Do you look at Cruise Critic while on a cruise or other vacation?

I must confess that I do on days that are very quiet and relaxing- e.g., sea days without much going on or simply hanging out on a resort beach.

What about you?  Do you look at Cruise Critic while traveling?  Why or why not?

44 minutes ago, SelectSys said:

Do you look at Cruise Critic while traveling?  Why or why not?

I kind of have to look at it when I post LIVE threads.  

On other occasions, when I have Internet access, I'll usually take a look at CC when I'm not doing something else more interesting.  It's always fun to give a live perspective on cruising when I can, and sometimes people have interesting things to say that are worth reading.

• Like 3

Interesting- I never really make live reports or reviews and just kind of post to topic areas that interest me or occasionally start a topic about something that I am curious about.

2 hours ago, SelectSys said:

Interesting- I never really make live reports or reviews and just kind of post to topic areas that interest me or occasionally start a topic about something that I am curious about.

I always post to topic in areas that interest me and occasionally start topics, so to me that's no different on a cruise than when I'm at home.  Assuming I have Internet access.

No, this is not an activity I invest any time in while on a cruise.  As my screen name implies I have always enjoyed being disconnected while cruising from early on when you had little choice, and other than with connecting with family, I typically maintain that attitude today. 

In general, I am not a fan or a participant in any of the social media platforms - never have and never will - other than CC. CC is the only social media platform in which I engage, and I guess that is only out of habit because I have been doing so for as long as I have. I enjoy the exchange of information. But not while on a cruise....

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I did when Cruise Critic had an app. I was able to use my mobile. It is too frustrating with a web browser on a cruise. 

I never used the CC app.  I use the standard browsers on my phone and tablet.  Except for a couple of cruises on Celebrity, I haven't had any problem browsing or posting here while on the road.  It is slower - both browsing and typing - but I have been able to get on and do what I need/want to do here.

We like to once in awhile to review the latest subjects to keep up to date.

Also enjoy attempting to keep an "Live On The QM2" if possible..

Answering questions while on board for what new is happening..

And sometimes communicating with the Roll Call soon to board if they have questions...

But.......We Still Enjoy All of Our Time On Board without Interruption.....

Edited by BklynBoy8
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I never used the CC app.  I use the standard browsers on my phone and tablet.  Except for a couple of cruises on Celebrity, I haven't had any problem browsing or posting here while on the road.  It is slower - both browsing and typing - but I have been able to get on and do what I need/want to do here.

Now that I have a 6.9 inch screen on my iPhone instead of a 5.5 inch screen to type on I might try again. I can also block all the ads that slow down the connection and cause it to time out. So with Starlink it might not be frustrating. I will give it a shot next cruise.

• Like 2

I generally disconnect, unless I have a live-from or have to work. I only click on threads that I may be able to provide a response to or if it captures my interest. But that is true even if I am not onboard. Mostly, I have other stuff going on so I am not that likely to pay attention to CC. (And here I am responding to a topic that I didn’t think I would!) 😂

On 10/12/2024 at 7:46 AM, SelectSys said:

I must confess that I do on days that are very quiet and relaxing- e.g., sea days without much going on or simply hanging out on a resort beach.

What about you?  Do you look at Cruise Critic while traveling?  Why or why not?

No.

I barely look at the internet when on a cruise. Too busy enjoying the moment.

Of course, when England are playing cricket, or I need to catch up on the footy scores, then I reserve the right to not care about the cruise for a while.

Some things are just too important to not keep up with. (Only the above are THAT important)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

While eating breakfast every morning it is one of the sites I look at.  With the internet so fast on board it is easy to do.  Maybe post a picture or two.  

I downloaded a couple of news sources to read at breakfast. Cruise Critic is not something to waste much time on while on a cruise. Most of it is a waste even when not on a cruise. I might check the roll call. If I post a photo it will be on another social media site. One that has an app that makes it easy. The photos actually get posted in one upload to two sites. 

7 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Not really - don't get internet usually.

Nor do I as an extra cost item.  I will look on sea days if I have an included pass.  

2 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Yes.  Only to keep an eye on it. I don't sign in, so no posting.

That’s really interesting to look and not sign in.