The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday September 14th, 2024

Happy Saturday!  There is a big football game in Madison today.  The Badgers are playing Alabama.  Our local news station is there broadcasting now.  Looks like a big pre game party is going on!  One of our former high school players is one of the big players on the team!  He's been on the news a few times this week!  Our neighbor is a Pharmacy alumni member.  He said he's the oldest member of the group.  He's in the middle of his chemo treatments, so can't go today.  Today is a "big" class reunion for me, we're going with a friend that I still see often.  We went to grade school together also, and our dads grew up together!  We have a long history.  I don't think I'll know many other classmates there tonite.  

Thanks for all of the caring and sharing.  The port pics look nice.  I think I'm saving the 3rd recipe today, might add some chicken to it.  We still have a few tomatoes turning red, may use them in the recipe.  Thanks @dfish

@rafinmdpraying today goes well for you

@JazzyVthanks for keeping the list here, even though you aren't feeling well.  Get well soon!!  

@StLouisCruisersHave a great day at the wedding celebration today! 

@ellbelleMy sister put the NYTimes game app on my phone.  I'm no good at any of them!  I guess I need to try harder! 😜

Have a good day, K

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Thank you Sandi for hosting today's daily reports while getting ready for your DGD Ashleys wedding.

Sober day should be every day for everyones good health.

I will pass on today's food and drink.

I had a drive thru breakfast at the beach while Pauline was at the hairdresser's.

I hope everyone is safe and well and prayers 🙏 for those who aren't.

Best wishes for a wonderful weekend.

IMG_20240914_093931.jpg

Makes me hungry! Maybe I should go back to my favorite view with my favorite sausage McMuffin! Let’s vote. Who has the best view!

IMG_2137.thumb.jpeg.f1c24aeb8bdec0008ba197bcc3b976c1.jpeg

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 5
  • Haha 17

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

There are several variations of this drink.  Many different ingredients.  This is the one I chose.

Clavis Riga cocktail:

Step into a world of mystery and intrigue with the Clavis Riga cocktail. This deliciously complex drink is inspired by the secrets and hidden gems of the historic city of Riga, Latvia. The cocktail features a blend of gin, elderflower liqueur, and lime juice, with a touch of aromatic bitters and absinthe. The result is a unique and well-balanced cocktail with a hint of herbal complexity and a slightly bitter finish. Whether you're looking to explore new flavors or simply enjoy a sophisticated drink, the Clavis Riga is a must-try cocktail that will transport you to the cobbled streets and enchanting architecture of this historic city.
Ingredients:
1/2 oz. lime juice
2 dashes angostura bitters
2 oz. gin
1 tsp. absinthe
1 oz. elderflower liqueur
Directions:
In a shaker filled with ice, add the gin, elderflower liqueur, lime juice, and bitters. Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds to chill the ingredients.
Strain the mixture into a chilled glass filled with ice then float the absinthe on top of the cocktail by pouring it over the back of a spoon and garnish it with a lime twist(optional).

Screenshot 2024-09-14 at 7.14.17 AM.png

Never too late!  No comment on this drink since I don’t speak Latvian! 😀

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

Lots of fun at Farkle last night.  DB Jeff's Reuben sandwiches were out of this world good.  I did manage to win one game of Farkle.  DB Bill won a game and DSIL, sometimes known as Mrs. Unlucky, won a game.  Usually Mrs. Unlucky's dice don't cooperate.  

We have an early start today for River's game.  I want to get a lap around the block in before we go.  

@StLouisCruisers Glad you made it safely and that all is falling into place nicely for DGD's wedding.  I'm sure the bride will be beautiful!

Today's meal is more of a salad in the first recipe.  It would make a great side dish, but you could add a protein of your choice to make it a main dish.   Cherry Tomato Penne Pasta Caprese

cherrytomatopennepastacaprese1.thumb.jpg.dd42dc6455f58b189094a6c0e6c36d44.jpg

This next one looks like more of a warm dish than a salad like the first recipe.  Simple Caprese Penne Pasta

cherrytomatopennepastacaprese2.thumb.png.ea5efe01dffd21c073e3924037346c1a.png

The evolution continues and this one is more of a casserole.  Caprese Penne

cherrytomatopennepastacaprese3.thumb.jpg.f677e61fbd7be7baf98d492a2d1da30e.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

I won’t be over for dinner; not my favorite. 😩

• Like 10

Good morning everyone. My husband, Sam, has entered hospice at home. He has a lot of pain and we’re hoping they can relieve it. I can’t even tell you how I feel because I don’t know. He’s suffered since 2021 when he had 2 strokes. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 33

Good morning from a mostly sunny with some clouds central Texas.  Since I'll be mowing and trimming the grass this morning, I'm hoping for a few more clouds until I finish.  Then the sun can come out fully.  It is 76F with a 4mph breeze from the SSE with 82% humidity and a dew point of 70F.  The predicted high is 96F this afternoon.  I slept later than I normally do on yard work day, so I better get moving.

