Tuesday, October 8, 2024 Fleet Report & Daily

Posted (edited)

Today is International Podiatry Day, Microwave Oven Day, and National Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.--Helen Keller

Meal Suggestion for today - Healthy Apple Muffins
Drink of the Day - Grape Bomb
Wine of the Day - 2021 Enotah
Destination of the Day - Nagasaki, Japan 

Today in History:
1769 Captain James Cook lands in New Zealand at Poverty Bay on the East Coast of the North Island
1945 Microwave oven patented by US inventor Percy Spencer

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 4 days, one-way from Vancouver to San Diego 
At Sea Destination Santa Barbara, California    eta 10-09  

Koningsdam --- 17 days, round-trip Circle Hawaii 
At Sea Destination Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii    eta 10-11  

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 16 days, one-way from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale 
At Sea Destination Huatulco, Mexico    eta 10-09  

Nieuw Statendam --- 14 days, round-trip Lands Of Legends Eternal Cities 
Tunis, Tunisia    0800-1800  

Oosterdam --- 11 days, round-trip Venetian Dalmatian Delight 
Argostoli (Kefallinia), Greece    0800-1700  

Rotterdam --- 14 days, round-trip Jewels Of The Baltic 
Ronne, Bornholm    1200-2000  

Volendam --- 14 days, one-way from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale 
Saguenay, Quebec    0800-1700  

Zaandam --- 51 days, round-trip Tales Of The South Pacific 
Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii    0800-ovn-  

Zuiderdam --- 7 days, one-way from Boston to Quebec City 
Sydney, Nova Scotia    1100-1800  

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam --- 14 days, one-way from Vancouver to Yokohama 
At Sea Destination Kushiro, Japan    eta 10-11  

Westerdam --- 53 days, round-trip Majestic Japan 
At Sea Destination Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii    eta 10-16  

******£££

Hang tight everyone. Sandi had posted the dialogue portion, but now I can’t see it. 

She is at the dentist with Dennis. I will see what I can do in the meantime. 

Wine might be appropriate right about now. 😎

Ann

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 26
  • Haha 7

Good morning!  Happy Tuesday!  I saw that Sandi had started today’s thread but when I clicked on it poof, CC went down and I’ve been checking in on and off. 

Thank you Ann @cat shepard for starting today’s Daily even if we don’t have the Fleet Report and Days yet. 

Have a great day!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @cat shepard for starting us off. 

Yesterday was a good day with the pool which is my happy place. DS was here and got all the ceilings painted. He's coming back tomorrow and his goal is either the kitchen or the guest bath. He also replaced the whole house water filter and my water pressure went back up. I also had a lot of brownish water for a bit as I ran the water. We tend to get a buildup of iron in our well water. 

Today is a few errands and getting things done around the house. Nothing too exciting. 

Karen

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Grape Bomb cocktail:

Prepare for an explosion of grape-infused flavor with the exhilarating "Grape Bomb" shot - a delightful concoction that embodies the essence of sweet, juicy grapes with a twist of excitement. This shot is a thrilling blend of grape liqueur and energy drink, promising a burst of fruity refreshment that will ignite your taste buds and energize your spirit. Whether you're revving up for a night out or seeking a pick-me-up with friends, the "Grape Bomb" shot is a dynamic choice that promises an unforgettable sensory experience.
Ingredients:
1/2 oz. chambered
3 oz. red bull
Directions:
Fill a shot glass with ice cubes to chill it.
After the glass has chilled for a minute or so, pour the grape liqueur (e.g., Chambord) into the shot glass.
In a separate glass, pour the energy drink (e.g., Red Bull).
Hold the shot glass of grape liqueur over the glass of energy drink and carefully drop it in. This creates an exciting fizz and combines the flavors.

Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 6.23.36 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 19

Posted (edited)

Good morning, everyone!

Like all of you, I was frustrated this morning when I couldn't get on CC.  CC and the first cup of coffee go hand in hand!   No yoga today as the instructor is out of town.  I went for a walk instead and made it two miles. I did have some pain the last tenth of a mile, but that is not from the back.  It is the rod in my femur from when I broke my hip.  It doesn't seem to like cold weather and it was cold last night.  It was 64 in the house again when I got up so I turned on the heat.  It is now comfortable in the house.

I was able to read Sandi's post earlier before it went poof.  I hope we can get it back.  Thank you, Ann @cat shepard for getting us started again.  Glad to see the blue bubble back.

Sue and I are planning to go north for a few days to do a color tour of northern Michigan.  We're going up for River's last soccer game and then we'll continue north.  I'd like to hit the eastern upper peninsula and then we'll come down and go to DS Barb's near Elk Rapids.  We especially want to do the Tunnel of Trees. The bad news on that is that it is supposed to rain all day on Sunday, so we may do the Tunnel of Trees on Monday when we leave Barb's.  

