The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday October 5th, 2024

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  Today is sunny, and I have no idea what the temps will be here.  Warm I suppose.  

I have always wanted to go to Bimini.  This is the island that Ernest Hemingway would do a lot of his deep sea fishing from.  It is a relatively new port for cruise ships, and I have read mixed reviews.  Mostly due to the amount of garbage getting off the ships, (passengers with plastic)and the islanders non urge to clean the garbage up.  

@aliaschiefSloppy Joes (either a jersey sloppy joe) or a ground beef with tasty sauce are one of my favorite foods.  @dfish Thank you for the recipes, I probably would use your idea of sausage and cheese, but I am not that much into cooking in the mornings, thinking they would be great for an afternoon snack.  I hate hot, but 64 degrees does sound cool.The only upside is when it is cold you can put heavier/more clothes on.  When you run hot, there is only so much you can take off.  

Plans for today, get dressed, get breakfast, get paint for the bathroom,  do grocery shopping, BUY CAT FOOD!   Sand the wall where the mirror fell off, spackle that area, clean the walls, and most important, get DH up and out this morning.

6210a236b36e905ae96f28656bc4da4b.jpg

another-wild-saturday-night-meme.jpg

• Like 29
  • Haha 7

It’s sunny and 50s, up to 73 today, perfect!
I’ve been in a funk but that’s not what getting funky means…. 
 And I’ve had 2nights of better sleep, not great but better. Woke from a nightmare early this morning. I think my brain is processing a lot in my subconscious. 

Update on nephew/wife in Canton NC, mtns west of Asheville: they got power restored yesterday! 1week. Many thanks to all the line workers!  Still no phone, and cell is text only. I’m guessing they’re on temporary cell towers with low power. He got to work, was sent home until they could organize restoration projects, but it seems he still has a job. No word on her job, she teaches at the community college in Asheville.. it might be a long time yet. They had propane and were able to haul water from the stream, use it for flushing and boiled it for drinking. (We had a deep well in NM, got a big generator-240v-  to power it because a week is a long time without water! Especially in fire season.) 

Very happy Terri had something good happen!  👏

Sad to hear about the flooding problems in NZ. When @erewhon wrote that many roads are closed my first thought was that there aren’t that many roads, so no alternative routes!  Many will be isolated. I’m glad the military are helping. And very glad to hear you are both ok!  I know you’ll take great care of each other, as always!

Cheers for all the improvements!  
Blessings to all in need! 

Counting down with @Denise T! So happy for you!  I understand about how different sisters can be. I think it’s great you get to cruise with yours!  
Stay well and safe everyone. 
Maureen 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

Thanks to all who contribute to this thread.  Amazing all the people who are present here each day.  I started reading at the beginning of the pandemic interested in how folks who were on ships were getting home.  Now a visit here is a part of my morning routine.

+1

• Like 22

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I like chic spies like Roger Moore and Sean Connery, although Pierce Brosnan was pretty chic as well.  We'll be doing something nice today, but I'm not so sure about getting funky. Interesting quote.

Wow, we had an Alberta Clipper come through beginning around 4:30 this morning with heavy rain and sustained winds of around 75km/h (46mph).  Our lawn looked nice for 1 day, but now it's plastered with leaves that are being stuck down with the rain and wind.  Hopefully this system will clear through in a few hours, as they generally don't last long.  I shouldn't complain, especially when I see the devastation that Helene has left in her path.  Something that was heartwarming yesterday though, was seeing pack mules being used to bring supplies to areas where the roads were impassible for vehicle traffic.  Technology isn't always the answer.

Today is our friend Ollie's birthday, the first one without her DH, so we know it's going to be difficult.  This morning we're going to drop in with coffee and flowers, and later this afternoon we told her we're taking her out for dinner.  She loves fish and chips and we found this cute little British restaurant that has authentic British food on their menu - their fish and chips are great, but the steak & Guinness pasty is absolutely delicious.  