This evening. we'll be watching the Texas Longhorns play a team they've never played before, the UT San Antonio Roadrunners.  HOOKEM HORNS! 🤘

Besides regular donuts, I like the ones with chocolate icing and occasionally cream filled ones.  Even though I enjoy wine with dinner, I prefer to stay relatively sober.  Hats off the the US Marshals Service.

Today's quote is true, and it is sometimes necessary.

We'll pass on the meal and drink.  DH might like the wine.

We visited Roatan in either 1989 or 1990 on a combination cruise ship-dive boat.  It was an very old NCL ship that had been converted to a ferry; then, turned into a dive boat.  Ten smaller boats were stored in what had been the car deck.  Nine of the boats were for divers and the tenth was used by the snorkelers.  Needless to say, this was in the pre-digital age and before Carnival discovered the island.

I can't imagine what it was like in 1752 when the Gregorian Calendar was adopted.

The first IBM computer to use a magnetic disk was a step forward in computing.  I'm sure it was housed in a large room with a very large air conditioning system.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm glad you made it safely to Cincinnati.  Enjoy the wedding today, and great news the weather is cooperating.  Thank you for the pictures from Roatan.

@luvteaching  Welcome home, Karen.  I hope you are returning with another cruising recruit.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I hope you had a good night's sleep and your leg is better today.

@Debbie  Congratulations on your Farkle win, Debbie, and congratulations also to Mrs. Unlucky.  Enjoy your day with River.

@doobieb  Debbie, your flowers are pretty.  I'd not heard of moon flowers before; so, I learned something today.

@ottahand7 Safe travels today, Nancy and John.

@mamaofami  Carol, I was sorry to read your post that Sam is now in hospice.  I hope they can make him comfortable, and that he finds peace.  Please take care of yourself, and thank you for letting us know what is happening.  HUGS!

365247261_780130040780079_1673258629730308316_n.jpg.5233ef0f3920f236efbb48e9ddd3e880.jpg

361581483_10159669971718697_6795813701158010665_n.jpg.67b47e356424c411daedc5afd260084a.jpg

404977788_918649273594938_3803065030326438540_n.jpg.58ba7facc808caf50df438ff1ddbd41a.jpg

429823508_10233488170732072_6512975507996744751_n.jpg.9c88cee40d91c2ac9613eab622747f8e.jpg

406411800_335183945880888_6540592949630889930_n.jpg.1c130c028165e7533b9b099463be7e1a.jpg

438304852_10225763534855738_949888092131882833_n.jpg.aa6fb1f43cd436de025f99f7f71ed3e0.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 18
  • Haha 16

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors!

As far as the quote of the day that nothing in the universe from letting go and starting over: what about an asteroid! Oh, just apply Preparation H to let go and start over! 😳

• Like 12

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I haven't had a cream (kreme) filled donut in ages, much preferring the plain raised (not cake) type.  A sober day is a safe day - when it comes to wine, I'm usually a 1(glass) and done kind of person.  Saluting the US Marshals and all they do.

Well the rains have stopped and we're back to clear blue skies and sunshine again - yay!  Since we came back from our friend's lake a few weeks ago, DH has been working on a bird house that looks similar to their old cabin that has been demolished and replaced by a brand new one.  Yesterday he completed the process and today we'll take photos of it for our memory book.  Not sure when we'll get it to their lake (it's almost 4 hours away), but it'll be ready if they have to come to the city for medical appointments this fall or winter.  He did a great job of it and if I remember, will try to post a photo later.

@StLouisCruisershave a wonderful day today and enjoy the wedding with all the family members in attendance.

@mamaofamiI'm sorry to hear Sam is so unwell; prayers for comfort and pain relief for him, and strength for you.

@dfishenjoy River's game today.

