MDR any night other than formal night.

I'm willing to do slacks and a dress shirt on normal MDR nights but was curious if dress shorts with a button down or polo would be acceptable too?

They ask for no shorts in the dining room in the evening. However, you can probably ignore that because I doubt they will enforce it.

I'm willing to do slacks and a dress shirt on normal MDR nights but was curious if dress shorts with a button down or polo would be acceptable too?

We saw many people in shorts the first night on the Oasis. Other nights, we did not see shorts in the area we were sitting in on the Oasis.

We did see one many watching a hockey game on his laptop on formal night though.:rolleyes:

We saw many people in shorts the first night on the Oasis. Other nights, we did not see shorts in the area we were sitting in on the Oasis.

We did see one many watching a hockey game on his laptop on formal night though.:rolleyes:

We noticed the same except the last night where we were sitting (Deck 4 dining room) there were a lot of shorts being worn. Other nights we did not see any either.

Nice meeting you!!!

We noticed the same except the last night where we were sitting (Deck 4 dining room) there were a lot of shorts being worn. Other nights we did not see any either.

Nice meeting you!!!

Nice meeting you too!:)

We ended up skipping the MDR the last night since I wasn't feeling well so we missed seeing what was in our area.

Probably gonna get beat up here but I am tired of packing for formal night. Been there, done that, not gonna do it any more.

I wear a polo type shirt with either khakis or dress slacks to dinner. I don't wear shorts.

Tim

Nice meeting you!!!

See now this seems reasonable to me since many people may have already packed and are wearing what they plan to wear off the ship the next day. We have never done this but it does make sense to me. Similar to how shorts are acceptable on the first night due to people potentially not receiving their luggage prior to dinner.

Personally I really only care what people I am helping to pack will be wearing. In most cases this means my husband and on our last cruise I did give my dad extensive packing instructions although he did have to do his own actual packing as he lives 2 hours away from me. We like dressing up so the past 2 cruises my husband has rented a tux and will likely do so again as we can cut down on our luggage while he still looks awesome for formal night portraits. Our travel companions like to dress up too so no worries there.

They always cut you a bit of slack first night as luggage delay may be the issue.

People will wear shorts on non formal nights.

My big concern is about my 4 year old DGS. He has outgrown his "trousers" and with our hot weather, he doesn't wear "long pants" in the summer. He has a little tuxedo to wear on formal night, but for the short time he's in the MDR on the other nights, do you think he can get away with nice looking shorts? The grands are only in the MDR for about an hour as they are taken to the kids club by the staff as soon as they finish dinner.

Thanks!