I'd like the drink of the day, will pass on the wine, and remember writing down the recipe for today's menu suggestion.  Because of Ollie's birthday, I won't be cooking again (oh darn!), but will be enjoying some British food for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially those suffering from the wrath of Helene, and all the innocents caught in wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from another projected scorcher day, 101. Great collection of days and the meal would be a great addition to a brunch menu. The cocktail looks so good but more of a “dessert” cocktail for me.

I mostly read the daily yesterday but never got to post as an emergency came up. Our daughter texted at 7:40am that her heartbeat was up to 202 per minute and could we come get our granddaughter and bring her to school while she tried to get it to slow. Fortunately, she lives just over a mile away so we’re there quickly but I thought it best that Fred take her to urgent care and I took Emma home. Thankfully, urgent care treated it as an emergency gave her medicine to slow her heartbeat and called an ambulance. So she spent the morning in emergency. All tests came back okay and said it was like her heart needed to reset? She does suffer from anxiety so maybe that added to it. Surprisingly, Emma didn’t seem to be too alarmed although we did keep our cool, she was just worried about no one picking her up. Four year olds are like little people, so we have to be careful what we say around her, and that kid has a memory too. 

@JazzyV Happy belated birthday, hope you continue to enjoy your cruise

@StLouisCruisersYour daughters celebration tree once again is gorgeous, I love the candy corn.

@Cruzin TerriHappy belated 43rd anniversary, hope you two enjoyed your day.

@seagarsmokerHope your gastro visit was successful, my across the street neighbor also suffers and has been hospitalized twice, she’s finally realized nuts are her trigger and has eliminated them completely.

@Denise TYour doggies will probably give you a guilt trip until your drive away and then say, “playtime!”. Enjoy your cruise and hopefully your sis doesn’t keep you waiting while she’s still packing.

@dfishCongrats on the new baby. Sorry about your bout of insomnia, I suffer from it too but I’m afraid to start taking pills again. BTW, Kirkland Sleep Aid from Costco is really good, my step dad told me yesterday he’s having issues so I’m going to get him some.

@RMLincolnHope your day is better today.

@kazuThe fence is really nice.

@grapau27Hope you’re feeling better today but assume you are since you went to the beach. Seems that this latest covid booster knocked people out.

Not much going on today, I need to get some meat in the freezer and go to the store for a couple things. Tonight is our steak night, so we’ll split a rib eye and have french fries and a broiled tomato for sides.

Have a great day!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

45 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

It’s sunny and 50s, up to 73 today, perfect!
I’ve been in a funk but that’s not what getting funky means…. 
 And I’ve had 2nights of better sleep, not great but better. Woke from a nightmare early this morning. I think my brain is processing a lot in my subconscious. 

Update on nephew/wife in Canton NC, mtns west of Asheville: they got power restored yesterday! 1week. Many thanks to all the line workers!  Still no phone, and cell is text only. I’m guessing they’re on temporary cell towers with low power. He got to work, was sent home until they could organize restoration projects, but it seems he still has a job. No word on her job, she teaches at the community college in Asheville.. it might be a long time yet. They had propane and were able to haul water from the stream, use it for flushing and boiled it for drinking. (We had a deep well in NM, got a big generator-240v-  to power it because a week is a long time without water! Especially in fire season.) 

Very happy Terri had something good happen!  👏

Sad to hear about the flooding problems in NZ. When @erewhon wrote that many roads are closed my first thought was that there aren’t that many roads, so no alternative routes!  Many will be isolated. I’m glad the military are helping. And very glad to hear you are both ok!  I know you’ll take great care of each other, as always!

Cheers for all the improvements!  
Blessings to all in need! 

Counting down with @Denise T! So happy for you!  I understand about how different sisters can be. I think it’s great you get to cruise with yours!  
Stay well and safe everyone. 
Maureen 

Glad to hear your nephew and wife are managing in Canton NC. I managed to find the Facebook page for the mayor and have been reading that. I understand they got pretty creative with the cell tower, but it seems to be working even at low level. My step-sister and husband are feeling they were very lucky. They had sold their large farm and moved to a much smaller one just over a year ago (I think) and it fared much better than their original home.