Not a lot on the agenda today, just getting the house ready for company.  DH's lifelong friend from university days and his DW will be coming to stay for a couple of days on Monday.  It's wonderful how their friendship has been maintained for more than 60 years.  He married later in life - in fact the reason they're coming this way from B.C. is to celebrate their 20th anniversary.  

I'm going to pass on the drink - I've had absinthe and don't care for the taste.  I'd like the wine, and think the 3rd recipe would make a great meal on a cold day.  I've got a ton of tomatoes from our neighbour, so we'll be having a Greek salad along with air fried chicken breasts and garlic roast potatoes on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. My husband, Sam, has entered hospice at home. He has a lot of pain and we’re hoping they can relieve it. I can’t even tell you how I feel because I don’t know. He’s suffered since 2021 when he had 2 strokes. 

I am sorry to hear this. I hope he can be made comfortable. Sending you hugs and best wishes to him.

Susan

• Like 21

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Hopefully the wonderful hospice people can get Sam's pain under control, and provide support to you both during this difficult time. Hugs to you both.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 20

Good morning. Sunny and dry here and brisk... at 9:15 the temperature is 47. Hate to think what it was when dogs and I went out at 6:30. I know it was very dark. We are expecting rain probably starting tomorrow evening. I am going to turn the sprinklers off again in anticipation.

Little news from here, which is probably a good thing. The apple crop in town was very good this year and the bears are evidently having a great time. One of them took down a very high wooden fence about a block from me last night .... that house has 3 lovely apple trees. We have a crew of gleamers out helping pick both from the trees and from the fallen apples, but they can only do so much. I am told by our wildlife people that the food in the High Country is pretty sparse, so we can expect plenty of bear activity in town until mid-November. I am watching our dumpster closely since some people don't latch it properly. So far so good and we have only seen the sow and her cub the one time. Deer hunting season is upon us and as usual the hill next to me and my yard have a lot of deer activity ... a couple with lovely big racks. Never know who will be out and about when the dogs and I walk. Walking 2 dogs, juggling leashes, a "necessity" bag and a flash light is almost more than I can handle. Fortunately the dogs do not want to chase anything.

Susan

• Like 23

Good morning, Dailyites!  I'm sorry to hear about @mamaofami's DH with in-home hospice - but they are wonderful and hopefully will help him.  

After I said it was a nice day here yesterday, it started to rain!  But we needed it.  Today was very foggy when I got up, you could almost hear the moss on the old oaks saying "Yay!" as they turned green, after such a dry summer.  More rain is due today.  

Hope Roy is doing well at rehab, I'm sure they want him to be well able to care for himself at home.  Roy, do you have one of those buttons you can wear to call for help?  I seem to remember the subject was discussed a long time ago.

Yesterday, I saw this at the bookstore, and thought of Annie:

IMG_5376.thumb.jpeg.7609563afe90b12324f789bc62e3a5aa.jpeg

Timmie's has a donut called "Boston Cream Donut" that is delicious, but must be 1,000 calories.  And I like a Caprese salad, not sure I'd want pasta with it!  We haven't been to the port of the day.

• Like 27

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like a donut that's not filled, so someone else can have the kreme ones. Being sober is especially important for driving. I'll salute the US Marshalls service. Interesting quote. Maybe for the meal, pass on the drink, and wine. I haven't been to Roatan. 2 good days in history.

Another nice day here. It's already 77F and sunny. Big goings on in one part of town, with a baseball game, then Pitt vs WVU football. I slept pretty well, but couldn't fall back asleep after posting the Cares List. I think the swelling has gone down a bit in the left leg. It was so tight that I could hardly bend my knee. So maybe the elevation and ace wrap helped. It's still quite sensitive to touch. I tried to put my compression stocking on it this morning, but no go due to pain. When I accidentally brush against something, ouch! My PCP is doing hospital rounds next week, but will make time to come back to the office to see me. BFF came over yesterday to watch more LOTR. And he kindly picked up prescriptions for me at the pharmacy. And (drumroll) much of the unsteadiness and lightheadedness has gone! I hope it's shortly totally gone.

@luvteaching Welcome home!

@StLouisCruisers Enjoy the wedding of Ashley and Christopher! I'm glad the weather is cooperating. Great Roatan photos.

@doobieb The moonflowers are beautiful.

@RMLincoln Yes ma'am. 🙂

@ellbelle That's very kind of you to take your DD's MIL out shopping. 

@GTVCRUISER Nice photo.

@quilty964 Enjoy the class reunion! 