I am very concerned for those in Florida in the path of Milton.  I hope everyone is going inland and north.  @StLouisCruisers Sandi, I hope DGD Morgan is safe.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, thank you for sending an email to Elizabeth  @Haljo1935

I sent a message to Jake @Crazy For Cats, but have heard nothing back.  At one point he said he was trying to spend less time in front of the screen.

I'm also missing the messages from Tina @0106.  I hope her DH is doing well after his fall on their last cruise.  

Today's meal would be great for a quick breakfast.  Cookie and Kate recommends a slather of peanut butter on these muffins.  Healthy Apple Muffins Recipe - Cookie and Kate

applemuffins1.thumb.jpg.2296e7afd52297106f39c311662afdce.jpg

I had gotten this far the last time when everything went poof.  I hope this post lasts a little longer!  Here's another take on it,  Healthy Apple Muffins - Sally's Baking Addiction (sallysbakingaddiction.com)

applemuffins2.thumb.jpg.bb2f131ec4f90945a8af0550f3d017a8.jpg

This one also contains rolled oats.   Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins

applemuffins3.thumb.jpg.8c5dbd0e5be509026a6654e942a5bc23.jpg

apple muffins 1.jpg

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Edited by dfish
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 14

Good morning to all.

As with the rest of you, had trouble getting on to CC.

I have another busy day.  

I already finished one appointment, have PT at 1:15 and then DH has a root canal at 2:45.

Meanwhile, I did something to my left knee and am having trouble walking.  I will go to an Orthopedic Urgent Care tomorrow.  There is just no time today.

Don’t know if i will be able to post later, but will try.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Glad to be able to finally get on CC.

Thanks for this Report, it's a great way to start the day.  I took Bertie for a short walk this morning before the rain started.  Hubby and I went to a local farmers market, then to breakfast, a stop to get Bertie a new pillow for the car and then we got a few groceries.  A full morning.

I like the quote.

I made an apple cake the other day, muffins would be good too.  I'll pass on the drink and I'm not sure about the wine.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for so many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a good day.  Stay safe.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 8th, 2024

Today is International Podiatry Day, Microwave Oven Day, and National Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.--Helen Keller

Meal Suggestion for today - Healthy Apple Muffins
Drink of the Day - Grape Bomb
Wine of the Day - 2021 Enotah
Destination of the Day - Nagasaki, Japan 

Today in History:
1769 Captain James Cook lands in New Zealand at Poverty Bay on the East Coast of the North Island
1945 Microwave oven patented by US inventor Percy Spencer

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 4 days, one-way from Vancouver to San Diego 
At Sea Destination Santa Barbara, California    eta 10-09  

Koningsdam --- 17 days, round-trip Circle Hawaii 
At Sea Destination Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii    eta 10-11  

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 16 days, one-way from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale 
At Sea Destination Huatulco, Mexico    eta 10-09  

Nieuw Statendam --- 14 days, round-trip Lands Of Legends Eternal Cities 
Tunis, Tunisia    0800-1800  

Oosterdam --- 11 days, round-trip Venetian Dalmatian Delight 
Argostoli (Kefallinia), Greece    0800-1700  

Rotterdam --- 14 days, round-trip Jewels Of The Baltic 
Ronne, Bornholm    1200-2000  

Volendam --- 14 days, one-way from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale 
Saguenay, Quebec    0800-1700  

Zaandam --- 51 days, round-trip Tales Of The South Pacific 
Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii    0800-ovn-  

Zuiderdam --- 7 days, one-way from Boston to Quebec City 
Sydney, Nova Scotia    1100-1800  

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam --- 14 days, one-way from Vancouver to Yokohama 
At Sea Destination Kushiro, Japan    eta 10-11  

Westerdam --- 53 days, round-trip Majestic Japan 
At Sea Destination Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii    eta 10-16
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 20

Good Morning. My my, anyone having anxiety reactions? CC is back up and running. Woke up finding out I had been bleeding during the night. They really did take a good hunk of flesh out of my calf yesterday. Hopefully, the sheets can be salvaged. Sue saw ortho yesterday and they are now going to do knee replacement on left leg as that one is really acting up. Eventually it will be both knees.

We’re falling apart. 
Thoughts and prayers for our fellow Floridians who are going to be hit by Milton. Here, it’s going to be sunny all week with some high surf along our beaches.

A late start but we are back in business. Thanks for the future featured reports and post. I saw where Sandi had gotten post #1 in but that disappeared. Have a great day. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.6242500a3073a84c7565963d23383916.jpegimage.jpeg.ce3c9d5df4fed4fa281c8af99fa02e6d.jpegimage.jpeg.df21ce0f83410ad12c5ee8b9d82653bc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.21ab45da28824b336c7219a94fb7e9a4.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Haha 18

Goodmorning!! 
Thank you Ann my East Coast Sister for helping out Sandi while at the dentist this am.❤️

Since yesterday’s blog is locked I wanted to give a message to @marshhawk 

May today be filled with love, and positivity to all! Have a beautiful day!