Susan

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

ScreenShot2024-10-05at07_58_46.png.69fc29e9438daddb27754631b6096d47.png

Good morning to all.  It has been a whirlwind/horrible several weeks but I did get through it.  In the middle of the night - gosh, it probably was 4 weeks ago - my cell rang with news of a family emergency.  I rarely have the sound up on it but this night I did.  It woke me up and that started a very long journey. Unfortunately, the emergency did not end well and dealing with the fallout has been taxing and emotionally draining.  But I am grateful that me, personally, am fine and I am finally home.  

I won't even try to catch up with the goings on here but I hope any and all things - both good and bad - are either settled, getting better or celebrated.

Thanks so much for anyone who was concerned about me.  I have to admit I didn't think about CC during all this and for that I apologize.  I did receive emails from CC, Jacqui and Sharon that I read after I got home and the realization that people were concerned both astonished me and humbled me.  I am so sorry that I did not realize I would be missed.

For now I am looking forward to getting away for a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation in Barcelona and on the Oosterdam in 3 weeks.

Again, thank you so much for caring.  

Pennie

• Like 24
  • Thanks 32

17 minutes ago, ellbelle said:

Good morning from another projected scorcher day, 101. Great collection of days and the meal would be a great addition to a brunch menu. The cocktail looks so good but more of a “dessert” cocktail for me.

I mostly read the daily yesterday but never got to post as an emergency came up. Our daughter texted at 7:40am that her heartbeat was up to 202 per minute and could we come get our granddaughter and bring her to school while she tried to get it to slow. Fortunately, she lives just over a mile away so we’re there quickly but I thought it best that Fred take her to urgent care and I took Emma home. Thankfully, urgent care treated it as an emergency gave her medicine to slow her heartbeat and called an ambulance. So she spent the morning in emergency. All tests came back okay and said it was like her heart needed to reset? She does suffer from anxiety so maybe that added to it. Surprisingly, Emma didn’t seem to be too alarmed although we did keep our cool, she was just worried about no one picking her up. Four year olds are like little people, so we have to be careful what we say around her, and that kid has a memory too. 

@StLouisCruisersYour daughters celebration tree once again is gorgeous, I love the candy corn.

@seagarsmokerHope your gastro visit was successful, my across the street neighbor also suffers and has been hospitalized twice, she’s finally realized nuts are her trigger and has eliminated them completely.

@Denise TYour doggies will probably give you a guilt trip until your drive away and then say, “playtime!”. Enjoy your cruise and hopefully your sis doesn’t keep you waiting while she’s still packing.

@dfishCongrats on the new baby. Sorry about your bout of insomnia, I suffer from it too but I’m afraid to start taking pills again. BTW, Kirkland Sleep Aid from Costco is really good, my step dad told me yesterday he’s having issues so I’m going to get him some.

@grapau27Hope you’re feeling better today but assume you are since you went to the beach. Seems that this latest covid booster knocked people out.

Not much going on today, I need to get some meat in the freezer and go to the store for a couple things. Tonight is our steak night, so we’ll split a rib eye and have french fries and a broiled tomato for sides.

Have a great day!

Thank you I am fine now.

I hope your daughter is okay but her heart rate was high and a low dose Beta blocker like Bisoprolol 2.5mg will control her heart rate.

Pauline had a hairdresser's appointment so after taking her I went to the beach while she was getting her hair done.

• Like 23

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Debbie @dfish, I am sorry to hear about your insomnia. It is really hard to get through a day on very little sleep. I hope that a solution is found soon.

Is it the pain that keeps you up?

No, it isn't pain this time.  I've actually been pretty pain free this last week except at yoga class.  At the end of the class we have relaxation and if I am on my back the pain will start in my right side.  It is just above the hip and sometimes feels like it is in the hip, but the hip is fine.  

My current problem is that I just can't fall asleep.  I think I am tired and go to bed, but once I get there I am wide awake.  I gave up last night and got up and read for a while.  There are times when that happens and I am fine the next day and you'd never know I didn't sleep the  night before.  

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@dfish  Debbie, I hope all the leaf raking will help you sleep better tonight.  BTW, 64F in the house is too cold for us, too.  