@mamaofami I'm sorry to hear that Sam is in pain; I hope home hospice can help him find relief. I've known some hospice workers and they are great people. Prayers for you both. 

@kazu Thinking of you.

@rafinmd I hope things are going along nicely at rehab.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Good morning. Our first seven days here have been wonderful. We had a delicious meatloaf, mashed potato and green peas dinner followed by the pineapple upside down cake. We ate outside on our lanai while enjoying a golden sunset.

It’s a big turnover day so we’ll see a lot of new faces around the complex.

@mamaofamiSorry to hear about your Sam. Strength and prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.

Dawn is breaking so it’s time for some Kauai coffee. Have a good weekend and thanks for the reports and post. B.

image.thumb.jpeg.905c9f7d4763e8a0ac0e744a069e4a69.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1c49b0eed2947dee5629d8e337762883.jpegimage.jpeg.958488e20d58c9b9b0cdde18cb36c855.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e37c78584376bd7e38e78dcac55d57e8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.01b54efa03a445e50e69a6495534b1f9.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Haha 14

Good morning all!

I don't have donuts often, but when I do I love cream-filled (or jelly-filled).  I salute US Marshals and sober day. Good quote, have not been to the Honduras.  I can't decide between the 2nd and 3rd recipes so printed them both 😉  Tomorrow I'll make one of them!  Will pass on the drink but probably would like the wine.

The rain has arrived for the weekend, I'm glad I got the deck stained and even the outdoor bench well before it started.  Today will be a good day to stay inside and catch up on some of the Call the Midwife shows I've gotten behind on. Love that show!  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers Enjoy the wedding and family time!

Debbie @doobieb Lovely flowers, thank you for sharing.

Carol @mamaofami I was sorry to hear that Sam is in-home hospice.  Prayers he can be made comfortable.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Hello to everyone.  Happy Saturday from another rainy day in Bluffton, SC.

Thank you to Sandi, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie and Ann.

I am a bit embarassed for not posting yesterday when so many of you with problems bigger than mine make the effort.

Reality is that I have not been able to sleep for a number of nights and I was just wiped out yesterday.  Last night I finally just conked out and slept for 9 hours..  And I could go back and sleep more now.

@JazzyV Vanessa, I am glad you are home from the hospital and hopefully doing well.

i hope we hear from Roy @rafinmd and that he is progressing well at the Rehad facility.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers Thank you for stepping up and taking the rein for the Daily.  I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding.

@mamaofami Carol, I am so sorry to hear that Sam is now in Hospice.  There are no words!  Be assured of inclusion in my daily prayers.  Try to make some time for yourself.  I know it is hard.  But you will glad you did.

Terry @smitty34877 you and Tana and your family are always in my prayers

Prayers for everyone posting on the Daily;

Cheers for those celebrating and cruising.  

Have a wonderful day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

@mamaofami What a hard decision you have made about Hospice, and how wonderful in many ways. I bet everyone on The Daily who has had the support of Hospice in their family is feeling a sense of goodness for you. I know that I am.

I expect that you now have enhanced spiritual, emotional, and medical support for Sam. And for yourself. God bless you both.

Debbie

• Like 24

3 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Hugs 🫂 🤗 and prayers 🙏 you, Sam, and the family. I hope hospice will be able to help relieve his pain.

• Like 18

Feb 10, 2016 is most recent time I was at today's port. My lifelong BFF from 7th grade & my sister joined me on Princess for my b-day. We went ziplining!!

The place we went is still operating; some of these pictures are theirs as mine are on my computer. 

Screenshot_20240914_112202_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f96214a5e82d8cc753798503315a460d.jpg

The day started drizzly and eventually turned to full on rain. We still had a great time. It was the first time for all 3 of us; BFF & I enjoyed it so much we signed up for a more advanced run after ours ended, but it was raining 🌧 so hard, it got canceled. Sister chickened out after 2 lines (there are 11 lines & 13 platforms) so they provided her a guide to finish tandem. She got quite a show & adventure as he did tricks the whole time. She was really a captive audience, lol, as the only ways out are on the lines or walking in through the jungle.

BFF enjoying the ride.

Screenshot_20240914_110554_Gallery.thumb.jpg.0c5e3438ab0403ff23c542afcd5f0cda.jpg

These pictures are from the tour operator. The sign provides a little info about the first line.