🌺🌺🌺🌺

Annie,

Gesso or other primer should be used on cardboard surfaces before painting on them.” If no primer is used the cardboard will absorb the moisture from the acrylic paint and the paint will probably flake off – sooner than later.

You can simply spray your piece with a gloss or matte acrylic varnish for short term preservation. That's really the best solution for something made with ordinary cardboard.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Denise😌

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)

I always have the Halfacts link for the Fleet Report and Daily so just copied and pasted the content. 

Now we can discuss all the days. 

Edited to say….. sorry for the double post of the days. Ann must have edited her post after I saw it, that or CC troubles again. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Greetings from a nervous and stressed St Petersburg.  Milton is still forecast to approach us late tomorrow (WED) with cat 3 winds and storm surge.  Hopefully by tomorrow morning, we will know if we have to move to a higher location.

We were able to fill our gas tank last night after finding most gas stations were sold out earlier.  Expecting to loose power, we have several blocks of ice in the freezer along with extra water and canned goods.  

Prayers for all those in need to today!  

• Like 28
  • Thanks 8

Well Dailyites. What a morning. I know Sandi succeeded in posting what I just did, and at least two people had a chance to reply. My attempt failed. And now those posts are gone. Truly a first world problem. But we all worry. 

Just a fast post from me. Bindi is giving me “the look”. 

@cunnorl Charlene & @St Pete Cruiser Please be careful. Milton is predicted to head a bit more Northeast before making landfall. 

iPhone 14 & later owners - be sure to read the Apple support page on how to send text messages if you lose cellular power. 

Everyone be safe. 

2021 Enotah

This is a first. The best I can do is  label & 3 year old consumer review of this Georgia wine. This is either the second or third from this state. 

We might need our Georgian Dailyites to research the price for us. I could not find one, even after clicking the “Check for price” link. 🤔

Sandi, I know you like whites. If you ever come across it, and it is not super expensive, perhaps you could try it & share thoughts with us. 

$????

IMG_3581.jpeg.011ecee92aedd8adab883f4f4f82a241.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 12

Good morning and thanks all! 
Thanks @dfish for the recipe as just we picked about 50 pounds of apples at D son’s  home.   Can’t believe he had so many without being able to water! 

Hope all can stay safe! 
@aliaschief take care! Yikes! 

We had an amazing aurora display last night! 

IMG_2439.jpeg

IMG_2451.jpeg

IMG_2414.jpeg

IMG_2402.jpeg

• Like 38
  • Thanks 8

19 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I always have the Halfacts link for the Fleet Report and Daily so just copied and pasted the content. 

Now we can discuss all the days. 

Edited to say….. sorry for the double post of the days. Ann must have edited her post after I saw it, that or CC troubles again. 

Sharon

Better to see it two, or three times than not at all.  Might be a good saying for a motto. 😎

Thank you for jumping in!

Ann

• Like 26
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Greetings from a nervous and stressed St Petersburg.  Milton is still forecast to approach us late tomorrow (WED) with cat 3 winds and storm surge.  Hopefully by tomorrow morning, we will know if we have to move to a higher location.

We were able to fill our gas tank last night after finding most gas stations were sold out earlier.  Expecting to loose power, we have several blocks of ice in the freezer along with extra water and canned goods.  

Prayers for all those in need to today!  

If you have an iPhone 14 or later, you should be able to send texts to your family & friends via satellite. I image the Tampa area would definitely have at least one satellite connection. 

apple support.com provides the explanation and instructions. There are a couple of things you could do now to prepare to use this option. 

The important thing is to be safe. 15 feet doesn’t sound like much when you are up in a condo, but. 

Ann

• Like 29

7 minutes ago, arzz said:

@aliaschief hydrogen peroxide bubbles away and absolutely destroys blood stains - best before they are washed.  

Another way, which is also good for many food stains, is a soak in Biz. That's an enzyme product that should be found in a box somewhere among the laundry products in stores.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

Good morning friends!  I am back from the dentist and sorry about all the worry this morning.  Apparently CC was out a long time because Graham emailed me he had been checking it since 6:30 a.m. UK time and it was down.  Thanks to Ann and Sharon for stepping in.  I was able to get a post in just before we left for the dentist, but the map wouldn't paste to the page so I left it off.

Here are the locations of the fleet currently.

image.thumb.png.b0698a9098281138586bcde3e63b2a61.png

and here are the links for Nagasaki, Japan.

Now we need to eat some lunch and I can come back and chat.  Thanks for everyone's patience but it was out of everyone's control here.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 11

Good morning all!
Good to see that CC is back up and running.  I was beginning to think I'd have to do something else -- like housework (!)

All good days to celebrate.  I like the quote, will pass on the drink, would like to try the wine, and would like the last recipe maybe for breakfast.  We have not been to Japan or have any plans to go.

We're having a rainy day, so that means getting inside chores done.  Sending prayers for our CC friends and families in the path of Milton.  Please get out if you can, stay safe. 

Brenda @bennybear Great aurora photos!  Thanks for posting.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1