The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday September 9th, 2024

22 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Monday Evening Dailyites!  DH and I want to thank you so much for all the cards and notices regarding our Anniversary.  It was most appreciated, and it brought joy to both of us to know that we were loved and cared for by so many.

Today was not a good day.  DH's doctor told us the truth, that the drug he had been giving him was not working, the cancer has spread into his sinuses, is heading into the eye that he can see with (explains the constant headaches) and into the left side of his face.  They cannot do surgery on him at all. That all they can do is keep trying new drugs, but so far neither chemo, radiation or immunotherapy has cured the cancer. They are buying him time, he said that is all they can do until a new drug, a better drug can be found.  They are putting him on a new drug, that we of course cannot afford, and the doctor will apply for DH to be a test guinea pig and receive the drug for free.  That is pretty much all we can hope for now.  It is a drug that will have the same sad side effects that he got from the chemo, and I really dont know if it is possible for him to lose any more weight, last week it was down to 154.  

So we came home, and watched the Paradise as he had no appetite for lunch at all.  I did stop on the way home and we got Krispy Kreme Donuts, and coffee.  Sugar always makes him feel better.  At 4 he decided he could eat, so we went to a Thai restaurant near us for dinner.  And came home.

I did check my emails this afternoon, and the head of HR sent me an email asking if DH was planning on coming back to work.  I told her that due to his cancer and up coming bypass surgery, I had recommended that he take a "sabbatical" from work until he felt he could sit for a few hours each day  and what his future will look like after the bypass surgery.  

And I did tell DH that it was time he got honest with his family, that he was on borrowed time, and to ask for the inheritance or part of it, so that he could go do what he wanted to do.  No one really understands what he is going through.   And as the doctor told me, I was in control of the meds, and to keep up being strong and saying no when he wants more.  

This has not been a good day.  And all of you and your well wishes, made it something that we got through.

Through sickness and in health

Prayers for you both Annie. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@Quartzsite Cruiser, our fire department office manager went to my house and picked up a couple of more frequently used IPADS and I can finally log into Cruise Critic. 

If you’re willing it would still be helpful to me to send updates through you.

Roy

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

12 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser, our fire department office manager went to my house and picked up a couple of more frequently used IPADS and I can finally log into Cruise Critic. 

Roy

Roy, that would be all right with me.  I happy to be able to help anyway I can.

Tomorrow we plan to leave about 9am CDT since we need to pick up a watch at the jewelers in Fort Worth.  We have a few other errands, but should be home hopefully by 2pm.  You've done so much fot all of us, I'm glad to return the favor even if it's  abit late tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I hope it is nothing serious.  I'm glad you started antibiotics if you think it is an infection.  How would it get infected?

Right now I am willing to drive an hour and a half to go to the dentist Sue worked for.  I really don't think he would pull something shady on me since the office knows me and Sue will be along.  Back in the day I used to drive from Ohio to Michigan to see the dentist.  I went to our family friend and Sue's first boss and then to his son when he took over.  The son is now a neighbor up the street and it is his mom that we visit on a regular basis in assisted living.  Unfortunately, Kevin retired or I'd be going to him.  I feel bad for people who don't have a Sue to take with them.  It is too easy to take advantage of people and I think that is what was happening.  In addition to all that the dentist seemed like she wasn't all there.  She had either split her pants or didn't zip them up as her underwear was hanging out.  She didn't really explain anything even when I asked questions.  

Debbie, I see a second career for Sue.  She could offer her services as a dental consultant and charge a percentage of whzt she saves  lients from bogus procedures.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Good Monday Evening Dailyites!  DH and I want to thank you so much for all the cards and notices regarding our Anniversary.  It was most appreciated, and it brought joy to both of us to know that we were loved and cared for by so many.

Today was not a good day.  DH's doctor told us the truth, that the drug he had been giving him was not working, the cancer has spread into his sinuses, is heading into the eye that he can see with (explains the constant headaches) and into the left side of his face.  They cannot do surgery on him at all. That all they can do is keep trying new drugs, but so far neither chemo, radiation or immunotherapy has cured the cancer. They are buying him time, he said that is all they can do until a new drug, a better drug can be found.  They are putting him on a new drug, that we of course cannot afford, and the doctor will apply for DH to be a test guinea pig and receive the drug for free.  That is pretty much all we can hope for now.  It is a drug that will have the same sad side effects that he got from the chemo, and I really dont know if it is possible for him to lose any more weight, last week it was down to 154.  

So we came home, and watched the Paradise as he had no appetite for lunch at all.  I did stop on the way home and we got Krispy Kreme Donuts, and coffee.  Sugar always makes him feel better.  At 4 he decided he could eat, so we went to a Thai restaurant near us for dinner.  And came home.

