes in four different languages I’m happy when someone corrects my spelling/grammar. I find it helpful. 

I have a friend who says she is German (American) who would never pronounce the name Riedel correctly.  I studied German for 6 years so I was always confused when she was around.  I was taught that you usually pronounce the second vowel.

We have Riedel glasses at home.  One set of red wine goblets clearly marked.  One set from a winery with their name on it that I’m pretty sure is Riedel.  I never got into the idea of a different glass for each wine.  We don’t have the space!  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Learn something new every day! 🤷‍♀️😂

• Like 1

Here's on -- the sounds you hear when you walk through the area from the elevator/stairs to the entrance to the Ensemble Loung on S-class.  Some have birds, some have bells that ding. I have not found anyone that can tell me what it's all about and whether there is any rhyme or reason behind the sounds. 

I believe the elevator sounds may be for the sight impaired.  

Here is something I learned on our last cruise (probably #16).  We like to have a drink on our balcony, however I like to have some kind of munchie with my drink.   Now I know, I can go to the Martini Bar and ask for snacks. They serve little carafes of bar mix (nuts, pretzels, etc).  You don’t have to sit there and drink you can take it away.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Always the epitome of happiness…you seem to live to bash E Class..be better. Or do they force you to sail that class against your will?  Asking for a friend. 🙂

If I have to book a cruise line or class of ship against my will it's because of the itinerary. Some of the best itineraries are on the older ships. I booked a 12 day ABC island reposition cruise on the Island Princess. That's probably one of the worst ships in their fleet. However I had to cancel due to a work conflict. I'm not a fan of the E class but for the right itinerary I would book it.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

That’s not true either, so you’re still batting a 1000.. 😆

I guess you missed the sarcasm and reiterated the distain for E Class.

Edited by Iamcruzin

22 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

The Spa Cafe is open for light breakfast and lunch and anyone can dine there. You do need the Premium Beverage package to get their juices and smoothies. Even though their price falls below the Classic package price limit they are not included. 

On my recent visit to the spa cafe on Reflection the coffee machine was out of service the whole time and I think someone in the kitchen accidentally substituted sawdust for flour in the “healthy” cookies. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Here's on -- the sounds you hear when you walk through the area from the elevator/stairs to the entrance to the Ensemble Loung on S-class.  Some have birds, some have bells that ding. I have not found anyone that can tell me what it's all about and whether there is any rhyme or reason behind the sounds. 

It’s part of the art

1 hour ago, thepoint said:

I believe the elevator sounds may be for the sight impaired.  

Here is something I learned on our last cruise (probably #16).  We like to have a drink on our balcony, however I like to have some kind of munchie with my drink.   Now I know, I can go to the Martini Bar and ask for snacks. They serve little carafes of bar mix (nuts, pretzels, etc).  You don’t have to sit there and drink you can take it away.  

The Eden bar on the Apex in June had great happy hour snacks that we did several times before dinner (meant to state that in my original post but forgot).

40 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Whos fleet, definitely not Celebrity.  

Princess. I stated that I would sail any cruise line or class ship against my will if the itinerary was what I was looking for. Princess has the worst rooms at sea in IMO if you don't sail in a suite and the Island Princess is an old ship.

1 hour ago, IDL said:

The Eden bar on the Apex in June had great happy hour snacks that we did several times before dinner (meant to state that in my original post but forgot).

My husband asked the server in one of the bars if they had any “crunchies”. He always considered the Crunch Group as a necessary component to his lunch. The server did look confused for a few seconds, but brought him a carafe of crunchies. 

Guest Services is a great place for...

1.  Stationary for notes about special crew members/turn in notes

2.  Lost and found

3.  Questions about your bill 

4.  Money exchange etc.