Screenshot_20240914_111030_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d0c640c1eb2039708909189647f1d11c.jpg

First platform - last chance to turn back.

Screenshot_20240914_111947_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5bb171614f1cc5afc7af9f8df2a3d58a.jpg

Screenshot_20240914_112019_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e25ee9796b20c28c2ca95d17bc2352ff.jpg

Tandem tricks. This is not my sister, but is how she rode for 9 of the lines. What a great view of the water.

Screenshot_20240914_112227_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4b99cf64d6ea67ba8a7857384c3a318e.jpg

Screenshot_20240914_113228_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a5e80320cf50c11e0f3b08eaff6a9ce3.jpg

One of the 13 platforms - see how they really are in the jungle.

Screenshot_20240914_111355_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f882b6f0e5c5af9f2712806bcae86939.jpg

Screenshot_20240914_111827_Chrome.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Good morning and thanks all! 
We’ve enjoyed the wonderful snorkelling in Roatan,   It was quite undeveloped when we visited so no photos. 

@mamaofami I’m sorry to hear your news but glad that you can get the help needed at home for Sam. 

We love Malasadas which our Portuguese filled donuts that are found in Hawaii.  Love the guava and lillikoi flavours,  

@doobieb beautiful flowers!  brave to get all those shots together.   I’m trying to space mine all out. 

@ellbelle those games are fun,  great you use the same words.  Now I’ll have to see how I do 😁

To those on the Hawaii cruise I highly recommend a visit to Paradise Bakery,  across the street from Target  in the International marketplace! 
image.thumb.png.3d966a066d7636e97a3b858769592c1b.png

IMG_2649.png

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

The latest update from Roy came in a little more than an hour ago, but I wasn't able to see it until just now.

Saturday’s rehab was a total of 3 hours all in the morning, after a pretty decent night.

The Speech Therapist mostly worked through problem solving scenarios and I got through them pretty quickly.  She also took me through an exercise to try to get a little better breathing effectiveness from my lungs.

I had an hour break until 10 before going over to the gyms, starting with occupational therapy, where I made an imaginary breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast while using the walker, then washing the dishes.  The rest of that hour was working with small dumbbells.

I had some control over the time in physical therapy.  When I told the therapist I had a rollator and came at home but no walker we tried all 3 modes of support.  I was almost as stable with the rollator as the walker but not quite ready to move completely independently.  The cane was not a disaster but nowhere near ready for real effectiveness.  All in all I thought it a productive day.

I have all day off tomorrow.  My confidence is much better than when I left the hospital.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 21

@StLouisCruisers Happy to hear you made it safely; look forward to seeing wedding pictures. Enjoy!!

@doobieb nice flowers. We had moon flowers at our FW house, but I didn't know they glow. I probably should have spent more time outside at night 🫣

@ger_77 I bet the "copy cat" house is nice - look forward to seeing a picture. I'm sure your friends will appreciate and cherish it.

Nationwide wants copies of ALL vet visits for the cat going back to 2021. It's policy renewal time, so I think they're looking to drop him.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon from a hot, 96F that feels like 103F, central Texas.  It was a hot morning doing the yard work, but I got it done in just under two hours.  With the lack of rain, part of the unsodded yard did not need mowing.  No matter how much or how little it rains, the crab grass still grows.  It has adapted to Texas quite well, but at least it is green.  It took me a while to cool off enough to be able to shower and get back to The Daily.  Our predicted high is now 98F, so summer is still hanging around Texas.  I got my wish for more clouds, but only after I had finished the yard -- naturally.

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I haven't had a cream (kreme) filled donut in ages, much preferring the plain raised (not cake) type.  A sober day is a safe day - when it comes to wine, I'm usually a 1(glass) and done kind of person.  Saluting the US Marshals and all they do.

Well the rains have stopped and we're back to clear blue skies and sunshine again - yay!  Since we came back from our friend's lake a few weeks ago, DH has been working on a bird house that looks similar to their old cabin that has been demolished and replaced by a brand new one.  Yesterday he completed the process and today we'll take photos of it for our memory book.  Not sure when we'll get it to their lake (it's almost 4 hours away), but it'll be ready if they have to come to the city for medical appointments this fall or winter.  He did a great job of it and if I remember, will try to post a photo later.

@StLouisCruisershave a wonderful day today and enjoy the wedding with all the family members in attendance.

@mamaofamiI'm sorry to hear Sam is so unwell; prayers for comfort and pain relief for him, and strength for you.