I did check my emails this afternoon, and the head of HR sent me an email asking if DH was planning on coming back to work.  I told her that due to his cancer and up coming bypass surgery, I had recommended that he take a "sabbatical" from work until he felt he could sit for a few hours each day  and what his future will look like after the bypass surgery.  

And I did tell DH that it was time he got honest with his family, that he was on borrowed time, and to ask for the inheritance or part of it, so that he could go do what he wanted to do.  No one really understands what he is going through.   And as the doctor told me, I was in control of the meds, and to keep up being strong and saying no when he wants more.  

This has not been a good day.  And all of you and your well wishes, made it something that we got through.

Annie, I wish there was more that I could do for both of you besides saying how sorry I am about this latest news, and that I'm here both of you in whatever way I can be from su h a distance.  You have proven to be a strong person even if it doesn't seem so to you.  Remember you have a strong, caring family inThe Daily behind you and Chuck.  ((((((HUGS!)))))

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good evening all. I was going to vent about the letter that I received today from Hershey Medical Center telling me I have an appointment next week that they just decided to schedule without my knowledge. This is for Wednesday with the new neurologist. I already have an appointment scheduled for Friday for Botox . I’m not driving to Hershey twice in one week. This is not the first time they have scheduled me without my knowledge. My issue seems trivial in the face of Annie and Chuck’s struggles.

@marshhawkAnnie let the fur babies give comfort to you . Try to stay strong and know we are all here for you. 🙏❤️🐾

Have a  peaceful night.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy, it is so good to see  you post!   Sending healing thoughts and warm fuzzies your way.

@marshhawk Annie, I don't know what to say except I am sending hugs to both you and Chuck.  I know you will find the right course of action that gives Chuck the most peace and quality of time that he deserves.  Keeping you both close in my heart.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I will let Sue know about her new career.   If she would renew her license she could make enough working one day a week to pay for all of our cruises.  

• Like 17

@1ANGELCATTwo of the fur babies are with Chuck right now, but Turnip finds me tasty and has been munching on me all evening.  I must secretly wear eau de catnip.

@dfishI think your dentist was wacky.  Underwear showing?  I saw a crazy naked lady today when we were heading downtown, except that she had the decency to wrap a back garbage bag around her crotch.  To be a professional and appear with undies showing is disgraceful.  To say you need a deep clean, is money in their pocket. I drive an hour to see my dentist, because he cares, and works with me on payments, and when I die, i think he will get a third of the value of the house.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 13
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dfish said:

Roy, it is so good to see  you post!   Sending healing thoughts and warm fuzzies your way.

@marshhawk Annie, I don't know what to say except I am sending hugs to both you and Chuck.  I know you will find the right course of action that gives Chuck the most peace and quality of time that he deserves.  Keeping you both close in my heart.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I will let Sue know about her new career.   If she would renew her license she could make enough working one day a week to pay for all of our cruises.  

That idea was behind my suggestion.  OTOH, you bould be her agent and earn a percentage ofvher fees.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

@marshhawk  thank you for posting the update of Chuck's condition, sorry that you had to learn this on your anniversary.  Am sure the fur babies will be of comfort ......they always  seem to know when their humans are suffering..

Sending  hugs to you. Kia Kaha.

@rafinmd  Roy, pleased to see your post, hope that you continue to make good progress.

@ger_77   do you have any update on the conditions of the Burns victims?

• Like 15

@marshhawk  I am so very sorry to hear your news. Prayers for strength and comfort for you both! 

@rafinmd thanks for popping in, wishing and praying for all the best! 

@kazu  lots of gentle hugs!  

@Seasick Sailorhope to hear things went as well as possible.  

lots of angels on here!    @Quartzsite Cruiser

• Like 13

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

🙏🙏🙏

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, bennybear said:

@marshhawk  I am so very sorry to hear your news. Prayers for strength and comfort for you both! 

@rafinmd thanks for popping in, wishing and praying for all the best! 

@kazu  lots of gentle hugs!  

@Seasick Sailorhope to hear things went as well as possible.  

lots of angels on here!    @Quartzsite Cruiser

Yes, there are which makes this the best place to be.

Lenda

• Like 11

@marshhawk Annie, thank you for the trust you put in us updating us on Chuck’s condition. None of us know what tomorrow might bring!  

When I hit the lows I focus on What’s good right now?  I usually start the list with being safe, loved, within reach of care….  it doesn’t make the bad stuff go away but it helps me deal with it from a place of gratitude. Sending blessings for you and Chuck to get through tonight, then tomorrow. Glad the fur babies are with you… 
Gentle hugs to you both! m—

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Your CC family is glad to hear from you. 🙏🙏🙏 for healing. B.

• Like 16

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Prayers 🙏 for you both Annie.

God bless.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Sending you our best wishes for your recovery Roy @rafinmd.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1