Current Concierges continued discussion

10 hours ago, Cruisincricket said:

Is Usha on vacation?  Do you know if Nancy in the Suite Lounge is leaving?

I believe Nancy is leaving in late August and will be replaced by Claudine. I do not know Usad's status. We are sailing on the Allure 6-30-19 and 7-21-19 before our 9-1-19 Allure cruise. Will post if anything changes before September.

1 minute ago, STANMELB said:

I believe Nancy is leaving in late August and will be replaced by Claudine. I do not know Usad's status. We are sailing on the Allure 6-30-19 and 7-21-19 before our 9-1-19 Allure cruise. Will post if anything changes before September.

I have Nancy going on vacation on 8-19-2019 on the Google Doc.  Thanks in advance  for any updates that you can provide us from your June and July AL cruises.

8 hours ago, mchin said:

We should be hearing from the Concierge this week.  They usually contact suite guests the week before the sailing.  If I don't hear from her by mid week, I will email.  See you on board!

Gisleni has been promoted to Asst Front Desk Manager and is on her way to the

Independence to start her new assignment.  Fabio and Francisco are the concierges now for the Freedom. 

19 minutes ago, counsdr said:

Does anyone know anything about Sucel Anderson in the Diamond Lounge on Adventure? Male/Female, etc?

Very nice lady, I believe from Honduras.  She left for vacation in late May, so should be back late July?  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, counsdr said:

Does anyone know anything about Sucel Anderson in the Diamond Lounge on Adventure? Male/Female, etc?

Sucel has always taken very good care of us.  Personable and very competent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Sucel has always taken very good care of us.  Personable and very competent.

Thank you Bob!

By any chance do you know how to add to a signature? I’m trying to update my signature and I can’t find how to do it since they changed the site!

18 minutes ago, counsdr said:

Thank you Bob!

By any chance do you know how to add to a signature? I’m trying to update my signature and I can’t find how to do it since they changed the site!

May be I can Help. Finally figured out how to do this.

!. Click on your screen name. 2. This will change the screen. Then click on your screen name again. 

3. Then click on account setting. 4. Then on the new screen under overview click on signature.

Just saw Bob's reply. Looks faster then what I suggested.

Edited by STANMELB
additional info

So Carlington (?spell?) took over full-time for Francis on the Grandeur?  Just wondering back on this ship in April 2020 and actually sailed with both in the past and trying to figure out who it might be this time around.

On 6/16/2019 at 9:10 AM, sgmn said:

Just off Rhapsody and Alan was in DL. He was amazing. Very welcoming,making sure everyone had a comfy seat and topping up the glasses, very gracious host

Agree...Alan is one of the best.   Never sits still, always working the room and helping out in the DL with anything that is needed.  Very pleasant and welcoming.  He used to be in the CL, but moved to the DL...which is nice since we prefer that lounge to the CL on Rhapsody.  🙂 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2019 at 10:09 PM, dodgestang said:

So Carlington (?spell?) took over full-time for Francis on the Grandeur?  Just wondering back on this ship in April 2020 and actually sailed with both in the past and trying to figure out who it might be this time around.

I don’t know Francis, but we love Carlington (and hope to see him there in the spring when we return!) 🤞🏼  But it does sound like it will be great either way 😊

On 6/18/2019 at 9:06 AM, island lady said:

I believe he was formerly on the Enchantment...indeed a very nice person!  🙂 

He was in guest services on enchantment some of the time it was out of Baltimore.   He was also a cook on grandeur 2008-2010 time period.   He still remembers how my mom liked her create your own pasta.

24 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

I don’t know Francis, but we love Carlington (and hope to see him there in the spring when we return!) 🤞🏼  But it does sound like it will be great either way 😊

It's funny...first time we ever sailed on Grandeur was last August, we were in the Royal Suite and Carlington was there.  It had been 17 yrs since we had been on a cruise and never in a suite so didn't know what to expect.  Got to the boat like normal, stood in the xray/security line with everyone else,  was told to go right on after we checked in, got to room when it opened at 1pm, around 4pm we finally met him when he came by and introduced himself.   The following day I saw him in the AM and asked about pressing and he took care of it.  Then we didn't really see him again.   We went to CocoCay on the trip, I rented a bungalow on South Beach, ate the boxed lunch, and overall had a nice relaxing cruising.  So really had no complaints.