@dfishenjoy River's game today.

Not a lot on the agenda today, just getting the house ready for company.  DH's lifelong friend from university days and his DW will be coming to stay for a couple of days on Monday.  It's wonderful how their friendship has been maintained for more than 60 years.  He married later in life - in fact the reason they're coming this way from B.C. is to celebrate their 20th anniversary.  

I'm going to pass on the drink - I've had absinthe and don't care for the taste.  I'd like the wine, and think the 3rd recipe would make a great meal on a cold day.  I've got a ton of tomatoes from our neighbour, so we'll be having a Greek salad along with air fried chicken breasts and garlic roast potatoes on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I'm glad your DH felt well enough to create a birdhouse for your friends.  I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the completed project.

2 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Good morning. Sunny and dry here and brisk... at 9:15 the temperature is 47. Hate to think what it was when dogs and I went out at 6:30. I know it was very dark. We are expecting rain probably starting tomorrow evening. I am going to turn the sprinklers off again in anticipation.

Little news from here, which is probably a good thing. The apple crop in town was very good this year and the bears are evidently having a great time. One of them took down a very high wooden fence about a block from me last night .... that house has 3 lovely apple trees. We have a crew of gleamers out helping pick both from the trees and from the fallen apples, but they can only do so much. I am told by our wildlife people that the food in the High Country is pretty sparse, so we can expect plenty of bear activity in town until mid-November. I am watching our dumpster closely since some people don't latch it properly. So far so good and we have only seen the sow and her cub the one time. Deer hunting season is upon us and as usual the hill next to me and my yard have a lot of deer activity ... a couple with lovely big racks. Never know who will be out and about when the dogs and I walk. Walking 2 dogs, juggling leashes, a "necessity" bag and a flash light is almost more than I can handle. Fortunately the dogs do not want to chase anything.

Susan

Susan, I'm glad you have not had another bear encounter, but what a mess for your neighbors with the broken fence.  For those early morning walks, have you considered a light that you can strap around your head?  It would be one less thing to have to carry.

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites!  I'm sorry to hear about @mamaofami's DH with in-home hospice - but they are wonderful and hopefully will help him.  

After I said it was a nice day here yesterday, it started to rain!  But we needed it.  Today was very foggy when I got up, you could almost hear the moss on the old oaks saying "Yay!" as they turned green, after such a dry summer.  More rain is due today.  

Hope Roy is doing well at rehab, I'm sure they want him to be well able to care for himself at home.  Roy, do you have one of those buttons you can wear to call for help?  I seem to remember the subject was discussed a long time ago.

Yesterday, I saw this at the bookstore, and thought of Annie:

IMG_5376.thumb.jpeg.7609563afe90b12324f789bc62e3a5aa.jpeg

Timmie's has a donut called "Boston Cream Donut" that is delicious, but must be 1,000 calories.  And I like a Caprese salad, not sure I'd want pasta with it!  We haven't been to the port of the day.

Ann, that book is perfect for Annie @marshhawk and Chuck @catmando.  I used to love the Boston cream donuts from Dunkin Donuts when we lived in New Jersey.  We don't have any close to us.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like a donut that's not filled, so someone else can have the kreme ones. Being sober is especially important for driving. I'll salute the US Marshalls service. Interesting quote. Maybe for the meal, pass on the drink, and wine. I haven't been to Roatan. 2 good days in history.

Another nice day here. It's already 77F and sunny. Big goings on in one part of town, with a baseball game, then Pitt vs WVU football. I slept pretty well, but couldn't fall back asleep after posting the Cares List. I think the swelling has gone down a bit in the left leg. It was so tight that I could hardly bend my knee. So maybe the elevation and ace wrap helped. It's still quite sensitive to touch. I tried to put my compression stocking on it this morning, but no go due to pain. When I accidentally brush against something, ouch! My PCP is doing hospital rounds next week, but will make time to come back to the office to see me. BFF came over yesterday to watch more LOTR. And he kindly picked up prescriptions for me at the pharmacy. And (drumroll) much of the unsteadiness and lightheadedness has gone! I hope it's shortly totally gone.

@luvteaching Welcome home!

@StLouisCruisers Enjoy the wedding of Ashley and Christopher! I'm glad the weather is cooperating. Great Roatan photos.

@doobieb The moonflowers are beautiful.

@RMLincoln Yes ma'am. 🙂

@ellbelle That's very kind of you to take your DD's MIL out shopping. 