We may have found today's excuse to get out of doing leaves.  We're scheduled for our flu and Covid booster shots.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Debbie @dfish so sorry that you too are sleepless 😞 - you would be surprised what some people here will complain about.  LOL.  My sister and BIL said it was karma that this apartment became available when it did.  My patio is not like the others (nor is my apartment).  I wouldn’t be able to do any fencing with the others.   This one was pricier but I have room to play fetch with Ivan inside and the “backyard”  was fencable if necessary.

Well, just ignore the complainers.  Some people search high and low to find something to complain about.  Glad you have room to play fetch with Ivan.  Also, glad you got the unique apartment that allowed the fencing.  That is so much better for you because Ivan can go out and do his business on his own.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@dfish Thank you for the recipes, I probably would use your idea of sausage and cheese, but I am not that much into cooking in the mornings, thinking they would be great for an afternoon snack.  I hate hot, but 64 degrees does sound cool.The only upside is when it is cold you can put heavier/more clothes on.  When you run hot, there is only so much you can take off.  

Or you could do bacon and cheese.   I am heating up the house a bit.  It is just too cold.

45 minutes ago, ellbelle said:

Thanks for the suggestion and I'll look for that the next time I am there.  Most sleep aids just contain the same ingredient as Benedryl and I already take one of them for allergies before bed.

I hope your daughter's heart rate stays regulated.  202 is really high!  

21 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good morning to all.  It has been a whirlwind/horrible several weeks but I did get through it.  In the middle of the night - gosh, it probably was 4 weeks ago - my cell rang with news of a family emergency.  I rarely have the sound up on it but this night I did.  It woke me up and that started a very long journey. Unfortunately, the emergency did not end well and dealing with the fallout has been taxing and emotionally draining.  But I am grateful that me, personally, am fine and I am finally home.  

I won't even try to catch up with the goings on here but I hope any and all things - both good and bad - are either settled, getting better or celebrated.

Thanks so much for anyone who was concerned about me.  I have to admit I didn't think about CC during all this and for that I apologize.  I did receive emails from CC, Jacqui and Sharon that I read after I got home and the realization that people were concerned both astonished me and humbled me.  I am so sorry that I did not realize I would be missed.

For now I am looking forward to getting away for a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation in Barcelona and on the Oosterdam in 3 weeks.

Pennie

Pennie, I am sorry the emergency didn't end well and you had to deal with the fallout.  But, we are all glad that you are ok and that we have you back to posting.  Enjoy your cruise in 3 weeks!

@Denise T  Enjoy your cruise!  You've worked hard to get to this point.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6

Good morning all!

After rain all day yesterday we're going to have 3 days of sunshine.  Low 60's to low 70's.  We needed the rain, and more is coming (something we can always count on here!)

Of the 3 days I'll celebrate Do Something Nice.  I haven't had enough coffee yet to understand the quote, will pass on the drink but would like the Pino Grigio.  Mixed feelings about the muffins -- maybe included in a brunch, but wouldn't be my first choice and definitely would substitute the broccoli for something like sausage.  Haven't been to Bimini.

Yesterday I decided to take a Covid test because of this cold I came home with.  Thankfully it was negative 🙂  We'll be seeing the family tomorrow so I wanted to be sure.  And the cold seems to be getting better today, which is good too.  Every time we fly I come home with a cold, and we wear masks.

Hoping to get some gardening done today while the sun shines.  Also I need to (slowly) start getting the Christmas Village set up.  It's early, but we'll be gone a couple weeks next month and it takes nearly a month to get it up.  First step is making room for the 2-3 long tables and getting them out.

@ellbelle What a scare with your DD!  So glad she's ok now.

@Nickelpenny We all worried, I'm sorry to hear about the family emergency but it's good to have you back now. Enjoy that cruise!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, 

It's a sunny day today with a high of about 65. My plans? Stay home! After a busy week I'm looking forward to not having to go anywhere. Instead my "home" plans include a few walks, tea with my neighbor (Balmoral blend - Murchies), cookie baking, putting the linen closet items away, finding the top of the kitchen table and the counters, etc. If I get really energetic I may tackle my craft room - but don't bet on it. 