We decided to go again and took a cruise the week before Christmas.  Same boat, same room.  Francis called me a week or so before sailing, asked some stuff like when I would get to the port....he called me while I was driving to the port, he met us at our car and walked us into the terminal.  He took us to the front of the security scan in line, took care of all the paper work while we walked the xrays, took us on the boat, took us right to our room because as he said "i got it ready early for you".  Then we saw him every morning.  He asked what we were doing in CocoCay and I said I rented a bungalow again and he said "Why would you do that, I'll get you a cabana they are nicer and there is a buffet, he met us every AM in chops when we were eating breakfast, told us about suite parties we should go to, when we are to cococay came to our cabana with snorkel gear, came and got us for lunch as soon as it was ready....when we were in FL and got in late...I had said I was concerned because we weren't on a RC excursion but wanted to get over the Aquarium quickly...so he took us off the ship first...even before the RC excursion line.  Overall we had a significantly different/better experience with Francis.  It is one of the reasons we have sailed on the Anthem with a Genie now (once in April and coming up in August).

Edited by dodgestang

11 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

It's funny...first time we ever sailed on Grandeur was last August, we were in the Royal Suite and Carlington was there.  It had been 17 yrs since we had been on a cruise and never in a suite so didn't know what to expect.  Got to the boat like normal, stood in the xray/security line with everyone else,  was told to go right on after we checked in, got to room when it opened at 1pm, around 4pm we finally met him when he came by and introduced himself.   The following day I saw him in the AM and asked about pressing and he took care of it.  Then we didn't really see him again.   We went to CocoCay on the trip, I rented a bungalow on South Beach, ate the boxed lunch, and overall had a nice relaxing cruising.  So really had no complaints.

We decided to go again and took a cruise the week before Christmas.  Same boat, same room.  Francis called me a week or so before sailing, asked some stuff like when I would get to the port....he called me while I was driving to the port, he met us at our car and walked us into the terminal.  He took us to the front of the security scan in line, took care of all the paper work while we walked the xrays, took us on the boat, took us right to our room because as he said "i got it ready early for you".  Then we saw him every morning.  He asked what we were doing in CocoCay and I said I rented a bungalow again and he said "Why would you do that, I'll get you a cabana they are nicer and there is a buffet, he met us every AM in chops when we were eating breakfast, told us about suite parties we should go to, when we are to cococay came to our cabana with snorkel gear, came and got us for lunch as soon as it was ready....when we were in FL and got in late...I had said I was concerned because we weren't on a RC excursion but wanted to get over the Aquarium quickly...so he took us off the ship first...even before the RC excursion line.  Overall we had a significantly different/better experience with Francis.  It is one of the reasons we have sailed on the Anthem with a Genie now (once in April and coming up in August).

I find the royal suite service a step far too far, a bit too much.  But we does love the suites. But from your story I can definitely see how you would favor Francis!  But to be honest we were lucky that we got the Bungalow that we reserved (we prefer those partly due to the privacy) because the day that we were a cococay a couple of weeks ago someone at corporate RCCL made a *huge* mistake - the Adventure and the Grandeur were scheduled in port together but EACH had been informed they were the only ship in port and so the entire island was booked at 200% 🙄  Apparently half the cruisers with the reservations have been canceled a day or two before we sailed 🤦🏼‍♀️

We will definitely look forward to meeting Francis now!

@dodgestang  P.S.  I so hate autocorrect and typing from mobile devices! I end up with phrase like the WE DOES LOVE SUITES above 🤦🏼‍♀️🤪🤣

I only noticed it when I was going to try to correct it to specify that it was Royal Suites on the larger ships that we felt  been cleaning service was a bit overboard and sometimes to the point of being embarrassing. That is usually not the case on ships like the grandeur though. 

On 6/18/2019 at 9:10 AM, island lady said:

Agree...Alan is one of the best.   Never sits still, always working the room and helping out in the DL with anything that is needed.  Very pleasant and welcoming.  He used to be in the CL, but moved to the DL...which is nice since we prefer that lounge to the CL on Rhapsody.  🙂 

Alan is amazing.  We just did two weeks on Rhapsody with him.  Looking forward to seeing him again in August. 

12 hours ago, luvinthecruiselife said:

Does anyone know who is the current Concierge aboard Explorer.

Thanks,

Shelley

See you and Rick in Jan on serenade.  I want to thank him for his suggestions on the V2V.  Wife decided that was better and I dont have to drive so win for me.  Although i told her that the bus shuttle service that uses the BC ferries was less than half price and we get to see the same ocean and islands.  Plus we would be getting into Vancouver at 3pm so we could go to the suspension bridge. Son told me he would forgo the suspension bridge in favor of the better seating on V2V.

On 6/18/2019 at 9:10 AM, island lady said:

We adored Alan! Best ever. So wonderful with my girls,