@GTVCRUISER Nice photo.

@quilty964 Enjoy the class reunion! 

@mamaofami I'm sorry to hear that Sam is in pain; I hope home hospice can help him find relief. I've known some hospice workers and they are great people. Prayers for you both. 

@kazu Thinking of you.

@rafinmd I hope things are going along nicely at rehab.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm glad you slept well, but sorry your couldn't get back to sleep this morning.   It's good news that your leg is improving, but I wish, like you, that the improvement would be quicker.

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Sun is rising in Kauai.

image.thumb.jpeg.8be7279f6d9c77426b6b708e93ae65ae.jpeg

Bruce, thanks for the wonderful sunset and sun rise pictures.

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hello to everyone.  Happy Saturday from another rainy day in Bluffton, SC.

Thank you to Sandi, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie and Ann.

I am a bit embarassed for not posting yesterday when so many of you with problems bigger than mine make the effort.

Reality is that I have not been able to sleep for a number of nights and I was just wiped out yesterday.  Last night I finally just conked out and slept for 9 hours..  And I could go back and sleep more now.

@JazzyV Vanessa, I am glad you are home from the hospital and hopefully doing well.

i hope we hear from Roy @rafinmd and that he is progressing well at the Rehad facility.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers Thank you for stepping up and taking the rein for the Daily.  I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding.

@mamaofami Carol, I am so sorry to hear that Sam is now in Hospice.  There are no words!  Be assured of inclusion in my daily prayers.  Try to make some time for yourself.  I know it is hard.  But you will glad you did.

Terry @smitty34877 you and Tana and your family are always in my prayers

Prayers for everyone posting on the Daily;

Cheers for those celebrating and cruising.  

Have a wonderful day.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm glad you finally got a good night's sleep last night.  I hope that trend continues.

32 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Feb 10, 2016 is most recent time I was at today's port. My lifelong BFF from 7th grade & my sister joined me on Princess for my b-day. We went ziplining!!

The place we went is still operating; some of these pictures are theirs as mine are on my computer. 

Screenshot_20240914_112202_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f96214a5e82d8cc753798503315a460d.jpg

The day started drizzly and eventually turned to full on rain. We still had a great time. It was the first time for all 3 of us; BFF & I enjoyed it so much we signed up for a more advanced run after ours ended, but it was raining 🌧 so hard, it got canceled. Sister chickened out after 2 lines (there are 11 lines & 13 platforms) so they provided her a guide to finish tandem. She got quite a show & adventure as he did tricks the whole time. She was really a captive audience, lol, as the only ways out are on the lines or walking in through the jungle.

BFF enjoying the ride.

Screenshot_20240914_110554_Gallery.thumb.jpg.0c5e3438ab0403ff23c542afcd5f0cda.jpg

These pictures are from the tour operator. The sign provides a little info about the first line.

Screenshot_20240914_111030_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d0c640c1eb2039708909189647f1d11c.jpg

First platform - last chance to turn back.

Screenshot_20240914_111947_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5bb171614f1cc5afc7af9f8df2a3d58a.jpg

Screenshot_20240914_112019_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e25ee9796b20c28c2ca95d17bc2352ff.jpg

Tandem tricks. This is not my sister, but is how she rode for 9 of the lines. What a great view of the water.

Screenshot_20240914_112227_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4b99cf64d6ea67ba8a7857384c3a318e.jpg

Screenshot_20240914_113228_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a5e80320cf50c11e0f3b08eaff6a9ce3.jpg

One of the 13 platforms - see how they really are in the jungle.

Screenshot_20240914_111355_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f882b6f0e5c5af9f2712806bcae86939.jpg

Screenshot_20240914_111827_Chrome.jpg

Elizabeth, thank you for the pictures of the zip line.  I'm pretty sure I will pass on the opportunity if we ever get back to Roatan.

8 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

@StLouisCruisers Happy to hear you made it safely; look forward to seeing wedding pictures. Enjoy!!

@doobieb nice flowers. We had moon flowers at our FW house, but I didn't know they glow. I probably should have spent more time outside at night 🫣

@ger_77 I bet the "copy cat" house is nice - look forward to seeing a picture. I'm sure your friends will appreciate and cherish it.

Nationwide wants copies of ALL vet visits for the cat going back to 2021. It's policy renewal time, so I think they're looking to drop him.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

I hope they renew the insurance for the cat.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4