This weekend is "Farm Tour Weekend" in the Skagit Valley. Numerous farms throughout the valley are open for the public to tour. They have educational exhibits, things to buy, etc. I have a couple I enjoy visiting each year, and picking up a few things, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning and head up north to Concrete. It should be a pretty day tomorrow for a drive. My DD DH loved this and he was always up for the drive so may take him with me (his small urn). 

Have a nice Saturday!

@Nickelpenny I'm sorry you had the family emergency but glad you have checked in with us. We were worried. 

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

@ellbelle Thank you for the belated anniversary wishes.  Glad your daughter is okay.

@Nickelpenny Pennie, glad to see you back.  I am sorry you had an emergency that did not end well.  We all missed you and glad you are back home.  It is good that you will be taking a vacation and getting an opportunity to rest.

Terri

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and Happy Saturday. Yesterday was 104 and today’s high 100, but it will probably be higher. 

I made a version of the egg muffins for the Christmas brunch I hosted last year and they were a hit. They are like mini frittatas. I made two versions, spinach & cheese, and just cheese. Since we had ham I decided not to add any meat to the eggs. And Annie @marshhawk, you can make them in advance and keep them in the fridge, they warm up nicely in the oven (I think microwaving eggs makes them tough). That’s what I did for the brunch. 

Paul @kochleffel, I didn’t realize that Rochester had a smaller airport. It’s probably similar to the Tucson airport but ours is considered international since there are flights to Mexico. I would still drive there the day before and stay near the airport. 

Pennie @Nickelpenny, so good to see you posting!  We were all concerned, as you now know, and I’m sorry about your family emergency. You definitely need your cruise!

….. blue bubble acting up and I can’t remove the popup screen so will continue in new post….

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

The broccoli and cheese egg muffins would be fine with me. I might like the cocktail. For the wine, let's try the Living Roots 2021 Pinot Gris, $24. "A fresh, yet rich and expressive style of Pinot Gris from a cooler vintage in the Finger Lakes. The wine was fermented naturally in stainless steel and aged on lees for ten months. High-toned aromatics and varietal pear characters are balanced with gingery spice and fresh acidity. Wild ferment. Unfined. Unfiltered."

I'm getting majorly annoyed with the roll call for the Panama cruise, through a combination of NCL's disingenuousness and the passengers' credulity. NCL is trying to make it look as if, on the morning after the Canal transit, the ship docks in Panama City, which is impossible, stays there all day, and then sails to Fuerte Amador, arriving there are 11:59 p.m. and disembarking at 4:00 a.m. This has led to panic.

There are also quite a few people who want to know what the time and location aboard ship one activity or another will be, but mainly the solo passengers' gathering (NCL has someone from the cruise director's staff host these). It's been replied multiple times that activity times and locations will be in the Freestyle Daily but people want to know now.

witchypharmacy.jpg.39c748a1df6b54809af675e957590400.jpg

• Like 24
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I didn’t realize that Rochester had a smaller airport. It’s probably similar to the Tucson airport but ours is considered international since there are flights to Mexico. I would still drive there the day before and stay near the airport. 

ROC's official name is Frederick Douglass International Airport, but there is no passenger service from Canada. It just means that there's a customs station for private flights.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

I had to exit the thread to get rid of the blue bubble popup screen!  Frustrating. 

Debbie @dfish, I feel for you about the insomnia. I’m all over the place with sleep. Sometimes it’s 5 hours and I feel fine, or I feel super exhausted; and sometimes I sleep 7 hours and feel the same— exhausted or fine. Last night I slept 7 1/2 hours and couldn’t believe it and feel good. I might check out the Kirkland sleep aid.  I don’t think it is the same as Benedryl. 

image.jpeg.b3e22e2b1771d48a2b66122026dabcc8.jpeg
Today I’m making spaghetti and meatballs with homemade sauce. Craig said he would eat it but not much pasta. He’s lost 8 lbs on his cruise diet. I haven’t made this recipe in years. It’s from an old Mario Batali cookbook and most of his recipes are not available on the internet anymore due to what happened to him.  Anyway, what I’m trying to say is regardless of how you feel I love this recipe for its simplicity. I also love his Bolognese sauce. 

Sorry for my ramblings!  Have a great day everyone!

• Like 30

Apparently I was wrong about movers arriving today next door.  DH said the new folks Stephanie and Drew would be around a lot this weekend, not moving in.  He spoke to them today while I was on a long phone call with a friend (otherwise I would have gone outside to meet them).  They are planting a few plants/flowers around the patio that they may have brought from their other house.  Plus a worker-bee truck is in the driveway.  I guess the paint work is all finished.  

1 hour ago, ellbelle said:

Have a great day!

Thank you Cheryl.  You must have seen a few of them this year.  I love seeing each new tree as it comes along.  I'm sorry to hear about the rapid heart beat episode your poor DD suffered yesterday.  Sounds dangerous!  I hope they have found out what happened and can prevent it in the future.

1 hour ago, Nickelpenny said:

Pennie

Pennie, I'm very sorry to hear about the emergency and that it didn't turn out for the best.  I'm glad you are personally okay and we're happy you're back.  Only 3 weeks until your cruise?  That's pretty exciting!  Can't wait to hear all about it!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I had to exit the thread to get rid of the blue bubble popup screen!  Frustrating. 

Debbie @dfish, I feel for you about the insomnia. I’m all over the place with sleep. Sometimes it’s 5 hours and I feel fine, or I feel super exhausted; and sometimes I sleep 7 hours and feel the same— exhausted or fine. Last night I slept 7 1/2 hours and couldn’t believe it and feel good. I might check out the Kirkland sleep aid.  I don’t think it is the same as Benedryl. 

Today I’m making spaghetti and meatballs with homemade sauce. Craig said he would eat it but not much pasta. He’s lost 8 lbs on his cruise diet. I haven’t made this recipe in years. It’s from an old Mario Batali cookbook and most of his recipes are not available on the internet anymore due to what happened to him.  Anyway, what I’m trying to say is regardless of how you feel I love this recipe for its simplicity. I also love his Bolognese sauce. 

Benadryl is Diphenhydramine so these are different medications.  Maybe Debbie should give it a try.  I get about 5 hours of sleep a night and have no idea what 8 hours or even 7 would be like.  😴

• Like 18

Posted (edited)

We sailed to Bimini on a Carnival cruise in February of this year as a memorial cruise for a sister-in-law. 
Bimini has beautiful beaches and the weather didn’t disappoint.

I would recommend a visit to the Dolphin House if you’re ever in Bimini. It is a museum, art treasure, home, guest house, work in progress. Ashley Saunders has built (is continuing to build) this magnificent structure. We were privileged to be given a guided tour by Ashley. His love of nature, the sea, dolphins, art, debris, history, and people, were all evident throughout the tour.

Ashley also shared stories of the many times Ernest Hemingway visited. IMG_2637.thumb.jpeg.60c1921b74f53026785f2ceeb2ab3fef.jpeg

IMG_2639.thumb.jpeg.dc3e3f74fda79237b5c8773f9f39588a.jpeg

IMG_2638.thumb.jpeg.d42f251efba1fedb4ddc0ff05e5801c8.jpeg

IMG_2640.thumb.jpeg.a3a3b5bd7ca0820471152c102d8692d1.jpeg

IMG_2657.thumb.jpeg.16e1b5432faf496772f0b13acb228310.jpeg

IMG_2653.thumb.jpeg.1f4cbeee748020707d4eb395fade79af.jpeg

IMG_2649.thumb.jpeg.8b8d0054a1f7f03b7b9cdf7dd8e751a1.jpeg

IMG_2648.thumb.jpeg.b7571b1696dff831daa9032f819ef6e3.jpeg

IMG_2645.thumb.jpeg.f5efd9673152f89254af14e650db00eb.jpeg

IMG_2651.thumb.jpeg.c68d9d5c0ecf31d25bb43a5e7a6f9556.jpeg

IMG_2650.jpeg

IMG_2647.jpeg

IMG_2646.jpeg

IMG_2644.jpeg

IMG_2643.jpeg

IMG_2652.jpeg

IMG_2659.jpeg

IMG_2658.jpeg

IMG_2656.jpeg

IMG_2655.jpeg

IMG_2654.jpeg

IMG_2641.jpeg

Edited by HAL4NOW
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 10

46 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

24 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Benadryl is Diphenhydramine so these are different medications.  Maybe Debbie should give it a try.  I get about 5 hours of sleep a night and have no idea what 8 hours or even 7 would be like.  😴

Thanks to both of you.  I will look for it and give it a try.  I have a prescription for Ambien but don't like to take it on a daily basis.  The insomnia seems to have increased just lately.

• Like 22

Good afternoon, it's a pleasant but windy day here.  Went to see DGD cheer for her last football game of the year...3rd grade cheerleaders and 3rd and 4th grade football players.  They were all fun to watch.  She's thinking about cheering for the basketball games.  She made the girls tryout/travel BB team, we'll see how that goes!  We're watching the other DGD play tennis this afternoon.  The meal sounds good, I've made these for a meal for a lady who had recently had surgery.  Haven't been Bimini, the pictures look nice.  DH is watching the Wisconsin Badgers game right now, look like they are doing well!  

@Nickelpennysorry you had a family emergency to deal with, sorry it didn't end well.  Good to see you back.

@dfishsorry you're having sleep issues...DH also has trouble sleeping, he's usually up at 4 am, then goes back to bed again.

@JazzyVHoping you're enjoying your cruise! 

@erewhonsorry to hear about the flooding by you...hoping all are safe. 

Have a good rest of the day!  I'm headed to my sewing room to bind a quilt.  Karen

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and thanks all! 
@Nickelpenny glad you are back, although sorry to hear you have had such a difficult time.  Glad you have a relaxing cruise to look forward to.

@ellbelleyikes! How scary,  I hope your DD can follow up with her Dr. Something similar happened to my DH years ago and he is on meds to control it.  

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Sharon, let me know if you try it.  I used to take Ambien and after many years and a wonderful doctor who helped me, i was able to wean myself off of it.  While I have sleepless nights, I would rather endure that than take another Ambien. I saw that in Costco and was tempted to buy it but thought better of it.  I am so afraid of getting myself back to the same situation again.

Terri

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Chic spies are better than scruffy ones, we should always do something nice, and like several others my funky days are long ago (if I ever truly was funky). I'll pass on anything with broccoli! The drink sounds like a possibility, depending on how much the whiskey taste dominates. I'm not a whiskey fan. I've had the wine - it's your basic cheap wine seen at free hotel happy hours in the past. Wouldn't buy it, but will drink it if it's free 😉 Never been to Bimini, but I generally avoid the Bahamas. From what I've heard it has pretty beaches - I don't tend to be on ships that stop there.

I ended up not getting assigned to a Disaster Recovery Center this weekend, so my time is certainly coming some day this week. I wish I could say we were doing good for people, but it seems to be more for "show", which is disappointing (and a waste of time). 

This morning DH & I walked, finding one of the staff decided to drive a 6-seater golf cart through a ditch filled with water. The golf cart is now stuck in the mud there. I'm pretty certain NOBODY from that home will have any idea who did it or how it happened. Guess the golf cart drove itself over there 😉 After errands we had an early lunch at Cheesecake Factory - good food, but so filling! I had a skinny cosmopolitan, which was good. The rest of the day will be laundry & relaxing at home. I need to start figuring out Christmas gifts for the work people, so may spend some time on Amazon. 48 days until the next cruise, but we have a couple shorter trips before then.

Jacqui @kazu good luck getting the rest of the cruise stuff finished. So sorry you need to miss this one 😞

Denise @Denise T congrats on it finally being time for your cruise!

Terri @Cruzin Terri congrats on the $500 winning ticket! On the missing driver license, can you just order it online and have it delivered to your home? I did that here in FL when I wanted to change my address, and it was so much easier than going into the DMV.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 22